Xer's ~THICK (ick) THursday~

Back to bi%#h for a minute....First of all my massage person moved away from the area and the person I had today was not nearly as good as my last therapist...sigh...

Also...Where the heck is the darn UPS guy??? Is he still taking his lunch break...Doesn't he know I want my Cathe and I want it now????!!!???

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eoin Finn

Round2/Phase2/Week6/Day7/Rest (subbed Imax3) Hello !

Guess this rest/recovery week was too long.;-) I love Imax3- this is the first time I chose to mix the Intervals/blasts up. I started with 6, then 1, then 7, then 2, etc. It was very doable, but I was crying for my mommy during 10 and 5. PlyoX has definitely built up my plyo muscles.:7 I'm cringing at the upcoming 4 weeks of Tony torture.x( I hope I can continue.

Yesterday I took my first 40 min. bike ride since the groundhog incident. There was a squirrel spotting- it ran into the woods . }( The scar on my knee is healed nicely. The bruise and bump on hip is painful still.

Nicole++++ sending you healing vibes and a gentle reminder to be kind to yourself. Listen to your body and rest assured you are a beautiful woman and very lucky to have a loving hubby and healthy children. :)

Wendy++++++ do you want the oatmeal breakfast cooky recipe? Here goes-
1/3 c canola oil
1/3 c brown sugar
2 T sugar
3 T water
1 egg white
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 c unbeached flour
1/3 c ww flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 c old fashion oats
1/2 c raisins

Large bowl mix first 6 ingredients. Combine flours, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well.
Stir in oats and raisins.

Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray. (I use parchment lined sheets) Flatten slightly with back of spoon.

Bake 350 for 10-12 min or until golden brown. Cool 1 min. before removing to wire racks. 15 cookies.

Baking up a batch right now. Love em- Take care of yourself there girly! :+

Netta++++++ Into the Wild is about a 22 yr old man from an affluent family on the east coast - Chris McCandless. Following college graduation he gives his $24,000 savings away and hits the road to Alaska and experience the wilds. Once he gets to AK he finds an old bus to live in and keeps a journal of his experiences. Four months later his body is found decomposed by moose hunters. It's a true story. The viewer/ reader must decide whether he should be admired for his courage and nobel ideas or as a reckless idiot who perished out of stupidity.

So- can you leave home for long during winter months, or do you have someone keep the home fires burning? The trees are changing into brilliant colors. There is a sugar maple outside my patio door that is entrancing!:eek: The kind of wood you've been looking at (split and ready to stack) just isn't the same. You are such a great gal for stacking that wood! Your DH is a super lucky man. Tell him I said so. Sure saves on energy bills.:p Hope aunt flo is good to you this month. I'm missing AF this month.x( Going to the doc at the end of Oct. to discuss this issue.

}( }( }( Can't wait to hear what all you think of the new workouts! Keep me posted! Hi to everyone!!

I'm off to do more chores, check the cookies and asparagus soup.x( Bye for now!

Nicole: I *plan* to order Cathe’s new workouts next monthx( I’m waiting too hear everyone’s review. It is good to take breaks every now and than, true that. I hope the doctor correct this problem so you can do what you enjoy doing:) I have a doctor’s appt Oct 29th doctor’s ARGH………as Cathe says; were going too make it! Take care get plenty of rest you’ll be back to yourself soon.

Debra: Congratulations:9 :D :7 I knew you would, Nice job! When are you coming to Cleveland, OH?

Well here's the updated Picture Trail with wedding pictures:)

http://www.picturetrail.com/cole7626

Teddygirl, Thanks for the well wishes! I'll let you know what I think of the DVD's:D

Swifty, I started to giggle the second I read you saw a squirrel. I thought for sure I'd read another collision story:p Glad to hear you're healing up ok!

Debra, God Debra, Go Debra! Do tell all when you're done. I have to wait until Tuesdayx(

My doctor gave me an anti-inflammatory prescription and told me to take them for two weeks and do only the stationary bike or swim, neither of which I have access to:( I'll figure it out.

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

I had just given up on the UPS man and was getting ready to start my workout with my old Cathe's when....He arrived!!!!! I am running upstairs now to preview and then attempt to do a cardio plus shoulder workout!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yipeeeee!!!! My luck must be changing!

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eion Finn

My client just left and I am going to do Kickbox Bootcamp + Legs/Core tonight! Zippity I'm excited!

Nicole.... Be careful of those drugs...Mine was Lotrin- remember I sank into deep depression within 72 hours... Just be aware that it can happen and put DH on alert as well as keeping us posted on your emotional state... we'll call out the calvary if we have too!

Watched all but the Bootcamp portion.

1st impressions: The kickbox portion kicks butt non-stop!!!!! I don't ever recall seeing Cathe's energy so pumped. Not having done the workout yet, just watching and listening to her makes me think I'll love it! She packs a punch in all the 30 minute cardio workouts! I love that the lower intensity step looks more like a quickie steady state.

I'm not big fan on using a cardio and weights workout to sub for P90X. I'll probably have to double up on the bootcamp drills in order for it to equal Plyometrics timewise. But, without doing it, the Bootcamp portion could equal or blow Plyo out of the water intensity wise. I don't think there's enough varied weight work to sub for P90X unless I doubled up or added with another dvd. The chest and back work would be fine as part of a sub for the X's chest and back. I suppose, I could always throw in a few pull-ups, chin-ups and push-ups too. I could be wrong. I'll have to do them first. Also, I have to make the effort in seeing how she works each muscle part. For the most part, I was paying attention to the exercises, not order of body part worked. I haven't checked out the pre-mixes yet either.

There's so much to digest!!!!

The tempo of the music seems fast paced. I didn't get out a metronome or anything, so I could be wrong.

Well, I'm off to try Lower Intensity Step. I'll wear a heart monitor and keep it under my max heart rate since I have lung issues at the moment.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

I want mine! :)

Traci-X, I forgot that those pills were the ones that made you depressed. I'll have to watch that because with my hypothyroid I tend to get moody if something is out of whack. Enjoy the new DVD's!

Wendy, Are you wheezing yet? :D

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi...back again! I did the Lower Intensity Step plus the shoulder and calf portions...I will tack on the abs tomorrow. I really don't like doing abs at the end of the workout...and I was so excited to get started that I didn't think about it...LOL! Can I just say...Loved it!!!! Had a great time with the step...lots of different moves...but after previewing I didn't have much of a problem following...which is saying a lot from an extremely choreography challenged person. I liked the shoulder work too...and Cathe definitely went heavy on this. And of course, the calves...my new favorite part! Pretty long routine on that one which is good, because I think the calves are overlooked in most leg workouts. I do have to say that Cathe was the major highlight in an otherwise pretty bad day!

Okay...now time for personals....

Nicole...You cannot have your dvds because you are on restricted duty!!! Please take it easy on that back...Sounds like there are definitely problems and you need to take it easy. Be a good girl and we promise to let you have your dvds when you are healed. And I tried the route that I was going to be divorced anyway with my social security thing, but they didn't care about that. I think it is very hard to know when enough is enough with your weight loss...and I have had the same problem with having a goal weight and pushing it lower and lower. I don't have any wonderful advice...except try to be happy with the person you are...and as long as you are healthy...that is what matters most. It is very hard to reconcile that in your head, I know.

Wendy...I guess I will get that email on your thoughts on the homeschooling issue sometime overnight when you are wide awake...LOL!

Traci...Looky there...You just needed some new dvds to get your motivation back!!! You would be amazed at my gas consumption since moving here...I used to go to the gas station once a week or every 10 days...now I am at the gas station every 4 days or so! What the heck?? I am all over the darn place! And although there is no traffic here, everything is pretty spread out. I thought about you while I was working my calves tonight..wondering how to take a picture by myself. I do have a friend coming over for dinner tomorrow and he wouldn't think I was too crazy...but his son will probably be with him, so maybe that is not the time....LOL! Make sure you get to my earlier post since that has the details you are looking for...lol!

Swifty...So glad the squirrel didn't knock you down...lol! Glad you are healing, though. Did you know that groundhogs and woodchucks are actually 2 names for the same critter? It is a little known fact. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?? Your recipe sounds yummy...I will have to try it as it looks easy enough for me!

Sandra...Waving as you clean on by. Hey! Send some of those cleaning vibes down here!

I think I caught up with everyone else earlier today...Hope everyone is busily previewing their new dvds...and for those of you who haven't received yours yet...sending sad looks of longing your way. Who have we been missing?? Lea...I am about ready to send out a search party...I think everyone else has been around over the past day or so anyway. Waving to Cheryl too!

Tomorrow is yoga for me...plus bis plus abs, since I skipped them today...LOL!

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eion Finn

Hi all,

Debra - You sure are chatty today. I enjoyed reading all of your comments. I know you didn't ask me, but I think there is a definite benefit to going to school in a group environment. I think that the social aspect of school is as important as the academic one, but that is JMO. Glad you enjoyed the workout. I must have waited until the last minute to order mine because they aren't supposed to come until Monday.

Nicole - Please take it easy. I'm surprised they suggested the bike because you have to sit! There is always walking.

Later gators,

Tracy

Good evening Ladies,

Lower Intensity Step is done. I forgot to put on my heart rate monitor. I just took it easy when I felt out of breath. Actually, I thought I did pretty good considering it was my first time with step in over a month. It's a fun one!!!! I really like the combined combos at the end. The last blast didn't seem to get my heart rate up as much as the second blast. The shuffle back and to the front still perplexes me, and Cathe taught it at the road trip. I need to watch that move closely again!!!

Nicole: Please take it easy. You've only got one body! The other ladies have already warned you about the meds. Hopefully, yours won't affect your moods. I wished I lived closer. I would give you my exercise bike!!! Have you looked around for a second hand bike?

Amy-X: Thank you so much for the oatmeal cookies. I plan on baking them this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Did you pre-order the new series? Or are you strictly Tony's gal for the next 60 days? Check you out! Doing IMAX3 on your rest day!!!!! Crazy!!!!:7 Oh, I haven't received any emailed pictures lately. Um, just saying.;-)

Jeanette-X: How are you today? Did the little fairies stop over? If so, send them my way when they're finished stacking wood!;-) Yes, wood can be expensive. The homeschooled teen cuts wood during the summer and sells it in the fall. He also grows raspberries (red and golden) in a four greenhouses. This year Whole Foods bought from him.

Traci-X: I can't remember if I told you thank you for explaining the pictures! Thanks! Oh, my! Was Wendell drinking? Phil usually snores after he's been drinking a few or more, or after a hard day of work with little sleep. Drives me up the wall too. I'm sure his good looks keeps you from strangling him though.;-) Hope you get some shut eye tonight! Sorry to hear you're not feeling up to new clients. I know you put your game face on and did a GREAT job!!!!

Tracy-X: Thanks for sharing the benefits of taking a half day off. I'm in awe of you ladies who workout morning and evening!!!

Carol: Why do I keep wanting to put an X after your name? I think it's because you seem so X-like to me!:) I can't wait to hear your review!!! You go girl!!!!

TG: How do you normally like cardio and weight dvds? Regardless, I think you would really, really like this series considering how you enjoy lifting heavy!!!! Your rotation looks sweet to me.:)

Debra-X: If you think the DMV is bad, have fun with the SS office. Actually, it's only when you need to call the SS office to find a nearby location. The office is pretty easy. When eldest ds lost his card (I found it later), it took about a week to get a new card. He was in the office for less than 10 minutes. Real easy. I'm so glad you got your dvds today! Did you tackle the UPS man and demand to know where he's been all day? }( I didn't forget. I'll get that email out to you soon!

Sandra-X: In 30 minutes, DD3 will be finished!!!! My day 3 is actually really good. Well, that's a lie. The whole darn week and the preceding week are horrendous!!! Especially since my flow takes a break mid-flow. It's like a mini-PMS right in the middle of everything! YUCK! Anyhow, enjoy the time with your parents!!! See you when they leave.:)

Laurie-XX: Cami is so blessed!!! I can't say that the inhaler is working. However, my coughing hasn't kept me awake at night anymore. That was a pain. At first, I blamed my cough on the Phil turning on the ceiling fan. Drove me crazy! Anyhow, I really think these antibiotics are working. Slowly, but surely. I haven't felt as good as I did today in weeks. Enjoy previewing the dvds!!!

Okay ladies, off to email Debra and get some sleep.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Happy late evening,
Almost 10 pm here so I can't post a whole lot. Golf class was fun again, better weather. Nice 4some to play with tonite. I did okay too.

Debra, I wish you luck getting your name change stuff taken care of. I just got something in the mail today requesting a certified copy of our marriage certificate for health insurance purposes (DH's new insurance with the Carpenter's Union). I can't remember ever seeing it, so will have to file at the County Recorders. LOL about the priest praying for my swing. He has a great sense of humor and I really enjoy being around him at work. Hopefully, he won't try to give too much advice as that makes it tough for me. I can only retain so much. I looked when I drove in tonite, no wood stacking fairies. Guess I'll have to hit it tomorrow after work. So sorry your massage person is gone. Hope you get someone good. I really miss mine. Looking forward to November 2 when I get a massage/facial. Have had a facial once and LOVED it!

Laurie, glad you got your walk in today. I missed mine. I had 2 long meetings this afternoon so no time for a walk. So nice that you will be seeing your Mom! Oh, the confirmation party is so not exciting me! Guess I'd better get those gloves on and get at it. I'm a big fan of pumpkin too, heck I'm a big fan of autumn and winter celebrations. We are doing a family get together a week from Saturday. Menu will be chili, cornbread (I have a screaming recipe that I do outside in my dutch oven), apple cider and some desserts. My BIL usually brings a smudge pot for all of us to sit around and stay warm. It's an annual event.

Traci, which workout are you doing tomorrow? Are you all enthused again? You have sounded a bit down lately. Hope that has passed. Did TTOM arrive yet? Are you late? My cramps weren't bad at all today and not much bloat going on so that's good. TTOM only lasts a few days for me, then revisits about 23 days later. I'm almost 49 and keep thinking that menopause should be setting in soon.

Anointed, way to go on the planks. I love them, though I haven't done many lately. I think they do more than crunches do. The onion soup sounded yummy. What a treasure that Ted is! Any man that cooks is gold in my book! Sounds like things are really going well in that department. Very happy for you.

Sandra, know you will be busy with your parents. Please check in when you can. Did you make a special cake to celebrate their visit? They will be so impressed I'm sure with your decorating. I sure am!

Wendy, LOL re: I'm turning into my mother! My sister and I joke about how we are too. We used to make fun of some of the things mom does, now we do them ourselves. Are you feeling better? Please take it easy with your lungs while doing the new workouts. I'm so jealous that you have yours already. I need to check my notice and see if they miraculously have already arrived (instead of the due date of next Tuesday). Did you get your mother's paperwork all done?

Nicole, glad you saw the doc. Hoping the anti-inflams help you out. I think Tracy's suggestion for the walking is a good one. Listen to some great music while you stretch the legs in a good heart pumping walk. Walking really clears my head. Think our weather will be nice on Sunday for the ride. A little brisk when we start, but I'll just have to wear the gloves, tights, arm warmer and ear band. I need to bring my camera too.

Swifty, the cookie recipe sounds yummy. I'll have to copy it off and make them soon. Glad no wild animals ran out in front of you today. Want to go on the ride with me on Sunday? I would love to have you come join us!!! A girl can dream, huh? Thanks for the movie description of Into The Wild. No TTOM for you? Glad you will be seeing the doctor about this, though it would be nice not to have periods anymore. I will tell my DH how lucky he is. I think he may just smirk. He does put up with a lot from me, my hobbies all these years. But I'm worth it LOL! We always just stay home in the winter. The only times we've left, we've had someone come over and housesit for us to keep the fire going. I'd like to be free of that someday so we'll have to buy an oil stove. I love asparagus!!! How was the soup? Funny how it makes your pee smell. Why is that? How come nothing else does that?

Tracy, my sister homeschooled all 4 of her kids up thru High School. She's done a fabulous job with them. Personally, I think they needed to be around other kids more and feel the competition for grades. They are all really nice kids, but not motivated at all to continue their education with college. Just my opinion.

DH just went to bed, I think I'll follow suit. Thankfully, he doesn't snore much, just when he's had a bit too much to drink.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.