Xers====Mistical Monday========

Hi all,
Why am I always so late on here? I really need to get to bed, but wanted to post about my day. Did a very short bike ride as my pulled shin muscle (down by the front of my ankle) was bothering me so kept the ride short. Just rode to my parents house and visited with them for a bit, then returned. About 8 miles total I think, but a very nice evening and I spent time looking at the cows, birds and horses along the way.

DH's first day was very different for him. He spent just about the whole day filling out paperwork, getting orientated, being shown around the prison, issued an ID card, etc, etc. He just wants to work, not all that other stuff. I told him that everyone comes in at this high level of energy and eventually comes down and goes with the flow. He'll adjust, everyone does.

Oh yes, tomorrow is my first golf class thru the local community college. Really looking forward to it. The class will only be about 8 weeks long and then the time changes and no more class until Spring.

Debra, not good with your stomach acting up. Years ago when I used to have marital problems, my stomach would be affected. Now I need some problems so I can lose some weight!!! However, it'd probably have the opposite effect, like Sandra said. Glad you enjoyed your bike ride. Did you get your bike cyclometer installed? No, I wouldn't ride circles around you at all. We would have a blast for sure!!! I'd love to be back there, enjoying some new country. Actually, my dream is to someday go to Italy and do one of those cycling vacations where you ride some, eat some, drink some, etc, etc.

Anointed, I know the feeling of just going nuts on the eating. I haven't been too good lately, but chalking that up to an abundance of family gettogethers, that always have food involved. Okay, you're back on the wagon again, and before you know it, we'll be hearing how you've lost too much weight. Glad you are enjoying your gc so much. I will be watching my 2 this Saturday.

Laurie, I worked out from 3 to 4 this morning. I did that with my past position as I had to be at work at 6 a.m. 4 days a week. It was worth it for the 3 days off in a row. Now I'm very content going in to work at 7:45 instead. I get more sleep that way. So wonderful that you were able to nurse the hummingbird back to health. Surely he would have died if you had not. I love to watch the hummingbirds at the feeders.

Hi Amy, post when you can. Get some well deserved rest today.

Nicole, hope you enjoyed your workout today. I had a good one and for the first time, did chest and triceps from PUB in full. Usually I only do the up only premix. I used my 20#ers for the chest work and overhead tricep extensions. When I added on the CTX C&T work, I was shaking. Your nephew is an absolute doll!!! Oh my gosh!!! What a cutey!!!

Wendy, glad you are signing up for the Kest workshop. When is it? Is it expensive? So good that you got to thank the hospice worker. I think riding the bike and building or not building up the quads is just dependent on your body type. Most of the gals I ride with don't have my big thighs. I've had them since, let's see, 3rd grade I think. Oh well, at least they are strong on the bike. I keep thinking that menopause will bring a big gut and a smaller butt. Where did I get this fantasy? Committed and crazy are what I am about my workouts. I do rarely ever miss one, but am glad I don't have to do the 3 a.m. thing anymore. DH really thought I was nuts, but never gave me a hard time about it. I never had a hard time with my stepdaughter's clothes buying. She was and still is into Wrangler jeans. She's a cowgirl at heart and loves her horses.

Lea, hi and hope things ease up some. Thanks for checking in and waving to us. Hope you are spending some great time with your family.

Sandra, yes, my DH quit his old job at the power plant. I think the handwriting is on the wall that the plant will be closed down at some point in the near future. Could be wrong, but signs are pointing to it. He'll be a carpenter doing construction at the prison. Not an actual State employee, but that's okay. The $ and benefits are good and no longer will he have to work all that overtime that was taking a toll on his 55 year old body. LOL re: him needing to watch the prison priest. Not the case at all. He's actually one of the least jealous people I know. Way to go on Bootcamp. I did it recently with the everything but core premix and then added on the core at the end. I liked it that way and it flowed quicker. I love the cooler temps while riding my bike for sure. The heat just takes it out of me. I'm sad because our regular Fall Color Ride countryside over in the neighboring valley has burned up, or at least a lot of it has. The forest fire over there has been burning for a week now, 63,000 acres now. It's awful.

Swifty, please let us know how the dr. appointment went. All those symptoms sound miserable. Wonder what's going on.

Got to go get ready for bed soon.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.