Xers....Mellow Monday.....

DEBRA::
Sounds like a tough day on your end! I do hope you & DD have fun tonight & everyone feels good! LOL- on self absorbed post...isnt that what a check-in really IS about! :* :* :* You are NEVER self absorbed.... Kissy Polly & tell her I understand the NEED to eat brownies too;-)

CHRISTIANE::
LOL on Blasts only... I do them as HIIT so I do a blast, pause DVD for a pre-determined amount of time & go again... adds about 10 minutes to time. ;-) Glad you had a great workout & subbed ARX... many of us have issues with that one if we do it too much.

Happy evening to Jeanette too who will SURELY spend a bit of her evening with us! :*

Hi all,

B&B is done. It's not my favorite, but I went to failure on a lot of the exercises. Then I did core+ and it was good. The hang time was a little more difficult after B&B, but I felt I improved my form and reps on a few of the hanging exercises. You all laugh about hang time; it's not that easy:)

The updated blog looks exciting.

Traci - Sorry about the knee.

Debra - Sorry about the dog. Good thing it didn't kill her.

Sandra - Sorry about the weather.

I'll catch up with everyone else later, I have to go and finish dinner.

Tracy

Okay...I will try to catch up with a few of you....

Tracy...
I bet your forearms were on fire after BB today! The 'picnic' itself was good...and time spent with CBL is always good for me. He seems to make me forget about my other troubles when he is around. Darn dog..she is just fine! $250 later, of course!

Sandra....
Geez Louise, that's cold!!!!! I do not envy you on getting around this week in that kind of weather. WooHoo on heading down the home stretch! Counting down the days.

Lea...
Wonderful that you are going to take some online courses! I am loving being back at school even though it is only part time. It is nice to be learning something again. I am glad you are taking care of your back....Be careful and try not to do too much. As far a pilates dvds go...I always suggest Jennifer Kries since I think her form and her instruction are really good....She does do some standing stuff too, though. Another one I like is "More Than Mat Pilates"...and I have no idea what the instructors name is...but you can find it on Collage.

Traci...
Sorry for your tough weekend at the bay...Hopefully it won't take too many more visits before you guys are truly comfortable there again. Sorry about the knee too...crazy woman! Do Not Overdo! You should be afraid of those circuits if you haven't done any in a while....What a shock to the system...LOL! And you had very bad thoughts about 'accidentally' leaving on the camera for XDH to see CBL...silly girl! I am trying not to aggravate my XDH any more than necessary until I get this darn separation agreement worked out. What a PITA!

Carol...
Hi there, dear woman! There is obviously too much testosterone in your house on the weekend for you to have a chance on the computer! One of the great things I took away from the X was adding yoga into my rotations on a regular basis. It really does make a difference....and it counts as a workout!! I can already tell that my dear, dumb pooch has learned nothing from her activities yesterday....she is already scoping around for snacks!

Jeanette...
Glad DH is getting rid of that pesky snow in the driveway for you! I didn't remember the story about Tillie licking the icing...LOL...Polly would not be able to control herself by just licking...she would gobble the whole thing down! XDH and I don't even have the separation agreement signed yet...ugh...In the state of NC we have to be separated a year before we can file for divorce. So...I have until at least July of this year. No fun for anyone involved!

Okay...gotta run for now...I got about halfway done...I will either finish up later tonight...or catch you guys in the morning. Kisses to all!!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Day three of skipping excess carbs and sugar and I feel much better! I do notice I'm not getting the really bad hunger spikes in the afternoon. If I do get hungry I have my Greens+ High Protein bars to tide me through to dinner. They are low glycemic and so good for you:) Between those and my green tea, I'm set!

CS kicked my butt once again:p You would think after two months of doing it every week I would get better. It is easier than the beginning but not easy in general. I can't wait to do the Plus weight workouts! I think if I can keep up the eating the results this month will be fabulous!

More basketball tomorrow so I hope to get in to chat in the morning before we go!

Traci, So what, did you get jealous that my knee hurt and yours didn't?;) Hopefully you will get a miraculous healing like I did and it won't bug you again. LM blasts when you're tired? Are you crazy? It has to be a really good day to attempt that premix. I bet it's from kicking Wendell's butt so hard:) Sorry you had a tough time down at the bay:( Make sure you start new traditions and go often so it becomes that happy relaxing place it once was. I think between the hormones and the number on the scale I was bound to get upset about how I am feeling lately. I was getting to close to my old weight and it scared me. I am glad to be on track again. I refuse to let myself return to where I used to be. It was not a happy place. C&W is a good one. I'm getting anxious to do Cathe again. I think it's all of the STS talk!

Tracy, Yes, I should have said onward and downward:) I was sick of he upward! Are you liking the Abs/Core Plus in place of the ARX? I think it's a tough workout but much less stressful on the hip flexors. I'm anxious to see if I can even do the chin up bar exercises after working my upper body hard. I see you did 4DS legs yesterday. I like that one which makes me think it's not hard enough and I figure that's probably why you don't like it as much:p

Debra, I guess when it rains it pours! So sorry XDH is insisting on being this way. If you think it's too much stress to have us all there in April do NOT feel like you will kill us to cancel. We all are big girls and understand when life gets frazzled. We are all here for you so vent when you need to and do a little kickboxing to get your aggressions out:) Glad to hear Polly suffered no ill affects from the brownie binge even though it put a wrinkle in your social calendar I'm sure. How is DD feeling? Colds and the like are going crazy around here and they're lasting a long time. I'm hoping to avoid them at all costs!

Sandra, Oh my goodness, I so want to move to Canada!;) Never mind, I think I'll stay in sunny CA:) Of course it's been raining for the last three days and we are already up to our yearly average so it's not much to brag about it. Glad you made it through CB without major incident. That one is quite wearing. My chest always kills the next day. How nice that your DH does yoga with you. I would fall over dead if my DH did yoga! It sure would be nice though. I'll have to get Eoin's Pure and Simple yoga. I only have his PY4H. I wish that the tournament was the end of my basketball adventures but he has 5 more games and one more tournament! The game tomorrow is over an hour from his school which means an hour and a half from home:p Will it ever end?

Lea, When I heard you talking about all of the rain I knew we had a doozy of a storm headed our way. I haven't heard how many inches we ended up getting but I know it was a lot! Goodness, both you and Sandra have DH's that do yoga? Aren't you lucky? Hope you get enough information soon to do online courses. I am hoping to do the same once DS #3 is in school. I don't know of any good pilates mats, sorry.

Latrese, Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend with Ted:) I bet it felt good! BM2 is a tough one but fun once you get it! Have fun with PUB this week!

Carol, Glad things are much better for you:) Sounds like that tendonitis is trying to give you troublex( I purchased Earth shoes from HSN and they have really helped my back and my knees. I don't know if they would do the same for you but keep an eye out for sales on them. I got the Velocity and it has a high arch that forms to your own arch for great support. Glad you're having better eating days too. I think the absence of sugar is making the biggest difference.

Jeanette, Are you keeping warm? I heard there were a couple of people that have died in avalanches up north. Snow can make for pretty hairy situations that's for sure! sounds like you have a new golf course to hang out in this spring:) I bet you're missing it right now. I've never done any of the TJ workouts, how are they? I don't know if I have enough rhythm:p

Laurie, So sorry you lost your computer privileges this weekend. At least DH was able to bond with his girls:) I have yet to get a KS workout but it seems quite a few people like her kickboxing ones. I think that is another reason I'm so excited about STS, you get to pick your own cardio! That will take away a lot of the boredom for sure:) Hope you stay warm and safe in the snow and ice.

Kim, Did you get out of piano lessons? I don't know if getting out of piano would be enough reason to wish for snow. I get too scared driving in it:p Oh my, now you too? I guess I'll have to find a way to get DH to do yoga with me just to keep up with the gang;) Have fun cuddling with DS!

Christiane, Way to go on the 2 hour workout!! I remember fondly being able to do that:) Maybe in a few year when #3 is back in school I can do that again:) Have fun learning German!

Off to prepare dinner. Have a great evening all!!

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Okay...back to finish up with personals...I hope...LOL! And for any of those concerned about coming here in April.....DON'T BE!! I am so excited about you guys invading...I can't wait! We are ON for April in the little town of Kernersville! WooHooo!!!!

Traci...
Sounds like CW was the right workout for you today. I love the music in that one too...I do the cardio a lot, which is why I am leaning away from that one for my circuit this week...I would probably get tired of it over the next 5 weeks. I think down dogs, done properly, are a great stretch for the shoulders. I have a problem all the time with keeping my shoulders down and back...just in everyday life....I have to consciously think to not be in a constant shrug. Well, I have been self absorbed, but I am glad you guys love me anyway! Polly is doing just fine...knowing her iron clad stomach, I probably didn't need to take her to the vet....but she did ingest toxic levels of chocolate. Maniac dog.

Tracy...
Sounds like you had a good workout tonight with BB. I am sure it isn't easy to hang around after BB! Doggie is fine...just a PITA.

Nicole....
I would never categorize CS as 'easy'...LOL! Glad you are feeling more control in the eating department...and it looks like you have already seem some progress with the weight coming down a bit. I may be doing kickboxing on Wednesday depending on how my knee is feeling. DD seems to be fine tonight...Thanks for asking. She had a little diarrhea and it freaked her out since she normally has the opposite problem. No fever, so she must have eaten something that wasn't quite right.

Laurie....
Sounds like a busy weekend as usual. I know the funeral must have been tough to go to. My pooch is still as bad as ever...LOL! Be careful with Cami...You never know what they will get into. My girl is still a pup though, so she is always in trouble. What weighted pole did you use for the Kimberly Spreen dvd? The lowest I have is 12 and it feels way too heavy...actually out of control.

Sandra (Cathe Cat)....
Well, it sounds like it is a good thing that this was your last CB...twinges are not a good thing! Obviously, I use the intermediate version of Eoin's PSY...and I noticed the other day that he had no shirt on...and he was a lot more cut than I thought...LOL. CBL reminds me a bit (just a bit, mind you) of Eoin...His tummy isn't as flat....but other than that it looks like they have similar body shapes. Although....if CBL has worked out in the past 2 years, I don't know about it....LOL! But he supports my workout efforts and that is a good thing. How is your dissertation review coming along? When are you meeting with your professor again?

Kim...
Nice to see you pop by...Hope you got out of those piano lessons tonight...LOL! Sorry you had to cancel on your patients today. It is funny how kids think they feel well enough to go to school when they don't. That changes later when school is a chore instead of an opportunity to learn...LOL!

Christiane....
I bet you got a huge pump in your forearms today with BB! When are you back in the US again??? I will certainly be ready for my presentation on Wednesday...I spent a couple of hours today on it...and then I will have some more tweaking to do tomorrow and I should be done. How was the weather day today? Still sunny?

Okay, kiddos, I think that catches me up for now....I have to go with the germ infested urchins to a swimming pool tomorrow morning. How many hidden viruses are hiding there?? At least I just get to help with the girls...They are much cleaner than the boys...LOL!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good evening,
Whew, what a day at work today! I tell you, not enough hours in the day. Good thing I work with nice people for the most part. I am really feeling bloated today, ugh! And TTOM still hasn't started so glad I weighed this morning before I got really puffy. This all shall pass...

Laurie, funerals are just sad. Especially when the passing is unexpected. Glad you had your DH with you for support. I know what you mean about the snow. Today, the roads were really bumpy with packed, frozen rutted snow so more treacherous. Cold wind all day here, but not like your part of the country, or Sandra and Kim's. That ride down in the valley is sounding better for this weekend. Temps in the 50's. Might be worth the suffering LOL!

Sandra, yes, it was me to clean off the dish. Guess I felt sorry for him as he's been working out in the cold everyday. He's done a great job keeping the driveway free of snow. Wow, all those cars running with no one in them. Guess that's what you have to do in the cold north. Here in our town, so many have gone back to burning wood for heat as oil, propane and natural gas are so darned high. So glad we have the woodstove, but it sure is messy. A wood permit is $10 per cord, and we are fortunate that we can cut our own. Many others have to buy it and it goes for around $130 a cord. You can probably get by with a minimum of 4 cord for the winter, with an efficient stove so still a good value. So many cities don't allow for wood heat due to air quality concerns. I feel for the older folks on a fixed income. Really tough to pay for oil or propane. Ooooh, the Wii Dancing With The Stars sounds good! My Mom might like that one, if she allowed herself to have some fun. That would be so frivolous for them. They are so darned practical, I just want to shake them sometimes and say "loosen up and live"!!!

Kim, sorry about DS not feeling well and that your workday got messed up. Bet he appreciates having him Mom home with him. Enjoy that cuddling time. My DS is 26 now and never was a big cuddler when he was little. He's pretty fond of his Mom now though. Hope you got out of the piano lessons. How does DD like them?

Debra, glad your DD and Polly are okay. How was step up tonite? Knew you would do well, even on an impromptu presentation. Hey, no knee injuries for you too, okay? Please take care. I remember last year when you had a few little mishaps in a short period of time. So the divorce isn't final until July? Well, we can have a pre-divorce party with you in April! Actually, it wasn't Tillie that licked the icing, it was our first dachshund that we had when we were first married, so it's been darned near 28 years. Think it was green frosting. Every single cupcake was licked clean of icing.

Traci, isn't Cardio & Weights a happy workout? Love that one. Maybe I'll do that one tomorrow. Glad the knee was okay. I get more satisfaction from doing chest flies and bench press than pushups for sure. Can really feel the muscles firing and twitching more. Otherwise, I just feel my shoulder joint.

Christiane, great workout on B&B. Yep, my forearms got pretty tight doing that one. I swear I got a huge pump in my arms. I am a new golfer and not too good, but I enjoy it. I'm wanting to get out to some nicer golf courses (but not too pricey) this year. How long have you been playing? Bet the salmon dinner was good. I had salmon last night and today too. Love that and halibut and usually order that when we go out. Love the wine too. Will you be able to go to the retreat at Debra's? Would love to meet you. Please think about it :7 :7 :7

Nicole, you are sounding so goood!!! Glad everything is going well. You just had quite a streak there. I would fall over if DH did yoga with me too. That would be waaaay outside of his comfort zone. Kind of like him wearing a pink or purple shirt. No way could he pull that off. He's just a good ole country boy and I don't think he'll ever get out of his little box. Yes, the golf shows make me long for playing. Maybe I should skip the bike ride in the valley this weekend and hit the golf course instead. Hmmmm, now that's not a bad idea. The Garage Boys said I could travel with them down there, though no way would I be able to ride in the pack with them. I'd have to really pace myself to make the 55 or so miles. Anything to get into some warmer country. I've only got the one Turbo Jam workout and it's enjoyable for me when I do it. Lots of people like Cardio Party 3. The one I did today is probably the least intense of the bunch.

Got to go no, need to try to get to page 100 of the book I started. That's when it's not so boring. So far, my mind wanders while reading it.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.