Xers- ~ "We're Thrilled its Thursday!"

RE: Xers- ~

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 6/ Day 3/ Round 1

YogaX

This morning was the first time I sweat doing YogaX. I didn't sweat a ton but it was nice for a change. I actually thought it would get more boring after time went by but I like it better now because I'm seeing improvements in Crane and my warrior poses.
My poor son woke up this morning with a headache. He has an "appliance" to fix his overbite. It makes his jaw sore and it's hard to eat because he has to wear it all the time except when he brushes. At least it's not visible from the outside but it takes up just about all of the room inside his mouth. I'm glad he is doing it now at 8 and not when he's a teenager. He doesn't really care about what it looks like right now and nobody at school gives him a hard time about it.

Traci-X, Glad to know I have boredom coming up with ARX:) You know I just keep the remote next to me and skip past the jabbering. It makes it fly by faster and so does the fact that I can actually do it all now. Your new pictures are GREAT! You look fabuloues:) You have such small legs and waist, oh and arms! Way to go! I hope to be your size in a month and a half:)

Laurie, You'll have to start a Picture Trail so we can see the fancy red hair! I am a manicurist so I get to shop at the professional only supply. It is so much cheaper than the salon. Thank goodness because I could never afford it but my hair feels so much better when I use it. Thanks for the heads up and the link for Tony. The blog is very encouraging! I received an e-mail this morning about the P90X Masters Series. Is it new or old?

SandraX, O.k, o.k., the only reason I subbed IMAX2 for PlyoX is because I have a prolapsed bladder and I thought I would give it a break for a week or two. I didn't think it would be a big change but after a month of PlyoX I noticed big improvements in my stamina doing Cathe. Thanks for reeling me back in;) Yes my boys and my DH have Monday off, sooo nice! The dinosaur museum sounds like great fun. We are going to a dinosaur museum in Utah on our way to Yellowstone. The boys are really excited. Maybe God wanted your dad to find the cancer so a little pain in the kidney relayed the message. I pray that one won't be a problem too. It won't be the same not hearing Ivan Basso's name this year.

Debra, Glad your on the mend and braving cardio today:)

Jeanette, I hope you have a great time at the family BBQ. Ribs, yummy:9 At least you'll have one day to recoup from it before the big triathalon. You have a wonderful weekend and I'll be anxious to hear how you did on Monday!

Wendy, What a tough thing to go through. I'll keep you all in my prayers. It's tough to see a husband deal with these things because they feel the need to be the strong one so when they're not it's a struggle. My grandpa died from Alzheimer's disease and it was sad to see because he forgot who all of the people he loved were and got violent for a stage. He was so smart and gentle before that so I know it was tough on him and my grandma.
On a lighter note, I absolutely LOVE thai food:9 I'm sure the Americanized version but it's great! My favorites are Panang curry, Tom Kha Gai and Tom Yum soup. I love plain sticky rice, which I have to ask for special because it's usually only served for the dessert here. Now I won't kid you I adore sweet sticky rice with mango, but Idon't think I would add black beans in there:)

Mary, Where are you today? How's the X going?

Lily & Cheryl, You both are too funny with all of the subbing. My husband said if I was going to pay $150 for a workout program, I had to do it right:) I'm OCD about stuff like this so I'm going textbook with it. I had to do IMAX 2 for PlyoX the other day to give my bladder a rest but I noticed huge improvements from before because of Plyo X. Give it a try, it's worth it:)

Make it a GREAT day!!!!!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

This is from Tonys Written Blog- Thought we were all at the point where this could help!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Cheat, Slow Down & Take Breaks
I've discovered over the years that one of the main reasons why people can't stay fit and healthy is because they put so much pressure on themselves to see constant improvement in their performance and appearance. They also become discouraged when things like strength, energy, range of motion and endurance waver from workout to workout. For some reason many of us think that with every workout we're supposed to get stronger, leaner and better. The truth is, no one can continuously maintain or sustain an ever improving level of energy and enthusiasm for every workout. It's impossible. There are dozens of factors that effect how we're able to accomplish things. Sleep, stress, diet, weather, illness, injuries, biorhythms and more, all play a part in your day to day successes, disappointments, accomplishments and setbacks.

My 5th Law of Health and Fitness is Reality. If reality dictates that you're wiped out after a long day, and at the end of that long day you have a PlyoX workout to do, then let reality play a roll in how you will do that workout. Some choose to skip the workout altogether because they feel (prior to starting) that their performance will be substandard based on past performances. Others might 'get through it" but beat themselves up afterward because they weren't as strong or capable as in past workouts. If this kind of mental gymnastics is happening with you, then understand that comparing your present situation with past ones will make you crazy. This kind of thinking is a leading cause for why people can't get or stay fit and healthy.

Life is filled with ups and downs, and these ups and downs will inevitably affect the quality of our workouts. When I ask you to do your best and forget the rest, I'm asking you to see if you can show up and be okay with how you're doing right now, not last time. The place and head space you're in right now is all you have. Why would you want to ruin it by comparing it to something else? If a particular workout seems daunting prior to starting it, then I say, it's okay to "get through it" anyway you can. This includes using that pause button on your remote often if necessary. It's also okay to skip parts of a workout. Run-in-place or stretch during Bow to Boat or Plyo Push-ups if your too tired or not in the mood. I'm here to tell you that it's perfectly okay to cheat like hell, take breaks and skip some moves if that's what you need to do to get through a workout. I do.

Any workout (no matter how altered it is) is always better than no workout at all. When you shift your mind set to doing something (even when you don't want to) you'll be less likely to completely fall off the fitness wagon. Don't let your ego fight what's happening to you right now. Gracefully accept the conditions that present themselves as opposed to fighting the reality of your situation. I've mentioned the fight or flow scenario before and it applies here as well. Go-with-the-flow based only on who you are right now, and stop fighting the truth of now because you so desperately need to keep up with your past. If you can do this and accept this, then you'll know how to stay fit and healthy for the rest of your life.
posted by Tony Horton @ 12:58 PM

Xers I need your help. I need to lose 4lbs and below is an example of what I will eat today. I haven’t had M3 yet but working on it now. any suggestions on how I can do this?

M1: 2 slice of whole wheat lite bread w/3 egg whites tbsp of jelly
M2: 1 c flax cereal w/8 oz’s of ff soy milk
M3: Spinach Salad w/1/4 c cottage cheese, red peppers, crouton and raspberry pecan ff dressing w
M4: grilled salmon & fried cabbage w corn
M5: 1 vegetable pancake w/2 slices of baked eggplant

Teddygirl~

Hi there you lovely ladies...I can tell that Traci is done with her exam since she has been online so much today! I ended up struggling through CW step premix...and then I did SH chest..and I really felt the strength gains with that today. I went as heavy as Cathe and even heavier on parts. I have never been able to match her with chest work before.

Have to share this story with you guys...so I was at Target the other day and was looking at the sweatpants (since I guess I don't already have enough!) and I was looking at the small and the medium trying to decide which I needed....the small looked too small, but the medium was too big...so I ended up with the small since I figured they would stretch some as I wore them....So I wore them yesterday...and they were really too big..I could have gone with the xsmall...So my question is why do I not know what size I wear? I lost about 40 pounds after DD was born...I had gained weight before I got pregnant with her and then really had a tough time with losing weight after she was born...so about four and a half years ago I made the decision to start exercising and watching what I ate...lost 40+ pounds and have kept it off for over 2 years...so why can't I see myself as the smaller person I have become. My neighbor made a comment the other day about how "skinny" I was....I never think of myself as small....I am always amazed when I fold my own jeans and they look so small to me. Just looking for some insight from you ladies about this issue. I know I am not alone, but I do wish I saw myself the way others seem to see me.

Okay...next post is dedicated to personals..

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hi there ladies!! Just thought I would crawl out of my hole to get some sunlight and see how all of you wonderful gals are doing!!! You all sound terrific from what I have skimmed.

I am glad that most of you have gotten your shirts yay!!!

Thank you for posting the blog Laurie, that is awesome. And miss Traci!!!! What great pics. You are in such great shape. Seeing you makes me want to work out now.

Hi to Sandra, Jeanette, Tracy, Debra and all of the new gals that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. I hope everyone is having a fabulous day! Take care.

Lea

Okay....time for personals..

Lily...Hope you enjoyed L&B...I always liked that one...I keep threatening to drag it out now that I am not doing an X rotation..LOL!

Laurie....The only CC I have is Sean's #6...but I really like that one a lot! I will have to read Tony's spot after I get done with personals. Thanks for the link!

Sandra...Got a kick out of picturing you with an apple attached to your buttocks! Glad the nits seem to be making an exit. There is no explainable reason for the calcium in DD's urine. Some kids just have it...and hopefully she will grow out of it. It is pretty contained with her medication. Yes, a lithotripsy is a laser that the aim at the stone to break it up...but then of course you have to pass the pieces...not a fun process. Hope you had fun with MM today....I always liked that one. Memorial Day is the last Monday of the month. Hope you guys enjoy your holiday.

Amy...You poor dear...I hate waking up hot! It is the worst! Hope the Dr visit went well.

Teddygirl...I didn't see your x explanation post until later! LOL

Jeanette...You bbq plans sound heavenly. I love ribs...So does DD...she always orders them when we are out. I'm thinking we should hop on a plane and join you guys. Have fun at your bike club meeting tonight. I will certainly be interested to hear how your wine turns out.

Wendy...So sorry your family is having to go through FIL's cancer. My father died over 2 years ago from complications due to Alzheimer's and DH's father died 3 weeks after mine from lung cancer. DH has not been the same since. He doesn't talk about it much, but he has a lot of regrets, which is a shame. You just have to make the most of the time you have left...and do what you think is best for your loved ones.

Traci...Congrats on finishing up your project..WooHoo! I think a glass of wine is definitely in order! Your pics look great! Your arms have gotten very defined. Thanks for the post from Tony H. I really liked what he had to say...I am going to print it out so that I can keep it with my workout stuff. LOL about my diva...I guess her changing clothes worked...because her little boy friend planted a big ole kiss on her cheek when she was leaving school today.

Tracy...Sorry you are having to work today! LOL I agree with you about the X...You have to do it with as few subs as possible to get the results you are looking for. Hope your glute is loosening up a bit. Have a good walk...and a productive leg workout.

Nicole...So sorry your DS was in pain. It's good he's getting some of that dental work out of the way now. I had braces from grade 6-10. Not fun! MY DD lost a tooth over the weekend and now the one that is beside the newly created hole is leaning that way...She looks like Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies! It's about to come out too...and I hope it does fast since she is starting to look a little crazy! Glad you enjoyed YogaX today.

Hi's to Cheryl, Mary, Katie and Swifty!

Later Gators!

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Hey Lea!!! Glad to see you out in the light of day! I thought of you last night while I was watching LOST...I almost emailed you, but I wasn't sure what time it comes on for you guys, and I didn't want to spoil it for you! I LOVE that show!

Hope you are well...We miss you!

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Debra, I too have a hard time thinking of myself as "thin". I remember when I was heavy, I would look at people the same size I am now, and wish I could look like them. Now I'm that size and I still feel big. I do the same thing when I go clothes shopping, I always pick up a 6 and an 8 just in case and end up with a 4. It's pretty silly. Maybe one day I'll get used to it:)

Nicole

-Earl of Derby-

Hi all,

I ended up doing B&G overall legs because I hadn't done that one before. The floorwork was painful, both mentally and physically. I know that I should do floorwork because my floorwork needs some work. I'm going to try to incorporate some in every week. No inner thigh stuff though. Mine are so tight and that is one thing that can contribute to piriformis syndrome which I think that I'm flirting with. Then I did Tone. My flexibility is increasing so much it is just amazing me. The thing about yoga is that there is always room for improvement in a pose.

I read almost everything, but don't have time for too many personals.

Traci - Congratulations! What will we put after your name once you are a graduate?

Debra- I still see myself as 'not thin' in a mirror and I have to remind myself that it is just a poor mental image that I may never overcome.

Lea - Glad you dropped by. Too bad we can't get a group photo with us all in our shirts.

Sandra - I think that you will love the new Shiva, but it does take some time to get used to and learn. It is amazing how different the poses feel when you move. There is a free form part at the beginning of the hips sequence that is a little out there, but it feels good. I may have to get out my yoga Trance Dance. As long as no one is watching who cares?

My sincere sorrow for everyone who is dealing with a sick parent. My FIL has been very sick/life/death sick for over a year now and it is so difficult. It's so much worse when they are young or still mentally intact.

I have to go finish my pizza. None for me because I don't need any abdominal bloat. I'm having my favorite salad of hardboiled egg, avacodo, onion, and poppy seed dressing.Oh and maybe a little shrimp if I can get my self in gear.

Tracy

YAK! YAK! YAK! YAK! YAK! YAK!!!
So, this is what y'all do when I'm not around!!! Missed my epic posts so much that you have to go on a posting frenzy?

Just got home a little bit ago. Took the girls to the new McDonalds for breakfast. They have free video games, video dance games, and basketball shoot hoops in their playground area. Pretty cool! Yes, this is to distract you from having to reveal my breakfast selection... Sausage/Egg/Cheese/Biscuit with a small orange juice.

Did a little shopping, took the girls to the park, had lunch at Friendlys, and did some more shopping at a huge mall. Can you believe that I didn't buy anything for me? What is this world coming to? I almost bought myself a cute, rainbow colored, tie dye Coach purse. It was hard! But, I held myself back. No, this is not meant to distract you from my lunch selection... half of a huge plate of Caesar Chicken Salad with a couple of tablespoons of dressing and no croutons with a glass of water. I did eat most of my chicken though. ;-)

WHAT am I going to do when Tony releases his new workouts???? Are they going to be offered on Beachbody or somewhere else? HELP ME!!! I HATE ordering through BB!!!!

Now onto Today's Personals!!!

Traci-X: More about Jackie... I can see what you mean about it being an insecurity issue. It's probably also an issue of her being horny too! }( I plan on gushing over your AFPA photos as soon as I post! :) Thanks for sharing the Tony blog article. I read it and listened to his workout announcement the other day. I lurk on VF. Don't have time to post there and here too! I thought y'all already knew of it. YIPPEE! Dropping off the AFPA paperwork!!! Yes! We can now have you back to sweat waiting for the results of your hard work! ;-) I'm sure you did AWESOME!!! :)

Lily: I can't believe you snubbed YogaX already! Shhhh... I at least waited until Phase 2. :p Last season of the Sopranos was so bad, I stopped watching it. Maybe, I'll see if I can catch it on OnDemand. Love to hear your Dreya thoughts tonight or tomorrow. She's a fan FAVORITE here! ;-) My first week of the X wasn't as hard as the 2nd week. The first week is when you get your bearing and feel of how heavy you can go. The second and third weeks, you should be able to really bring it on!!!!

Laurie-X: I hope you weren't offended by my red-headed step-child comment to Sandra the other day seeing how you're a red head now. Can't you call the salon and ask the stylist which shampoo she used? I'm sure she'd tell you if she remembers. OH MY! Shear Genius has the BEST challenges!!! I about died when T&T had to work together! Stuff like this what reality tv is ALL about. ;-) Too bad it sent them both packing. The T&T drama leaving was just as bad as the hormonal, vowel-impaired, crazy garden tool clad Evangeline leaving. Those people were Reality TV Gold!!! Now, it's up to tattoo' d Ninja and Dr.Boogie to create enough drama for me to enjoy. I'm not holding my breath. Are you doing the faire this weekend? If so, enjoy! Oh! Did you see the different era hair-dos on SG? Thought of you when I saw it! How do you do your hair for faires?

Sandra-X: B&G is that good? I bought it for Phil and me to use post-X. Now, when you were doing the X, did you notice your tush drop? I have! And, I'm pissed! Tony has some answering to do!!! A month prior to the X, I was joyfully lifting the rear to new heights with Barre workouts. Let us know your father's scan results! Hopefully, they'll be able to give him some good news on his kidney stones too.

Teddygirl: Oooo child, you've got yourself a babydoll! Hmmm, I've been told I wake up looking fine by my gfs, but that was when I was in my 20's! From the morning I woke up with Phil, I still thinks he wakes up fine cuz I love stubbly facial hair on him. :) I'll put the freestyle rotation on my list of possible post-x rotations. How's that Traci? ;-) Um, why do you need to lose 4 pounds fast? Clear heels to narrow? ;-)

Amy: What are you doing in the yard for two hours? I thought your MIL got you a couple of months of free landscaping? Are you still planting plants and flowers? Hope your knees check out well today! Keep us informed. Kenpo can wait. Tony even says so!

Jeanette-X: What do y'all do at these bike club meetings? Plan out new routes, figure out meet times, think of fundraising ideas, talk about people who can't ride a bike to save their lives? ;-) It sounds so board room boring like. I guess it's because of my mother of twins club board meetings I used to have to attend. Agreeing to be president, then VP and finally recording sec made them sort of mandatory. I finally asked myself WTH am I doing here when I could be at home laying on the couch! I knew I had to STOP volunteering right then and there! I'm sure your meetings are more fun!

Cheryl: I can't say if subbing works or doesn't. I was QUICKLY convinced to not sub at least until Phase 2. It wasn't so much an issue with me since I didn't have a huge Cathe collection staring at me. I did miss my Barre workouts. However, the X just took too much energy out of me to miss them enough to do. But, everyone here had a point. How will you know if the X is working for you unless you do it for at least 4 weeks. Even Cathe says that about her rotations. Just a thought. :) I will have to think of some threat I can follow through on for Traci, Tracy, Lea, Sandra, and Debra if you get kick butt results from your subbing! Maybe, I'll FedEx them each an entire cheesecake as payback! }(

Sarge Sandra-X! Is this post Xly enough for you? I already see the posting mayhem that happens when I don't X it up for y'all!!! And, who do YOU think YOU are to be the BOSS of my posts when you've got your hands full with all these Xers subbing ALL OVER THE PLACE! Drop the lice eggs and get to WORK! You're starting to get all Jackie on us. Pretty soon we'll have better looking X grads subbing Cathe for Tony all the time!!! You know what this means! You don't want a FedEx man appearing on your doorstep with a package from me!!! ;-)

Tracy-X: YOU GO GIRL! Tell em! Tell em ALL the NO-SUB Mantra! *Does anyone detect a little hostility here? LOL* You just stop it with the glute tightness! Do you know what that does to me? Every time I get a slight DOM effect in the tush, my wild imagination gets the best of me. I keep thinking is this what got Tracy on the IL? Then I get a panic attack thinking I'll have to do yoga everyday!!! It's downright scary!!! BTW, I'm patiently waiting for my Shiva matrix flow. ;-) No rush. Anytime before I actually get on the IL will suffice. ;-)

Nicole: Share the love, can you purchase hair coloring too? It sells for ~ $6.00 a tube and my salon charges me over $100 to color my gray! OUTRAGEOUS! I think you have to have a license to buy Renbow Colorissimo hair color though. Gosh, I hope oldest goes for a hairdresser license!!! I need connections! While I'm begging... How do you do french manicures? Do you paint on the white tips, clean them up with a paintbrush soaked in nail polish remover and then cover the base with a sheer polish? That's my game plan. Is it a good one? Hope your son's headache went away! Waves has a slight fever right now. I'm now wondering if it's tooth related. She's in the process of losing one of her molars. Where does one get their hands on the P90X Master Series???

For those who think black beans sound gross with sticky rice cooked in coconut milk, it isn't! The beans give the dessert extra starch if that's even possible! Here's a link to the recipe:
http://importfood.com/recipes/khaotommad.html

What's that I hear? Sabotage? Enabler? Shush your mouths kittens! I didn't say to make this for your own consumption. Just saying is all. ;-) FWIW, there are tons of authentic Thai recipes with accompanying pictures on the site listed above. They even ship Thai food ingredients if you can't locate them where you live.

Debra-X: I have the opposite problem. I still think of myself skinny, and am absolutely crushed when my fat a$$ can't fit into a cute pair of overpriced Guess jeans. I think I'd rather view myself as fatter than skinnier. It has a happier ending. My father died unexpectedly a few years ago, so we are so thankful to have this time to share with his father and say our goodbyes. I doubt Phil will have any regrets. He's close to his parents. There isn't any animosity. Just lots of laughs, alcohol, gambling and fishing going on when we visit. ;-)

Lea-X: Glad you could stop by and say Hi! I'm still the same as when you left...sipping my DDcoffee as I type. ;-)

I think that catches me up for the day! Y'all are one tough crowd to please! ;-) Time for me to checkout Traci's picturetrail and then push play.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!

Wendy

While I'm thinking of it...

Cheryl,

I believe that in the P90X Black Bible, Tony talks about maintaining. One of his suggestions is to do the first set of a workout. So, I'm thinking that if the first set is where the maintance is at, wouldn't you want to do the second set to really get into those muscle fibers for optimum strength and growth? Just a thought. ;-)

Wendy

OMW! TRACI-X! You look HOT! :) :) :) :) Gasp! I can't get over your legs! HOT HOT HOT! You are so much skinnier than me! Oh My! I'd be wearing a bikini EVERYWHERE if my legs looked like yours! :7 The X is really working for you! Now, I'm shamed! There's no time to crash diet before my 60 day pics.

OH! And WTH! There's a password on your progress pics! Okay, excuse me while I take a deep breath ........................................................................................ I think .................. excuse me again................................ May I please have the password emailed to me? Thank you very much. ;-)

Wendy

Wendy- WTH do you THINK the password is??????????

TonysGal;-)

:7 :p :7 :p :7 :p :7 :p

GAWD- I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE YOU TOO! Thank you thank you for the legs 8hot comments......... Good Lord if I'm this hot perhaps I should actually go somewhere and strut once in awhile! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze I was thinking I looked old and washed up and chubby (I so dispise that word) .... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm DH is golfing til after dark.... I have 2 hours to go flex for some young boys!

Gotta run!!!:+ :+ :+ }( }( }(

Wendy, They just stopped selling the hair color to manicurists. I was bummed because I used to grab it for my sister. As far as the french manicure goes, a steady hand is all I use. I don't clean up because I'm that good:)LOL!!! I put on sheer pink first and then the white tip. After that I put the top coat on.
Beach Body sent me the e-mail about the Masters Series, so that means you'll have to deal with them}( Thanks for the great link! Thai food, here I come.

Nicole

-Earl of Derby-

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.