X'ers Januray 1st 2007

teddy16410

Cathlete
Oh my heavens time is just flying by isnt it? I swear I was in a time machine/warp since 2001. The years seem to be going at superspeed and I so want it to slow down a bit! Anyway....Happiest of days and YEAR to each of you powerful ladies. May we all be blessed beyond our wildest dreams in 2007!

We wont discuss yesterdays eating or planned workout as today is a new day & its a new year! lolololololololol

Today will be Phase 3 Day 1 AGAIN!......I also will try and do a "doubles" with Cardio Coach 3. Feeling like DH needs to get back to work .... I love him so much & we have so much fun together but HONESTLY- I need my time!! When he's home the TV is on non stop and their is constant snoring from the recliner.... lolol. Yes Cardio Coach OUTSIDE is sounding better & better!

I need to go read all the fabulous posts from yesterday and grab some more coffee..... I shall return with personals!!!!
Hugs!:+

TRACY: Welcome to Phase 3! Your lower workout yesterday sounds awesome! I feel like I need to add in either some extra lower work to phase 3 (like floor stuff) and/or use my cardiocaoch 3 1x a week for some lower/cardio extra. I may just be freaking because of my awful food day yesterday so we shall play it by ear!

SANDRA: How ya feeling today sweetie? I worried when I saw you hadnt checked back in but totally understand it was NYEve. I just want to hug you and say that I know precisely what you are going thru and it is a mental hell. Whatever direction you decide to go (you've gotten tons of awesome advise!) I will 100% have your back! May 2007 be the year when all of us stop beating ourselves up over everything... If somethings not working in life may we just "notice" it and go to plan B. {{{{{{{{sandra}}}}}}}

DEB: High 5 on bringing it yesterday with Ch-Sh-Tr! 1 more week and I get to add it back into rotation. I have really been missing that one in Phase 2! INCREDIBLE progress on push ups! You are so right in taking it in "steps" to get to floor ones... I think thats why I've seen gains as well. LOLOL at your plan B thoughts... Those are DH's thoughts but rarely mine! Core Syn is a challenge in bedroom... I can only roll way time and then have to go back the other way... For walking lunges and jumps the room had open L shape so I just work those around the L.

DEBRA: Hope birthday and NY celebrations brought you many Kodak Moments! You sound soooo happy lately! Great job fitting in Back & Bi and enjoy your much deserved rest today!

LEA: Happy New Year and thanks for popping in yesterday to say hi! Hope today is a great holiday for you!

JEANETTE: So sorry you only got in a short ride of 14 miles... YOU ARE SOOOOOOO CRAZY! I do believe 14 miles of anything earns a bit more than SHORT! I am amazed at your riding dedication in the cold! You put me to shame girl! YES you are right about Phase 2 giving me more tangible results... I think my 43 year old peri menopausal body just responds so much slower than before this stage in life. The days of instant gratification are long over for me. It has taken nearly 15 months to lose 19 pounds... Finally I am below the 130 mark again. I am also lifting weights consistently since starting P90X... before I was a 20 year cardio fanatic... my body no longer responds to that at this stage of life so weight training must become my staple if I want to continue to develop & shrink.

STEPHANIE: Did you end up doing CardioX or subbing PlyoX? I', with ya too on ARX... I do 2 ARX a week and 1 CTX All Abs cuz I just simply cannot take it 3x a week... and YES I am waiting for BB to start selling the DREYA BOOK of MOVES & GROOVEs ... all for 19.99! lololol (perhaps a music CD as a bonus?) I cracked up.... you watch DH attempt Chest & Back right before he QUIT! OMG thats hysterical!! Believe me Steph... if ch-ba were in week 1 I would have sold the dang thing on Ebay.... It fries me every single time! We'll see how I do today after my recovery week. I just keep thinking - Phase 3 so I only have to do it 2 more times!!! YIPPEEEEEE

GAYLE: Warmest of welcomes - we are so happy to have you on X'ers check in!!! I think the Jan 1 start group may be doing their own board but I know if they do I'll be a lurker over there!!!! I remember those P90X butterflies of excitement! I still get them after recovery weeks!!! I am starting Phase 3 today (well yesterday but I blew it off!). There are a few of us in Phase 3 now! That REALLY brings enthusiasm! I did what you are planning w/ Classic...adding in some cardio when up to it. About 3 weeks in I was so fatigued that I rarely added cardio into Ph 2... I am going to give it a whirl again this phase. GOOD LUCK! ENJOY! and We are here with ya so USE us !!

ROBYN: Welcome Welcome! First and most important...What the heck is MDB? Thanks for sharing your experience about the diet plan... I really love recovery drinks concept and protein shakes. A lifesaver to keep me from binges!

CHERYL: I caught your question this morning on Open Disc... I gave you the link to the "Everything About P90X Thread" ... its on Open Discussion and has over 100 posts. Very complete info! Hope to see you again - NEVER intruding- we LOVE company!!!!

Good Morning and Happy New Year!!

Went to a party last nite and no need to discuss all of the fab. food I ate. Paced myself on the drinking part so not feeling too bad today. Ready to start the new year.

Yesterday, I did KPC premix and tried to do CC #1 but I tripped on my shoelace while I was running and let me tell you I went down so fast I didn't know what hit me. Scared me more than hurt but I'm feeling some pain in my shoulder today so I think I'll do so cardio and lower body instead of Chest and Back.

Have a great day all!!

Buffy

Happy New year to everyone,

Classic/ phase 3/ week 1/ day 1

Today is ARX and chest and back. My lower back is still tight. I’ll just have to see how it goes.

Jeanette – I can’t figure out how the men do so much cycling and don’t look puffy; maybe they don’t have the fat covering. Do you think that holds water too? The last time I rode 40 miles, end of phase 1 and a lot of other cardio, I had a panic attack because my legs and butt looked so big. Of course, after a few days off, they went down. I think that I’m going to do one more p90x rotation, with extra cardio, and then focus more on cycling and do weights just for maintenance. I want to ride a century this spring/early summer. I just think that in order to do that somewhere I’m going to have to re-build an endurance type cardio base. Any thoughts?

Traci – DM is a pretty good workout; light weights like you are doing. I’m not much into the circuit stuff right now. I wish that all of the new Cathe workouts were not so circuit like. I’ve only used the cardio portions of them and they’re OK. I like complex choreography and the new ones are really basic.

Buffy – I hope your shoulder feels better. I stepped on a rock a couple of years ago running and got the worst sprained ankle. It took several months to heal. I’m really careful now; I don’t want that to happen again.

Cheryl – No intrusion, stop by anytime. I surely would recommend p90x if you want to improve upper body strength and are looking for a nice shock to your body.

Tracy

Classic/Phase 3/Week 1/Day 1

First off I would like to say welcome to all of those starting the X today. IMO, it is a great program. I hope that you get the results that you are looking for and more :)!

Today is Chest and Back with ARX. I am downing my second cup of coffee (have to wake up after staying up late for me last night), and then maybe get my workout in. Ahhh..the final stretch.

Traci - Have fun doing Chest/Back AND Cardio Coach today you crazy woman. I know that feeling that you need to workout extra hard because of all of the junk we put in our bodies. I'm feeling like lil miss bloaty right now.

Buffy - Good job on the pacing yourself. How scary that you fell down. I hope that you are able to do some sort of workout. And feel better.

Tracy - How are you feeling today? I hope better. My youngest birthday was yesterday, and while we don't throw him a birthday party just yest at this age (3), we celebrated. He was very excited to get a bicycle just like his big brother, so we hung outside most of the day. Good luck with chest and back today.

Sandra - Wow. I am so sorry that you are feeling very discouraged. Try to hang in there girl. It is definately hard during the holiday season. I don't see any problem with doing the diet the Nancy Clark way. Yes it is a lot like phase III of the X diet plan, but it has worked for me, minus all of the holiday crud that I have been eating/drinking. I really do hope that you stick with the workout. Maybe you will see some of the results that you want during phase 2.
But right now, I will send you this {{{{{{{{SANDRA}}}}}}.

Deb - Great job on the pushups. Those one armed pushups are killer aren't they?

Debra - Happy New Year to you too. I am glad that you get to celebrate it as a family. Have a great rest day.

Stephanie - I hope that you were able to do plyo yesterday so you didn't have to feel too guilty about eating!!

Robyn - Hi there. Thanks for dropping by. I see your posts all of the time on BB. I like to lurk there. Sounds like you have a great relationship with everybody there. Great pics of the wall climbing by the way. Happy New Year.

Gayle - Hi and welcome. Did you do your first workout yet? If so, how did you like it?

Jeanette - Today I take down the Christmas tree too. Fun stuff. I am so glad that you were able to do a bike ride yesterday. But you are one crazy woman I have to say. I hope that you have a great workout today.

Hi to all missed. Sorry. Have a happy New Year and enjoy your day.

Lea

;-)

Happy New Year Xers!

CLASSIC/PHASE 2 :7 /WEEK 1/DAY 1

I'm officially in Phase 2 now. Did CST this morning and I absolutely loved it!!!! Think I'm going to be feeling this one later on. To me it was lots of fun and had tons of variety. Anything pushup wise that I wasn't sure of, I modified to my knees and still felt it. I'm soooo pleased that pushups are getting easier. What I really like is that I can go lower on them. Previous to P90X, I always just felt them in my shoulder joints and couldn't go down very low on straight leg pushups. I'll do AbX tonite and have a group bike ride later this morning. Again, it's cold so we'll see how many people are wanting to start the new year out with a ride. For Thanksgiving Day, we had around 8 riders on a real cold day and I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully today I'll be surprised again. Oh yeah, a cycling friend who's 60 and a great cyclist is interested in a core work DVD so I'm lending him AbX and Core Synergistics to preview today. I won't need CS for a while and I have AbX tacked onto my other workouts. He's a guy that will get them back to me so I'm not worried. He really wants to work on a stronger core for his cycling and I agree that will help him tremendously on getting the power to the pedals. Oh yeah, no mention of Dreya in this workout at all, unless I'm mistaken.

Traci, I know what you mean about DH hanging around. Fortunately, my DH has been doing some mechanical work to his pickup while he's been home, has gone fishing, and pretty much kept himself busy during last week. It was me that vegged out more with the recovery week. Traci, do you run with Cardio Coach? I think CC's are fabulous and more fun than the Spinerval workouts I have. Intervals are the key to getting faster and more powerful. I had a great year of cycling this last year and I attribute a LOT of it to Coach Sean. I'm hoping I feel well enough to do one this week too (indoors, on the trainer).

Buffy, I didn't have to go to a party to eat poorly last night. Actually, I just ate a few handfuls of potato chips. I LOVE salty and it doesn't like me at all so I drank tons of water last night while watching Pirate of the Caribbean. It's scary to trip, isn't it? Whenever I come close, a jolt of adrenalin goes thru me. Hope the shoulder isn't a problem.

Tracy, hope the back feels better. How did you hurt it? Every time I do long rides, I definitely blimp up with water retention for a few days. It leaves, but comes back again as soon as I do a real hard, long effort. Bummer, I know. It's common in long distance cyclists too (men and women). There's a name for it. The muscles just hold onto that water for some reason, for healing? I've been drinking TONS more water since starting P90X and not having the water retention problems that I had before. Sodium does play havoc with me so I try to keep that down. Have you done centuries before? An early spring century is tough around here because the winters are cold and it's hard to get the miles in to train. The earliest one I did was in Chico, CA a few years ago. The century date was the end of April. We had to have a pretty dry winter to be able to get the miles in. Last year, I did 2 centuries, 1 eighty mile ride and the rest were short, hard rides during the week (20 miles), or rides of 50-60 miles (moderate pace, with hills) on the weekend. I'm finding I can ride less, but harder and still have the endurance for longer rides. It crosses over for me. This freed up my weekends more so I was working smarter and not longer. Hmmmm, what a concept!

Got to go now, but will BBL,

Jeanette

Hi Lea,
Yep, I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee today. Love the coffee. Enjoy Chest and Back. Think you only have to do it twice this phase? I think it's a tough one. Bet your son liked his bike. I remember my very first one when I was 5. It was red. Who'd have thunk I'd still be in love with cycling 43 years later?

Jeanette

Hi all and Happy New Year!

Classic: Phase 2 /week 5/ day 2

Today was supposed to be Plyo but am subbing (knee issue), with a HIIT treadmill workout where you do 30 sec sprints with 1:30 min intervals in between each. Love it! for some reason running does not bother my knee, just the back and forth stuff like Plyo. Please don't anyone get the mistaken idea that I am able to do one-arm pushups! yikes, I am just starting to go on my toes using my weight bench instead of the floor. I try all the variations that Tony and crew do, then if I can't I just go to regular wide ones.

Traci: doing Phase 3 day one again? I must have missed what happened. I have the same "recliner" noise that you do!

Buffy: I also subbed KPC for Kenpo before , and it was refreshing to see Cathy again

:)

Tracy: way to go in Phase 3!

Lea: You and Traci are at the same spot! Really "bringing it"!

Jeanette: don't you just love CST in Phase 2? It could easily become my favorite upper body workout! I have to modify as well, only as I said above, I am trying to do straight leg against the workout bench I have. Hopefully when this gets easy, I will lower to the high step height

Everyone have a great day!

p,s I think they are starting a "clean eating" check in that I might start using as well. I really need it! Maybe we can check in over there too!

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 6
HAPPY NEW YEAR fellow X'ers! I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the support and welcome that you've given me since I joined this check in. It has been such a blessing to have others share their stories and struggles about this program and I know that we're all experiencing this together! I really don't have friends or family who are into fitness so this check in has helped me talk about fitness with those who understand and enjoy it as much (or more) as I do.
OK, enough of the sappy stuff. I DID do Plyometrics yesterday, and boy, do I LOVE this workout! The varied exercises keep things interesting and moving right along. I love it when Tony gets quiet so we can hear him and his crew breathing as loudly as I am at home. It felt great to really get the old cardio going and after the dizziness passed (LOL) I felt really good about myself.
Last night we had some friends over for New Year's Eve and I overindulged in the wine, but not the food. Do those cancel each other out? I know Tony would be appalled, but I'm asking you all to keep this a secret for me! (LOL) I know I'll never be a "gorgeous" as Dreya, so a few drinks on occasion probably won't hurt. Thank goodness it's YogaX today! Plus, I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I'm having a hard time accepting that my vacation is basically over. I'll probably spend the day taking down Christmas decorations and doing laundry.

Traci - Your DH sounds like mine! I had to LOL about him in the recliner snoring with the TV on nonstop. What is it about men and their TV and recliners? All my DH can talk about now is getting a bigger TV! Honestly, we have a TV, it works, why must we get a BIGGER one? Thanks for the encouragement on Chest and Back, since I'm am dreading when that one comes around on my rotation. I'll bet it's a great feeling that you only have to do it 2 more times. Kind of keeps your motivation up, huh?

Buffy - I hate when stuff like that happens! I'm glad you didn't get hurt and you're taking precautions so that you don't injure yourself further. Last week, I ran down our basement stairs in the dark, and missed the bottom step and collapsed in a heap at the bottom of the stairs. Like you, it scared me because you don't expect it. I just laid there a while to collect myself, and fortunately wasn't hurt. When you get older, you have to be a little more careful with accidents like that.

Tracy - I'm not a big fan of the circuit workouts, either. That's why after P90X, I'm thinking of investing in Cathe's Gym Style series (do you have those?) and probably the P90 Masters Series. DH is going to freak about my obsession with more fitness videos. I do wish Cathe would have made just a couple of pure cardio workouts and others like Muscle Max. I love that one! I do like the Cardio Fusion, though and will probably use that one quite a bit. I do like the drills in DM, too. Have fun doing Chest and Back and ARX today!

Lea - You're also doing Chest and BAck today? You girls are MACHINES!!! I noticed that abundant amounts of coffee does help me get motivated to get through the workouts. I stayed up way too late last night, too, but normally I'm in bed by 10:00. Now I know why! I just can't do the late nights like I used to. My body needs its rest so I can BRING IT for P90X! BTW, my youngest (girl) is also 3 and just turned 3 on December 22! It's such a fun age!

Jeanette - I'll be joining the Phase 2'ers pretty soon! I'm so glad to hear that pushups are getting easier. That is one exercise in all of Cathe's videos that I was the weakest. I know my form is terrible, too, because I find myself looking down at my feet. I can't go too low on mine, either. I'm hoping I'll improve, although since I'm doing the LEAN rotation, I don't know if the focus will be as much on chest strength as the CLASSIC. We'll see. Please let us know how you cyclist friend does with ARX and Core Synergistics.

I'll check on ya'll later! Have a relaxing New Year's Day! Things are about to get back to normal!

Stephanie

Hi gang-
Looks like we are all very wired on coffee or the like this am looking at the length of all our posts! lololol

Finished Chest & Back... waiting 1 more hour to go do a cardio coach interval outside and the abs...That should make the day nice and rounded out!

BUFFY: OMG...what a scary fall! I am so glad you are not too banged up but think you're very smart to not push your shoulder w/ all those push ups. Please take care today.

TRACY: I only got to do all the new Cathe 1x before P90 but I did really feel B&G and loved Drill Max. I do enjoy circuits but I have always changed up all the lower that uses barbell. I also normally like to do 1 part per day so I would do a circuit but just do various forms of the "part" I was focusing on that day.

LEA: WooHoo!!! on Phase 3!!! Isnt it just the BEST feeling to see the home stretch? I also agree that coffee (&lots of it!) makes all things possible! including Chest & Back! We also got tree taken down and now all signs of Christmas are officialy up in the attic! whew~~~ thats a project!

JEANETTE: High 5 on completion of Chest-Sh-Tri!!!! I love it too! Time just flies and I seem to be able to lift heavier! Big w/o day for you too! Enjoy the ride and Abs of course. With CC I actually walk/jog/sprint. My days of steady running are over. Ran the 1999 Marathon and never had any desire AT ALL to ever run again! I think it was all the training...6 months 6 days a week in sweltering humid Houston... took its toll mentally and on the knees. I didnt have access to a TM to train on less cruel terrain so I was pretty banged up by the end of Marathon.

DEB: Yeah- Phase 3 day 1 is a do again because I boasted that I was going to do it yesterday but blew it off and proceeded to have a junk food fest! Final HOORAH to 2006 I guess. I am definitely going to lurk at Clean Eating but just dont have focus for 3 check ins! I get too involved with everyone and end up posting all morning rather than getting my dang workout in! lol

STEPHANIE: Thanks for "sappy stuff"... I am energized by that stuff! DH says I bleed sappy goo! lolol Great job w/ Plyo... & btw, I too grin ear to ear when Tonys panting & sweating! I want to see pain BOY!

Back later in PM

Hi all,

I did arx and back and chest. I had to cheat a little on arx because of my back and I modified some of the back work so that my chest was supported instead of putting so much strain on the lower back. It went ok. I injured my back years ago kickboxing. I think that I started the strain when I ran last week and then magnified it by doing core syn afterwards. OK, so I still really haven’t learned. I’ve never run and had my glutes get so tight. I probably should have gone to my knees on those last chatarunga….holds.

Traci – After a few days, I’m pretty much nuts with DH home all the time; it just interferes with my routine…

Lea – It brings back memories to hear about your son getting a bicycle. The kids always had street bikes, then we started riding cross country, and now at 17 my son rides downhill mountain bikes competitively. Bicycles have been a major part of our family life for years now. Competing has been a great reason to travel and see the country along with spending time with the kids.

Jeanette – I’ve never done a century, but in keeping with my son’s suggestion to have a goal, I’ve decided that is my goal. I’ll probably have to find an early summer one because it usually is cold here too, although we have had a mild winter so far. I’m hoping that I can do rides similar to what you described and still be able to do the century. The one drawback of cycling for me is that I have to drive at least 20 minutes to get somewhere that I am comfortable riding. By the time I ride, it is a lot of time.

Fox 2 – Smart move not complicating your knee with plyo x. If I don’t feel any better tomorrow, I’m going to sub some low impact cardio. All that jumping will just irritate my back.

Stephanie – I have gym styles and like them a lot. I don’t think that the back work is as comprehensive as it could be, but otherwise they are good. I was trying to figure out a post p90x rotation using them. I enjoy the check in too. I’ve never had anyone to discuss my workouts with and I think that is part of the reason why I had been sitting on a plateau for some time.

Tracy

Hi all:

I'm back now. We had 9 riders this morning for our New Year's Day Ride, rode 28 miles at a nice pace and I felt FABULOUS!!! I had tons of energy and climbed the last little hill in the big ring, keeping up with our fast guy while everyone else dropped off. Woohoo!! Weather was cold this morning but warmed up more than it has been. I just checked the temp and it was 51 degrees. Never got over 40 yesterday so big heat wave today. I still have AbX to do tonite, and DH said he would do it with me }( .

Fox2, ummm, one armed pushups, I didn't even try them on my toes today. I have to be careful with my knees and when I previewed it and saw those guys doing it and kind of twisting in the knee area, I knew I could only try it on my knees. I did enjoy the clapping pushups, though those are on my knees too. Hey, as long as I feel it. Hope the treadmill workout went well. Intervals are key to getting stronger, that's for sure!

Stephanie, this check in is great, isn't it? I'm sooo glad it was started. I get to do PlyoX tomorrow and am looking forward to it as the last time I did it, I was weak, weak, weak. That was in the 3rd week of the 1st phase. Felt bonky like not enough carbs. I'm hoping to really bring it tomorrow. In CST today, I didn't hear a single thing about Dreya. Not even a Dreya Press move or Dreya Fly. I thought my pushups would be awful with the break, but I came back feeling strong. You'll be doing Phase 2 real shortly. I gave the AbX and Core Syn and Bring It DVD's to my cycling friend today. I also asked him to get back to me soon on what he thinks. He's been working with a stability ball a lot lately and I think these P90X workouts will shake it up for him again. I lent him the "Bring It" DVD so he could hear from Tony about "muscle confusion".

Traci, how did Cardio Coach go today? That's interesting about your marathon training. Personally, I think I'm too lazy to even try and running just hurts my joints. I may try running again sometime as something to do with DH and the dogs. That's fun for me.

Well, DH and I are going to take the dogs out and let them run out on the desert. We have a German Shorthair and a miniature dachshund. The dachshund thinks she has to keep up with the GS in everything. They are so funny. Beautiful day today.

Jeanette

Hello! Hello! I'm here! Finally!!! <Frantic waving>

My goodness, the last 36 hours have been busy. We hosted our Third Annual NYDay brunch for some friends. Now, the problem is that when you host a brunch, you have to have a huge meal for many people hot and on the table by about 10am. This requires all housecleaning and as much meal prep as possible being done the night before. So, I spent my NYEve, for the most part, cleaning and preparing. Anyhoo, DH and I stayed up until midnight (just cause of all the preparation, really), then I was up again at 5am. Had to get the hashbrown casserole in the crockpot, prepare more stuff, then head down to the basement to begin PHASE 2!

I did CH-SH-TRI & ARX this morning. I deliberately went a tad light with this workout because it was my first time and I'd never even previewed it. I still think I managed to work pretty hard, although will be going up in weights next time. I did very respectable with the push ups. I surprised myself by doing 16 one-arm push ups, on my knees. Next time I may attempt a few with straight legs. I did 25 plyo push ups on my knees, too. They were much easier than I was expecting. I'll definitely be going straight legged on those next time.

Overall the workout was very, very good. I see now that I'm liking any upper body workout that does not have pull ups!! Mind you, the pull ups aren't even that bad if you don't get all bent out of shape about needing assistance.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who answered my plea for help yesterday. I accept all of the hugs with warmth and return them to you. That kind of support is what these check ins are all about, isn't it? I've read every word, and will try to reply in kind in tomorrow's post, where people are more likely to read them.

In the mean time, I dusted off my copy of Nancy Clark's book and began reading again. It's been a few years since I've read that book, and I should read it more often. She has such sensible, sensible advice. What is really interesting is that she says low-carb diets give the appearance of weight loss because for each ounce of carb in your system, your body needs to also store 3 oz of water. Ergo, when you deplete your system of carbs, you also lose a lot of water weight. You may look leaner, but it isn't fat loss. The way I interpret it, is that low-carb eating is more smoke-and-mirrors than genuine weight loss. She also has a few chapters on exercising and eating disorders, body image, healthy body fat, and self-esteem/acceptance. Her approach is that you really need to live a healthy life-style for the sake of your health, and all of our bodies have a predetermined set point which no amount of exercise or dieting will alter. If you do manage to diet yourself below that, you will binge yourself back up to it. Or you will overtrain yourself. In some fashion your body knows where it wants to be, and that set point is not always the "ideal" point for everyone. The goal of healthy eating and exercise, therefore, is to keep the body you have as healthy as you can; attempts to create a body that you don't naturally have are ultimately futile.

What I'm taking from this is that I need to work on self acceptance. That is my New Year's Resolution. I'm 36 years old, and I've always been on the upper side of the weight guidelines for a woman my height. The rare couple of times that I've been on the low side of these weight guidelines, I've only managed to maintain it for a speck of time, and it has taken an exorbitant amount of time and energy to get that way. And I was not a happy camper. When I look at my family photos, it is hard to ignore the fact that we are genetically disposed to storing fat easily. I'm easily the thinnest and fittest person in my family, in my age group. So, while I'm far from Cathe, I'm even farther from being Aunt Peggy, and that's a triumph.

So, for 2007 I will be working on accepting my body for the shape that it is. I will stop trying to eat to lose weight ('cause it just ain't gonna happen anymore), and I will focus on healthy eating and healthy exercising. I will stick with P90X exercise, because I think it's a different challenge than I've ever done. I'm very curious as to what kind of results I will see. I'm also going to try to take Traci's advice and lighten up about it all. My goodness, I'm not in any sort of physical competitions, my DH is indifferent to my weight and size, and I live in a part of the world where you wear 3 layers of sweaters for 9 months of the year! I will stop getting all caught up in the numbers on the scale (that's going into the closet for a long while), and just focus on good eating and good exercise. I've got to quash my perfectionism. Anyone have any experience with that?

Have a good night everyone. I'll see you again tomorrow.
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.