Xers I Am Woman... Wednesday

Well he))...Now I have a follow Up question too Sandra's follow up question.....
Is it actually the "O" that helpsour hormones or is it the "boy part"??? IF its just the "O" I could re-think the entire concept}(

HUH! What have I missed:)
ROFLOL all this sex talk about penis and hormones is making me hungry:+ for food that is :+

Gotta get me a computer :eek:

TEDDYGIRL:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Sex talks makes you food hungry!! ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!1 A woman after my own heart! :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

LIS is done. I left off the calf work since I did SH calves yesterday. I'll add the calf work onto the leg workout, when I do it on Saturday. I got quite a burn going in my shoulders from this workout. Working the snot out of one body part at a time is such a different feeling than circuiting them the way P90X does. When I started the shoulder section I made little notes to go heavier next time. But when I got to the bonus band work at the end, I had no gas left in the shoulders. So now I think I should NOT go heavier next time, as I won't be able to finish the whole thing. Is that the right decision, or should I go heavier anyway, and just adjust the latter weights lower, if I can't complete the sets with good form?

How come we can talk about food, and I get hungry, but when we talk about sex, I just still get hungry?

SandraXX

Sandra:
Personally I'd do it ALL ways....
Next workout go heavier & adjust down as necessary....NEXT workout START with bottom of the list exercises & go heavy.... Entirely different way to shake things up..... anytime I do the same "move" week to week & do that to keep muscles confused. Just my opinion of course- Passion doesnt make me right, remember?;-) :*

OMG!!!! You guys are ALL cracking me up today!!!!!!!! First of all....I am not sure about the "O" or not...but as I sit here and type, I think there must be a link...Or maybe just the enjoyment altogether....Not sure.....Surely, the penis itself is not the creator of hormonal balance....Maybe we can write Dr. Oz and Oprah and find out! So, I guess my suggestion is to either find a nice boy toy or maybe just a nice 'toy'....LOL. And following with Teddygirl...have a nice dinner and glass of wine with your 'toy' beforehand...did I just say hand???

Surely, I have scared all the lurkers away today....and I still haven't loosened up with Eoin yet!!! Just wait until my hips have been tamed!

And I know I must have missed the first part...^^^^^ but I notice Traci mentioned passion and making the same 'move' each week in a different way...which muscle are we confusing again????

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

We're living up to our Xer title today, aren't we?

I had to chime in on this subject again because I remembered a bit in my "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" book (a MUST read for every girl/woman!). I shall try to put this in objective language, but cover your eyes if you don't want to read anything explicit. You have been warned. Apparently, semen contains a hormone that has been found to boost moods. Women who receive semen vaginally (versus orally) absorb this hormone, and it elevates their mood. I don't think this is an instant mood booster, like caffiene, but more of a long term, isn't-this-nice kind of thing. So, if you're looking to level out your moods by taking Debra's advice, you might want to do it using non-barrier type methods of birth control. I think I'll schedule DH for the big V. That would improve my mood right there :)

I've got to go grocery shopping now. All this talk of sex has given me the urge to go browse the food aisles. Just think of how suggestive the veggie department's going to seem today.

Sandra

OK regardless of the benefits of regular sex, it's probably not going to happen at my house unless regular is well......

I bet my DH wishes he had a magic penis like CB!

No such luck..........

Tracy

I'm starting to like these peri-menopausal symptoms...no need to change now. You know we do have all the power...

You girls are cracking me up today.

Jeanette

I can't believe that CBL's manhood has acheived 'magic' status!!!! I can't wait to tell him THAT tonight....He better be ready to perform, girls!!!!

Thank goodness you don't have to ingest the semen orally to get the benefits....not really my favorite activity...if you know what I mean. I keep thinking of that 'Seinfeld' episode with th 'Master of your Domain'.

You gals have kept me laughing all afternoon. My DD keeps asking what I am giggling about!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I don't have anything quite as edge of the seat interesting as today's discussion, but hold on to your seats, I did the standing and floorwork from B&G today. Yes, I think I'm not feeling quite up to par and floorwork actually sounded better than cardio. The only thing I learned is that I probably should be doing it once and a while, but it is sooooo boring. Then I did core+.

I'll have to catch up on personals later. Everyone have a great evening and hats off to those who are following Debra and Sandra's advice tonight. It won't be me:) Like I said, no magic penis at my house. Maybe that's something CB can market..............I'm sure it would sell. I've got it. It's not Debbie does Dallas, It's Debbie does the Magic Penis.

Ok, I'm having too much fun with this....

Tracy

Remind me to tell you guys about today's Hot Topic at the Retreat.}(

Went to Fridays for lunch. Got a Tuscan Chicken Sandwich Melt and salad.:9 Of course everyone stared at me like I was some mental patient when I literally LOL reading today's posts on the Blackberry! I read excerps to my friend. He's seriously concerned about my spending the weekend with you and any toys you might bring.}( :+ }(

I bought Rodney Yee's Power Yoga Total Body.:) :) From what I saw, it looks like a nice stretch for middle of the night tightness. Fell asleep previewing it. Thankfully, dh woke me up just in time for my hair appointment.

I love my hair cut. It's actually similar to what I had, but an inch shorter. But, the split ends are outta here!:) The gray is vanquished for another 5 weeks. The stylists loved the new heels! Those crazy ladies wear very high heels to work!!!!

I'm thinking of getting lazer therapy for my face. I'm not sure how that would work with my skin coloring though. So, I'm going to get a consulation with the doctor. It probably won't be until after the retreat. The spa sells 20% off gift certificates for Mothers Day. If I decide to get treatments, I'll purchase enough gift certificates to cover them. At ~$300 a treatment, it'll be worth it to wait until May.

S&A and ARX is DONE!!! My triceps were tired from... Well, let's just say, I don't remember them not feeling dommy!!!! Tommorrow evening, Phil and I are getting a sitter and doing power heated yoga together. I can't wait!!!!!!!! The owner is teaching the evening class. I must tell Jenn. She may want to watch Phil's first class too.}( :7

I'll catch up on personals in the AM.

Sweet Dreams!!!!:* :* :*
Wendy

Hi again,
Back from dinner. Had a nice salmon on greens as TGIF's, but finished it off with a decadent brownie something. Oh well, glad I don't travel too much and have to eat out. It was an enjoyable evening with 6 of us going out. Lots of prison talk.

Laurie, so glad Cami is feeling better. I miss my girls at home. They can sure be crafty about eating the chunk of meat and spitting out the pill. Funny, this month I had the "tearing" feeling of ovulation myself. Rarely feel that any more. Is there a certain "quota" of sex frequency you have to achieve to escape the menopausal symptoms? My DH thinks that is the answer to all of our female problems. He's alone in that thinking in this partnership. Not that I don't enjoy it, it's just not numero uno or even close. Do you take glucosamine or anything for your knee? DH has been taking it regularly for the last few months and swears his shoulders, hips and back feel much better. It takes a while for it to kick in.

Debra, you're saying that for me to keep my weight steady, I need to have sex on a regular basis. I'm like Sandra. Is once a month regular? More? LOL! If I knew I could lose weight doing it and keep it off, I'd be there. Has to be something in it for me LOL! Enjoy your dating years girl! And enjoy that MP }( LOL re: the toy and hand! You are a card! I can already see the retreat time digressing, I mean progressing to lots of girl talk around a nice bottle or two of wine. It will be soooo enlightening, I'm sure.

Sandra, so did you receive an answer for your "friend" re: doing it or the appearance of the big-O? My guess would be that the big-O would be necessary to help stave off menopausal symptoms and release hormones. But what do I know? Debra's getting all the practice and can probably write a book. Glad you got some productive time in this morning. I assume on your thesis. You are making me miss LIS and HIS. Haven't done those in a while. I'm missing my step workouts WAAAH! How can I see if less cardio makes a difference if I'm eating like a pig this trip? Always next week I suppose. Did you fondle, er, buy any nice veggies at the market?

Tracy, B&G is a goodie. Think I have Leaner Legs to do when I get back home. I tell you, the recumbent bike today hit me right in the glutes. Almost painful. A regular bike doesn't do that at all. I was pretty happy to hop off that machine and onto the treadmill this morning. What a torture device it was. Wonder if I'll be sore in the morning. Think yoga is on tap for me tomorrow morning.

Kim, hope we didn't scare you. Come back!

Wendy, I can just see you giggling as you're checking your blackberry!!! I was cracking up when I went back to my room during the lunch break. Made my day! Glad you are loving your haircut. How long is your hair? Mine is short, but I don't think I've ever had a split end in my life. Must be cuz I get it cut so regularly? Enjoy that power heated yoga with your honey tomorrow. Will it impart magical qualities too?

Christiane, hope you post soon!

Nighty, night!

Jeanette

Got Kenpo done today and not much else:(

I have been doing laundry trying to get rid of the germs. DS wet his bed last night which he has never done! He said his legs weren't working and he couldn't get to the bathroom. I got all things washed and back on the bed which I had thoroughly sanitized and guess what? He threw up on the bedx( I kid you not, I about flipped out! I told him tough luck, you'll have to sleep on it for a night because there was no way I was washing them again before bed.

I know, I know, you all want small children now don't you?;)

I sure hope I get in tomorrow for a regular chat.

I must hurry and get to bed now before DH gets home and wants to regulate my hormones:p

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.