Yoga recommendations

AnnMac

Hi! I am looking for some dvd recommendations for yoga. I have Firm Power Yoga and enjoy it. I am an advanced exerciser, mainly Cathe, not extremely flexible (partly because I don't take the time to work on it). Any ideas, thinking 30-45 minutes 2-3 times a week. Thanks!

I really like Kate Potter's Namaste yoga series. The DVD I have has 6 short routines (approximately 25 minutes each). However, she has a new DVD called Namaste:The Elements which has 2 forty-minute routines. I don't have the new DVD but i've heard good things about it!

http://www.katepotteryoga.ca/namastetv.html

HTH!
Katie

The ones I rotate through are:

• Yoga Short Forms: The Practice DVD (David Swenson)
  • Yoga: Gentle Vinyasa Flow (Zyrka Landwijt)
  • Rodney Yee's Yoga for Every Day of the Week and his Energy Balance Yoga DVDs; and finally
  • Eoian Finn's Pursuit of Happy Hips and Pure and Simple Yoga DVDs
These are all instructors I would say have a "serene" energy (vs. chipper or Type A) and they really help me get deep into the stretches.

Another vote for Kate Potter's Namaste yoga. I have both seasons and rotate thru them doing one almost every day after my workout. Her new one is on my wish list.

Rodney Yee's AM yoga for your week. I particularly enjoy this as an add-on to a 30 minute cardio workout. Each one is 22 or 23 minutes. Forward bends and hip segments are my favorites.

I really like Shiva Rea's DVD's. She usually has a matrix or chapter menu which allows you to create your own workout or just do a shorter session. If you are a beginner i would recommend her Flow Yoga for Beginners.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I feel like I have somewhere to look now. There are so many out there and sometimes I don't know where to even begin to look. See what I come up with!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.