Xers ~~~MONDAY~~~

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Monday!
So glad to be back in touch with everyone this morning! So it sounds like graduation festivities were enjoyed by all! Reading all your posts takes me right back to that awesome feeling of accomplishment… HOORAY & ^^ 5 to Sandra, Jeanette, & Laurie!.
Debra your graduation is today, right? HOORAH!!!!!!!
So is anyone waking up today feeling a bit lost even tho you have a plan? Just know whatever you decide to do you will be “shocking” your body so it will all be good!

Weekend: LowMax – felt good and felt like a leg workout now that I knew what to focus on! I slowed pace when I was losing intensity in legs so I could “get lower”. My booty felt it Sunday morning. Took yesterday off… STILL no Stott Pilates – so I will try to work that into todays scheduled workout – TaeBo Circuit 1 (YES! It came over weekend!) Eating over weekend was a disaster! I was on a mission to eat every powdered mini donut in Sargeant TX! I am feeling the crankiness of that far more than the bloat. Sugar makes me EVIL the next day….. Back on track today with Tosca Clean Eating Program. I am just about done with the Drs no yeast thing so it shall be a happy week!

I’ll do personals a few at a time as so much went on since I left Friday and I want to capture each moment with you guys!
Just quickly from my late night memory…. Debra going to Dr for wrist? OH NO on wrist!.... Lea…. Had a blast snowboarding, is facing fears, hurt knee???? OMG!
BRB to see who checked into ER last night!

So happy to be back- I miss you silly ladies like crazy! I think I talked for an hour to DH about each of you on Friday’s road trip!

~~~~~~~~ A Couple of Personals! ~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D Debra X: So what BIG PLANS do you have to celebrate graduation today??? Hope nausea after Friday’s workout turned out to be a fluke and not a flu bug… OF COURSE you and DD can come hang out in warm Texas! I bet the change of scenery would do you both good! Hope you get an offer on Saturdays showing! Maybe people just don’t like being cold & parting with money! Throw some cinnamon bread in the oven and warm up that house! What Pilates did you do on Saturday? Is it a worthy ab exchange for ARX? I’m obviously still looking for variety- plus I could use the “lengthening “look Pilates is supposed to provide. I own Windsor (not a fan).. Love Ellen Barrett ones so far and will EVENTUALLY get to try my rented Stott Pilates. Keeping fingers crossed that a CC geek can walk you thru the downloading process. I wish I could be of help but I still think downloading my ipod is more trouble than its worth sometimes! I am NOT a techie! LOL at “It was a lot like ARX without the yelling!” lololol…. You’ll be missing Tony is 2 weeks! LOL Thanks for heads-up about irritating instructor on The Method Kick… I don’t deal with instructor incompatibility even if it is a good workout. Keep us posted on that wrist situation and what Dr says… I know you’re dying to get back to Downward Doggies & Vinyasa’s!

:D Steph: ROFL: “I basically know, when my son is on the bottom, it’s bad, and when he’s on the top, it’s usually good.”…. Sounds so familiar! The important thing is that you are there supporting him right?! YES- Billy Blanks is the Ab Bootcamp guy… I got it for 7 bucks on Amazon so I bet you could find it cheaper on eBay.. I’m just not a fan of eBay since DH had CC charges that were not his posted to account. I tend to stay clear of them. Anyway…. It would be very easy to break this one into 2 (I will probably do that in future). Standing would be 20 minutes then floor right at 15 minutes. ^^^5 for getting back on the wagon Sunday! I always found Core Syn tough to just “push play” for some reason. That’s motivation girl! Was your Jefferson Resume part of a class you are taking? Sounds fascinating! When is official graduation day now? You can do it! We’re gonna pull you across that finish line too!
:D

Hi all,

Looks like you all were busy with comments yesterday! I'll have to catch up later. I didn't get back in time yesterday to do anything but fix dinner and then go to bed. It was a beautiful day, around 40 and we hiked around for a couple of hours and were outside for most of the day. Then I ate a hot dog, hamburger and keilbasa (sp?). That's more fat than it seems like I eat in a week! Oh well, it tasted good. That kind of stuff doesn't mess with my psyche, probably my waistline......I was so tired after being out in the cold for so long and just couldn't seem to get warm even with a shower.

I'm doing LowMax this morning and adding some squats etc. to it. I have to stay a little late at work, so I'm going in a little later. Then when I get home I'll do tri/bi/delts (something I came up with). That should put me on track since I missed yesterday's workout.

Happy Monday to all,

Tracy

OH, I forgot, congratulations Debra. Sandra, Jeanette, and Laurie have fun with the new freedom of choice for your workouts!

Tracy

~~~~~ Last of Personals ~~~~~~~~~~~

:7 TRACY X: What a fabulous day yesterday! I agree about the fat! Makes me happy not mean like the sugar… If I could live without grains I’d be in Atkins Heaven I guess.
Quite a workout day planned… YOU GO GIRL! I will have to try and find a cheap Powerstrike out there as I keep hearing great things about it… Are those the ones on VHS only? I think I recall them being around 20 bucks last time I looked… I totally agree about the pics in all the mags… I would have much more awe & respect if I knew there were no airbrushing involved or even “enhancement” surgery / pills. I think there’s a HUGE market for those of us that want o look our absolute best the natural way… Even a few extra bumps & curves is fine with me. I like a natural look. I think that’s why I love Cathe & crew… If you look REALLY REALLY hard – every person has a normal “spot” so you just know its not enhanced. I love that! How cool you guys have some get away property! It just feels nice knowing there’s an option as far as getting away. Glad you warmed up a bit over the weekend!

:7 Monica: Hope all is well with you! I didn’t see any posts so hope I just didn’t miss something. Are you still doing weight segments of X? If so do you have a “completion” date or will you just keep doing those without a break?

:7 LAURIE X: Must have been some party! Hope it was terrific and that you had a great weekend! Congrats on completing the X! Ready for your next round????

:7 Jeanette X (aka: Netta Van Petta!): Sundays ride sounds awesome as usual! So funny how you describe those Northern California temps as “Warmed up”! lol. I was normally in central and Southern most of my life so Northern temps were frigid to me! Curious as to your ab plans for new rotation… Keep us posted on intensity levels! Thanks for sharing your “code name” story! I just knew someone would be more creative than I was! Makes me want to change mine but shoot – its hard to lose your identity! Lol A new stove sounds grand! I bet each new model is made to warm stronger.. That would be nice for sure! HOORAY on finishing up newsletter… You had quite a busy weekend. I will fight you all the way on fluffy vs fat terminology! We are FLUFFY!! Now this one sounds interesting… Bryan Kest's Intensive Body Sculpting. Is it a YOGA? On the fishing… I’m with ya on boredom factor! I only go out with DH if the fish are biting… I always take a book and usually end up sitting down and reading! Must say the first time I hooked a baby shark I was pretty excited… Both the shark & I wet our pants! LOLOL – we had been out for a LONG time!!! LOLOLOL.

:7 LEA X: Are you alive &kicking today? OMG on the knee! What a crazy thing to happen! NO SNOWBOARDING one you start X round 2 with me!! A knee sprain does not sound like fun my dear… Is there a brace involved? Does it ache all the time? Will it get you sympathy & gifts & help around the house? (That might make it all worth it!) I must say I am pretty impressed by your entire attitude! Getting hurt, having some fear and still planning on more + taking away all the good of the experience is so wonderful! I applaud your outlook on life these days my friend!

:7 SANDRA X: Feels so good to see that X I bet! Have to get over to Open Boards today to see your take-aways… Thanks for posting them. So were those “last 2 miles” worth the effort? LOVE your template for rotation… That seems like the ideal fit for you. Are you planning on doing the strength as Cathe does (all 1 body part) or using the X concept of rotating thru parts? BM2 on 8”? Oh my- I don’t do anything on 8” due to knee pain (I’m fine with 6) but just the intensity and duration of BM2 would make 8’ seem unbearably difficult! You are such an adrenaline junkie!! So you’re a small town girl eh? Somehow I picture you as much more worldly! UI think its because you Canadians use high level English! You are very much like my Brit friends that are US transplants!! I always feel so “proper” when I chat it up with them! LOL. Lets share the birthdays!!! Mine is March 30. A 100% true Aries if any of you follow that… Pull up a personality traits profile and you automatically know me inside & out! So how about the rest of you??? Ab Bootcamp is a Billy Blanks… very military in style but he moves so dang fast that I barely hear him! Thanks for headsup on tank sizes! I actually did take the time to measure etc… I rarely get my sizes correct but figure I’ll figure out a “style” to make it work… LOL The best part about 2007… ANY LOOK becomes a “style”! Shoot now I gotta check out Sheva Poo on the Core workout!!

Well I do believe I am all caught up! Its so much fun hearing all your scoop!
Happy Happy Monday to all…. May today be an INJURY-LESS day!
:7

Good morning,

Before I forget, thought I'd take my measurements this morning. Nothing earth shattering, but here they are.

Date 12/3/06--- 3/5/07 ------------- Difference
Weight 121.6 --- 122.2-------------- -1/2#
BF% 25.3 --- 25.7-------------- Tanita Junk Scale (who knows?)
Chest 33" --- 32 1/2"----------- -1/2"
Waist 26" --- 25"--------------- -1"
Hips 35" --- 34 3/4"----------- -1/4"
L. Thigh 20" --- 19 3/4"----------- -1/4"
R. Thigh 20" --- 19 3/4"----------- -1/4"
L. bicep 11" --- 11 1/2"----------- +1/2"
R. bicep 10 3/4" - 11 1/4"----------- +1/2"

The scale/measurements don't show a lot of difference, but I just feel leaner and look a bit leaner, so I'm happy with that, and figured how to eat consistently to pretty much keep that. Recovery Week magic hit late due to TTOM on Thursday-Saturday.

May have DH do pictures tonite after work. He's asleep now and my hair is matted from cycling yesterday, blah, blah, blah.

I've got to go make my lunch and work out. Will be back later.

Jeanette

Oh JEANETTE- Those are WONDERFUL stats! Thank you for sharing!!
I think that all those #s are incredible considering how fit you were when you started! Also- I know about the leaness & that is worth its weight in gold isnt it? FABULOUS JOB!
Hope that hair gets unmatted!!!

Morning Xers,

Yes I did finish the P90X workouts, but it was really difficult with all the things going on this weekend. I told my DH that the only time I spent at home was to eat and sleep. Anyway I only did 30 min of CoreSyn, because that was all I had time for. And Saturday was YogaX which really felt great.

The murder mystery was great fun. My name was Molly Moll and I was a want to be actress, that wasn't very good. My DH was the North Side Mob boss and my fiance. He was the one murdered. The B'day boy had to figure out who done it. The murderer was the chief of police.

On Saturday we where at a fund raiser almost all day. When we where finished I did my Yoga and then fell asleep on the couch. :D

On Sunday the girls and I went from church and headed down to IL for a bridal shower. This is the first time I have been to a bridal shower that wasn't at someones home. We didn't play any party games, Yipee! The meal was chicken breast (stuffed with some type of bead/peach filling), carrots, potatoes, and cabbage (which was quite tasty). The drive was the worst of course, total time spent in the car was going on 5 hours. x( Fell asleep at 8pm. This is a first for me. :D I'm ready for a quiet weekend.

Today I'm going to be doing KPC plus the leg conditioning drills from KM. :)

Sandra, Thanks for pointing out the sizing on the web page for the tank. I just went by what I normally wear. So I would probably need to go with a large also.

Be back later!

Laurie

Good morning everyone!!!

Today was my first day on non-P90X. So what did I throw in? Some more Tony. Anyways, I did Cathe's GS Chest and alternated my pushup types 3 ways (thanks, Sandra) for the drop sets of pushups (did them all on my toes, something I couldn't do before P90X). I then did the DB chest presses and flies and a couple sets of barbell presses along with Cathe. It was a nice change. I then went to P90 Master Series UML and did the pushups only from that. Inbetween every 3 or so chest exercise throughout the entire workout, I'd press pause, go to the Bowflex and did pullups or chinups (lat pulldowns). I don't want to lose any of my back strength that I've gained so will keep putting in these. It was a great workout and I feel very toasty AND got some arm pump. Tonite I will help DH on his workout and I will be doing a segment of Tracey Staehle's Core Conditioning.

Traci, glad you are back with us today. We all miss you when you are gone. Powdered Donuts? My downfall more often is salty. The neighbor gave DH about 3 big bags of chips and they are right on the counter. I asked DH to hide them somewhere so I couldn't see them. I want them out of sight by the time I come home from work today. Either that or I'll hide them in the dumpster. No, I really didn't say that. Good job on making LowMax tougher. New ab plans, well, I've got Ab Ripper X in there this week. It's just soooo effective that I don't mind doing it and it keeps moving along, you don't have to pause too long inbetween. I love that. The Bryan Kest Intensive Body Sculpting IS yoga, he just holds you in these different positions that cook your legs. Not that you hold one position for a long time, he just switches to different moves, but they are still working that same leg. Gets me (in the legs) more than any of his other DVD's. Maybe you can rent it on Netflix. You caught a shark? I am soo afraid of the ocean, after I saw Jaws back in the 70's no more going in the water for me. Thank goodness I'm way far away from the ocean.

Laurie, your mystery dinner sounds like it was sooo much fun. I've got to do that sometime! That meal at the bridal shower sounded really good and I'd be happy with no games either. I just like to visit. Congrats on the graduation from P90X. Have you put together any rotations?

Tracy, sounds like your hike was really fun. We tend to get polish sausages when we go camping too. They are just so easy. That and canned chili beans. It's not like we eat it every day. Enjoy Lowmax and your extra squatters.

BBL,

Jeanette

TaeBo Circuit 1….hmmmmmm. Not a bad workout just not what I was looking for. Still hoping to find Kenpo 2 and this is more like Cathe’s Kicks… a lot of high intensity cardio making power/good form behind punches & kicks almost not do-able (at least for this slow twitch girl). It’s still OK as Cathe only has the 5 kicks but not at all a Kenpo Sub. BTW: The standing abs in this thing made me realize how sore I still was from Ab Bootcamp on Friday… YOWZA- I thought I was going to have to “get the bucket” as Tony says. ANY SUGGESTIONS for another instructor that deals with Kick more like Tony?????? I’m getting desperate now… It’s been 5 weeks since I had a great Kenpo workout. I’d like a sub for my next rotation since it looks like I’ll be pulling out Kenpo this month (its heavy on kick for BF reduction).

Anyway….

LAURIE X: Good for you in doing what you did with weekend workouts! At least you got geared up and pushed play! OMG- A bridal shower with no games? Now I might actually attend one of those!!! Have a great time with KPC and those nasty nasty leg drills! Sandra’s got all of you brainwashed to do those! Lol

Jeanette X: I am so happy that you had a great 1st post P90X workout!!!! Great job in pushing yourself even tho Tony wasn’t watching! I am just so pleased that I got Master Series! It’s really been a god-send. I don’t want to get burnt out on P90X before April 1st so they will be perfect for me this month.

Hope everyone else is getting all sorts of wonderful things done today! I am off to change bed sheets then tackle the jungle in the back yard… then A SHOWER!!!! Sounds so good right now! Planning on doing Stott Pilates for Abs this afternoon if DH works late.

Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop on real quick to say good morning!

I am officially done with the X!!! I don't have a lot of stats...but I have lost about 2 pounds...which is great since I did not follow the eating plan after phase 1....And my body fat went from 22% down to 18%....WooHoo! Even if the actual percent isn't right...At least I know that I have lost BF and that is heading in the right direction!

Today is actually supposed to be a rest day...but I am planning on starting my new rotation today...I have a busy week coming up and today is the one day I don't have something to do...I'm sure I'll have to take a rest day when I don't really want to later this week. I also head out of town next Tuesday...so I will have another recovery week since I can't take my weights with me on my trip!

My planned rotation is

Day1....circuit workout using medium weights + abs
Day2....cardio
Day3...upper body split + abs
Day4...Yoga or pilates
Day5....cardio...probably intervals of some sort
Day6...upper body split + legs +abs
Day7....rest

So today I am going to do Low Impact Circuit...It is already in the DVD player and my step is set up!

Hope you guys are all well...Sorry no time for personals this morning...but gotta get going on my workout so that I have time for all of my other chores before I take DD to dance class this afternoon. Glad to see everyone here this morning! Just have to let Traci know I was thinking about you at 4 am this morning when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep...I figured you were already up and posting! I finally fell back asleep around 6am...which did not leave me with enough shut eye. Okay, I'm really going now...bbl!
Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hello there gang. How the heck are ya? Ok, so for my workout today, I lifted up my fork and put it to my mouth, and then I put it back down, picked up some more food and put it to my mouth again. Jeeze, let me tell you how sore I am from this. Great bicep workout!!;) .
So seriously, I have come to the conclusion that I will work one body part per day this week (arms only of course). Today I think I may have to sit out because the thought of hobbling over to grab weights back and forth sounds more of a workout for me than actually lifting them. Hopefully tomorrow I can start again. Now I really have to eat clean since there is zilch cardiox( . Ahhhh...what a life. I can't ask for anything more:+ .

Traci X - Yippee! You're back. OMG, your DH must be really bored of us now. LOL. An hour about us, you sweet thing!! And you got some working out in, good job!!! I'm so proud of you :D. I am glad that you had a great weekend. I think that my knee hurts worse now after getting it examined. But what am I going to do? I see people giving me this strange look while I am hobbling around. Kind of funny. And yes, I had to buy a knee brace. My DH was curious why I didn't get crutches? And I promise no snowboarding during round 2!!!!

Tracy X - Your son sounds like a riot. Those ads are nauseating. The only reason I buy certain issues of the Oxygen magazine is for the yummy recipes. I just got the Fat Loss one and I couldn't believe how much they were promoting Tosca's book. What is a keilbasa? Your day sounded wonderful. Sorry that it was cold for you though. Brrr....Great job on the working out you wild woman!!!

Jeanette X - Tee hee :+ . That feels good to put an X after your name. Great stats girl. I bet you are love love loving it. I can't wait to see your awesome pictures. I hope for your sake that your DH puts those salty, yummy, chips away. That way if you really want them, you have to play hide and go seek with them. Sounds like your ride was awesome. I am so happy for you that you are able to go out and do these sort of adventures. Great accomplishments. It seems that both of our DH's are saints. Mine puts up with a lot of whackiness from me. Probably the only guy that can, and I love him for it. Thanks for thinking of me. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Have a great day at work.

Laurie X - Wow!! Sounds like a really busy and fun weekend. LOL on your DH being the victim. Must be really great to be done with the X. And I will take note on the large. Your meal sounded heavenly. But sorry that you were in the car for so long. That would drive me crazy!!!

Sandra X - Thank you for checking out the sizes on the shirts. What a smart gal you are!!! How does it feel to finally be Miss Sandra X???? Your rotation for the week sounds great. Wow!!! BodyMax 2 with an 8" step. You wild woman. You must be really in shape now. I hope that you enjoyed your cheeseburger!!!

Steph - So you missed core synergistics? Who cares? I remember the feeling of the X getting boring at the end. Hang in there. LOL on the skiing. That is not one of my favorite sports to do either. And yes, I your feet are hooked onto the board for snowboarding. I learned my lesson really quick. I hope that you had fun cleaning:+ , one of my least favorite things to do, and if you came over here, you would be able to tell.

Debra X - Ouch on the wrist. Get that thing checked out and let us know what your doc says. Sorry to hear about Method, but thank goodness that it ws just a rental. And just saw your post, WOO HOO on being done. ^^^55555's all over the place. Yippe.

Ok gang. That about takes care of it for right now. BBL. Big Hugs to all of you gals. I really enjoy our daily check-ins. Thank you.

Lea

GS Chest & Triceps; CoreMax#1

Good morning!

It's odd to not have a "CL/PH...." thing to put at the top of my post!

Thank you soooo much to those who commented on my P90X Essay. I wrote it in large part as a summary for myself. One day I'll go back and read it, and remember the "glory" (or "gory"?) days LOL!

TraciX - It's just wonderful to see you back again. I hope you don't spend too much time at the Bay in the summer? I have a feeling you do. It sounds like such an idealic place. Powdered mini donuts? YUM! A trigger food for me, though. For you too, I see. Excellent work on LowMax. It's called "loooow"max for good reason! I'll probably have more to chat with you about later today, when I get a chance to read all your posts more thoroughly.

LeaX - OH NO on the knee sprain!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: You have SUCH a better attitude about these things than I do! I LOVE to downhill ski, but don't do it very often for fear of seriously injuring a knee. I'm so glad you enjoyed the snowboarding. I've never tried it, but I imagine when DD gets older, she'll be hauling me out there for a try. Enjoy your upper body week.

Genetics (JeanetteX) - Your measurement differences are very similar to mine! You described my own "transformation" exactly. Your sizes overall, though, are smaller. You're a tiny little thing! I'm not sure how you figure 19" thighs and a 25" waist make you bottom heavy, but I'd be thrilled with those measurements. How tall are you, btw? That's so funny that you did some Tony today, in addition to Cathe's chest work. And, also very impressive! I found the GS push ups much more "fun" when added the variety. I'm glad you liked it, too. You have a very challenging week planned. But then, you're an X-grad!

LaurieX - Congratulations on crossing the finish line!!! We're almost all here. The murder mystery dinner sounded like so much fun.

TracyX - Booooooo on having to work so much today. We miss your chat! Your workouts sounds intense as ever. I wish I had your stamina.

DebraX - Yay! Very good job on the modified yoga workout. I really hope you get that wrist checked out soon, so you can get it all fixed fast.

Stephanie - Whew!! It feels sooo good to finally do a workout you've been dreading. It's funny how we'll spend hours and hours procrastinating and dreading a workout that itself is over with in less than 60 minutes. There's a lot of wasted energy in procrastinating. I know, because I'm an expert at it :(

This morning I did GS Chest & Triceps, with each set of push ups being a different variation. I like that! After 3 months of doing chest work unweighted, I was pleased to find that I could do this workout matching Cathe pound for pound. My hands were screaming by the end of the chest work, but I was able to keep my form and boy do I feel a pump in my chest. My triceps are nice and toasty, too. I had to drop to 8lbs to finish the cross-body tricep extensions, but that was my only modification. Those are tough when your triceps are already so fatigued. When I was trying to write in my notebook at breakfast my chest muscles were trembling slightly, just holding the pencil. I'm thinking I'm in for a nasty bout of DOMS in the coming days....

CoreMax#1 was terrific. I really kept my concentration on contracting the core muscles, and when I was done the whole area felt toasty. I'm pleased with the workout. I think the reason it doesn't feel as "hard" as ARX is because you don't work your hip flexors nearly as much, and consequently, you don't breathe as heavily. I've always found ARX to be as much a cardio workout as a core one. I didn't find CoreMax challenged my cardio capacity in the same way. But my core does feel tight again, so I think it was worth my time.

Okay, time to go do the rest of life. Have a great day!
SandraX

I'm just popping in quickly, because I only have a couple of minutes, then I'll BBL to finish reading posts. I think my graduation date will be March 20. Can you guys stick with me for a couple more weeks? That would be so great to have you cheering me on for the final workouts - I'm waning here. Tonight is Kenpo, so it should be fun!

BTW, I did read your stats, Genetics (JeanetteX) (Thanks, Sandra, for letting me steal that! You're so creative!) Wow! That's really impressive - I especially thought the biceps increase was great (that's what I want) and the decrease in thighs. (Also what I want!)
Great job!

Steph

Hi all,

Low Max and weights are done and it felt great. I was sweating buckets. I only did the first 4 intervals because with the added weight work I was at 50 minutes and needed time to stretch. My glutes and hamstrings are really staying tight lately, even with the recovery week.

I think that part of the magic of the recovery week is the decreased amount of water that the muscles are holding. I feel leaner this week and I’m sure it is not because of anything else. I will say that I am ready to get back to pumping the iron and that is a good thing. I’ll be able to give it my all for the three weeks.

Just to piggy back on the lessons learned, I think that what I took away most, was to workout with a purpose. First, on a general level, progress, maintenance, or fun and that's OK, and then at the workout level for each specific workout. For me that has been huge and also to ask myself am I working hard enough? Second, was that if I am working out to make progress, then the recovery week is essential.

Jeanette – Glad you got out on your bike and had a good ride. People are starting to go out now around here, but I guess I’d be considered a fair weather rider. We have two wood stoves in our house; both are at least 20 years old. It’s funny because the older one actually burns better than the newer one. We burn a lot of wood, but my husband does tree work for a living, so we have an unlimited amount of firewood. It is quite messy and I usually am fed up with the dirty dust by now. I quit the scale years ago for that exact same reason. Once I got on it, the number ruled the rest of my day. I can tell by the clothes how I am doing. Also, a look in the mirror before getting in the shower is pretty telling too. Your rotation looks good and you’re getting your Tony fix in. That will probably ease the transition.
Sandra – Your essay was well stated. I like your rotation. I’ll be interested to see how you feel about Cathe weight work after the X, looks like you are liking it. I’ve pretty much stuck with the X type week and added extra legs, targeted cardio, and yoga. My workouts vary from 1- just under two hours per day; mainly because I’m trying to get in yoga 3 times per week. I’ve tried to allow for some flexibility related to the weather and my running, but I have a HITT day, a plyo day, and interval day and a SS cardio day along with varied leg work. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are always weight days. I’ve also stuck with the same workouts for 3 weeks, switching the second 4 weeks and alternating the last month just like the X. I know there is a place for using the stability ball during weight training, but I guess it depends on your focus. I’m just doing straight lifting, no frills with the ball. I never can figure out exactly what muscles are stabilizing me, core probably, but maybe not.
Debra – How are you shoveling snow with a bad wrist? Are you icing it? Maybe you should call a doctor, but I bet all they’ll do is tell you to rest it. Flickety Flick sounds like the way to go with the dvds, then you don’t waste any money. What looks good in the ads sometimes turns out to be real duds. Do they have a pretty good selection?
Lea – I am glad you had fun snow boarding and I am sorry that you sprained your knee. I guess you can focus on upper body and core for a few days!
Steph – Two weeks left isn’t bad. I know at the end it is like not again, but believe me, soon enough it will be a distant memory. A resume for T. Jefferson? He is my favorite historical person. His home, Monticello , is down around Charlottesville and it is fascinating to see. It has been really well preserved. He was really a genius. I wish I had your dedication to housecleaning. Somehow I can so easily put it off.
Traci – Powerstrikes are good, but the filming is second rate. I don’t care because they have great form pointers. Some people consider them intermediate, but I’ll tell you, to do all of the kicks etc with good form is darn hard. They really kick pretty quickly.
Laurie – the bridal shower sounds very nice with good food. Five hours in the car is a lot if you are not used to it. Do your kids travel well? We are seasoned car travelers at my house and log many hours in the car every summer. We did close to 10000 miles on our vacation last summer, so 5 hours is like a trip to the store.

BBL,

Tracy

Still no time for personals...just popping in to say hello before I take DD to dance. I did Low Impact Circuit today..and I found myself smiling during the whole workout! I really missed Cathe and her music and her gentle pressure to perform. I did it as produced except for the push ups...I just did bench presses and flies during the push up segment. This is the first time I have been able to do it the whole way through since right after I got all of Cathe's new videos I started the X. I was very pleased with my performance and felt good during the workout. I liked the ab workout in this one...lots of core work and not as many crunches. Also...Just a note to anyone looking for an extra burn on back...Pop in this video since Cathe uses the band for all of her back work in this one...a great add on for back days!

Okay...Sorry to run with no personals...but it might be that kind of week. I did make an appointment with an ortho to look at my wrist...I go in on Friday...just want to make sure I'm not doing any more harm to it...and find out if maybe he can help.

Just want to compliment Jeanette on her great stats!!! Way to go! I know there aren't any huge changes, but you looked great to begin with and were already so fit..I think it's wonderful that you were able to get the gains you got!

bbl!!!!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi everyone,

Just got done with Tracey Staehle's Core Conditioning. It's a good one, didn't finish it, but it really was longer than I wanted to do at one time. It worked me in a different way than I'm used to. I may be sore from this one. We'll see tomorrow. I liked her okay. I think I'll do better with it next time when I know what to expect. I had to modify one or two as they were tough on my lower back and I have a pretty strong lower back. She does have a background exerciser showing modifications. This one is more isometric as she has some moves that are holds. I did like it.

I downloaded my P90X 90 day pics to my Picture Trail, but you know what? I really can't tell much of a difference from when I first started. And you know, 1/4" is hardly much of a difference in the legs. Shoot, that could just be a difference in where you put your tape measure. DH and I were kind of laughing (in a sad way) about how we couldn't really tell much difference between the before P90X and the after P90X. I can't even imagine what kind of workout it would take to get "ripped" and I ate pretty darned clean too. I think the differences that I see are pretty subtle and I notice them because I'm pretty in tune with my body and leanness and water retention and all that stuff. But to the average person looking at me, they might notice it in my face or upper body, but not my lower body much. Maybe I lost more inches, but it wasn't in the places we measure LOL. Would I do it again? You bet, as my strength really increased. Another thing that I can tell but you can't see in pictures is that I can feel my veins in my arms right under the surface, though they don't pop out. They weren't like that before P90X. Overall, I'm happy with my upper body pretty much, lower body is Jeanettically programmed to be what it is. However, I can tell I'm headed more in the right direction than before, but then again, I'm eating cleaner than before too. Will be interested to see if I can still see differences with my new rotations and clean eating. Okay, enough of me. I may leave the pictures up for a little while, but all in all, nothing that will win cash awards on the Beachbody site. Maybe it's time to try something different again.

Traci, can't help you with kickboxing workouts. I only own Cathe's KPC, KickMax and Taebo Advanced Ripped (which I plan on doing soon). I'll be anxious to hear how the Stotts Pilates goes today. Have fun in the jungle.

Debra, congratulations on your weight loss and BF% loss!!! That is awesome! You worked hard and deserve it! Thank you for the compliments. I really was hoping for better, but hey, guess I'm headed in somewhat the right direction and learned a lot.

Lea, you are cracking me up about the exercise using a fork. I am so sorry about your knee bothering you. I sure hope it heals quickly. Hey you may just get changes without any cardio too. A kielbasa is a sausage as in Polish Sausage I believe. They sell all kinds of them in packages in the meat dept. They are tasty but full of fat. I like them with mustard on them, on a french roll with sauteed onions and peppers.

Sandra, I so enjoyed your post on the Open Discussion. I'm short, 5'2" and actually the tallest of 4 girls in my family. I tower over them LOL! We're all built pretty much like our mother, low centers of gravity, sturdy hobbit people we are. I'm already rethinking my rotation after looking at my pictures tonite. I'm starting to think a Slim Series rotation might shake things up, but of course with some cardio and yoga thrown in. Hmmm.... Might come up with something else tomorrow. Believe me, I'm bottom heavy, as you can see from the pics. I see these other gals who are waaaay overweight and then they start exercising and the legs start slimming up and leaning out and they get definition. Me, doesn't happen for. GAAAAH! I just feel kind of frustrated tonite. You matched Cathe on your weights today? My 15#ers felt pretty good. I maybe could have tried the 20#ers, but don't think I would have lasted, not at her count, but then again, what did I learn from P90X? You reminded me that I could throw in a Coremax every now and then too. I'm going to stick with ab/core work 3X a week like before.

Steph, thanks for the congrats. I hope you have some good stats for yourself. My biceps get really big when I workout, lots of arm pump, but it goes away within about an hour. I think I'm up almost an inch when I've measured during "the pump".

Tracy, glad you are enjoying the "deflating" of the muscles during Recovery Week. I think that's what happens to me too and I love that feeling as basically, I want muscle with little cushion (fluff) on top of it. That's great that you have plenty of wood to burn. I really don't mind too too much, but there are plenty of other things I'd rather do. I'm always nervous when DH cuts the trees down and then I'm nervous someone will cut themselves. I'm just not a calm person sometimes. You should see me in a car with my DH driving. Not a pleasant thing for him or me. Sometimes he just pulls over and lets me drive. We'd never last 10,000 miles together in a car. He'd have to get a roll of duct tape for my mouth.

Got to go get ready for bed. I'm feeling a bit bummed about my pics.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.