Xers........Wide awake......TGIF

GS Legs(standing work only) + Core Max #3(60 min)

Off to workoiut and than to the grocery store! I feel like I spend all of my time there:p I'm not looking forward to the day when I have three teenage boys eating me out of house and home:D I was so glad to chat with you all last night. DH was out working so I had a little alone time. It was so much faster to post that way.

Traci-X, Glad the client went well! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with it:) You must just be chock-full of information on fitness! After just a week of delving into it, I am much more informed than before. I really dived into how your body preocesses food and it's something we all should know more about. Here's a tip you may already know, vegetables actually bind to fats and remove them from your system! They're like a little fat express! That's enough to make me eat them at every meal:D I'm actually feeling good doig this current rotation. I am challenged but not exhausted. Enjoy your weekend at the bay! Love the note to yourself:) Way to go on the deal at Wal-Mart!!

TracyX, Bummer, no sleep for the weary:( Change that darned protein out would you! In all of my reading for this presentation I read a lot about healthy fats. Did you know 60% of our brain is fat and 60% of your heart's energy is from burning fat? If we all eat cruddy, processed fats all day, that is what our brain and heart have to work with, scary!! I need to get some flax oil ASAP! I take Omega 6 & 3 supplements but according to my reading, my focus needs to be more on the Omega 3's because they are not found in processed food like Omega 6's are. OK, that's enough of a schpeel for me on healthy fats;) Have a good day at work.

SandraX, Have fun with KM! That one is a killer! I can say that now that you are already doing it:) Enjoy your free time now before DD returns to school. I have been trying to get up early in preperation but it stinksx( It's my fault because I stayed up late watching Shopgirl. It was agood movie and I was crying at the end. Not the best way to go to bed:p Now I have a little bit of a headache from the late night and crying:p

DebraX, Sounds like you are on quite a rollercoaster! That was nice of DH to send you flowers regardless of the timing. My DH never sends me flowers, but when he does I love it:) I guess it's a case of too little too late for you. Hey, if it ends up working out, there have been worse things happen in life. I can't imagine the lonliness from not having someone to be with you on a regular basis. If he had flown home ASAP and shown he wants you forever I bet it would have been better. Is his job that important? I guess:( He chose it over his family it seems:( I'm sorry for you Debra, I wish he would quit being a putz and act like a dedicated DH for you. Have a good facial?{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Yes, I'm still driving the boys 80 miles all told a day to school}(

SwiftyX, I'm feeling the burn with you but I'm not seeing it! In the form of pictures that is:) Enjoy your solo bike ride this evening:) How nice!!

JeanetteX, Glad you are taking a break from the strenuous cycling and getting back to the type you love:) The weather will start to cool down and you'll have some great days for cycling:D I am off to do GS Legs, wish me good luck! I hate standing work}(

LeaX, I keep meaning to look at SB since quite a few people have talked about it. It must be an interesting read:p Sounds like you are having the same weather I am! HOT, HOT, HOT!!! I have three boys and I just saw you have two! Isn't it great!:) Looks like Traci has quite a workout lined u for you today!LOL:)

LaurieXX, I am not looking forward to the days of girlfriends for my DS's! I am so picky and I can spot a bad girl a mile away:p For now I will enjoy them while they are young and listen to what I say:)

WendyX, LOL! Are you weighing yourself because you sweat so much last night? What am I saying, I would do the same thing:) I hope it was good news!

I'll catch up with the rest of you girls later,

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

WOWWWW, Traci, everything is going your way... happy client... testimonial e-mail... and great capris on sale at Walmart for you. What more could a girl ask???

Well, perhaps 2 dozen long stemmed red roses... Debra, I am laughing for you. Enjoy the roses, and don't stress. That's guys for you. Too little, too late.

Wendy, you are making me laugh with your weigh-ins. If you liked the first one, I'd take it - definitely wouldn't drink the bottle of water and weigh in again ;-)

TGIF! I did a 45 min. version of PUB - no abs - because I'm short on time.

Traci, forgot to answer - DH and I are doing GREAT. When his kids aren't here, particularly his daughters, life is good.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cheryl

That's strange. I must have hit reply to Traci instead of of Tracy's first post. Well, you can scroll up there for Wendy News. There's a weigh in article.:)

Now onto Personals!!!

Tracy-X: How are you feeling now? I hate it when I don't get enough sleep. Hopefully, you'll be able to sleep in tomorrow morning. Which protein powder do you normally use? I find it funny that you of all people would say there isn't enough hours in a day!! You, the person I'm always asking, "How many hours a day do you workout?!?!?!?!" LOL I double dog dare you to go to a live class. I think you'll enjoy it extremely!

Traci-X: I'm sure meeting Lea casts a brighter light in your family get together plans. I was going to ask you if you needed me to be on call during your visit. I could pretend to be Wendell's co-worker calling him to come back for an emergency at work. You know, like a gf would do for her friend on a blind date.}( Oh, your client would probably love some heated power yoga in her life! Why don't give her 100 degrees military push-ups?}( I think I read somewhere that most of the gym equipment causes a person to think they are stronger than they really are. Meaning, they can lift impressive numbers on the machines (not free weights), but can't do one unassisted pull-up, push-up on their toes, or step to the top of a weight bench using one leg. (Not that I can do half those things either!:7) I don't know how true that is though. I guess you can get a bad workout at the gym just as easily as you can get a good workout at home. Will you be advertising your services as present ideas? I can see it already! Get Fit with Santa Traci! Aren't you glad I'm not your PR rep!:7 Good workout plan! Stay off the IL! Your clients need you to be able to lug those weights to their house! Did you ever find a better transport solution? Oh! Last night's teacher is a retired ballet dancer. He kills me! I had thought about going to the owner's class. But, he teaches way to early for me to get there on time. Phil is only allowed to wash clothes that have been pre-sorted, towels, and his work clothes. He's seen me freak out one to many times over a sweater in the dryer to even attempt to make a judgement call. I will go to the DMV either today or tomorrow morning. I have to wait for a good hair day!:p ;)

Nicole-X: LOL on your Zen garden workout. We wish huh!:7 Surprisingly, the studio didn't smell bad! I think they mop and clean the room after each class. I even asked about their mats. They wash them before renting them. I went ahead and bought my own Harmony mat. I don't trust any used and washed mat after my first stinky feet experience!!! Enjoy GSLegs and Coremax today!!!! Will you be needing to travel to the Zen Garden afterwards?;-)

Sandra-X: Funny how living in the moment is affected by circumstances! If the instructor wanted me to learn anything last night, it was to be present, live in the moment. However, I didn't want to live in the moment! I was living for the end of the moment!!!!!:p :7 Is the green smoothie intended to be used as a meal? I'll have to check out your link! Maybe, I'll serve it at my next tea.:) I usually serve a combination of bad foods!!! They're all homemade though, even the bread!;-) Usually it's a variety of cookies, finger sized cucumber sandwiches on rye, tart sized brownies filled with white chocolate cream cheese and topped with a raspberry, sconces, yogurt cheese, various spreads, various teas, COFFEE for me, chocolate covered strawberries, and other finger foods.:9

Debra-X: Okay, I don't know what's going on in your marriage. But, your dh seems to be trying to win back your affections! Whatever did he do to push you away probably won't be easily bought back with roses. However, I bet they sure smell good and are a perfect compliment to your stately home! Take it easy on yourself today. TTOM can be a real pain at times. I often think TTOM is making up for a decade of me being pregnant or nursing.

Amy-X: Glad to see you're still pushing play! Now, you just stop rubbing it in!!!! Don't you know the reason I homeschool is so I have an excuse for not working out and cleaning!}( ;)

Jeanette-X: You are such a good granddaughter! I hope this time with your grandmother will bring unexpected blessings to you! Your strategy with the hill climb will probably pay off in the long run! Better to be a bit slower now and live to break your speed on future climbs. By next Spring, you'll be able to fine tune it for some awesome rides!!!

Lea-X: I did have a couple of fun times with DH!:+ He gave me a much needed back and arm rub too. It's nice that he's at work today. I can chat and get some work done around here! Oooo! Have fun with GSLegs. It's on Saturday's agenda. I previewed it last night. I had to keep reminding myself that it looks easier in bed than it really is!!!!:7 I'll feel your DOMS tommorow night!

Laurie-XX: LOLOLOL Put on your game face and push play! Just don't turn the heater on!:7 ;) The last weekend for the faire. It must be bittersweet. Whatever are you going to do with your freedom? I'm sure you have a ton of plans!

Traci-X AGAIN! OMW! That is the SWEETEST email!!!! LOL You did your job!!!!

Amy: How are you doing today? How's the nutrition shakes working?

Jenn: Wake Up!!!! Post an update!!!!

Carol: I wish I could workout before school! That would take away my posting time!;-) Will you be homeschooling on Monday? Not us!!!!

Annointed TG: Hope you catch up doing everything that NEEDS to be done and are able to get to some of your WANTS to be done list.

Well, ladies. I'm off to do some spelling and history. The girls are finished with their independent work.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hello again!

KickMax is done, and it really wasn't that bad. I don't love that blast, and will never come to love it, but some days it doesn't seem as tough as others. The combos were enjoyable today, and the LCDs were an exercise in patience more than strength. I've definitely seen improvement in those over these last few months.

In a little while I'm taking the kids to one of the river valley parks with my friend. I'll see how much chatting I can get in now, and maybe come back later for the rest.

LeaX - Oh, I didn't hate the book! Not at all! I went to the bookstore so DD could use a gift card given to her on her b-day in July, and while we were walking around, noticed the book. I'd never have given it a second glance if you hadn't told me about it. It's pretty obvious from the title that this isn't your typical nutrition book, and that's okay. When I read through I found that there wasn't anything in the book that I hadn't already read before; it was their attitude about it that was the hook for the book. I don't mind that. It helps to sustain my motivation when I keep hearing things like that. Rationally I know how terrible certain foods are, but it's not always easy to keep the motivation when they smell so good. It helped reaffirm my determination to keep animal sources out of my food. And I'm not so delicate that I can't take the occasional cuss word :+ So, thanks for the recommendation. I might pass the book onto a friend of mine. I think their approach might be something she'd connect with, and she keeps talking about how she knows she should be eating better, but she doesn't. I have so much more to say, but will parse it out over the next few days.

TraciX - what are the goals of your clients? Training for a specific event? Losing weight? Building muscle? Maybe when your time with her is up with the paying client, you can suggest P90X? Do you think she'd do that? No veggies/fruit at all yesterday? Yikes!! You're probably dehydrated. Drink drink!! The Happy Planet juices are sold in the US, but the website doesn't specify where. If you call their 800 number, you might be able to learn if they're sold in a store near you. It sounds like you made a wise decision to put off SH and P90X Chest. My long-weekend plans are looking a bit crazy: DH and the neighbours are building our fences, I'm babysitting the twins again on Saturday (7:30am - ???), we're supposed to go to a friends' house for dinner one day (which one??), and another friend has invited us over for a day (again, which one??). I also need to do some bread baking (and I want to try to make a Sebastopol pizza), and get DD ready for school on Tuesday morning. I haven't even thought about her lunches, and still need to buy her some white-soled inside shoes. Also next week we start swimming lessons for the kids on Tuesday evenings, and my cake decorating course, Level 2, starts on Thursday evenings. There are a couple of day programs I want to enroll DD#2 in, as well, but haven't got around to yet. So I should do that. And contact my supervisor about getting serious with my thesis (still haven't heard from him!!!!!!!!!). And the list could go on and on......Aren't you glad you asked? I'm also hovering about how to go next with my workouts: head into 3 more weeks heavy lifting, or switch things up again. I'll come back later and seek some opinions.

TracyX - Oh, another poor sleep. Yikes. A few in a row is really tough to handle. I hope you catch up over the weekend.

Oh jeepers, I'm out of time already!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have to shower and pack lunches. Have a great day/weekend! BBL!

SandraX

Nicole-X: My posts are playing hide-n-seek today! You'll have to venture back up to read after you finish going grocery shopping, working out, cleaning and cooking. I guess reading might not happen for you today!;-)

Looks like another inservice day if I don't peel my behind out of this chair!

Bye! I mean it this time!:p
Wendy

To All
In an effort to keep up with you all AND still have a couple of hours to workout I thought I’d hilite BELLY :+ LAUGHS that made Sandy & Lukie leave the room- They never understand why I laugh at an object on my desk. …. My ROFL moments today

Sandra’s idea of a relaxing holiday weekend… :+ :+

Sandra admitting she’s not so delicate!:+ :+ Why do we all get that impression?

Sandra using the word JEEPERS!:+ :+ - Jeepers Creepers Where you get those peepers!:+

Wendy weighing herself before drink/after drink/ and probably after every BM today!:+

Wendy: GS Legs easier lying in bed than real thing!:+

Wendy: "Put your game face on & push play- don’t JUST turn up the heater." :+ :+ BUSTED!

Wendy: Writing EVERY THOUGHT :+ that is in her head…. “That's strange. I must have hit reply to Traci instead of of Tracy's first post.”:+

Wendy: I double dog dare you- WISH you’d said JEEPERS! I double dog dare you! – :+

Wendy: Calling me in CA with an emergency!!!!!:+ (Lets plan it!)

Wendy: Get Fit With Santa Traci:+ (sounds nasty)

Wendy: EVERYTHING you share about your agreements w/ Phil:+

Wendy: "However, I didn't want to live in the moment! I was living for the end of the moment!!!!!”:+ :+ :+

Nicole: Your absolute JOY in sharing your new knowledge! I shall now call you the Fat Police!:+ Eat those Veggies Girls!:+

Cheryl saying testimonial email – after DH said too bad you cant use it because of the word bra- HUH?:+

Cheryl: Stop weighing yourself once you see a # you like! :+

Cheryl calling PUB – abs “a version” … Isnt that the FULL w/o & abs are add-ons?:+ :+

Lea: Your client (hopefully not the pig!) OMG! I NEVER CALLED HER A PIG! :+ :+

Lea: NOT laughing about taking away coffee paraphernalia!

Sandra side note dear…. Personally I’d change the pace up a bit until we get the new series… I bet they start shipping late next week. Just my opinion.

:+
Thanks to all for the mid morning belly laughs- I thinks that why I adore you all- we can laugh one minute, rant the next, cry a bit too- but theres ALWAYS a great laugh by the end of the day.
xxox

Happy FRIDAY Xers!!

So, my workout today was house chores, lol. I DID work at a cardio pace, though, trying to squeeze everything in!! Then I tackled school work with the kiddos, then we drove (a relatively obscene distance, I might add) to a new vet for a follow-up check for the bunny. He seems fine, the bloodwork cost twice as much $$ as the exam. I'm pit-stopping now and then it's off to the library and the grocery store. So, pretty much the usual ;-)

Traci-X -- Unfortunately, it IS workouts first to go around here. I'm not happy about that, but it's hard to find time when we have so many activities and such... Awesome Walmart find!! What a great deal!!!

Wendy -- Congrats on being down a pound! LOL about the water. I like the idea of an "in service" day, too ;-) Our "principal" is coming home early tonight, but luckily the kiddos are all done school work for the day :D Whereabouts in central PA are you headed? I have tons of in-laws in that area (Williamsport, Harrisburg, Lancaster, and all around). We will be doing school work on Monday, only b/c we'll be home then. We'll be doing seat work, but not our unit study as our friends are away that day.

SandraX -- I hear ya on procrastinating about those KM blasts. They're killer! I hope you had a great workout, though :D

Debra -- Sorry to hear the hag showed up and ruined your planned workout, but I'm glad you listened to your body and still got a workout in!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you have a great afternoon!!

Carol

FINALLY got the workout ripped out...
PLB Calves & Floor + Muscle Max minus abs.... Ok- I am officially fried - especially upper body.

Carol: Yet another busy busy day I see! Hope you get a little R&R this holiday weekend.

Because I am in a rebellious mood today Traci X, no workout for me since you decided to lay it on a little thick todayx( . I guess I will have to pay double tomorrow.

Lea

It's official! I have entire upper body DOMS! GSC&T is done! By tomorrow night, it'll be my entire body. (Nicole, I'll be cursing your name around midnight when I wake up with cramps!;-)) IMAX2 blast only premix will have to wait until I get up to State College. I need food first! And, I can't do blasts on a full tummy.

I'm packed. Phil will be joining me tomorrow night. He's getting a little overtime tomorrow. That means, I'll have to drive illegally tonight! I better wear a low cut shirt, do my hair and put on some make-up just in case.}( :7

Traci-X: You are so easily amused!:7 That's one of the reasons why I luv you so much! Nice price for the capris!!!:) How can you fit into Walmart clothes? Their clothes are too big for me. I know you are smaller than me, especially your thighs! I've seen your pictures! Okay, today's weight of 111 was only sweat loss. And, I only weighed myself again after eating an ice cream cone!:p :7 Sure enough, it was back to 112.:7

Carol: Cardio Chores has got to be my least favorite workout! We're headed to a little town, Spring Mills outside of State College in Happy Valley.:) I lived up in that area for 10 years before marrying Phil. We stay with a family friend who owns the property next to Penns Caves. Which reminds me... I have yet to take the girls there. I think I'll make their brothers take them to see it by boat! (You know the billboards!) Anyhow, I met Phil in Williamsport. He was there for his union's baseball tournament. First place went to the team who could play the best with a hangover!!!! Anyhow, you'll have to make a trip out to Lancaster when you study the Biblical Tabernacle in MOH. There's a replicated version across the street from Dutch Wonderland. And, if you don't have a ancient ironworks to visit, take a drive out to Hopewell Iron Furnace (next to French Creek State Park) when you study Jubal and Tubal Cain. They can earn a Jr. Ranger Badge while there. Am I putting more on your already full plate? }(

Lea-X: Joy! We have another rebel among us. You go girl! Don't workout with Cathe or Tony or Amy or anyone today, especially in a [font color=orange]heated[/font] [font color=red]room[/font]!!! I've got your back. But, if you threaten to take away my Dunkin Doughnuts coffee, thems will be fighten words!:p ;-)

Laurie-XX: Too bad your dd and her BF (best friend or boyfriend?) don't have study hall together. There would be detention for sure!:7 Best wishes to her for Xcountry meet!

Amy-X: How was the 20mi bike ride? How long did it take? I'll be thinking of you, Debra and Jeanette when I take my bike on the hilly back country roads this weekend. I plan on stopping in at the local bike shop for a helmet first! Congrats on the 5# jump on bis! My bis are weak! I think 12's were the heaviest I lifted for them. I'd have to look back and check. Maybe, I'm dreaming it was 12's when really it was 3#s. LOL

Nicole-X: My boys don't eat as much as other boys their age. I bet that's changed for eldest! My MIL tells me horror stories of dh and his brothers during their teenage years. My BIL grew so much in one year, she had to buy him new jeans every month! He grew somewhere from 9"-10" during the school year. It messed up his knees. I told her that she should have quit feeding him so much.:p ;) I'd love to read your report on food. Email me a copy if you don't end up posting it here.

Debra-X: Who makes iron yoga? Let us know if it's worthy of Eoin and Shiva.

Jeanette-X: Thanks for reminding me that it's standing only!:) :) I guess that's not a :) for you since you prefer floorwork. Good for you with doing Nicole's rotation without changing it for your own preference.

Sandra-X: KM is yet another dvd I don't own. I'll take your word for it and say GOOD JOB!:7 You have a very busy weekend! I'll be thinking of you while I relax by the pool sipping my coffee!;-)

Well ladies, I've got a long night ahead of me. I won't arrive till midnight. I prefer driving while the kiddos sleep. Less bathroom breaks and food pit stops. Don't worry, those blasts will get done. I can never go to sleep after driving 2.5 to 3 hours.

Have a great labor day weekend!!!!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Traci, Wendy, you are BOTH making me laugh :+ :+ :+

Thanks for the entertainment :)

Traci, sure she can say "bra" - especially if you put multiple quotes and it's not the one on the homepage... there's my vote ;-)
Or you can take my route and edit her quote any way you like, then just run it past her and say "Can I use this, and does this sound alright?" ;-) ;-) ;-) Works every time.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Drive carefully Wendy and everyone else on the road!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.