Your favorite inspirational movie(s)...

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, someone had started a thread on LinkedIn asking what your fav movies were that inspire you, give you chills, make you want to go out and do something special, make a difference, etc..

I'll start.

Soul Surfer brings me to tears EVERY time
The Blind Side- I cheer & whoop it up without fail!
I know this will sound soo corny but the end of Scrooged (the 1980's Christmas story with Bill Murry).... the speech he gives at the end gets me.

What about you?

I know I'm forgetting some so inspire me!
Pam

The most recent inspirational movie I've seen is 7 Days in Utopia. Probably wouldn't call it my favorite, but I liked it very much.

Gwynn

My movies would be, Pay it Forward, all of the Rocky movies but especially the very last one when Rocky is talking to his son outside of the restaurant (I just love all the rocky movies). Miracle (1984 Olympic Hockey team), Stigmata is an all time favorite for me, the scene when the two priests are talking in the church about God. You want to talk about corny, Bridges of Madison County, it is my yearly cry. Speaking of Clint Eastwood, Gran Tarino.....loved loved loved that movie!!!!!! And I can't forget Scent of a Woman, when Frank shows up at Charlie's college and gives the speech of a lifetime! I have watched it so many times I can say it with him! Now that is one speech that gives me chills!

My movies would be, Pay it Forward, all of the Rocky movies but especially the very last one when Rocky is talking to his son outside of the restaurant (I just love all the rocky movies). Miracle (1984 Olympic Hockey team), Stigmata is an all time favorite for me, the scene when the two priests are talking in the church about God. You want to talk about corny, Bridges of Madison County, it is my yearly cry. Speaking of Clint Eastwood, Gran Tarino.....loved loved loved that movie!!!!!! And I can't forget Scent of a Woman, when Frank shows up at Charlie's college and gives the speech of a lifetime! I have watched it so many times I can say it with him! Now that is one speech that gives me chills!

Oh my gosh- Scent of a Woman is amazing!! Like you the speech at the end makes me stand up and cheer!! Thanks for the reminder!
Pam

Rudy has to be mine. He just fights and fights for what he really wants and it's based on a true story, so even better.

Shawshank Redemption (my all time favorite)
With Honors
Dead Poets Society
Finding Neverland
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Okay- I will put Remember the Titans in my Netflix cue! A few non-Cathletes also mentioned. Cathlete opinions matter more though!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.