You Who Gayle (banslug)

ElaineP

Cathlete
I know how much you love soup. Have you tried the Chicken stew in the
Clean Eating Magazine current issue? I made it yesterday and it is delish!!
I used sweet potatoes instead of parsnip.

Oh and a question for you, Have you received your heavy duty resistance band for pull ups and if you have how do you like it?
(I saw on another thread you had ordered one) I've been eyeing them.

OH! Elaine! My name IN LIGHTS like that! Exciting and scary all at the same time! :)

I have the ingredients for that stew on my list right now. I am going to be making that one this week, TONIGHT or tomorrow, even. Thanks for the tip on the sweet potato; I make that same sub all the time. I'll let you know what I think after I make it!

As for the band, I am expecting it today. I didn't get it in time for Disc 2 this morning (back and tris), but I just did negative pull/chin ups instead. I can't wait to play with the band, though, and am sure I'll try it out as soon as I open it! I'll let you know how it is!

Thanks!!!!!

Gayle

WOW! What an afternoon I'm having! lol Elaine, after your review of the soup, I HAD to go to the store that second. So, I just got back from getting the chicken I needed for it, and guess what.....my bands were in my front door! DS (who is home sick today) said the mailman knocked and put them there!

SO........

Off to the basement I went. I hooked up one and tried it out! AWESOME! I did my first assisted pullup and chinup with the band! I LOVE IT. Then I did a few more, figured I may as well, right?

In case you want to know....I bought them at www.jumpstretch.com. I bought the average band for $22 and the light band for $18. They're on sale now (I think $2 off each)!!! Both have a 1 year warranty!!!

Now....off to do some cooking and then I'll be back with MY review!

Gayle

Thanks for the info on the bands. Now to convince DH that I need them.
I have time since I won't be starting STS until I've healed from having Shingles.

Oh, Elaine. I'm sorry to hear about the Shingles. My dad had that 2 years ago. FEEL BETTER FAST!

I think your best remedy is more Chicken Veggie Stew! ;) I made it yesterday afternoon and LOVED IT!!!! DS ate it as well, and that's ALWAYS a plus!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.