Xers++++++Sunday!!!!!!!!!

taprice

Cathlete
Hi Xers and graduates,

Is today going to be the first day of a new exercise life for a few of you? Enjoy the freedom!

I won't be around again until late this afternoon. We are going to check on the property that we bought as an investment down near Charlottesville, VA which, without traffic is about 2 hours from hear. It is just land, but we like to go down and cook on the fire and hike around, even if we don't camp.

I'm doing some abs this morning and depending on when we get back, maybe some legs this evening. I am so ready to get back to working with weights. I hope this recovery week has paid off. If nothing else, the recovery week helps me to get back into working out and doing my best instead of just doing something.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Debra - I probably have about as exciting a life as you. I was around all day yesterday too, and I usually am on the weekends in the winter. Summer is better though.

Sandra - I'm in Virginia, EST. I don't think that the posts always show up immediately. When I posted yesterday Lea's post wasn't up, yet according to the time, was done before mine. I can't figure it out.

Tracy

Good morning,

Today is our club's group bike ride today and it should be a very nice day weather wise (high 50's). We still have snow on the ground, but the roads are all clear and dry. Yesterday, DH and I drove to Reno, NV and looked at a couple of wood stove shops. Probably going to make a decision soon, but have to make a call to check on a price. Will probably be getting a Quadra Fire. Stoves are so much more efficient now than the one that's been in this house for the last almost 30 years. We may even only have to burn 1/2 the amount that we usually do and anything that help us cut less is a plus. It's not my favorite thing, but DH loves to cut wood. There's nothing like that radiant heat, but it is messy. Currently, propane, natural gas and diesel are so high that I'm very thankful for what the wood cost us - $10/cord for a USFS permit and we don't have to go far to cut it, only about 10-15 miles from home. When spring comes and we don't need to burn wood for heat, we'll take out the old stove, remove the old dated rock on the hearth and walls and install tile. Guess that'll be coming up soon as hey, it's March already.

Oh yeah, I was on the computer last night checking posts, but also finished our bike club's monthly newsletter. That's a nice task to check off the list. I emailed it to a fellow member who converts it to pdf format (I have Windows ME and it doesn't support the version of Acrobat that we have) and then emails it back to me to email out to the other members. Works pretty good that way. The fellow member also prints and mails the newsletter to those who don't have email or internet.

Lea, can't wait to hear about the snowboarding lesson. Hope someone brought a camera as I'd love to see pictures too. Sure hope the elbow soreness didn't get in the way.

Debra, I'm thinking you need to go see the Dr. about your wrist as it's still bugging you. I know it's a pain sometimes to get into a dr., and we keep thinking we'll be better by the time we see him. Life's too short to be uncomfortable, especially if something can be done about it.

Tracy, your property sounds like a nice escape place. Do you intend to build on it someday? I'm finally starting to feel the magic of recovery week (now that it's about over, TTOM is wearing off too). Woke up looking and feeling lean. Maybe those pictures may happen soon. I haven't been weighing myself as much as it can alter my thinking for the day and I don't like that. I'm finally (after many, many years) not as worried about the scale. After the bike ride, I plan on sitting down and coming up with some kind of a rotation for the week. I'm kind of excited. I'm also ready to start pushing weights again. I really love the concept of Recovery Week.

Well must go now, will be checking back.

Jeanette-X (sounds like genetics)

:7 :7 :7

CL/PH3/WEEK5/DaySEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (XStretch)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning!

How are you all doing? Fellow Graduates, what are your plans for tomorrow's workout? I spent some time last night trying to figure out what I want to do, and make it something that seemed appealing. Because I wanted flexibility to be able to choose my workouts based on my mood for the day, I decided to go with a template rather than actually specify the workouts. I will use this template for the foreseeable future, and reconfigure if I'm not happy with it. Here it is:

Weeks 1-3:
Mon: upper body split; core
Tues: HIIT cardio; stretch
Weds: uper body split; core
Thurs: cardio; stretch
Fri: yoga
Sat: cardio & weight circuit, including core
Sun: legs

Week 4:
Mon: easy steady state cardio
Tues: yoga
Weds: total body weight workout
Thurs: easy steady state cardio
Fri: yoga
Sat: total body weight workout
Sun: complete rest

This month, for upper body, I've decided to use the Gym Styles for week one, Slow & Heavy for week two, and P90X for week three. When doing Cathe workouts I will be adding in chin/pull ups to the back workouts.

For the Gym Style Chest 72 drop-pushup segment, I'm going to vary the push ups for each set (eg. 16 standard, 14 wide, 12 military, 10 diamond, 8 plange, 6 divebomber, 4+2 as Cathe does them with the slow counts).

My plan for this week looks like this:
Mon: GS Chest & Triceps (push up varieties); CM#1
Tues: IMAX3; Total Body Stretching #1
Weds: GS Back, Shoulders, Biceps (pull/chin ups added); CM#2
Thurs: MIC; TBS #2
Fri: Shiva Rea Yoga Shakti (a one hour session, no core work)
Sat: High Step Challenge; TBS#3
Sun: Butts & Guts

I'm also prepared to switch any of these workouts if I feel like they're wrong for me that day. The yoga on Friday is my "rest" day, but if I feel I need another one, I'll stick it in. Anyone care to join me??

I'm really looking forward to this! It allows me to meet all my fitness goals, has a lot of variety, allows me to use all of my favourite workouts, and stays within 60-75 mins a day for the workout.

Yesterday I did BodyMax2 using the 8" step. I was full of energy and needed to burn it. This did the trick. Felt great, was a ton of fun. I did this whole workout only once before P90X, and could not match Cathe's weights. I'm pleased to say that I was able to do that this time, and added on some chin ups at the end. Sitting on the ball for all that weight work does not allow me to go as heavy as I can when I'm standing. I guess that's why she does it, huh?

Today instead of XStretch, I'm going to do YogaX. It's not as fun as Shiva, but I love the way it makes me feel.

Jeanette - okay, now I really do need to find Bryan Kest yoga. That one sounds really good! I didn't get my pics taken yesterday because DH wasn't home when I finished my workout. Maybe next weekend. I did take my measurements, and will talk about that in my "Takeaways" post (TraciX gave us homework! x( ) I'm so glad you stuck with the program, and are sitting here on Day 90 with a glow of accomplishment around you! It's a wonderful feeling!

Debra - What are you shovelling today? :D How's that wrist? Still bothering you, or are you going to do yoga today? When I get that jump-rope circuit figured out, I'll be sure to let you know. First I might just tack on a bit of jump roping to one or two of my workouts, just to figure out what a realistic amount of jumping would be for me. 2 min intervals? 30 sec intervals? I'm not sure what I'm capable of.

TracyX - Isn't it wonderful the way kids can have such clarity sometimes? You and DH obviously raised 'em right! I needed a recovery drink after just reading your workout yesterday!! Oh my, that's intense! Of course you don't care about vaccuuming; you're body's still in shock from that workout!! Thank you for the offer on the chest/back routine. I would love to see what you've cooked up!

LeaX - we're all sitting here waiting to hear the SnowBoarding Report! Why the heck were you up at 3am for this??? Are they worried the snow will melt when the sun rises?? Krispy Kreme? Ha!! DH asked if I was going to celebrate with a cheeseburger. Now that's more like it :9 .

Steph - nice to see you yesterday!! If you get Rea's Creative Core abs, be sure to let us know how you like it! My family is of the wrestling tradition. My brother held (still holds? not sure) the record in high school for the fastest pin. My uncles (I have 11) were all known for their wrestling in high school. They probably got tons of practice at home! Did you get CoreSyn done yesterday?

TraciX - welcome home! I have to go do your homework assignment now.

I hope to bbl today with my "TakeAways" post. It's going to be a busy day, so don't know when I'll get it all in.

Cheers,
Sandra

Well good morning graduate Xers, fellow Xers and soon to be Xers!!! How the heck are ya? It must feel great to be done eh? I can't do personals right now as I am in desperate need of a shower, but I will tell you about my adventure yesterday.

For those of you who were curious(Miss Sandra X ;)), I was up at 3 because it was a 7:15 class and took about 2 hours to drive there. So I had to get ready, eat breakfast, drink coffee, you know;) .

Snowboarding is difficult!!! But once I started to get it, it was fun. I fell a lot and was doing great.......until after lunch. The instructor took us on a different coarse (still beginner) and it had a little bit more of a slope. I think my mind for some reason was not prepared for this, I got scared, fell and my snowboard went one way while my body went another. So needless to say, that was the end of that. My knee is a little swollen right now, it's hard to walk on it and straighten it. So I am thinking that I have to go to the doc and have it checked out. Hopefully it is just a sprang.

The good news is that the instructor is a very caring lady. She offered after I get better to do a one on one instruction free of charge so I don't have a fear of coming back out. And I am going to do it!! Why be scared??? I have done the worse and what more can happen right?

I am joking around with my husband now that I am going to have a fabulous upper body (with all the upper body weight work) and chicken legs now until my knee gets better.

It was a great experience and I don't regret it one bit. The ladies in the class were very nice and I learned something new.

So that is that. No pics though. I will try to bbl with personals. Everyone have a fabulous Sunday. Tah tah.

Lea

Good morning!! I have been up doing a few chores around the house so that I am ready for another showing today! WooHoo! I am not going to be able to do yoga today as planned since my wrist is still hurting this morning. I may try and see if I can come up with a modification for the down dogs since that is where I feel it the most....But that will have to wait until this afternoon. I also got a video from flickety fit that I may do instead. It's a cardio Kick box from The Method.

On to some personals...

Tracy...Have a great time at your property today. Charlottesville is such a pretty area. Have fun with your leg workout this evening....I'm sure you will! Funny about your DS's observations yesterday on the magazine....It's good to see that through someone else's eyes sometimes.

Jeanette....Glad you are feeling accomplished getting your newletter done. So I guess when you guys get a new stove, you'll just wait and use it for the season next year? When does the weather break for you guys? We don't get consistently warm here in Illinois until May. Can't wait to move down South! Have a great ride today...Glad the weather is cooperating! I will call a Doctor this week...I just thought it was getting better, but I guess not...I have a lot going on this week and then I am gone the next week for a visit to my mom's..so it's going to be a few weeks before I can get in anyway.

Sandra...Sounds like you took a lot of time thinking out your workout plan...Looks great as long as you stick in those rest days when you need them. Glad you had fun with Cathe yesterday. I think that she does a good job of changing up things just a bit so you have to work a little bit different...like using the ball...It makes you do something a bit different and I'm sure uses your muscles in a different way. We actually have sun here today..Can you believe it? It's still windy and very cold, though. I didn't watch "The Departed" last night as planned since there was a movie on one of those movie channels that I wanted to see, so I watched that instead...I'll let you know how "The Departed" is when I get to it.

Hi to all the other Xers...I hope Lea survived her snowboarding session! Traci I'm sure is having a great time at the bay...Where are Steph, Monica and Laurie? I guess Laurie's party on Friday wore her out for the weekend!

later ladies!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Lea...You snuck in! Glad you had a fun session...but sorry to hear about your injury. I hope it's not too serious and heals quickly. I'm glad it was such a positive experience for you! Sounds like you had a blast. Nurse that knee today and take it easy!

Debra

Good morning Xer gals! I’m so ashamed to even be here, as I didn’t do Core Syn. yesterday. I have no reasonable excuse, other than this week has just wiped me out, and I was so tired after a whole day of watching wrestling and wrestling my other two children myself, that I crashed into bed at 9:00. I’m SO doing it today! I’ve already cleaned part of the house, and after my 14 year old son finally gets up, he’s going to babysit the other two while I work out before lunch! I now have a plan! It’s so easy to fall off the exercise wagon, but I do miss it.

I just have to vent that this rotation has seemed SOOOOOO long! Maybe that’s why I’m really fading away toward the end. I love Tony, but these workouts are starting to get boring. I think that’s why I’ve put off Core Syn. so long. I love the workout, but I’m thinking, “Core Syn again? Ugh!”

Tracy - Sounds like a beautiful day you have planned! Enjoy and relax! Hope you get a chance to do your leg work today!

Jeanette - Boy, you guys are smart to invest in a wood burning stove. It actually sounds cozy! So many people around here have them and are certainly glad they do since the fuel prices are astronomical! I’m with you on not weighing yourself. It really gets my down more than I ever thought it could. After I freaked out about my 5 lbs. weight gain, I haven’t set foot on it since. That’s fine with me, because my clothes still fit fine, and I think I still look good. Let us know what your new rotation is like. I’ve still got two weeks to go, but I enjoy looking at everyone’s rotations and getting ideas for my own future workouts. (IF I ever finish this one!)

Sandra - Boy, wrestling must be quite a tradition in your family. You have 11 uncles? Wow! Yep, it sounds like that’s the sport in your family. My older DS doesn’t enjoy it as much, but wanted to stay in shape between basketball season and track, so he went out. My younger DS is in second grade and likes it a lot more, so it looks like we’ll be traveling around to take him to the kid wrestling meets. I think it’s great for him, but it bothers me to see a lot of these dads screaming at these little boys and getting on their case when they don’t think the little guy did what the dad thought he should have. Sometimes the little guys even cry, and that bothers me, too.

Lea - Good for you not giving up on snowboarding! I hope your knee is just sprained and not seriously injured. Just take good care of it. I want you to get better fast so you can keep working those legs out and not get chicken legs! (LOL) That had to be scary falling like that! I don’t know about snowboarding, but aren’t your feet, like, hooked onto that thing? That would twist your knee something terrible, I would think! I know that happens to me with snow skiing, which is not one of my favorite sports.

OK, everyone! I’m off for more housecleaning. (Boo) I’ll check back in later, since I’ll be around home all day today, too. Last night I already did my assignment for my Contemporary Issues in Lang. Arts class. (A resume for Thomas Jefferson - interesting) so I’m feeling like just hanging out around the house today.
BBL,

Steph

Debra,

No, YOU snuck in! (LOL) I must have posted right before you! How the heck are you today? Sorry your wrist is still hurting you. How long has it been like this? I'm still struggling with my elbows, so I know how you feel. It's frustrating not being able to do the moves like you want to. Which workout did you get from "The Method?" I have one of theirs, and it's divided into 3 fifteen minutes segments, and there's a kickbox segment in it. Maybe it's not the same one. It's kind of strange, but all right. Good luck with your showing today!

Steph

Good evening ladies! Hope you guys are all doing well and enjoying the weekend with your families! I previewed the Method video..and the instructor got on my nerves in the first five minutes..so I put it back in the envelope to send back to flickety fit! I have already saved money by not buying it! I ended up doing Hard Body Yoga by Tari Rose. It had been a long time since I had done that one and I had fun with it. I just skipped all the push ups and down dogs and then added some pilates arms and chest to the end. I really liked the ab section....It was a lot like ARX with out the yelling!

Steph...I completely understand your burnout on the X...Those last couple of weeks were so hard for me to get through because I was just so bored with doing the same workouts over and over. I'm sure you'll be able to get through...It's only a couple more weeks!

All right..I'm off to go finish my movie and then get DD in the tub...Good night!

Debra

I DID IT!!!!! I finished Core Syn this afternoon! I'm back on the wagon, and hopefully can get this rotation finished!

Steph

Yay!!! Congrats Steph!!! Keep on going...you're almost there. Good job today everyone.

Oh, btw, doc says I have a sprain and have to wait 7 days (chicken legs, here I come;) ). If things are not better, here comes the MRI, but hopefully that won't happen.

Good night everyone.

Debra - It looks like the snow is going to let up for you either tomorrow or Tuesday right? We watched a little of WGN last night and saw the weather. All I could think about was you shoveling that snow!! And was CC able to help you with your problem???? Hope so.

Jeanette - 28 years married to the same man. That is fantastic!!! Congratulations. I hope that you had a great time today.

Lea

Hi everyone!

Had a group bike ride today, good workout, 38 plus miles, 6 of us showed up. The weather was just a little chilly this morning (mid 40's) but warmed into the low 50's. Came home and got a little housework done and finished painting the last of the trim in the family room. Now I can put all the painting paraphanalia away that gets stuffed in corners of rooms.

Oh yeah, caught the P90X informercial this afternoon. DH was really paying attention to it. I'm hoping he'll want to do a rotation sometime. I won't push, though. He can't do pushups as it kills one of his shoulders so he'd have to do chest presses or something instead.

I penciled out a rotation for the week. We'll see how it goes. It's actually patterned along P90X (Classic). I'm not sure of the times for the workouts, but I will keep them around 60 minutes. The ab workouts at nights (3 times, like P90X) will also be around 15 minutes.

Monday: GS Chest pushups, P90 Master Upper Body Chest, and any other chest workouts I can think of and alternate with lat pulldowns on my Bowflex. Tracey Staehle Core Conditioning - 15 minutes worth (in the evening).

Tuesday: P90 Master Plyo Legs, adding Butts & Guts Plie Jacks & Firewalkers

Wednesday: Pyramid Upper Body - Shoulders, Bi's, Tris, also Cathe's Supersets (shoulders, Bi's, Tris) to help fill the hour. Ab Ripper X in the evening. Also have a weekly spin session in the evening.

Thursday: Bryan Kest Power Yoga

Friday: Slim Series Firm It Up (for lower body), pausing to add in lat pulldowns on Bowflex. Evening - Turbo Jam Abs

Saturday: Turbo Jam Cardio Party 30 minutes and Christie Taylor hi-lo - only up to an hour

Sunday: Bike Ride

Sandra, I love your idea of varying the drop sets of pushups in GS and will do that tomorrow. You're so smart! It surely is a wonderful feeling to be done with P90X and yes, I feel very accomplished. No pictures today. I'm thinking maybe Monday or Tuesday. I'm usually puffy after bike riding for a day or so. I'm always complaining about puffiness, maybe I should just say what it is, fluff (or fat). There, I said it. Not picture ready just yet.

Lea, sounds like you had a great day, even with the knee injury. Hope it won't bother you for too long. Do you have to ice it? Your instructor sounds awesome. I'm not surprised you will be back for more. You are so plucky (in a good way!) I thought about you lots today. Darn, no pictures. Yes, 27 years married to the same guy. He's a saint to put up with me and my little hobbies. For years it was horses and he supported all of that. Now it's my biking and he's there for me too, though he doesn't like it as much as the horses. He does watch the Tour De France though and appreciates the athletes the cyclists are.

Steph, yep, it does get a bit boring at the end, but you are so close to just try to suck it up. That's what I did, and once I started, it was much better. I never grew tired of Tony one little bit. I still laughed at all of his jokes. I like when he says his pants ripped. Yes, we have always had a wood stove. This old one has had the firebrick replaced quite a few times, cracks welded and just burns a lot of wood. We need to update and make it purtier too. You get a lot of heat out of firewood, cutting it, splitting it, loading it, unloading it, splitting again, and then stacking it. Lots of heat. I hate it when the parents yell at their kids in sports. They get waaaay too serious about this stuff. Woohoo! I see you finished Core Syn! Knew you could.

Debra, sorry The Method didn't work out. Flickety Flix must be like Netflix. Love it. We watched Firewall last night. Good movie and kept my attention the whole time. So sorry about your wrist. Hope you can get into the dr. soon. Our winters last usually around November to April or so, but start warming up more in March. Hope the house showing goes well today. I'll have to check out Hard Body Rose.

Got to go, am excited about doing a "new" workout tomorrow. I think one of the things I love the most about P90X is learning that I didn't need so much cardio to feel leanness and get some results.

Jeanette (Netta Van Petta)

Hey gang,

Just a quick heads up to say I posted my "takeaways" in typical long-winded manner in an essay on the Open Discussion.

I did YogaX today. I love how much easier that workout has become. And it still feels terrific.

Have a great night, and I'll see you tomorrow!
SandraX

Hi ladies....sounds like you guys are all well!

Jeanette...Yes, flickety fit is just like Netflix only all fitness videos! You must try if you like to buy videos and then you end up not liking them...This gives me a way to try them out first and then decide if I really want to have them in my collection. Congrats on your completion of the painting project...Not quite as exciting as being an X grad...but almost!

Sandra...I'll look at open discussion for your post...I am sure you are as eloquent as usual...Glad you had fun with yoga.

Lea..I had a couple of email exchanges with Sean...but then it was the weekend, so I expect to get my problems resolved this week...Hopefully! Sorry about your sprain...Hope you are feeling better soon!

okay...I'm off to bed!

Debra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.