Ya just would never see this

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, I'm at lunch at one of my fav restaraunts - because they have free WiFi and I can get work done while dining. There are these two guys sitting nearby who I swear have not said one single word to each other. Could be it's because it's a Sports Bar but they don't seem terribly engaged.

You would NEVER see two women at lunch not chatting it up constantly. They don't seem angry with each other but they have barely made eye contact and just sit in silense basically ignoring each other.

I personally believe it's genetically impossible for two women to NOT talk when together. I mean seriously, they've been here for 30 minutes.

Weird, weird, weird. :p:cool:

Pam

This reminds me of being at lunch one day and being seated next to 2 late-50s guys. Unlike your situation, these guys WERE talking to each other, about sports and some sort of mechanical equipment or something. After awhile, they had the following exchange:

Guy A: SO how's the new marriage?

Guy B: (Silence for a few seconds, then...) Well, the SEX life is off the charts!

A: That's why it's good there's such an age difference, because she'll always have that DRIVE...

B. (Grunt)

Then they went back to discussing politics or football or solmething.

I REALLY could not believe that that is the only comment either of them made when one of them had just gotten married!!!! It made me sorta depressed. I asked hubby about it that night and he said he thought it was as appalling as I did, but I don't know if he was just covering for his gender and that that's how most guys would talk if they were alone with no women at the table...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.