Xers Wishful "sleeping" Saturday ;-)

RE: Xers Wishful

Oh! Almost forgot...

Lea: I was wrong. The Kest workshop is only $100.00. I'm still not going for it though. Also, just in case you was considering a Baron yoga dvd... The Baron Baptiste Live dvd has a 30 minute Unlocking Athletic Power sequence. It isn't very relaxing or restorative. However, it has some nice hip openers and form pointers in it. It's not a good stand alone practice. It was nice as an add on.

I'll catch up on the rest of personals later.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Wendy

Good Saturday evening, everyone!

Has anyone taken a good look at the rotations that came in the P90X+ booklet? Have you noticed that the "maintenance" rotation and the Classic+ rotation use the exact same workouts, except for the Classic+ rotation using YogaX once a week, while the Maintenance rotation incorporates KenpoX? So, the maintenace plan has you doing the same amount of weight training as the classic, and one more cardio session. The workouts are done in a different order. So, is it the sequencing of the workouts that makes the difference, or is there really no difference between these two rotations? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, here's the two rotations:

Maintenance
Day 1 UB+; Abs/core+
Day 2 KenpoX and/or Interval X+
Day 3 UB+; ARX
Day 4 Kenpo Cardio+
Day 5 TB+
Day 6 IntervalX+; Abs/core+
Day 7 rest

Classic+, Phase I (phases 2 and 3 are exactly the same, except that Day 2's workout alternates between IntervalX+ and PlyoX)
Day 1 UB+; Abs/core+
Day 2 IntervalX+; Abs/core+
Day 3 TB+
Day 4 YogaX
Day 5 UB+; Abs/core+
Day 6 Kenpo Cardio+
Day 7 rest of XStretch

So, how does the Maintenance plan merely maintain your gains for up to 8 weeks, while the Classic+ (which you do for 12 weeks) helps you improve your conditioning?

Sandra

I'm going for personals this time!!

Traci....So share: do you have mirrors up?? Did Wendell snore again tonight? Is the shoulder still crabbing at you? So you enjoyed torturing your legs today, did you? I think Cathe looks like she's truly having a blast in all of the Body Blast workouts. I think that's why they're my favourite. Ooh whoo! I'll bet your client thinks long and hard about missing a workout again! And you get paid for being so sadistic? Amazing! Thanks for the link to the muscle-page. Yet another excellent site that I've bookmarked.

Tracy....That cold is still giving you grief? It's so annoying when they drag on like that. I have a ball of phlegm sitting in my upper chest, and it made a noticeable difference in my workouts these last couple of days.

Wendy....So, what are we naming this tape worm of yours? I think the dvd that came with the high step is High Step Circuit? Not sure. Cathe filmed Basic Step, High Step Circuit, and High Step Training Advanced at the same time. HSTA is a more advanced version of HSCircuit. But HSCircuit is still a nice workout. Yes, it's another of my pregnancy workouts LOL! Hey, did you ever give us the full story about why you didn't bring home a new baby? How did your suitcase full of charity goods go over in Thailand? Did your mother and sister come home with you?

Laurie....A weekend post from you! The kids must be busy with other stuff. Awwww, a new toy for you to play with! Are you having fun with the new computer? Those burgers sound delicious. I love portobello mushrooms.

Debra....I ask the same question when I go into DD's bathroom. Kids today! What can you do? Congratulations on doing a headstand!! When I try, I usually wind up just yelling "timberrrrr!" and crashing to the ground.

Nicole....I wonder what self-indulgent delights you're doing for yourself tonight? If I were you, I'd be changing the locks ;) Now that you've done the X+ workouts a number of time, are you still loving them? Salt bloat is only temporary, so unless you're entering a physique competition this week, what's the harm of having a reasonable portion?

Jeanette....I love how you're embracing this lower body work! Have you got yourself as convinced as you're trying to sound?

Christiane....I'll get the cake pics on my Picture Trail hopefully on Sunday. A phone call tonight wound up rearranging the rest of my weekend. I think DH will just be taking the older DD skiing with the friends tomorrow. I'm sorry to miss out on the skiing (I'm a big fan), but relieved not to have to chase DD#2 around the lodge for a few hours. My, I commend you for your perseverence in the face of adversity!

So, which one of you is responsible for my AF coming an entire week early?? Hmmmm? 'Fess up! Who started on Thursday? I didn't appreciate the v-day gift!

Well, I was hoping to do a better job of catching up than this, but I just can't stay awake any longer. I'll be back tomrorrow to do better.

'Night night!
Sandra

Hi all,
DS came over tonite and will be taking the 4-wheelers out on the desert tomorrow. DH may or may not go with him as my sister and BIL will be here around noon. I'm going to go to the group bike ride as we meet at 10:00 a.m. Will be back in time for them to show up. It all works :7. I will be making Wendy's broccoli casserole, a nice green salad and bringing a couple of oatmeal cakes that I made tonite. The main dish is chicken cordon bleu. I know this is not spelled right. Will be taking the food over to Mom and Dad's as then Grandma can get up and go to bed whenever she wants. DH is watching a war movie right now, something about Letters from Iwo Jima. It's all Japanese language with subtitles. He's liking it so. Tomorrow is the Tour of California prologue. It will be on Versus (satellite TV) at 2:00. I doubt I will get to watch it over at Mom and Dad's. I'll have to check to see if they play it again later on. So many times they do.

Tracy, I bet a Lowmax circuit would be a good one. That workout alone makes me sweat more than anything else. Of course PLB today made me sweat big time too. It was rolling off of me during the weighted work. I think those with short hair want to go long and those with long want to go shorter. Maybe easing into it would be better. All I know is I'm NOT going gray for quite a while. One of my younger sisters is totally white headed. She takes after my mom who started getting gray at age 18. I just have a little bit around my temples, hairline and top of my head. Easy enough to have touched up every 5 weeks, along with a haircut. Re: my DH, no I don't think he works hard enough around here, but neither do I. I just wish he could be a little more of a putterer around the place. Most of all, I wish he'd do stuff on his own without me having to NAG! Then it becomes a power thing and he resents me telling him. I'm going to start a list for him. We'll see who has the power... }( Evil LOL!!!

Nicole, I won't even tell you how Dove dark chocolate melts on my tongue. Better left unsaid. Did you go for Chinese tonite? I think I could manage my own chow mein, adding this and that to some bean sprouts. I do have to keep cracking the whip on DH for some reason. Can't he see that stuff needs to be fixed around here? He's really good about taking care of the cars and getting firewood, but little maintenance carpentry stuff he lets go until finally I've had it up to here! I'd like it if he'd start doing more of the yardwork too. For some reason, I always seem to be doing it. I don't mind, but hey, the LPGA tour is waiting for me. 27 Dresses? Never heard of it before. Hope you enjoy it with your BFF.

Debra, great job on the headstand! Did you do it against a wall or out in the open? Obviously you must have ditched the headache. I'm thinking it should be pretty easy to hook up with the friends. They gave me their cell phone #'s and I told them the dates so sure it will happen. The massage/facial is such a nice treat. I called DS's girlfriend this morning (Cass is her name) and asked how her neck was doing. She said it was a little bit sore from the massage, but so much better than it had been. My scapula area still feels good too. We will probably go again in May, which will be 3 months. How was the Japanese steakhouse? You have a test on Monday? Isn't that a holiday?

Christiane, you did not have the best day for sure. I've had times like that. It reminds me of the time years ago when I was foxhunting. It started with a cold morning where I had trouble catching my horse in the corral. Normally he was no trouble. Okay, I catch him, load him up and then drive over to my friends house to pick he and his horse up. Well, after we load his horse in the trailer, I didn't notice a lodgepole corral railing sticking out and I hit it with the fender of my trailer, denting it pretty good. Okay, we keep going and when we get out near the area where we were supposed to fox hunt, I miss the turnoff and have to turn around. Well, I got off in the sand and got the truck and horse trailer stuck. We stayed stuck for a long time and had to ride for help. It was quite a day. So whenever things are going wrong, I think back to that day. Not that it helps much. Just makes me think back to that day. I hope you didn't do those front splits like I did! And I'm NOT flexible. Oh well, now you can go forward with your workouts. So nice that you and DH get to work out together. So what is a pod? Is it only good for one shot of espresso? Ooooh, a 90 minute massage would be wonderful. Actually, I enjoy the facials almost as much as the massage. She does my face, hands and feet too. The massage is full body so I get a double whammy on the hands and feet. Bliss!!! Have you decided if you can come to the retreat? We'd all love to meet you too! Crossing my fingers... Is your DD doing better now that she's had Mom for a bit of support? Hope so.

Traci, Leg Press Mania, is that from ME? Great workout for you. I've really been concentrating on my legs and form. I am careful with the deadlifts. 40# and I don't go down real far. Don't want to risk popping something. I'm thinking I need to buy some 25#ers. Which exercises should we do to prepare for our 1RPM ahead of time? I'm thinking we're going to need to do these before we start STS so we're working with the right weight. I haven't preordered yet, but no doubt will before too long. I read on the STS forum where one poster has a hard time with Cathe's little comments, they irritate her. I get pretty tired of that gal. I want to say, just don't buy her stuff if she irritates you. Cathe is so genuine to me that nothing she says bothers me at all. Over and over. Some people want this perfectly produced workout, as if these DVD's are Oscar material or something. I think it's ridiculous. Did the mirrors get hung? How many mirrors do you have in the workout room now?

Wendy, I wear a 7.5 too, so Debra and I can take turns wearing your new shoes. Of course, I'll have to get those callouses off or I'll be like the wicked stepsister Druzilla trying to cram my feet into those beauties. What is the stuff that you recommended for me to use on my feet and where can I buy it? I really do need to start incorporating some foot love into my routines. LOL about the wedding photos at Giggleberry! Don't kids look way too young to you anymore? Especially the guys. I was commenting to DH about how I'm concerned that the skills of car repair, carpentry, welding, concrete work, etc. are not being passed down to the next generation of kids. I am so thankful that DH has those skills (who'd have known todayx() and taught the boys. They both are wizzes about car repair stuff and can do almost all phases of home repair. How was that wine tonite? I can see it now, you won't be posting until about 2 p.m. tomorrow, complaining about a headache, cottonmouth, hangover, spins.

Okay, got to sign off now. I have clothes to put away and the guest bed to still make up. We're still watching Iwo Jima. It's actually a decent movie if you concentrate and aren't typing at a laptop during most of it.

Jeanette

Sandra, a week early for AF? I'd hate that as I'm usually 23 days apart anyway. Looking forward to the cake pics. I'm hoping to see less jiggle in my legs soon and stronger biking too. I don't have nicely shaped legs anyway, really I don't, but firming them up has got to help, plus, making them stronger never hurts. I really, really am enjoying the leg workouts. This is actually the first time I've done a real leg blasting rotation. I'm just not crazy about the high step work with a loaded BB on my shoulders. I think if I go heavier, I will take down some of the risers.

Enjoy your day tomorrow with only one DD to watch. Skiing sounds fun as it's been sunny lately. DS's GF and I may go next month. We just need to set a date and go for it.

Night!

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.