Xers ~ Wild Saturday~

Traci-X, Oh my, I'm blushing:) Have fun with DH}(

LeaX, We are getting a few sprinkles now. It's good because then it can soak in instead of running off. We just had a few big fires and it would cause flash floods if we had to much.

WendyX, I actually made some wg buttermilk biscuits from King Arthur Flour the other night. I thought they tasted good but DH said they tasted like bran muffins. He is such a baby when it comes to eating wheat. He actually ate the oat bread that I made of Sandra's the other day. I guess it's a start:) Gee, your going to have so much fun with DS}(

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi there all...back while I wake up from my nap!! It was nice to loll around the bed a bit this afternoon. DD is upstairs watching High School Musical 2 on my workout TV...so I'll wait until her movie is done before I workout. I have on my workout clothes, though...woohoo!

Went to the farmer's market and had a great time...They had so much stuff!! I got some fresh okra and white lady beans as well as some homemade monkey bread and a couple of bottles of local wine. Then the pumpkins....O My Word! You would not believe the colors and varieties out there! We ended up with one that is green and pink (yes, pink), one that is yellow and green striped, a probably 30 pound bumpy orange one and then a really dark orange one too....as well as a few smaller ones to set around. We also got a few mums that I will get out tomorrow if it kills me! I meant to get a couple of decorative cabbage, and forgot...so I may run back out there tomorrow. I wish you guys could see all of the things out there! They have seafood brought up from the NC coast, fresh goat cheese, all kinds of pies and cakes and fritters, fresh beef...this week they had ostrich meat...who knew?? That is not to mention all of the seasonal fruits veggies and plants out there. Just wonderful! Can you tell we had a good time?

Okay...onto a few personals before DD's movie is over....

Traci....Sounds like you had a nice workout today...I guess if the boat gets DH that hot, you could always fool around IN the boat! LOL! You could give the neighbors a thrill as it's parked in the driveway. Happy that you got your juicer, too! I guess, things will be bumpy on my homefront for a while...I knew things had been going to easy!! Hope you gave those hammies a nice stretch today.

Sandra...My friend...You seem to have a lot of irons in the fire today! Hope you get a chance to take it a bit easy and nurse that cold before it gets out of hand. Hope DD's earache is feeling better. We have always been pretty lucky and avoided a lot of those in our house. I am sure your cakes will be beautiful and yummy...especially the cough syrup one.

Lea...Sorry no beach time...but glad you guys got the rain...We are way behind on our rain for the year, too! Have fun with yoga today...and Woody...not the same woody as Traci's DH, though...LOL!

Tracy...My dear...You just can't seem to catch a break at work lately. So sorry it was such a tough week. I can't believe you did all of SH today!! You are a machine!

Nicole...Nectar, sweet honey nectar! I just love Eion! Your boys pumpkin field trip sounds fun. We have a local fair coming in about 2 weeks where they have all of the big bunnies and pigs, etc as well as the rides..so we are planning on going to that with DD. I need to look into some other fun things to do with her this fall since it is my favorite season!

Teddygirl...Yes, we'll do pumpkin seeds this year...I am sure DD will like them. We actually didn't get any pumpkins to carve this time...later in October. Have fun with the GK this evening...Sure wish I could have some pizza! I actually asked a couple of farmers at the market if I could have a piece of theirs...LOL! I was going to be good and cook veggies for dinner...but the pizza is sounding awfully tempting.

Wendy...I don't like watching other people's kids either. Unless they can pretty much take care of themselves! LOL about your DH saying you are a cold woman! Glad you got a back rub out of your boys last night. It's good your girls at least have a neighbor who is willing to go out for pumpkins with them...since their cold, cold mother won't...LOL!!! I don't know anything about the Zunes...but I don't like the Ipod much..I have a Samsung MP3 and I can do all I want with that...and can use all types of media...not just iTunes.

Cheryl...Glad to see our smiling face today. Yes...still lots of bumps...but I guess that is to be expected. Good job on PUB..now cardio?? You crazy woman!

Okay...HSM2 is over...so I can head up and workout...I think I am going to do SH chest and back...I need something that moves slow as I am feeling pretty slothlike today. Then I can do a short cardio tomorrow before I plant my mums....and maybe head back out to the market. BBL to check on you guys. I may even crack open the blackberry wine I got today!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eion Finn

Tracie, that's a pretty sharp boat, I like it nice. When are you guys going to break it in? put that baby on the water.

Debra: leave Wendell alonex( x( and stay away from the pizza girlie, stay away. She said GK ate already good, now I continue on clean eating path, 1/2 banana and flax cereal, that sound good to me. Also, they running a little late, it's going to be bout an hour before she can drop my babies off YAY I mean YYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY

Now I can lay down I'm pooped and been rushed all day, only me to blame since I worked out for 10 hours :+ going to laid down until I hear knock knock on my door:7

Wowwwww, Traci, looks like so much fun. Wendell must be in heaven. Yep, you deserve that juicer today! :)

Cheryl

Wendell and his new Love! How precious! Do you have pictures of the two of you when y'all met? LOL:7 :7 :7

Imax2 is DONE!:) Chicken is in the oven cooking. Yep, I even made stuffing with a little help from youngest ds. Phil is wondering what happened to his wife!:7 :+

Debra: Oh, your farmer's market sounds lovely! Glad I stayed away from the fall harvest festival down the road. They usually sell a ton of homemade junk food. If I happen to warm up, I'll take the kids to one of the other local festivals or apple picking at Hopewell Furnance. Now, I've gotta deal with the pumpkins the girls brought home. Pumpkin roll sounds good!:9

Nicole: Homemade wheat bread always tastes good with oatmeal and a little honey in the mix. The oatmeal makes for a moist bread! Glad your dh liked it. Maybe you should drag him to a third world country when the boys are older. He'll never fuss about anything you cook then! }(

Gotta go put another load in the washer and baby Phil. Poor thing is a mess. His body isn't as young as it used to be!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all,

Traci - The boat looks really nice. Seems like more than a juicer would be in store for you!

Nicole - I struggled to teach the family to eat WW bread. I'm just slowly adding WW flour to baked goods.

Wendy - Great job on IMAX 2, now go eat!

Debra - Glad you bounced back after the visit from XDH. You go girl, and have fun!

Cheryl - Nice to see you back.

Off to fix something to eat or go put away clothes. I had an OMG the house is a wreck morning.

Tracy

Unbeknownst to my ds he is eating soy cheese. He thinks it is processed cheese but I won't tell:) I do hate him eating soy but a little can't hurt, right?

Cheryl, Wow, I wish I had the umph to add cardio:) Well, it is a recovery week for me:) Sounds like you are right on track!

Traci-X, Wendell looks so happy on his new boat! I guess that's the upside to letting them get what they want every once and a while;)

TracyX, I hide ww flour in a lot of the foods they eat and I do the same with pasta. Maybe one day I can convert them fully:)

WendyX, I would like to see his cholesterol numbers if he wasn't married to someone who cares about nutrition:) He is predisposed to high cholesterol and heart disease even though he is the same size as Phil. He always asks me to buy "regular" peanut butter and I inform him that no pesticide pellets laced with hydrogenated oil and high fructose corn syrup will make it past on my watch:D A woman's work is never done!

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi all...back after my workout...and some rock tumbling as well! A full day for all! I ended up doing SH chest and back..although I left out the plank portion...I always have a tough time with that after chest...so I will tack it on to my ab worout in the morning. I felt really good about the weights I was able to use with chest today. I felt very strong...I used 20 pound dumb bells for bench presses the whole way through...and then 15 pounds for flies...except for the last set of incline flies. I am sure I will be feeling it in the morning.

Okay...gotta run for now...

Kisses to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eion Finn

Hi all,

Nicole - I never thought of PB in this light, "pesticide pellets laced with hydrogenated oil and high fructose corn syrup." DH eats that daily. I guess I'd better let him know what he is consuming. I've tried other ways to get him to quit, maybe this will do it!

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.