Xer's Monday Madness

Good evening,

Well, it will be back to work tomorrow, work 3 days and then off for another 4. Think we will be leaving Friday morning to go camping. DH and I disconnected the woodstove this morning and then headed out to the woods with the dogs, ice chest, chairs, blanket and magazines. Had a very nice relaxing time. Even DH came and laid down on the blanket with me after taking a couple walks thru the woods looking for firewood trees. That's a first for him to lay down and relax with me. It was very nice. Got back, ate dinner and I mowed both the lawns, mopped the kitchen floor and did some odds and ends.

Got an email from one of my friends that our women's triathlon relay team got 1st place! Of course, there were only 2 all ladies teams, but hey, it's still first. I did compare my bike time to all of the other relay riders (men and women) and out of 11 riders, I had the 2nd fastest time, so I was very pleased with that.

Lily, good job on CST. I liked that workout too, lots of variation to it. Keep working on the eating, it makes a big difference. I like dessert out at a restaurant. I'll skimp on the dinner, but love to indulge on the dessert.

Traci, sorry about DH's great aunt passing. Sounds like you have good memories of you and she together. What workout is Totally Hot Cardio from? Who is the instructor for it? Are you feeling really strong now that your period is over? You did a mishmosh of Cardio Coach? Me, I have to know what's coming up next so I can mentally pace myself. Tillie is really doing well, but seems a bit tired tonite. Probably from all the running around the dogs did out in the woods today. After all, she did have anesthesia just a couple days ago and may still be not quite up to par.

Cheryl, what is big life improvement about? Is there a reason that you slipped in a couple of Cathe workouts? Are you enjoying the X? Hope so, but some people don't like all the structure and I totally understand. Thanks for the well wishes for Tillie.

Debra, glad you got in to the doctor, got some antibiotics and hopefully will recover quickly. Please don't push the workouts, you really, really need to let your body recover and fight the bad bugs. Yes, Tillie had her eye removed, poor baby. The triathlon was so much fun, tons of riders along the way, and yes, I really benefited by riding the route the weekend before. You are right, I am doing the rotation with GS and SH. I got to wondering, when do you do abwork? Guess I may have to cut back on the cardio and slip in some abs. Fine with me as I don't need all the cardio anyway. What is Willpower and Grace about? I've heard that title before but don't know what it is. The farmer's market in your new town sounds really good. Local wines, yep that's what I'll be bottling in about another week or so. Hope it doesn't taste like vinegar.

Nicole, sending good vibes out for better eating for you. Believe me, I don't have it down well at all. Was actually shocked to see that I'd lost a few pounds since the last time I'd weighed. Guess dark chocolate is the secret ;). You were anorexic? How did you get over that, and at what age? Believe me, as you get older, the weight does not want to come off. I have this sneaking suspicion that Cathe probably weighs much more than we all think, just because she has so much muscle. I saw lots of different physiques this weekend at the triathlon. I saw some gals that were very bulky in their arms, and I really didn't care for the look at all. I mean big, wide triceps, and short arms. I have short arms too, so don't want to build any more muscle. Saw people running and riding in bathing suits and you couldn't pay me enough to do that. Ouch!! I think it's great that folks can be uninhibited about how they look. I'm getting a bit better about that. I may have weighed 119 this morning, but no one would ever say that I was thin. Maybe thin fingers or thin wrists or thin bustline LOL. There's no mistaking where I pack my weight on. I'll have to check out the Yoga for Triathletes link. Can't do it until I post this or this post will be history. Learned that finally, the hard way.

Teddygirl, you did good on the water intake, maybe you will be up all night getting rid of it. Love that feeling. Hate it when it's all going in and none out.

Wendy, glad you got some Yoga done. I'm a bad one to crack the whip on you for doing YogaX, I think I only did it like once or twice. Re: the 56 miles, really, it's very doable, and not that tough. Heck doing a Cardio Coach is probably much tougher. When I first started, I thought 20 was a huge accomplishment, never imagined doing a century ride (100 miles). I don't know how the Tanita scale works with BF%. I think it always registers higher because it hits the fat in my legs first and can't pass thru it to get to my "ripped" upper body. Maybe I should do a handstand when I get on the scale. I recently got locked out of the house and had to enter thru the bathroom window, headfirst. That's about how it was, handstand onto the floor, hoping not to break my arms. No, my niece hasn't called yet about Tillie, though she told my daughter about what happened the next day. DH is still pretty mad. It would all be much better if they did call and ask and at least offer to pay the bill. I was going to present them with the bill, but it would probably be the end of pleasant family times, and in the big picture, I really don't want to do that. Your grandmother ironed underwear? Is that where they get the saying about starch in your shorts? I can't imagine someone ironing their underwear, sheets, whatever. I'm pretty much a slob, though I usually iron something to wear every morning. Can't wait to see the before and after photos of your kitchen. From sponge blue to beautiful maple. You deserve that and I can picture you making a wonderful CC in your newly remodeled kitchen. I printed out the CC recipe and will be heading to the store tomorrow or Wedn. to pick up the ingredients. Wedn. night will be CC baking day!!!

See y'all in the morning,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.