Your Next DVD

Wow! Thank you Cathe!

Hurray! This sounds like my kind of workouts. I can't wait! Just what I need. Love it.

WOW! Thank you Cathe!

I can't believe it - I am so excited. Thank you so much Cathe for continuing to whoop my butt! I am loving the new workouts! I have incorporated them into your January STS/LIS 3 month rotation-which is my favorite rotation ever! Your new series is exactly what I want! Thank you for working so hard and delivering the best workouts! Waiting for the second you say Pre-sale!!!

OMG, Cathe I can't believe you are already working on something else. I'm happy that you did though, this series sounds awesome.

Can't wait to see how this one turns out. Thank you for everything that you do and I will be preordering once you all give the word :)

Wow Cathe....This news just really made my day! I'm so excited and I will pre-order as soon as the pre-order officially starts! I know the original Cross Train Express had a lot of step, so hopefully there will be another alternative for those of us who step challenged (i.e. Cycle Max 2 perhaps?). Also if Greg and Robert aren't too busy, I wouldn't mind seeing them return in future releases as they both bring a little something extra to the table and they are definitely a nice sight for the eyes if I say so myself. :)

Last edited:
I would totally flip my lid if one of the workouts was interval step (another IMAX) :eek:.

Cathe, your new workouts kick serious booty!!!! Thanks again for those 2 "masterpieces" :).

Natasha

Id appriciated a low impact step that we can use as steady state. Something to get ur heart rate to burn fat and keeps it there for a longer time. I think these types of workouts still have a place amoung all the Hiit.. All they Imaxs ..I like them but some days id love to have a longer easy SS workout by Cathe AND steady state cardiology alittle more intense that is low impact as well. then then low one. I love step blast and low max and I like then low impact circuit cardio premix.

Ohhhh Cathe,YOU ROCK!!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new DVDs!!! Holy wow!! I love the 4 minute Tabatas. The band one kicks butt!!! you make it so easy to put new and interesting workouts together each day. I cannot wait for more weight workouts from you. You have totally kept me in shape through five pregnancies, and I feel so empowered, at age 41, to be keeping up with you! You just keep getting better. I workout hard every day for about 40-45 min. Because of your chaptering and premixes, it is possible to get a GREAT workout in in that time frame. What length do you think your new workouts will be? You are THE BEST, and no one comes close. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thanks for the sneak peek, Cathe. I love the idea of getting cardio and weights in daily within an hour or so, and I am looking forward to the new series too!

Eva

Cathe Friedrich said:
Hi Aveggiegirl! Thank you so much for the kind words....I loved making those two workouts.

Funny you should ask...we're actually in the process of getting ready to announce my next video project, so more details will have to wait till then. But its a really awesome series!!!! For now I can share that there will be 10 new DVD's containing both cardio and strength training workouts and the name of the series is XTRAIN. The idea for this series was born out of listening to everyone’s feedback and suggestions about STS and another older favorite – Cross Train Xpress. XTRAIN takes the best of both STS and Cross Train Xpress and merges the two concepts, but of course with an updated approach and improvements. We will have shorter weight workouts than STS too.

But to answer your question - all of the strength workouts will focus either on building lean muscle (aka..hypertrophy) and/or muscle endurance. I'll be mixing a wide variety of rep ranges in XTRAIN that vary from 10 reps and upward. I'm also following an Undulating Periodization plan (just a fancy term meaning we constantly mix things up) in XTRAIN instead of a Linear Periodization plan like we did in the original STS program. So these are just a few changes you will see. I'm so excited to film these. Happy Friday :)

YAAAAAAAY. STS and ctx are my fav! I am in.

XTRAIN

Hi Aveggiegirl! Thank you so much for the kind words....I loved making those two workouts.

Funny you should ask...we're actually in the process of getting ready to announce my next video project, so more details will have to wait till then. But its a really awesome series!!!! For now I can share that there will be 10 new DVD's containing both cardio and strength training workouts and the name of the series is XTRAIN. The idea for this series was born out of listening to everyone’s feedback and suggestions about STS and another older favorite – Cross Train Xpress. XTRAIN takes the best of both STS and Cross Train Xpress and merges the two concepts, but of course with an updated approach and improvements. We will have shorter weight workouts than STS too.

But to answer your question - all of the strength workouts will focus either on building lean muscle (aka..hypertrophy) and/or muscle endurance. I'll be mixing a wide variety of rep ranges in XTRAIN that vary from 10 reps and upward. I'm also following an Undulating Periodization plan (just a fancy term meaning we constantly mix things up) in XTRAIN instead of a Linear Periodization plan like we did in the original STS program. So these are just a few changes you will see. I'm so excited to film these. Happy Friday :)

Hi Cathe

I have to say that I am impressed by you. I absolutely love purchasing your videos. I am on week 2 of my STS Mesocycle 3 series and I absolutely love it. I especially appreciate the fact that you do the workouts as well and sweat with us. So I am absolutely looking forward to XTRAIN. It will come in time for the fall/winter after I finish my next rotation which will start in September.

My question is will the XTRAIN come with a user's guide? I love the guide because I am able to write down the weights. I'm "traditional" in the sense that I like to write things down rather than using the website. It keeps me more focused. Please let me know. This would be wonderful. I pre-ordered the XTRAIN as soon as I received the newletter giving us the "green" light.

Thanks again for being a great inspiration in the world of fitness.

Hi Cathe

I have to say that I am impressed by you. I absolutely love purchasing your videos. I am on week 2 of my STS Mesocycle 3 series and I absolutely love it. I especially appreciate the fact that you do the workouts as well and sweat with us. So I am absolutely looking forward to XTRAIN. It will come in time for the fall/winter after I finish my next rotation which will start in September.

My question is will the XTRAIN come with a user's guide? I love the guide because I am able to write down the weights. I'm "traditional" in the sense that I like to write things down rather than using the website. It keeps me more focused. Please let me know. This would be wonderful. I pre-ordered the XTRAIN as soon as I received the newletter giving us the "green" light.

Thanks again for being a great inspiration in the world of fitness.

Hi! Yep, Xtrain comes with a guide, woohoo! (check out this thread: http://cathe.com/forum/f115/xtrain-guide-289768/)

I am also starting STS again 9/3, can't wait!

Denise

Thanks Denise! I am scheduled to be done with STS on August24th. Then I'll take a week & go back to running before starting the Low Impact Series. Hopefully when that is done, I'll receive the XTrain!!

Best of luck!

I would totally flip my lid if one of the workouts was interval step (another IMAX) :eek:.

Cathe, your new workouts kick serious booty!!!! Thanks again for those 2 "masterpieces" :).

Natasha

I'd like some complex step work with some blasts thrown in. Maybe a "preview the moves" option on the dvd menu so that there is little break down in the workout. I'm thinking along the lines of the challenge in Step Blast and the bonus step segment in Body Max 2. Just a thought.

I'm happy as can be to see another boxing workout! Haven't had a new one of those since the MMA workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.