your laugh for the day

AKirkland

Cathlete
I've complained on this forum before about how my husband never works out and, worse, sits in his recliner and *eats* while he watches me workout.

Yesterday evening, I paused in my workout to get a drink of water. It was then that I noticed he was eating Girl Scout cookies while I'm sweating and killing myself. I said, "I can't believe you're sitting there eating Girl Scout cookies while I'm working out!" He said, "Well, at least they're *thin mints*!!"

:D

Nice. Every day my husband comes home with a new box of Girl Scout Cookies. I said, "How many boxes did you buy?" He said, "About 10. But it's for a great cause." Whatever buddy.

Angela I hear ya. My husnband does this all the time, sits and scarfs down brownies, tins of this that and the other, inhales olives, a complete feeding frenzy while I sweat to create chiseled abs or whatever. What is it with husbands? At least he doesn't claim they are slim line olives or anything!!!!

Clare

I never give them grief for what they eat, but I don't hold back on the "blubber" comments either. I told my last boyfriend he looked like a guitar from the back and he never forgot that. It made him lose weight. But I am a person who simply cannot be attracted to a fat man, and that is pretty non-negotiable. Friends fine, lovers, no way.

The other day my dh had me bake my famous cheesecake for a celebration at his office. I rarely make it. Kidding around, I told him it smelled so good he would have to pry it out of my hands to get it out of the house and into the office. With that, he replied that he was only doing me a favor...if I ate some, I'd only have to do more of Cathe to work it off.:) :9

"But I am a person who simply cannot be attracted to a fat man, and that is pretty non-negotiable. Friends fine, lovers, no way."

I totally agree. It's fortunate for my husband that he is naturally very thin. He eats all kinds of junk. People kept saying it would eventually catch up with him as he got older, but he turns 42 in May and it hasn't affected him yet.

Mogambo ... Harsh words! Ouch!!! Glad i'm not your boyfriend, that comment would have crushed me. And i thought it was only men that made cruel "weight comments" lol

I find when i've been in love it makes no difference what weight they may be. My last partner put on 2 1/2 stone (40lbs) and it didn't change my love or make me feel less sexually attracted. For me, weight is not an issue. The heart is more important.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.