Xers: Suggestive;-) Sunday....

Debra: Those are wonderful words to say everyday!

Traci: Love your workout room!!!! LOL about the closet! The other day, we drove past a barn converted into an antique store with the entryway overflowing with old doors. It had a huge sign that read Shop At Your Own Risk. LOL

Jeanette: How did dinner turn out?

Did you all read the blog!!!! The men are muscular!!! Funny thing, they didn't get hot with STS though. LOL

I've just spent the evening talking to Phil about STS after watching a P90X infomercial with him. He might be interested in it at another time. He's partial to Tony and the before/after photos/videos of the testers. He might start P90X this week. We'll see if I join him. However, I don't really trust the drop-out to stick with it till May!

A couple of questions for anyone who has been keeping up with the STS talk....

Am I reading the ab dvd correctly. It's 60 minutes long, true. They suggest that you work the abs 2 to 3 times a week depending on if using weights. Does she mean to suggest doing 3 60 minute workouts just for the abs each week? Or to pick and chose 10 minutes each time?

How would you think P90X would work if I incorporated a mesocycle approach? Meaning, I would cycle down my reps and adjust my weights heavier... Phase 1: 15 reps. Phase 2: 12 reps Phase 3: 6 reps This is what I did on my first round of the X. I started off with an endurance based mentality and gradually switched to a heavier weight mentality by Phase 3.

Also, I would sub a weighted leg workout instead of using L&G. The more I think about L&G, the more I wonder if the reason why I didn't get any DOMS until Phase 3 wasn't necessarily due to form. I'm wondering if it had to do with the fact that my legs lost strength from not using weights like Cathe works them. Thoughts?

Off I to bed I go. I'll try and catch up on personals in the AM.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Check out the blog, they have posted pics of the new cast members!

Wendy, my understanding is that it's 6 10 minute workouts. I'm not sure where I got that from though. Kim

Good almost-Monday! It's 11:56pm here, which means Traci's probably having breakfast right about now LOL! I never made it to the computer today. It was all good; I had a really nice day. But I won't make it online tomorrow, most likely, until perhaps in the evening. So I thought I'd pop on and say I gave Upper Body+ a try tonight. I REALLY liked that workout!!! That was eXcellent!!! I know I'll be feeling my chest & back tomorrow. I needed to go up a bit with the bi & tri weights because I was being conservative for my first go-round. Then I did the Abs/core+ dvd. So, a really enjoyable hour.

Oh yeah, almost forgot - there's two pictures of the Tinkerbell cake on my picture trail.

I hope you all have a great holiday Monday.

Sandra

Hi, just popping in.

Sandra- You truly are a gifted person in making those cakes. Tinkerbell looks too good to eat.

Traci - Love the workout room! Thank goodness those mirrors are hung. Good for you.

Lea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.