Xer's ~~~~~~Monday~~~~~~~

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Classic/Phase 1/ Week 4/ Day 5- Yoga

Good Morning....yeah, it's after midnight, that means it's morning!

Anyway, today will be a nice yoda day....nothing too strenuous after working all night. I don't know if it will be YodaX or not, but will have to wait and see.

Jeanette- I am sorry that your stomach was not cooperating with your planned ride. I am glad that you were able to enjoy at least a portion of it, though. I hope that your stomach feels better this morning. No, I don't have any vacation plans other than spending as much time as possible with my in-laws, who are coming to visit this week.

Wendy- I am sorry for confusing you with Debra.....see what you get when I work nights??? LOL! Anyway, I don't rotate shifts...work strictly nights. I adjust by staying up super late on Thursday nights (until about 0400) and sleeping all day until about 3:30p on Friday. My workouts really aren't affected as I tend to do them in the late afternoon when I'm off as well, so I'm able to keep a pretty straight schedule. I hope that your knees stay healthy! I understand what you mean about Cathe and her step! I love step!!

Nicole- Good luck with the vacation planning! When are you planning on leaving?

I hope that all of you are nice and tucked in. It's just shy of 3am, so I know that TraciX will be around soon!;-) I will check with you all later!

Amy!!!!! Had to LOL as it 315am and here I am! You so know me! Hope work went well this weekend and happy to hear you are back to the schedule I can remember! Thats important ya know?;-) Hope the In:aw visit is a huge success- do you have to clean - I mean REALLY clean for them? I recall you cleaning for 2 weeks before your parents last visit!

WELCOME HOME SANDRA X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Download pics! Missed you

I'll BBL with personals as I went mia for most of weekend! Just spent quality time with DH as the wind was blowing like crazy so fishing time was minimal.

!!!!!!!!!!T-Shirt Announcement!!!!!!!!!!!
Lea told me that the Xer shirts are in and she will ship some point this week! She's doing well and took a little mini vacation with DH so thats ALWAYS a good thing! Sends her best! Now I'm motivated to eat clean and get buff again so I can look good in my tank!!!

Weekend workouts:
Intense Moves.... STILL love that one
Cardio X .... had been AGES... LOVED it alot more this time!
Kenpo.... Shoulder feeling good
Slim & Limbar Stretch.... an oldie from BB Debbie Siebers

Phase 2::: Week 2::: Day 1:::
Round 2

Today is Chest-Shoulder-Triceps + Abs (Balanced Core) + CC3 outside

BB With Personals!!!:7

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Phase 2 ::: Week 2 ::: Day 1 Ch-Sh-Tri (Halfway Mark!)
:::::::::::::::::::::::

Did I mention I ordered Slim Series Express Friday? I am just so into time efficient workouts these days!

:::::::::::::: Personals:::::::::::::::

تWendy ~~~~~~~
So are you all caught up with X now? I think round 1 I missed 3 or 4 workouts – at first I tried to make them all up but decided it was better for my body to not do that at some point in the week… I do hope this week finds you back in rhythm! LOL on rest day! Ya know girl- I eat so badly when I “rest” that I try and do something… Usually its not as much as I did yesterday but I am having my strong days (right before PMS hits!) so I had better take advantage of it. On SOY MILK- I drink Silk lite plain… I found the vanilla way tooo sweet for my tastes. I usually use it just in coffee & cooking- cereal every once in awhile…. I’m pretty much an egg white girl for breakfast and cereal isn’t what I crave at the end of a day! *** 1000% echo on TracyX and cardio/impact! Best thing I ever learned from X! When I do Cathe I just modify…. I never use more than 1 riser (sometimes ZERO!) and I even make sure I keep my heart rate down a bit more as I don’t need to gasp for 70 minutes to see the results I want… I also rarely do “marathon” cardio anymore… I use all the shorter premixes or I just set my 45 minute limit and cut Cathe short. Hope you are taking care of that neck/back! I find that my body is less forgiving during an X rotation… I think our muscles are taking so many nutrients from our bodies that we have to be careful to not put excess strain on our bodies thru the 12 weeks. On side to side p/ups.. I agree- I still don’t think my form is correct so I just do a few of those… I always feel like I’m tweaking my back a bit.

تJeanette X ~~~~~~~
I thought I was the only person who used only 1 riser! Not only is it more knee friendly and find I can give workouts more because I’m not overly focused on stumbling on higher steps! I’m not the most graceful stepper in Cathe-Land! Oh I hope you are feeling much better today!!! I recall the long weekend training runs for the marathon and I always felt strong until the weekend before the event! It was my worst 10 miler of the 6 month training and I freaked out! My body just felt like lead and I couldn’t get my breath.. I called my trainer worried I wouldn’t be able to run the marathon the next weekend and he assured me that it was a good thing! He said that every body has weeks where they are simply not as strong/fast and that I should be excited because it didn’t just fall on race day…. I hope that’s all yours was as well.

تDebra X
Gosh I hope DD feels better soon! Coughs are pesky and seem to hang on a long time! Your day sounded so nice yesterday… except for the wind/dust! Hope you get your trail ride in today! What a fun way to burn off “moving stress”!

تTeddyGirl ~~~~~~~~~~
Hope your weekend was FABULOUS! Happy to have you back on the computer.

تLaurie X~~~~~~~
Hope your weekend was wonderful!!!! You had a full agenda if I recall back to Friday!

تSandra X ~~~~~~~
Sandras back Zippity Do Da! Are you going to give yourself a few days before stepping on the scale? I usually wait to de-bloat a bit so I don’t freak myself out!

تTracy X ~~~~~~~~~~
Your words about not needing all the high impact cardio are so true! X taught me that and I found it very freeing! Hope your weekend was wonderful and that the weather held out for you. I appreciate you and all your words of wisdom on IL (injured list!) I don’t feel you are on a soapbox at all.. I think you have experienced so much the past few months that you simply must keep reminding all of us that we have to be smart! Please don’t ever feel like the reminders are being taken in vain. That’s terrific about Vinyasas/Breath BTW! I think the breathe is the LAST thing I’ll focus on in yoga- I’m still trying to keep from pulling something or falling over!

تAmy~~~~~~~
Did you use to do much stretching? I sure found out how good it is for the body… I consider the Yoga days as stretching as well so I think Tony knows how good it is for us in creating the “X magic”. I totally agree about Kenpo and bare feet! The whole idea of ever wearing shoes on carpet for Kick again makes me cringe! That’s why I like all the newer Kicks I’ve purchased… They are more Kenpo like than cardio so theres no fear of hurting my knee! WooHoo on the slimming thighs! I’m telling you I think there are a lot of us women that need to rethink the weights for lower body theory!!

تNicole ~~~~~~
Hope vacation planning is going well! That’s always so much fun!! So did your Dr have any idea at all what could be causing this back tingle? That’s just so scary to me. Not to mention aggravating! How about a good long massage? Would that hurt?

Great day to all-

Happy Flexing/Stretching/Moaning & Grunting to all!

Morning,

I had the most fabulous weekend, :D I tell you, this morning I just laid in my bed thinking about calling off today. How is everyone this lovely Monday?:)

Boy, did I do lots of shopping 3 more pair of shoes, I think I’m okay in the shoe department for nowx( Oh, I found the cuties outfitsx(

Any who, workout went very well over the weekend,

Sat: Scrambled Eggs + MIS UB:9
Sun: KPC :p

This morning, low max:p and tonight BM2 UB doubles + abs:p :p

Teddygirl~

Chest/Sho/tri & balanced Core completed.... Will do my CC3 jog in a bit. Switched to lighter weights to keep arms in 12-15 range... Shoulder feeling OK- fimgers crossed! Didnt do the scarecrows at all- subbed other shoulder reps for that one.

TeddyGirl: So glad you had such a fabulous weekend! Its nice to find just the right outfits isnt it?

9:30 and I'm still "clean" for the day! Working on getting lean a bit.

Great day to all!

LOL at TraciX!! Yes, girl, I know you!!! Anyway, just got home, ate a snack and am off to bed now! Oh, and made an appt with the dr for her to take a peek at my knees...I just want to head trouble off before they get bad (my dad has HORRIBLE knees and I don't want that!)

Good Morning Ladies!

Finished Plyo around midnight. I know, what can I say. We just have other things that take priority. While Phil was working in the kitchen, I started organizing and cleaning our school room/ computer room which is actually an extension of our living room. It would help if I got rid of some books. But, I can't. I already got rid of most of their preschool/toddler books. That was painful!!! I made the girls go through some of their toys to donate to the Goodwill. I still have to go through the game/art tall cabinet. I shudder when I think of all the stuff in there. So, Plyo got pushed off till the wee hours.

Even at that late hour, Plyo was easier for Phil and me. I even did the double time rock star jumps! Of course, I have a few choice words for Tony when he does the double time knee tucks. Today is BB and ARX as soon as Phil gets home. Before bed, around 11:00, I'll probably do YogaX starting at the beginning. Depending on how I feel, I'll do the second half.

I did better with my eating yesterday. Calorie total was a little over 1300. I wasn't hungry; probably due to the 2003 calories from Saturday! I'm starting my day off right. I had an orange. I think I'll try Traci's egg white burrito when I'm done posting.

Traci-X: What good is it to take the laptop to the bay if you're not going to check in with us!!! You're forgiven. Three posts today certainly makes up for ignoring us so you can spend time with dh! ;-) I hear y'all about the step! Do you realize that I only use ONE riser!!! When I start stepping again, it will be without any risers and with a low impact workout. I like the idea of cutting Cathe off at the 45 minute mark though. * My neck is feeling fine. If I would have tried going on with the weights, I'd probably be singing a different tune. Speaking of music, I've gotta get the child to practice her harp. Music lessons are this afternoon.

I'll be back in a moment for the rest of today's personals.

Wendy

Hi everyone,

I only have a minute. It is a busy day at work.

Yesterday I did GS legs, core, 40 minutes on the bike, and Tone plus 20 minutes of the new Shiva which I love. It is so different and difficult. It really engages a lot of the core. I am getting great results with the core by doing a few exercises in a controlled manner and staying zipped.

Today is some cardio, a walk if I have the truck or something else if not, plus magically hips and more of the new Shiva to learn.

Wendy – If you want my opinion on the step, I would probably add in a warmup and then one segment of a step dvd a couple of times a week to keep those muscles remembering what to do. You could use this as a warm up to an X dvd, so it wouldn’t add on that much extra time. It could be particularly useful before yoga x to loosen you up. I’m getting great results with the yoga by doing a little cardio first to get the muscles warm. You could just use the platform and then one riser. IMO, 90 even 60 days is a long time to not do an activity.

Traci – I hope that you are feeling better.

BBl with personals,

Tracy

I'm baaaaack! Tuned the harp, sat with dd for fingering exercises and a couple of songs. She took the initative to learn Beauty & the Beast's "Be Our Guest". I think her teacher will be encouraged and pleased to see a her have a little desire to learn on her own. I had to step away and let her figure out Amazing Grace on her own or else she'll need additional therapy as an adult! I am an Asian mother! LOL

Tracy-X: Oh! That is a GREAT idea! I think I'll add on the warm up and first combo of Low Impact Step before Yoga-X tonight without any risers. I think I'll buy LIC and start learning those as warm-ups too. Yipee shopping! With all your Shiva talk, I'm starting to wonder if I should get that too post-X. Glad it's working so well for you! Yesterday's workout makes me wonder if you're not just pulling our leg. It looks like an awesome workout! Are you really injured??? ;-)

Traci-X: Sorry to cut you off. Duty calls. Good for you getting all your workouts accomplished! Is doubles getting you leaner than classic? I know a lot has to do with eating. But, darn! That's a lot of working out y'all Doublers are doing! * I'll have to see if I can buy a small amount of Soy Lite plain. I don't think I'd be interested in flavored soy milk though. So, the plain one sounds better. I'm a bit leery of trying soy milk again. I can't remember the brand I tried. I think it was Silk? Does that sound familiar? Also, I think I'll be holding back on cereal for breakfast. I've discovered those early carbs increases my appetite for the day! * I remember you talking about high intensity cardio when you first started round 2. I can see how that would interfer with the muscle gains. You know, I went into the whole X thing without any expectations. I'm pleasantly surprised with my strength gains, even if it causes me to be a stepping mess!!! It can only help in the long run!

Amy: Check you out! Starting the check-in at 3 o'clock in the AM. * Are your knees giving you some trouble now? Yes, protect those babies!!! We've only got one pair to last us a lifetime. Let us know what the doctor has to say. * Don't worry about calling me Debra! I call my kids their siblings' names ALL the time; even when I get a ton of sleep. I usually end my roll call list with adding, "Oh! You KNOW who you are!!! Just get over here!" I won't be winning Mother of the Year anytime soon! LOL * Your body must be conditioned to working and sleeping at hours different from the majority of society. I often wonder if everyone homeschooled their children would our society would have the same kind of 9 to 5 internal clock? I guess it comes from being able to go to places less crowded while the children are in school, and driving during school time traffic jams which you don't see when school is let out. Anyhoo... Sweet Dreams to you!!!

Teddygirl: How nice that the weekend is over and we have you back! :) Had to rub it in, didn't ya! Three more pairs of glorious shoes to add to your wardrobe! Beautiful!!! Have fun with LowMax! Those intensity blasts KILLS me!

Debra-X: Hope your dd gets her cough cleared up. Nothing worse than having a spring/summer cold. I have to make an appointment for one of my twins. I suspect that she has allergies. She's constantly complaining that her head hurts, and her eyes are sometimes ringed in red.* Take it easy this coming month with working out. You've got a lot on your plate with the move!

Jeanette-X: You know, that lump in your stomach sounds normal to me. I get that once in awhile to where it affects my heartrate while exercising. Too bad it had to happen before your climb. If you happen to do the TT on Tuesday, just make a note next to your time as a reminder of what your body was going through. Remember, you're only competing against yourself. Right? Traci did mention a positive in all of this. If this is your body's week to be weak, it'll be cleared up before your triathlon!!! :) BTW, I'm sure the lady appreciated you all riding beside her. It must be scary for a first timer. * Phil still has to replace the battery. Hopefully, it won't cause any problems till then. I don't forsee me cranking up the A/C and radio for 30 minutes anytime soon! ;-) * I'd love to hear some details on the knee strengthing exercises you did! My left knee is feeling weak these days. In plyo, I subbed pretend jump ropes for the left leg cross (bouncing on one leg in the shape of a cross). I knew the left knee wasn't up to the task. * I left Phil alone while he was working. I want a kitchen more than a workout partner! As you can see, I'm able to get both by working out while the bars are closing down. ;-) That was smart move on the manager's part. I think more managers should listen closely to their workers POV and be able to admit their mistakes and lapses of judgement. Phil's supervisor wanted to talk to him. But, not to hear Phil's thoughts. He already knew them from talking to Phil's oldest brother. Oldest laid it all out there with no reservations. Supervisor only wanted to give Phil a pep talk about family, etc... (Insert rolling eyes since dh is one of the most LOYAL men I know.) He offered no solutions and didn't acknowledge any misconduct on his or the MC's part. Looks like the Powers that Be will have to deal with this mess. I'm not worried. Phil has a good reputation in his local, unlike others. ;-) He can find another job in a heartbeat.

Well, I have to get ready to go. Hi to all who follow!

Blessings,
Wendy

Happy to report that 45 minute Cardio Coach run is completed.... That takes care of todays workouts... gotta get to studying now.

Where are all the Xers?

MIA: Sandra X - traveling home today I think
Jeanette X - PLEASE dont be sick!
Debra X- Shopping again?
Laurie X- Still resting from weekend?
Kaite - I think we've lost her for good!
Nicole - Back problems????

Happy afternoon to TeddyGirl, Amy, Tracy x, Wendy aka: Midnight Xer......Back later for personals!

Good morning,

Bet you're wondering what I'm doing on here at this time of the morning on a Monday workday? Well, I woke with a teensy weensy itty bitty feeling of that lump in my stomach still. Decided to make sure that I could get rid of it without stress from work and called in sick. What the heck, I have like 900 hours of sick time on the books that I've never used, so anyhows, I stayed home.

Did my workout today, which called for CTX Upper Body plus B&G abs with ankle weights. My upper body is feeling nice and toasty, especially biceps that were still a little sore from last week (ME Upper Body work). I'm not tired today, though I was exhausted yesterday afternoon after the bike ride. I think I will get on my bike at some point today and spin my legs out good, in preparation for tomorrow's Time Trial. My DH is home today (his regular day off) and is helping our other son with some floor joists in a bathroom. He said he'd be home by around 3:00 p.m. and then we'll head out to the woods with the dogs for some relaxation.

Amy, hope the visit goes well with your IL's. So nice when one gets along with them. My DH loves mine, but not the same situation for me and his mother. She has some serious mental issues and has actually seen Elvis sneaking around her trailer. Okay, no more about her. Have a great yoga session today. Love the feeling of going home and knowing you have a whole vacation ahead of you. Enjoy!

Traci, that's exciting about the shirts. Give Lea my best too! She's such a sweetie and someday hope to see her back on here. Glad you got in Intense Moves. I like Gin a lot and I like the little countdown thingie down at the bottom that shows how much time left in the interval. Thanks for telling me about your week before marathon experience. Actually, mine is 2 weeks away and glad as TTOM is supposed to hit this coming weekend, though it really doesn't bother me too too much. Smart of you to skip "scarecrows". Why risk tweaking the shoulder?

Teddygirl, glad you had a wonderful weekend. More shoes? I just discovered Zappos and think we'll be good friends. I really need some more pants and those are hard for me to buy. I'm kind of a tweener between petite length and regular length.

Wendy, you are really a nightowl!!! I can't believe your energy! Plyo at midnight! Double rock star jumps! You rock for sure! Glad your neck is fine today. I actually had a little burning in my elbow joint this morning while doing tricep French Presses and immediately backed down. Don't want any kind of problem like that. I think Tracy is right on in her suggestion to keep a little bit of step in there. For me, it was a matter of getting my knees "used" to doing step. I love Shiva's Yoga Shakti and now interested in her new one that Tracy's been doing. I know what you mean about the "doubles" being a lot of work. I only want to do 60 minutes or so of a workout in the morning, plus a couple sessions in the evening of my bike time. However, this morning was very nice not having to look at the clock and cutting short my workout. I'll try to find the link for the knee strengthening exercises. That way it would have pictures for you. I think the gal liked us riding with her, but sometimes people don't as they feel they are holding you up, or they feel like they have to ride harder than they normally would. She seemed pleased with herself and she should be, it was a pretty good climb to the lunch stop. Her ride down to the valley sounded like she enjoyed it very much. Ooh, found this link on knee strengthening exercises: http://www.bigkneepain.com/knee-exercises.html

Got to go now, hi to Debra, Nicole, Swiftie, Laurie, Sandra, Tracy!

Jeanette

I'm here ladies!!! I'm here, I'm here!!! Tony has not done me in yet. Whew, things have been INSANE in my life for the past week. I had my final in my Sociology class (I got a 98% in the class:7 ) last week, we are closing on the house next week, and through all of that.... I got a new job!!! I'm so excited, but have left my current employer in a tight position. So, I'm frantically training to get them some staff before I leave in two weeks.
Still X'ing away! I actually did skip my X stretch workout yesterday because DH got a membership to this new HUGE gym that's kind of like a fitness country club. It's absolutely amazing and I am like a kid in a candy store. So, I made him take me both Saturday and Sunday. I would get my own membership in a heartbeat, only it's by his new office and not near our house.;( However, my new employer has 2 fitness centers on site, so I can't wait to check those out. Anway, I knew I said I would do my P90X as written and not do anything additional, but I couldn't help myself. They have all this new state of the art cardio equipment that I HAD to try, and next weekend I think I'm going to try their spin class.
Anyway, I've missed you ladies. I'm sure you're all kicking butt. I'll try to check in as much as I can, but if I disappear for a couple days (or a week:-( ) just know that I'm still here and Tony is still kicking my butt.:+

Katie

Hello, hello! I'm here...and no, I haven't been shopping today...just lots of loose ends for our move. I also rode about 10 miles on the trails today. Nice ride....the weather is great and there are a few small hills but nothing major....which is good for the novice rider! I also did back and planks from SH today...back into my groove! Tomorrow is yoga and tris....and then I still have chest left since I took my rest day yesterday since I was too tired from shopping. So I guess, I will do cardio and chest on Wednesday. I want to take as few rest days as possible this month since I am going to have very little time to work out in June between our move and vacation.

Yesterday was DH's and my 12th anniversary and I was sad to be here without him. It doesn't look like we'll get to see each other in May as planned...but we'll have about 10 days together in June. The weather is just phenomenal here...which is a good thing....of course, that happens right before we move!

Okay...onto some personals...

Traci...Sounds like you had a good workout today. How is the studying coming? Glad the shoulder is feeling better. It's good you got some lovey time in with DH this weekend. What kickboxing vids have you found that compare to kenpo? I have been struggling to find ones that are just drills and not "combos"....I tried the one Billy...and it was okay...I did Amy Bento this weekend and didn't like it at all...she didn't cue very well and I had a problem keeping up because of that. She just started into a combo with out saying which side to start on. I got frustrated about 20 minutes in and changed over to Cathe CTX kickboxing to finish up. I haven't tried the Tracey one yet or the one you sent me...Hopefully I will find something else that I like soon.

Amy...Hope you had a good rest of your evening at work. And hope yoga went smoothly today...Did you feel anyone licking ice cream off of you or did you listen to Tony yell? I, too, notice my knees becoming more painful when I do higher impact. It's so nice to get older! And if it makes you feel any better, sometimes I call DD by the dog's name.

Teddygirl...Sounds like you have a busy workout day planned. I am a big shoe nut myself. When we had showings on our house, people would comment about how many shoes I had. I bought another pair when I was in NC, too! I also pack a lot when I go anywhere...for example, I was gone for 6 days and I took 6 shoes and bought a pair while I was gone....and let me just add I wore each of them at least once!

Wendy...We are in the process of weeding out some old toys and things...I can't get rid of books either...but DD did fill up a box of old toys. I think with my help, we can probably make that 2 boxes! I've been wondering if DD has allergies too since DH does...but she seems a bit better today. It just seems like this cold has hung around for a long time.

Jeanette....Hope your tummy is feeling better. Glad you took a sick day...especially since you have so many! Have fun with your DH and the girls tonight. So, how long does it take you to do about 30 miles on the bike...assuming no big hill or major stops? My legs probably had another 10 miles left in them, but just didn't have the time. I am sure I go really slow. But I enjoyed myself on the trails today. It was nice not to have to worry about traffic. When we get moved to NC, we are kind of out in the country, so I am looking forward to using the roads there. I am going to have to scope out the local trails, though.

Tracy...Hope your day at work eased off a bit. Have fun with Eion and the nectar tonight. Hope you get those pups a nice walk too! Mine went out to play with the neighbor dog and was worn out after about 20 minutes and has been sleeping ever since.

Okay...gotta take DD to dance...Hi to everyone that I didn't mention...I am sure I will be back later this evening to check on everyone.

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 4/ Day 1/ Round 1

YogaX

Hi Ladies,

I have been on this computer for 3 days planning our trip and I am worn out. My back is of course killing me from sitting here. I finally switched to my stability ball for a chair hoping it would help and it did, a little. I was soooo bummed yesterday when I got on the scale and it said I had gained 4 pounds. My pants are tight in the legs but looser in the waist. The funny thing is I've never worried about my legs just my belly and now it's flipped. I'm hoping recovery will lengthen them out.

Traci-X - Glad your shoulder didn't bug you during Kenpo. Let me know what you think of the Slim Series. I am so miserable while sitting here on the computer, I hope to take a break soon. Maybe I can get a massage on vacation:)

Amy- We're going the second week of June and staying for 8 days, yeah! How are you feeling? You sure are up early there girl:)

Jeanette- Good job on riding the tough ride with an upset stomach. It sounds like a ride my husband would enjoy. He rides a Madone/Bontrager (that's what it says on the bike:) and he really likes it. He just purchased a new seat that is better for men and it has helped him have a more comfortable ride. Glad you stayed home to recoup. Enjoy the time outdoors with your DH.

Wendy- Way to go Phil, add something to the list of things to do:) You are so dedicated to workout so late. I get tired just reading your post and thinking about working out that late:) I guess I'll know if my knees can handle Cathe when I go back. I'm looking forward to CSyn tomorrow.

Teddygirl- Sounds you had a fantastic weekend!

Debra- Happy Anniversary! Bummer you didn't get to be with your DH. Sounds like your on track with your workouts. Enjoy the beautiful weather!

If I am spelling words wrong left and right, sorry. I don't have Word so I have to handwrite all my personals and re-type them so no spellcheck.
Have a great day!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Nicole,

OMW, Girl! Don't handwrite your personals!!! I'm too lazy for all that! Here are some alternatives other than using Word...

If you are using Internet Explorer:
Click on someone's picturetrail link to open up another Internet Explorer Window. Once the new window is open, use it to go back to the Xer's check-in to reply. Then just toggle back and forth or minimize one window while you're reading or replying in the other.

If you are using AOL:
Click on Write Mail to write your reply. Resize the mail to only take up half the page. Then move the mail so that the bottom is lined up with the bottom of the page. That way if you toggle back and forth, you can find the mail box easily when the page you are reading is covering it. Once you are finished writing your personals. Copy and paste it into the reply box. You can also spell check using this option.

I'm not sure what other people use. But, handwriting personals take sooo much time!!!

On another note... Is it coming up on TTOM for you? It could be that your legs just needs to debulk too. I noticed my legs measured 1/2" smaller than normal during recovery week. My weight stayed about the same. I haven't weighed myself lately. Too scared after being a piggy!!!

Enjoy YogaX. Have you thought about doing one of Cathe's warm-ups and 1 step combo prior to yoga? It was Tracy's suggestion for me to get back into step. I'm going to try it out tonight.

Blessings,
Wendy

Hi gals! I'm back...

Katie..Sorry I missed you before...We must have been posting at the same time...Sounds like you have even more irons in the fire than me! check in when you can...and just know we'll be here cheering you on when you do. Good for you for being able to keep up with your workouts during your hectic time.

Nicole...Vacations are a lot of work! I've never been to Yellowstone...we usually take tropical vacations. We're pretty lazy and like to lie around in the sun like lizards and do nothing. Sorry your back is bothering you. Just wait until recovery week....I promise...it's magic! From what I have gleaned from fellow Xers when you work your muscles as hard as you do during the X they tend to retain water...and that all gets flushed away during recovery. I'm no help with the writing of personals....I always feel lucky if I don't lose my post!

Wendy...Have fun warming up with step tonight...What is Phil going to do?!? Replace some more floors?

Okay...I'm going for now. I will try to post some new pics later.

ta-ta for now!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Wendy,

I'm such a nut too not think of that. Oh, the hours you just saved me!

As for the bulk, I am hoping it's partly water weight because after seeing the scale go down for so long, I do NOT like seeing it go up. I think I might switch the one day of PlyoX to Cathe just because my back and my knee aren't too excited about the jumping. For some reason high-impact step doesn't bother me. I think there is a bit more give to the step than just banging onto the wood floor. I said I wouldn't deviate at all but 4 lbs. might make me one day a week:)

Nicole

-Earl of Derby-

Debra-

I wish I could go somewhere that I could soak up the sun but with an 8,6 & 2 year-old it isn't gonna happen yet. Maybe in a few years.

I wasn't even going to weigh myself yesterday but I thought it would be good for comparison after recovery week is over. I hope it's different:)

Nicole

-Earl of Derby-

Hello,
Got my easy spin in early this afternoon. DH was home from helping DS out by the time I returned. I quickly showered and we headed for the woods. Had a nice time. I got out my blanket, folding camp chair, magazines, book, Snapple tea and read for a while, then dozed a bit. It was very relaxing. We were at the site where I think we will be camping on Memorial Day weekend. This is the same place where we were camping last Memorial Day and got snowed out overnight. We had to ditch the trailer and go back home. Hopefully, that won't happen this year. I also have a bike century ride that Saturday in a nearby town.

Katie, so good to hear from you. My, my you have been a very busy gal! But so good to hear you are sticking with the X! We have some very determined ladies on this check in for sure! What kind of a job are you going to? The new gym membership sounds fantastic! You sound so excited! Hey, it won't hurt to throw in some extra stuff besides P90X. Have fun!

Debra, 10 miles on the trails sounds really good and fun! I need to get the mtn. bike out some time soon. Was telling DH that for our camping trip on Memorial Day, we will bring the mtn. bikes, maybe even do some night riding on the trails. I have a new night riding headlamp that goes on my head. That is so much fun, you wouldn't believe it. Makes me sad that you couldn't share your anniversary with your DH. Happy 12th for you two though! Thanks for asking about my stomach. It's better, but gassy, gassy TMI! Hope all that is "passed" by tomorrow when I go to work. 30 miles on the road bike on flat ground, with no wind would probably take around an hour and a half or so, but on a mtn. bike, it will take longer. I highly, highly, highly recommend a mirror that fits onto your sunglasses. It's a must if you are riding on roads or even bike paths as you can see what's coming up behind you before you even hear anyone else. The one I and a lot of other riders around here use is a "Take A Look" mirror. I'd rather be without my water bottle or camelbak than without my mirror, it's that valuable to my safety.

Nicole, sorry about the back bothering you. Are the spider crawly feelings still with you? When are you planning on going to Yellowstone? Sorry about the weight gain, but I'll bet it's water weight and bet a bunch of that is released during your Recovery Week. That's next week for you, isn't it? Come to think of it, I need to have a recovery week next week as I haven't scheduled one in since the X. That'll be fun designing something. I've got some TLT's that I haven't done in a while. Your DH's bike is a Trek Madone? Those are really, really nice bikes! I have a Trek 5200 (carbon fiber) that is about 4 years old now I think. Love it so much!

Wendy, I'll just think of the time trial tomorrow as my "one hard ride" a week that I do. A good bike workout will be what I'm after, not necessarily a personal best again (though it's always nice).

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Helloooo!!!!!!! We're home! It's 11:30pm, which is now like 1:30am to me, due to spending the last week out east, and I've finally got everything put away from the trip, and did a quick grocery shop for fresh milk, etc. It's been a heck of a past few days. We're all happily exhausted. Every cell in my body is saturated with simple carbs, caffeine, and even wine, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be having serious withdrawl symptoms for the next few days. TraciX - I won't be daring enough to step on the scale for quite some time! Talk about decadent eating.....Ah, but you only live once!

Okay, I have to go to bed now. Tomorrow's a good day to start again. I have 6 CDs full of digital pictures (1 is video). There should be something post-worthy on there! I'll have to find some time for uploading pics tomorrow, and catching up on what's been going on around here. I'm looking forward to hearing how you've all been doing!

Oh Wendy - I keep meaning to ask you: do you live in a part of the world where rainbows are scarce occurances?

Hello to everyone! Talk to you tomorrow!
SandraX

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.