Xers..............Marvelous.........Monday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I guess Traci is not back yet!

Well, off to another fun filled work week. I had a run planned, but will probably do upper body instead because we got a lot of rain and I'm sure the trails will still be muddy this afternoon. That's why I have such a hard time with a rotation. I have to plan my runs around the weather and the car, and work etc.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and gets their workouts in as planned.

Tracy

Happy Monday Ladies!
Slept in til 530am today WOOHOO! LOL: Of COURSE that happened because I had 3 hours sleep Saturday night and 3 hours last night before a storm hit so ended up with dogs for several hours.... Amazingly feeling really "awake" today!

Missed you all and hope everyones weekend was wonderful.... will go read all about it a bit later today.....

I read Debbies new rotation this morning and was pleased to find it was VERY similar to one I had made myself for June. I am totally focused on losing body fat for 30 days.... I shall not wander!! I was up in all body stats last month but most challenging mentally was my BF% up 3%. The combination of cardio daily and lifting should do the trick for my body type - unless its changed AGAIN! :eek:

Today begins 7 days of "moderate lifting" on the "Cycle Rotation"- Days 22-28. All that means is that I wont try and kill myself lifting too heavy - intensity really stays with whatever I feel up to. Soooooooo..... Today I will be doing PUB Shoulders x2 + BM1 Shoulders for strength work and LIC # 2 Mix Lower Body Circuit

Caught LOTS of BEAUTIFUL trout this weekend so planning on fresh fish for several days as main protein source - :D I wore my Xer Tank PROUDLY for 2 days and had a few compliments on the arms! WOOHOO! I had to stop wearing it when I spilled on it..... What did I spill on my Xer Tank you ask?????? CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM!!!!!!! Isnt that a HOOT? Made me stop eating it tho!

Back after I catch up with everyone.:*

Monday: Moderate Weights (cycle day 22)
SHOULDERS: Pub x2 + BM1
LIC #2: Lower Body Circuit

Personals Catch-Up!

TO ALL WHO SPEAK OTHER LANGUAGES- I am humbled and shamed! LOLOL

Sandra X:
A Family Dance? WOW that sounds like great fun! I think you have officially seen DD’s passion in life! Let her dance woman! So you enjoyed Lunar Salutations too I see! I felt very “open” after those. I think I just like everything about the Shiva’s stuff! LOL on the soy- EXACTLY what I decided this weekend… Maybe my puff n stuff look is from too much soy. I don’t like what dairy does to me either tho…. What in the heck will I put in my coffee that isn’t full of fat? Never tried rice milk etc…. Holy Sweet God!!!!! I just fell off my chair- You started the Sunday post? What is happening? Must be stars out of alignment!!!! Second Language???? I failed first year Spanish (cut too many classes) – I do fully understand, speak and write animal language tho! I am better than Dr Doolittle! Congrats on leg strength! WONDERS NEVER CEASE! If we stick with a consistent plan we get results…. Thump me on head ONE more time please!

Cheryl:
^5 on the improved run time! You are getting serious I see with only 8 weeks to go until your 5 minutes of Fame with Cathe!!!! Safe travels this week- the weathers horrid everywhere…

Wendy:
Darn that weight holding at 114! YOU ARE JUST AWFUL posting those kind of numbers for all of us STUCK in the upper 120’s! Happy Dance for Phase 3! It will fly by as there is a bit of variety!!!! What does tooth fairy pay in your world these days? LOL on progress pics monthly!!! ONLY if I suddenly become a 17% BF wonder will I post pics again! Cracked me up about posting my cycle- Do you think I’m a nut case? I’m the guinea pig for varying weight intensity to harmonize with your cycle…. LOLOLOL

Nicole:
So what does one do with the extra time that NOT driving 80 miles a day to school gives one? With gas prices I think I’d home school! CONGRATS on increasing resistance with new bands! I could really tell a diff when I switched from bands to the door gym cables… any change is good! We’ll be losing you AND Debra X on the 8th! What will we do without our team???? On your back…. Its so hard to know whats just sore and whats a problem! I know that as I age my back can be much more fickle… Just take care of you and do what you can.

Debra X:
Are you living in boxes this week? I always start the packing process too early and end up un-packing to take care of basic needs! I’m not good at all that- Will check out new pics later today! I LOVE seeing all the families out there. LOL about working out in front of ex-cons!!! Whats wrong with you woman? Eva would do it in a heartbeat!

Tracy X:
I have been meaning to ask you… What is TONE that you refer to so often? Planning SH I see! Will you do as 1 part per day or as produced?... I so CANNOT do it as produced- I get ants in my pants! Hope you woke up feeling strong and full of energy today… Horse Clippers? ! That’s what I need! I bought several dog clippers and I swear none of them are made for my long haired dogs! Took like an hour to get 1 strip done! What a project!! Glad your baby isn’t panting so much now!

AMY:
I’ll have your pics to look at as well! Hope work went by quickly this weekend! Sleep well today woman! GREAT workouts lady! I love that you are a true weight junkie now!!!! Also- was VERY happy to see news that the hurricane fizzled out… I was watching news over weekend and freaked when I saw you could be hit pretty hard. I think I told you that I use to pray for all the gulf hurricanes to turn towards Florida- Then I met you and Dave and now I have nowhere to pray that they go to! I pray they fizzle!!!

Jeanette X:
OH YEAH! About Tillie being OK!!!! That must be a relief to have that all behind you guys now. Cant wait to read if you got your yard time in Sunday! Glad you enjoyed some Lunar Flow as well! Sounds like we are all becoming groupies!
I see that the wine got transferred! How exciting that project is! Will you create a special Xer Label for it? What a great friend you are riding slower to help a newbie! I do think its hard in sports to avoid the “leave them to their own devises” only because you have trained so hard to accomplish your own goals… You are certainly getting extra brownie points with The Big Guy for that kindness. Hope that Newsletter got done without too much time.

Swift Amy:
Congrats on seeing results! You must also be eating well or you have a body like Wendy’s –

Katie:
Glad to see you are getting settled a bit now!!!! Congrats on the new digs! I was hooked on spinning from my first class too! I took 4 classes a week for almost 2 years and then the cost became a bit much… Its something I plan on getting back into again someday when DH’s business is back on track consistently.

Off to start what I hope is a happy, prosperous & productive day!

SandraX: This made me laugh:) :D
I about fell off my stability ball! Your post today was about someone who has reached their goal! Is *happy* with her shape!! WTF?! What planet do you come from? Congratulations to you!

Hello Everyone. Back later:)

Teddygirl~

Just popping on to say hello...I wrote pooping instead of popping first...LOL

Traci...Glad you got lots of yummy fish to eat this week...Sounds great! I am looking forward to going to the beach so that I can eat lots of seafood. The movers come to start packing tomorrow...and I am pretty set. I am a bit of a planner, and have been ready for a while now. Glad you are enjoying your rotation. It's nice to know that other fitness minded people are doing the same thing as you! LOL about the ice cream on the shirt.

Tracy..Good luck with upper body today. We got some much needed rain here too.

Teddygirl...Glad to see you out and about this morning!

Okay...gotta get the diva to school..only one more week!!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Good morning Xers

Today was leg day so I did Pyramid Lower Body, stability ball floor work only, tacked on Squeeze leg, bun and ab exercises, then switched to Turbo Abs (floor only). You can tell I didn't want to support my own weight with my legs. What a lazy Xer (yes Wendy, I'm the top pick for that one). Anyway, good floorwork today.

DH is off today, but he says he will have the flatbed trailer loaded up with the Rhino, an ice chest and the "girls" ready for us to go for a ride after work. I'm looking forward to it. I have lots to do at work today, but was subpoenaed for a State Personnel Board hearing on a fellow employee that was fired a couple years ago. Wish they would just call you when they need you, but no, you've got to wait around in the administration foyer all day until the lawyer calls you. What a waste of time!!!

Tracy, I have to plan my rotations around when my bike riding competitions are too. I know I have a tough, tough, tough hill climb with a friend this Thursday so will do my legwork today so the legs are fresh on Thursday.

Traci, BF%, what do you measure with? The other day, I got on, weighted myself, was happy with the weight, but the BF% was like 27.8% (up about 3%). I then worked out, ate some breakfast and for kicks, checked again. It then moved down to 24.9%. How realistic is that?
This Tanita scale is very accurate for weight but the BF% function you can just throw out the door. Is the trout that you caught freshwater or saltwater? I love fish! LOL re: chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!!! You make me laugh!!! Woohoo about the arm compliments!!! I must confess that I wear a lot of sleeveless tops at work, but have never received any compliments. Must be cause of the saggy elbow skin? Oh well, I like how they look, especially compared to how they could look if I didn't work on them. Yes, I did get the wine transferred (I kept thinking of you) and it tastes okay. I called Mom and she will prepare the bottles. Hopefully, this week or next we will be it bottled and labeled. I used to have a wine label that said "Hobby Wines". I'll have to come up with something a bit more creative. Like "Procrastinating Pinot" or something.

Teddygirl, how have you been? Haven't heard much from you lately. Hope you are okay.

Debra, so exciting that the movers will be here tomorrow!!! Hope all goes well with that. I've got a hankering for some seafood too. We're a long, long way from the coast though.

Oh yeah, got about halfway done with the bike club newsletter last night. Hope to finish it this evening and emailed out to the members. I'll be glad when that task is done.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good Morning Ladies!

Just realized that I have to move furniture before I can start Day one of Phase three. We have bags of kitchen supplies and oldest's ds's twin bed in the living room because I plan on tearing out the plaster in his room and replacing it with drywall. It's a messy project that won't start until next week at the earliest. Crazy!

I don't know how I'm going to face dds' music teachers today. The girls haven't practiced in two weeks. My stomach turns having to confess. It makes me feel like such a bad, lazy mother.

Gotta open another window for personals. BBS.

Wendy

Phase 3/ Day 1/ Move Furniture & ?? which workout is it??/ Round One

Personals!

Tracy-X: We got a lot of rain this weekend too! Do you have a treadmill? I think running (I mean walking!!! :)) outdoors is harder and goes by faster than on a treadmill though. I'm in awe of anyone who runs outdoors! I'm too paranoid to run around my neighborhood. It's a safe neighborhood, but I have an overactive imagination. Probably comes from when I used to run when I was a teenager in a very nice, safe neighborhood. Once I was approached by a guy at dusk. All he said was hi and I jumped nearly 6 feet! LOL I calmed down when I saw his little boy standing near him in the driveway. Still freaked me out though. x( I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep last night! How's your back?

Traci-X: LOL slept in till 5:30am. I would have to set my alarm clock to wake up that early or not go to sleep. :7 Sorry your dogs kept you up during the storm. You are more compassionate than me! I've gotten to telling Baby, "That's enough," with a firm voice. She responds better to it than sympathy. I think that's why we've bonded so well. I need a dog that revovles their world around mine. LOL }( :7 Can body types really change? Debbie's rotation does look good. But, I think I'll do something more along the lines of Debra's post-X plan of a subbing lean rotation for a month and a S&H rotation. I love that you are basing your rotations on your cycle days. It's so Shivaest!!! I can't wait to see how that works for you. How are you measuring your bf%? I just base it on the appearance of my cellulite. :7 I don't even bother using my Tanita scale. When I started the X, it read that I had a bf% of ~19%. I know that was wrong! Enjoy the trout! Does your dh clean and filet them or do you? I'm kinda thankful that Phil does catch and release. I hate cleaning and fileting fish! LOL on spilling ice cream on your Xer tank!!! That is so funny! I can't recommend any coffee cream. Don't kill me. I don't know how much cream goes into my coffee. Ignorance is bliss! ;-) All I know is that the lovely, kind and friendly Dunkin Doughnuts people put extra light cream in my large coffee. I love them! We're making plans to go out for Indian food with one of the workers and his family. They are vegetarians. Oh, I don't know what to think about my weight. It's all over the place depending on TTOM and time of day. I weighed myself naked a few mornings ago and the scale read ~112. If I weigh myself at night, it reads ~114. Which one do I use? When I first started the X, I took my weight in the morning. You don't have to post your monthly progress pictures. Just take them for your personal pleasure or motivation to work harder. ;-)

Teddygirl: Nice to see you on this dreary Monday morning. Your posts brighten up my day! Hope all is well in world. :)

Debra-X: You're leaving us too during the move? :-( What am I going to do without my dancing poster? How long will do you estimate it will take before you will be up and posting?

Jeanette-X: Oh! I see why you like riding so much! You get to sit on your a$$ the entire time. :7 You would really, really like Fluidity then! }( Just teasing my lazy title snatcher. Now give it back!!! :7 LOL on the wine name! I'm sure it tastes a lot better than cheap cooking wine! :7

BBS with more personals for over the weekend and to see if anyone posted while I was typing.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Lots too do and to catch up on here at work. I just wanted to report another 3 lb weight lost YEAH!! But I’m actually going to claim 2 lbs. Total weight lost 5 lbs. How did I do it, I walked it off, going for 1 hr and 45/50 minute walks.

As of tomorrow, I am back to my rotation, whatever that is…………x(

Teddygirl~

Good morning,

This will be short for now because DD is all over me.

I did PY4H: Total Happiness Routine yesterday. 80 minutes, and very, very enjoyable. I could feel my glutes, hamstrings, and inner thighs today.

I did BM2 this morning, by starting 10 mins earlier, and skipping my shower. I'll have a shower and post personals when DD goes down for her nap.

BM2 was good today. Challenging, but enjoyable, and I made it through.

Thanks for answering y-day's question! I have elementary school French, and 4 years of high school French, plus plenty of experience hearing French every time I get on a Canadian airplane or do anything run by the federal government. So I can probably get by if I'm suddendly stranded in the middle of Quebec.

Today's Question of the Day: What is your dream job?

BBL for personals,
SandraX

QOD: Dream Job
One in which I could alternate days of doing the following:
• 8th grade teacher
• Writer
• Personal Fitness Trainer
• Cruise Director
• Psychologist

That’s 5 – one for each day of the week! Saturday & Sunday… Happy Wife and Fisher-Buddy/Sun Goddess!

Going work out now- BBL for todays personals!

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk9/Day5/Rnd2
Workout: Legs & Back / ARX / 4 Mile Run

Don't have much time this morning, really busy here at work. I didn't get my workout in on Friday, life got in the way and after that I just couldn't function properly. x( But the next morning I got that workout done, and on Sunday morning I did YogaX.

Our rehearsal went really well, as far as I could tell. :) We will see.

Hope to BBL,

Laurie

Personal Catch-Up! :)

Sandra-X: Did you "sleep in" this morning too? Your tenacious toddler probably got you up before the crack of dawn wanting to watch Barney and jiggle with the Wiggles. ;-) Have you decided what you'll do to shorten the time in BM2? I love Cathe, but I don't like to spend more than an hour on any workout! I'm lazy that way. ;-)

Tracy-X: You sound like you're no longer on the IL! Your IL workouts were impressive, but 27 miles blows me away! :) Understanding people with speech impairments is very tough! I need to get Waverly into therapy. She has articulation and verb/tense issues. I'm just too mentally exhausted to try to deal with it on my own. What sucks is that in the state of PA, individual school districts decide what services they will provide to homeschoolers. Unfortunately, I live in a unfriendly homeschool district. x( They provide nothing except what the law demands. Presently, that only includes allowing homeschoolers to join extra curricular activites and letting use any of the student textbooks. Thanks, I'll pass for now. (insert rolling eyeballs) You'll have to post pictures of your shaved Sheppards. Oh! Wait, you haven't set up a picturetrail account YET! Come on! What are you waiting for? Tony or me to show up at your house? ;-)

Swift Amy: Hope you are having a great day! How's your wrist doing? Glad to hear the X is working your obliques and legs!!! I opt to skip the oblique exercises in ARX. I like my obliques the way they already are. I have a fear of bulking them up and losing anymore of my hourglass shape. Is that crazy thinking? I can't believe how fast the RT is coming! I haven't even thought about it this past month. I still need to get myself mentally and physically prepared for it! I feel a slight panic attack emerging. :-( It will be wonderful to meet you and the rest of the 106 ladies!!!

Debra-X: LOL on your mother's cardinal deformity. I never knew they mated for life until a few years ago. I've heard Russian is a difficult language. Dds' eye doctor speaks some of it. He said it's really a tough language to learn. He said that having learned latin in school helped him learn it in college. I think he's just a smart guy!!!

Jeanette-X: You are so sweet to ride along with your friend on her first century ride. I'm sure she really appreciated it. Did you get a little tipsy with all your wine sampling yesterday or did you just enjoy the flavor and aroma? Phil can have a glass of beer a lunch and I can smell it on him when he gets home. It's so funny because he will avoid direct contact until I figure it out. And, I do! :7 Do you realize that you started your epic post stating that you were going to keep it short since you had a newsletter to write? LOL At least you finished your newsletter! :) I only got to half of the Thai alphabet before I started the X. I plan on starting back up this summer when I'm finished with the girl's evaluation and kitchen. Yes, it's been 7 LONG months of kitchen renovation. Can you believe this entire crazy kitchen renovation all started with discontinued stone tiles? We thought why put down new tiles when the kitchen layout sucks! Phil GUTTED the entire kitchen down to the studs! He replaced the insulation, moved and replaced all the wiring, installed 4 recessed lights and a new lighting fixture to center over the new island, replaced the plumbing for the ENTIRE house, moved the sink plumbing for an island sink, fixed the leaking roof above the kitchen, fixed the damage it did the supporting floor beam along the outer wall, replaced the subfloor, built a closet and a pantry, put up new drywall, primed the walls, and installed the cabinets. He's now building the rest of the island for additional seating before he can do the countertops. We decided to get granite tiles instead of a granite slab. The cost factor persuaded me to go with tiles. We don't want to get a loan for any of our crazy projects. It's been a pay as we go process. So far, I think we've spent $6,000; maybe more? I'd have to tally up all the receipts. We could never afford to pay someone else to do all the work he's done without getting a loan. I've been getting by with my GHETTO kitchen. We stuck the sink cabinet where the new island will be during the last 7 months. There was only a few times when I couldn't use the sink or range. Right now, I have to wait until he's done with the countertops before I get my sink back. But, it'll be all worth it in the end. Probably more than you wanted to know. But, I'm so proud of all the work Phil has done and the amount of money we've saved. Please post a picture of Tillie. I'd love to see what she looks like.

Nicole: Oatmeal cake sounds YUMMY! It sounds nice and dense and moist. I have a whole wheat bread recipe that calls for oatmeal. It really does add in moistness. No! You are not a selfish mommy! Those children should be blessing you for taking them along with you and dh on vacation! One winter, Phil and I flew to San Antonio for a few days, and left the kids behind!!! I'm impressed with your forethought and determination to complete the X. You go girl!!! I'm still doing the X. I only took a week off to do the girls room. I will get that X in my name if it KILLS me! :p

Katie: Thanks for checking in with us! I'm so jealous of your new house, new pool, new spinning class, new job, and getting to do Cathe workouts! You must be very busy with your new life!!

Cheryl: I know you've mentioned what kind of business you have. But, I forgot already!!! I went on your picturetrail site. At first, I thought you were the only girl in the family until I realized these were people you worked with! LOL Your children are beatiful! You look wonderful! Kudos to you for losing so much weight and getting in shape. You look incredible! It's a huge transformation compared to my 60 day X rotation.

Well, I better get ready for my time of shame music lessons.

Static Hugs to ALL!

Wendy

Edited to fix subject/verb agreement in Tracy's personal. LOLOLOL

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 9/ Day 1/ Round 1

Core Synergistics

I had to do CS today in place of YogaX because of my short week. I wanted to get in as much of the tough stuff as possible so I will do CS & Kenpo alternately until Friday. We leave at 4 a.m. on Friday morning so I can't fit in a workout. I switched that to my rest day and the rest of the week will be treadmill and weights for endurance. I am looking forward to it. I know it's supposed to be vacation, but I have a problem:)

Traci-X, Welcome back! LOL about the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. If that isn't a sign I don't know what is:) I'm glad you feel energetic enough to do all of that work after so little sleep. Pass some of that my way:) As far as the "extra time", I will exercise longer;) I'm breaking down on Thursday and getting a massage and an adjustment. I hope it helps and doesn't hinder. You're fish sounds yummy:9 My husband doesn't care for fish so I don't cook it unless we're grilling and then I get my salmon. Love your dream jobs!

Jeanette, So sorry you have to wait around all day for a phone call. At least you can come home to a fun break with DH and the doggies:) It must be nice to finally get so much lone time with DH. It will be a few years before my DH and I can do that. Hope you are able to finish the newsletter soon.

Wendy, Don't feel bad, contrary to common belief, the world does not revolve around music practice:) She'll understand. Replacing plaster? boy, that sounds like fun. We did that in our bathroom when we remodeled. The rest of our house is stll PIB plaster! I hate hanging things on it, so I have very few pictures up. So you just go ahead and enjoy that, I'll pass for now:):)

Teddygirl, Way to go, you must feel awesome!

SandraX, I'm glad there is someone else having as much fun with their children as me:) Oh the toddlers are a handful! My dream job is to be a Registered Dietician and personal trainer. You can't have one without the other.

Debra, Glad you only have one more week of school and then it's off to moving land. I can't wait to see pics of you and your DH!! Have a great day:)

Laurie, Glad you ended up getting your workouts in:) I forgot until Saturday that we have Amy(Swifty) still going with us too.

My DS is always my gauge on computer time. He just stopped pullng on my neck long enough to blatently pour his cereal on the floor next to me. That means, "Get off the darn computer", or something like that:p

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi, everyone! Happy Monday!

Wendy, it's a PR (public relations) business I'm in. The very business that caused me to have to fly to Boston last night via Rhode Island.... a two hour flight delay and I ended up not getting to the hotel until 3 a.m.!!!! Guess today will have to be a rest day.
At least I've been eating crystal clean :) }(

Traci, welcome home, we've missed you!!! Love the dream job ideas. Sound like good options, every one!

Nicole, love that Core Syn!

Teddygirl, big congrats on the 2 (5) pounds lost. What a way to start a new month.

More later - have a great day, everyone!
Cheryl

Monday: Moderate Weights (cycle day 22)
SHOULDERS: Pub x2 + BM1
LIC #2: Lower Body Circuit

LIC Lower Circuit completed- legs not really feeling anything so I'll count it as a good cardio... Will do strength in about half hour.

Answer to BF% measuring- I use calipers from Beach Body –

Just a side note- I read BelovedHeather’s post today http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=407986&mesg_id=407986&page=
and just cried and cried! What a unique young woman she is and never ceases to amaze me with her honesty. She humbles me and serves as a constant reminder of how blessed I am to have had very few toxic people ever pass thru my life. I always wonder why some of us are able to (at young ages) say “NO, I do not allow that into my life.” I had 2 older sisters that were both beaten by boyfriends at young ages and continued on that path for 20 years- I understand their choice as that was the environment we were brought up in- yet at age of 16 I had a boyfriend that was drunk and raised his hand to hit me and I remember so vividly in that moment (of grabbing his arm to block the hit) I made a life decision to never be treated without respect. It never happened again… I recall it as a “Divine Moment” and forever changed the path of my life…. So why do I ponder all this? I suppose its because I spend so much time verbally beating myself up for not having the perfect body, the perfect career, the perfect personality, aging less than perfect etc….. Maybe todays a day to embrace all we are in this world….. Just food for thought :)

On to personals…………………
:)

Cheryl:
Your travels are always full of “adventure”… at least you weren’t walking the streets like a hooker with a suitcase this time! That last trip just cracked me up!

Nicole:
Too funny about “Get off computer!” Isnt that what parents are suppose to say to the kids? I say go for your dream job(s)! They are certainly both attainable! Hope Thursdays massage is just what you need! I’m always worried about getting a “sports massage” in error- THOSE HURT! Your vacation workout plan sound wonderful!

Laurie X
Congrats on fitting in some workouts over the weekend! Hope the rehearsals are going great!

Sandra X
LOL on skipping shower! That’s the way to get in extra minutes! GREAT yoga yesterday- must have helped your body prepare for BM2!

Wendy
So why static hugs today vs ballistic? You are a SAINT- 7 months of disarray? I’d move… I really would! Use the morning scale # as the most accurate… Once you start drinking coffee/water etc…. it all shifts. Besides- the rule is ALWAYS LOWEST # = TRUTH! I LOL on my Tanita BF%! Its ALL OVER the board! In a 24 hour period it ranges from 22 – 33%! Look at you planning post X already! LOL- We all started doing that too!!!!

TeddyGirl
GREAT results with the long walks woman! AMAZING! You just stick with what you want to do- you get better results than I do for sure! Once I put on BF my body clings to it for dear life… Its my 2 days to put on / 2 months to take off plan!

Jeanette X
More creative writing tonight I see! LOL on saggy elbows…. I think lack of comments is more about you working in a prison and no one wants to get the inmates all excited! WOW on your leg workout! Makes mine toasty just reading it!!! We are in Saltwater area- its actually the bay attached to warm Gulf of Mexico waters… We have 2 kinds of trout here… Sand Trout and Speckled Trout… We can catch Red Fish, Flounder (my favorite) Sheepshead in bay then in gulf we catch Tuna, Shark, and Grouper. Very cool on the wine labels!!! Your creative juices can really flow!

DEBRA X
How exciting this move is for you! I can just feel it!! I couldn’t survive living away from a coast line & sunshine 10 months of year… I just know you’ll be so happy in your new place and near friends again!
:)

TracieX: Don’t even go there! There’s not much of any thing you need to improve on, your body is tight. First of all, do you have any BF I surely can’t see it. Why are we the so hard on ourselves? Me too, I’m sick with it.

Okay guys it is time for firewalkers:D you are going to burn:D I love it when Cathe says that. But, it is time for me to seek out another rotation, what are you guys following/doing. Someone posted this, looks interesting to me.

Here is one I've been doing for the past 2 weeks. I'm already seeing results:

Day 1
Muscle Max

Day 2
30 minutes cardio
Gym Style Legs Calves and Floorwork only

Day 3
Muscle Endurance

Day 4
30 minutes cardio
Butts and Guts Floorwork only and Pyramid Lower Body Calves

Day 5
Butts and Guts Standing Only and Abs
Pyramid Upper Body Up only

Day 6
30 minutes cardio
Pyramid Lower Body Calves and Floorwork only

Day 7
Rest

I think I'll add the same concept with some other various workouts, ie....

Day 1
Max. Intensity Strength

Day 2
30 min cardio
Gym Style Legs Calves and Floorwork (love this combo!) + Firewalkers

Day 3
Power Hour

Day 4
30 min cardio
Butts & Guts Floorwork, PLB Calves, add in Firewalkers

Day 5
Supersets Lower Body Blast (think that's the name, it's about 30 min)
BM2 Upper Body x2 (this includes abs I believe)

Day 6
30 min cardio
Squeeze all lower body sections and GSL calves

Day 7
Rest

:7

Hi again,

The morning to-do list is almost all crossed off. The only thing left is to chat with you guys.

TracyX - Your job requires alot of linguistic talent! And patience, I'm sure. Do you do your zipped crunches standing or lying on the floor? You've improved substantially. I'm not sure I could even do the 50-60 you started with. I agree with you about Cathe's consistent quality. I never have to worry that I'm wasting my money when I buy any of her workouts. The PS series is really like an earlier version of the GymStyles. I would easily recommend using the GS in place of the PS series, in any rotation you would want to do. Mmmm, pancakes! Waffles! Yum yum! DS is graduating hs this year! Wow! How does it make you feel to have both kids out of hs? I imagine that has to be a turning point in your life? Oh my goodness, your workout yesterday was looooooooooong! I should be getting that yoga dvd on Wednesday. Yay!

JeanetteX - You had me chuckling yesterday during your wine "sampling". :) Glad to know it's ingestible! Two weeks until your century ride, hey? You're more than ready for it. Oh I see you had one of those days I envy. Nice! I remember your comments a while back about how Kashi made you bloated. That's one of the reasons I thought I'd go without soy for a couple weeks. I find KickMax a great "component" workout, meaning it's individual segments are more useful for me as workout add-ons, then using the entire workout as produced. For a while now I've been meaning to mention that *I* am the laziest Xer of them all, but I've been too lazy to type it. I always enjoy a workout where you can lay down in the middle of it, like Cardio & Weights.

DrDoolittleX- happy Monday! It's always happier on Monday when you're around :) Hillllarious about your shirt! And kudos on the arm compliments!! Do you guys have a busy social life at the Bay house? Did you come up with the PUBx2 idea before Debbie posted her rotation? That's an amazing coincidence. When you do that, do you plan to go lighter than when you only do one set? And when you do BM2 upper body x2 premix, do you go lighter for both rounds, only the second round, or not at all? As I was doing only one round this morning, I thought, there's no way I could do a second round this heavy. I'm wondering if going lighter the second time round would still be worth my while? I share your pain on watching your stats rise. Let's hope soy is the culprit, and we can see some better success without it. I've started using Almond milk in my coffee, instead of soymilk. It's fine. I might have to use Rice milk, though, as I don't think my regular grocery store stocks almond milk, and the organic store is too out-of-the-way for me to go all that frequently. Another thing I tried yesterday as a protein in lieu of tofu was "seitan." It was good!!! I am not about to drive all the way to the organic store for it, though, and they charge a lot for a small amount. I'm going to attempt making it myself using the recipe in Vegan Planet. It looks simple; just time-consuming. I'll buy some fresh whole wheat flour on Wednesday, and give it a go Weds afternoon. Why an *8th* grade teacher? And what kind of writing would you do? Fiction, non-fiction?

Swift Amy - Hello. No, I'm not going on the RT. I like the way Tony motivates, too. He's very good.

Wendy - Your workout today is Chest & Back. If you're like me, you're relieved to get back to that one, after CST. Is there another language similar to Thai that might help me understand what the Thai language is like? Is it similar-ish to Asian dialects like Chinese or Japanese? I think that's so unfortunate that your dad didn't want you guys to learn it; it's so much easier to learn a language when your young! DH's aunt did her degree in Latin. I think that's fascinating. And like you've said before, a foundation in Latin goes a long way towards assisting our English skills. Uh ohhhh, you have another big project planned. I shake my head in wonderment that you actually appear to prioritize home and family over your workouts. I'm not familiar with that idea. So the girls didn't practice music for 2 weeks...there are much bigger problems in the world. Some times life just gets in the way. They'll pick up where they left off easily enough. You're just doing your best, right?

DebraX - Russian!! Now there's a language that would be tough to learn, IMO. Your pool-lounging sounds nicer than what I did this weekend: watched the kids play in a splash pool on our concrete parking pad. Man, I wish we had grass!!! Pooping, popping, it's all the same crap, isn't it? :D

Nicole - The oatmeal cake sounds delishioso! I have a recipe for "For Me Twice" cake, which is has crushed pineapple in it (makes it really moist), and over the top you sprinkle brown sugar and coconut, then pour a sauce of brown sugar and butter over that. The sauce soaks into the cake. Oh my it's delicious. I love cake. Good for you for ordering the SH series. I think you're going to like it. I give you a lot of credit for simply alternating CS and Kenpo this week. The repetition would drive me insane, and I never cared much for CS. What do you mean you can't fit a Friday workout in?? What are you doing between 2 and 4am?? You're going to be too excited to sleep. I'm not surprised at your dream jobs; they're common interests for personal fitness junkies, it seems. I've considered it, too. Seems like a natural extension of what we're doing already.

Katie - Great to see you again! Glad your house move-in is over and done with. Wanna share any details about your new job? Like, what is it?

Cheryl - Another psuedo-Spaniard on the list. I guess that's 'cause you all live in the US, huh? We don't have such a large Spanish-speaking community in Canada. I only know Dora the Explorer Spanish: "De nada!" and "Vamanos"!

Teddygirl - Hello!! Nice to see you back! Glad I could put a smile on your face :)

LaurieX - gab, gab, gab! Don't you have work to do? ;) Nice to see you. Have a great day.

For my dream job, I have would like to teach Consumer Education to junior high and high school students, I would like run my own bakery (all the good cake, pies, cookies stuff), and I would love to run a restaurant/bake shop that served health food and runs healthy-cooking workshops.

Have a great day,
SandraX

Cheryl: Still going strong. I must say that’s dedication, taking Cathe with you, Go Cheryl...Go Cheryl...Go Go Go Cheryl. Nice work

And too everyone else, keep up the good work! Wait, did you hear that? :eek: Listen…oh just me opening up a candy bar:p

Hey, gang! Sorry I've been MIA the past couple of days.

Work called me off completely Saturday night, so I just had a night quiet night with DH....had to run to the store for him though...he was having issues! Anyway, last night was wierd at work. I started out with 2 patients, one of them died by 9p (she was very sick and old, so the family, thankfully, allowed her to pass with dignity and not force her to continue living!). All was well until 4 this morning when another nurse's patient decided that she was going to code. SO, here I am at 4 this morning do chest compressions on a lady that had open heart surgery last week. Talk about a workout! I did compressions for almost 20 minutes (most people trade out after about 5) and really didn't have any problems with wearing out until the very end. THANK YOU, CATHE/TONY!!!!! All I can say is that I attribute my stamina to my working out!!!

The lady survived, but there's a good chance that she may not make it because of how long it took us to get her 'back'. Needless to say, I got 2 workouts in last night!

Sandra- To answer your question about the yard....I don't know why, but down here, they put white sand in the low spots in the yard as well as generally spread around. Somehow, it 'stimulates' the grass growth. I don't get it, but it works!

QOD1- I took high school Spanish as well as a couple of semesters in college. I speak a little of it today as well as understand a little bit. I also took a semester of German in college and all I can remember is counting to 10!

QOD2- My dream job depends on the day in my work schedule. Some days, I love what I do. Others, my dream job is one that I can just pick up and leave knowing that the work will still be there when I get back and I don't have someone's life in my hands. Ideally, though, I would like to be independently wealthy and not have to work AND take care of DH and we can travel and not worry about expenses.

Traci- LOL on spilling ice cream on your shirt! I have to say that I have tried mixing up a protein shake and pouring some of it in my morning coffee and that worked. Of course, I didn't know about soy creamer last winter when I weaned myself off of coffee creamer with the HFCS in it! I don't even know what got me started on creamer in the first place. Oh, there's also FF half/half in the stores, too. I am glad that you had fun this weekend catching lots of fish! Like Wendy said, I hope that DH was on 'cleaning/fileting" duty!

I would also like to go in with Sandra and be the baker for her bakery!!!! I love to bake!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.