:::::Xers:::: Sensual Saturday

Back again to report my workout is done. Thank heavens!!! I keep telling myself that I always enjoy my runs, but when it's so chilly out in the mornings, it's hard to force myself out the door. It was 6C this morning - that's only 6 degrees above the freezing mark!! Anyhow, I did CC#6 with Sean. Tough workout, but I can happily call it done. Then StretchMax#1.

Anointed - oooh, I hope your calf is okay, and not a serious injury.

TracyX - be happy to post the recipe, either later today or tomorrow. Right now I really need to shower (stink stink). Classes? Are you taking a course? I want a blog update too.

LeaX - I'm trying to get more involved with kids' activities, too. Maybe if I spend time with them while they're young, they'll want to spend time with me when I'm old :)

JeanetteX - Love that LIC cardio. Nice workout today! This oatmeal bread is very soft and fluffy, but does seem to stick to the ribs. The perfect balance. I may make it instead of regular WW bread from now on.

TraciX - Did you survive BG today?

WendyX - Glad you made it safe and sound.

DebraX - Did you go back to bed?

Cheerio,
SandraX

Teddygirl, yowza, it sounds like a charlie horse in your calf. I've had those when running before. They're caused by severe dehydration and not enough stretching. Take some magnesium - I have a supplement called stim-o-stam I can take. Drink lots of water and work on massaging and stretching it out. Oooh, sorry, girl!

Wendy, love your idea for GS Standing - will have to try that out. I always do it as produced and it always kills.

Speaking of which - my booty is calling me. It's the wall sits in DM,I'm sure. They're gettin' me. I may do the last 15 minutes of DM this morning just because before I go on with my regular workout. Still deciding what that will be, but lots of cardio involved.

Traci, I hope that vacation is the bomb!!! I can't believe you're coming to SLC ... bummer on security rules... wave to me from the airport, will ya? :+ :+ :+
Yes, business still booming. I got a great call last night from a client I am very sure is ours... we should get the good word on Monday. Woo hoo!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Cheryl

As you all can see, I'm avoiding housework. Three hours and I can go ride my bike.

Annointed - Take care of the leg. A couple of days rest can make the difference between healing and a forced couple of weeks off.

Sandra - Whenever you get a chance for the recipe. I argee %100 percent that time spent with your children when they are young is critical. That is when you are most able to expose them to your values and morals, not to mention develop good relationships with them, while at the same time encouraging them to be individuals. Since the kids were old enough to go, we've gone hiking or bike riding or to bike races. My kids still enjoy spending time with us and I truly think that it is because I cultivated activities that we could all share and enjoy.

Off to do another 5 minutes of cleaning.

Tracy

Cheryl: You are right on the money with what you said, My girlfriend suffer from the same thing, I'm going to add into regimen, thank you.

Its feeling better I uses to get CH when I was carrying both of my sons at night when sleep I would do a long hard stretch with toes pointed and all of a sudden bang CH wake a gal straight up, okay, back to do shoulders, I dont mind itty bitty breaks.

Hello Fellow Xers,

Well we are back from the xcountry meet. :) DD didn't run Varsity today, because they only wanted to run 8 girls. But she did a great job, she came in at 17:47. Her last race was 18:05 so she really did a great job. I don't know what she placed, but it was in the top 20 again. :)

This is going to be short because I have to get this pig sty cleaned up. x( Today is a rest day as far as exercise. Housecleaning counts as exercise doesn't it? :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello you chatty women! I just got done with my workout...I did abs from MM first then PUB chest and back and then back to MM for more chest and back. I am sure my chest will be super sore tomorrow! DD is still not back from her bday party....She's going to be wiped out!

Teddygirl....Stay off the calf until it feels completely better. You don't want to risk an injury! Enjoy PUB...it's a killer.

Tracy...Glad you have been successfully avoiding housework today. I am working on laundry...but, of course, you get lots of down time during cycles!

Sandra...I can't believe it is so cold there already...It is supposed to be 95 here today! And I can't remember the last time that it rained. I can't wait until we get some cooler weather. Glad you enjoyed Sean today...I am trying to figure out how to incorporate CC during my bike rides...but I can't make the hills come at the right time....if you have an ideas let me know! And no, funny girl, I did NOT go back to bed...well, not yet!

Jeanette...So sorry to hear about the fires close to you guys...I am assuming that you guys aren't in any danger...just smoke from shifting winds? I haven't decided if I am going to get a trainer yet...The weather stays good here for a long time, so I should be able to ride outside far into the late fall and possibly early winter. I hate the treadmill, so I figure I won't like the trainer either! Have you ever used CC outside on your bike? I like the idea of doing that, but can't figure out how to make that work with the natural hills that are around this area.

Cheryl...Those darn potty DOMS!

Lea...Post when you can! We love to see your smiling face whenever you can fit us in. It gets busy with those kids doesn't it? Taking them here, there, and everywhere!

Nicole...Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and your family today. Let us know how things are going when you get the chance.

Okay...I guess that's it for now...still not sure what I am going to do tonight...may just hole up here...or I could call a friend and meet him out to watch the football games tonight. We'll see.

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Not to worry calve is back to to norm, really it is okay.

Cherly: I guess 96 to 64oz of water is not good enough going to pump up the volume more I probably sweat that much water out:)

I finished PUB not sure how I feel about this workout I'll know tomorrow, need to feel some pain. I also did 30 minutes on my treadmill I ran flat footed giving calves a good stretch I do every thing on me toes, NO soreness at all just may tried SE tomorrow.

I need food going to make hm...let's see refried beans on light wheat english muffin with slice tomatoes and cheese sounds yummy. Then I need to go to Caito's Health Store, I used the last of my flax seeds in my protien drinK need to get another bag. I will talk to lady real soon:) :)

Teddygirl, it may be the magnesium you're mostly needing ... you may have sweated your mineral and electrolyte content right out with the water and that may be as much a factor as the dehydration, I'm thinking... it does sound like you were scrupulous about getting enough water in.

I FEEL for ya gal!!! xoxoxo!

Cherly: I do sweat bucklets of water when working out, its crazy. If sweating causes me to lose mineral and electrolyte than I can say without a doubt I need magnesium :) going to do some reasearch. Thanks again.

Why am I so bored today, have been since I got back in town. I need to get a life other than my job and working out I have nothing, sad! any suggestions I'm all ears.

After I left health store stop to see my son and grand son he's coming over to spend the night with GM taken him to church. As a matter of fact going to get other two GK and we eat pizza and watch movies. Have a great day everyone

LIC "Timesaver Cardio Blast" Premix

Hi all,

Just popping in to say all is well for now. My brother and sister-in-law have to make sure the little one doesn't get dehydrated before his surgery on Wednesday. Insurance companies are such crap sometimes. They have to schedule the surgery to avoid outrageous "emergency" costs. I know he'll be ok until then but the longer he has pressure on his brain from the water, the more damage it can do:( He is such a good baby that it's hard to tell if he is in pain or not. I will have more time to do personals tomorrow, I hope.

Miss chatting with you gals:*

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. I'll pass it on to my family:)

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Round 2/ Phase1/ Week 3/ Day 4 Yoga X and ARx

Good evening! Love the subject line there TracyX!:)

Friday's picnic was fun. The weather was beautiful. I took one bite of a hot dog. First graders were to bring a dessert. I took strawberries and homemade dip. Desserts were 24' of table top covered in nothing but cake, cookies etc. Funny how the strawberries were gone in minutes. ;-)

This AM DH and I were asked to bike lead the local 5K run/walk. It was my first time. DH stayed behind to direct back further in the pack. I rode the first place runner across the finish line. It was fun! Rained the entire time.

Nicole - sorry to hear about your little nephew's situation. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Jeanette, I'm not familiar with a wind trainer.? I have an Aerodyne, I'm familiar with the noise factor. Thanks, I was thinking toward the SIDI mt. shoes. I'll have to get them. ;) They will last me forever! I hear you on the quad size being one of individual body type. I have some droop above the knee, but firming up with cycling. Kettle chips, mmmmmm. Don't be silly - re: turnip calves, you have lovely legs! I have a two very DIFFERENT sized calves. I notice every time I do crosses on the floor in PlyoX.

Traci, I found your comments on leg work interesting. I totally love how weighted leg work develops strength. I do miss it, as I used GS and PLB and B&G faithfully for 6 months prior to x. I do see results with firming my quads with cycling not bulking up at all. That's me. I received my Shiva Rea and Long and Lean and cannot wait to try them out. :7 I read where Shiva can alter poses which are hard on the forearms. I hope so, my wrists and forearm always hurt following YogaX.

Debra, DD loves school. She is so excited to be learning new things and making new friends. We met her teacher last nite at the picnic. Wow! is she young- maybe 25? It's good- DD's parents are old. It's amazing -the teachers take lots of time to talk to the children and parents. DD was asking for a little sibling tonight. We had to tell her no. And listed all the reasons why. Nice bike ride today! Enjoy your evening whatever your plans.

Wendy, I took no classes for divorce. No children involved. He was a stalker. I moved to the western US to get away from the creep. Yikes! Glad that's all in the past. Smile for the camera Wed. :7

That's all the time I have. Working on my newsletter prior to posting and it's beddy bye time. I'm heading to see a doc next week for this sinus thing. Very hard to breathe during wo's. x(

Hello to everyone! Enjoy your weekend.:7

Tracy: Here's the recipe. Enjoy! Sandra.

Oatmeal Bread (From Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book)

INGREDIENTS
1 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats OR 2/3 cup raw steel-cut oats (both weigh 106g). (If you have leftover oatmeal porridge, you can use 2 cups, and 2 3/4 teaspoons salt.
2 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon salt

2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water (110F)

3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup oil (optional)

5 cups finely ground whole wheat bread flour (750g)

INSTRUCTIONS
Cook the oatmeal in the water until it begins to thicken; add the salt and set aside for several hours or overnight. If you use leftover oatmeal, bring it to room temperature.

Dissolve the yeast in the 1/2 cup water.

Mix the honey and oil into the oatmeal, and add it and the yeast to the flour. Even if the dough seems very stiff, don't add more water just yet: the flour will absorb water from the oatmeal very slowly, so the dough softens as you work. Knead the somewhat stiff dough for about ten minutes, and if it still seems stiff then, add water gradually by wetting your hands and kneading until the dough has taken in as much water as it requires to become soft and supple. If you use leftover oatmeal that is fairly thin, you may find that you need to add flour on the board instead of water.

Form the dough into a ball and place it smooth side up in the bowl. Cover and keep in a warm, draft-free place. After about an hour and a half (in an 80F room; 3 hours in a 70F room), gently poke the center of the dough 1/2 inch deep with your wet finger. If the hole doesn't fill in at all or if the dough sighs, it is ready for the next step. Press flat, form into a smooth round, and let the dough rise once more as before. The second rising will take about half as much time as the first.

Press the dough flat and divide in two. Shape it into balls and let them rest, covered, until very much softer (about 15 minutes). Shape gently into hearth-style or standard 8" x 4" pan loaves. Sprinkle a greased baking sheet, pie tins, or loaf pans with rolled oats before placing the shaped loaf in them. For a fancy touch, brush the tops of the loaves with warm milk, and then sprinkle with more rolled oats that have been soaked in the warm milk.

Let rise once more in a warm place (about half as long as the second rise), and bake about 45 minutes at 350F.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.