Xer's..........Thursday, Thru and Thru......

Hi there ladies! It looks like you all have been a busy bunch. I just broke for lunch, so I thought I would drop in. I am hoping to do personals some time in the near future, but unfortunately today is not one of those times.

I did Slow and Heavy bi's and tri's today with the ab section. I was gearing up to do BM2, but just couldn't do 90 minutes. Maybe this weekend. Who knows.

Have a great day everyone. Time to finish cleaning this house that I haven't cleaned in a long, long, time. EWWWWW!!!!! Talk to you soon.

Lea

Hi all,

I skimmed everyone's posts while I'm waiting for class to start. I'm going to get certified as an Applied Behavior Analyst. I love working with behaviors and have wanted to do this for some time. It's only 15 credits and then an internship.

Traci - I found your injury so ironic because it was your words day before yesterday that made me take a step back and not run yesterday, then you get on the IL list! I was actually going to thank you for the advice.

Your post caught my eye about feeling sorry for yourself. You are mentally tough, you're not Traci, but TraciX! I guess what helped me most was focusing on what I could do and learning from my mistake. Like I said earlier, take this opportunity to really concentrate on your lower body. Try something that you wouldn't normally do. You have plenty of time. Also, I made the most progress with my upper body that I had ever made. Believe me, I really didn't work lower for about 2 months, and still was able to get back to better than pre- injury form in a short time. I also learned a lot about injuries, which I hopefully will never have to apply to myself again.

Also, I read this wonderful book called, "Healing the Back Pain, the Mind Body Connection." I didn't believe everything he said, but his main point was loud and clear. Perspectives limit peoples' ability to recover from injuries. So, I refused to think that there would be any activity that I wouldn't be able to do, once my back healed. I hope my injury was much more severe than yours, but the concept is still the same.

Chin up, give the injury plenty of time to heal, make a plan for your recovery, and create that lower body rotation!

Well, I've been ignoring the discussion for 15-20 minutes, I guess I'd better look a little more attentive.

I'll catch up with everyone else in the morning, if my internet is working.

Tracy

Sorry I haven't been around today...but it's been one of those days! I was supposed to have my initial consultation with an attorney...she didn't make it in time....then my dvd player broke...then had to take DD to gymnastics and meet my mom for dinner...Also just feeling kind of puny today...Now, I have DD in the shower after finishing her homework....and then I have to get her to bed. I also have a friend coming to visit in the morning, so I kind of feel like I should vacuum, but I am thinking I will have time to do that before she gets here in the morning! I did get in SH bis and tris with abs today....I guess Lea and I were doing it at the same time! I was going to add on the floorwork from BG, but had to go to the attorney's office who didn't show. GGGRRR!!! And with my friend coming in the morning, that seriously cuts into my workout time since I have to pick up DD from school early tomorrow. But I don't want to make tomorrow a rest day because I am going to see the Panther's play football on Sunday, so that is going to be my rest day this week. Well, I am sure you guys are tired of listening to me b*^#h, so I'll move on to a few quick personals....

Traci....You poor thing!!!! It's just not right to get on the IL on your recovery week! Please take care of yourself and that shoulder.

Tracy...Hope you are having fun at your certification tonight. Glad at least you are not on the IL!

Amy...Sorry you were up so early this morning. I just love Moe's! Hope DH is ok...why the echocardiogram??

Sandra...Waving as you fly by!

Jeanette...Glad your shin seems to be healing. It's good you have been taking it a little easy on it. You want to be healthy for your rides! I am sure DH will get into the new grove at work very soon. And yes, it is mostly the bathroom issue that stops me from camping. That, and the bugs. And the snakes. And the other critters.

Laurie...Congratulations on the newest addition to your family. I am sure she will fit in in no time. Good for you for scaring the pants off that nasty little boy!

Lea...We were workout twins today.

Teddygirl...Sorry your planets seemed to be off kilter today.

Carol...Nice to see you checking in on such a busy day.

Nicole...So glad to know your nephew is doing okay.

Cheryl...Good you are feeling so perky after your wrap!

Swifty...Glad you enjoyed your ride today...Core Syn is always a toughie...I always hated watching Dreya roll around like it was so easy!

Okay...I am going to take my bad mood and watch tv for a while since I can't watch my dvds that I have from Netflix. GRRR!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Oh Debra, it seems you're having one of those days:( At least you'll have fun time with your friend tomorrow:) Don't beat yourself up too hard if you don't get a long workout in tomorrow. Just get in there and finish hard and fast:D

LeaX, Have fun cleaning! Love the quote on your post:)

TracyX, So cool that you are going to further your education! It will be nice for you to have that I'm sure:)

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Good Evening Ladies,

Just got home about 30 minutes ago. I wasn't able to go to the power yoga class with Jenn. I did find a yoga studio in the Iyengar tradition (???) located right outside of State College. Their website is www.centerforwellbeing.net It's owned by master yogi Dean Learner. Never heard of him. Apparently, he has a following kinda like the Grateful Dead. Yogis will travel all over the states to attend his workshops.

I took the Level 1 class this evening. I prefer power yoga. The class moved very, very slow. I don't think I even glistened. It focused more on restorative yoga. The instructor was good with form pointers. The poses reminded me of Shiva. Not so much the flow, but the forms/postures. It was a good experience. I can use all the form pointers I can get!!!

I'm really interested in the David Swenson weekend workshop at Breathe. However, it starts the day after eldest's ds' graduation. If I fly to Missori instead of driving, I might be able to make it for the workshop. Decisions. Decisions.

Got all my passport paper work. I have to make an appointment in the morning to apply. What's one more day! I'll expedite it for an extra $60.

Traci: Take it easy. Take a rest from upper body till you feel better. HUGS!!!!

Nicole: Thanks for the Grady update. Keep us updated on his progress.

Amy: Hope you enjoyed food today!;-)

Carol: I'll let you know if we can make it next Friday. I have a meeting to go to that evening.

Swifty Amy-X: How's your neti pot working for you?

The rest of personals will have to wait till tomorrow. I miss my dh!!!

Sweet Dreams to ALL!!!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.