X'ers.... !!! FRIDAY !!!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Friday X'ers!

Back & upper feeling warm from yestedays upper of Sculpt 5/6 and Back of L&B! Today is Legs MishMosh #2(all Tony!). Also received my New York Body Plan DVD yesterday so I am going to do one of the premixes (15 minutes) just to get a taste of it.
We're heading down to bay this afternoon to enjoy the 80+ temps and get some boating/fishing in this weekend. I'll take Kenpo with me for tomorrow and do Yoga and a bike ride on Sunday.

Look at your calendars ladies...... Who's almost completed P90X?????
Waaaaaaaaa-Hoooooooooooooo!!!! I bet you guys are soooooo ready for recovery week!!!!! I am excited - I am so excited that I got to be a part of this adventure with you (thank you!)... I am so excited you were part of mine! I just feel like a group hug:
{{{{{{{lea,tracy,sandra,jeanette,debra,laurie,monica,steph,traci}}}}}
Laurie Monica Steph.... Your finish line is in sight now ladies! We're all waiting there to cheer you on... (except for Sandra... we've sent her to go back 1 week and do it again to be your partner!)

::) :) :) TRACY: Thank you for your words of caution about helmet. I do appreciate your input and I of course KNOW you are 100% correct. It is so hard for me to wrap my mind around some of the things that have changed with the times. My stubborn streak constantly says look at all the generations of people who rode bike growing up and now its all hoo-haw. I also know that the information age has changed what we now hear about and see so thats why when I was a kid you just never heard of all that. I admit I am not a conformist and dislike being told what I can & cant do... its the rebel streak in me that is the doble-edged sword in ,y life. ....took me YEARS to put the seatbelt on faithfully. Keep after me .... At some point I'll do it. Have to chuckle about the "boredom" factor. Maybe thats exactly what I was feeling earlier in the week. Some days my workouts are the most FUN thing I do all day (volunteering with Hospice & ALS)...I do like having Master Series as my backup X Tony fix although its not exactly the same Gym Feel. It also seems to move quicker between reps so there is that difference as well. Funny you said circuits on recovery week... Me Too! LOLOLOL. I think we;re pulling out all the toys in the closet to keep things alive & moving right now. I am doing another week or 2 before recovery week just because it took me til this week to really feel I was in a flow. I can always change that if my body directs me. You have kept it pretty intense the past 3 weeks so I think its smart to get one in soon for you.

::) :) :) JEANETTE
Oh Girl you are REALLY ready for a recovery week arent you? This 4th week was a brilliant "shock your body" decision Tony made. Even at the end of the program I remember saying "Dang he's smart!" Glad tonight will be an easy time to rest. Your muscles are working overtime trying to recover. Probably no road trip for me either... Just way too much going on around here and I sure dont need to spend the cash to go east... I'd love to do it but doubt that much will change between now and the time the annoucement is made. Very happy you are happy at the new job! To me really loving your work is not optional in life... I think its needs to always be more than a paycheck... in my "airy fairy" words I call work "your gift to the world".

Only got to 2 personals before running out of coffee! Thats just not right!!!! Running to the cafe' - shall return in a few minutes.

Part deax

::) :) :) SANDRA:
Caught up with you yesterday.... Hope you are looking forward to testing some new rotations soon! So what type of recovery week did you decide on? Sticking with Jeanette on As Written or venturing out into unknown but familar waters? Sounds like you might be already planning on Road Trip??? Thats cool! Lots of pictures PLEASE!!!!

::) :) :) DEBRA:
LOL...Thank GOODNESS it wasnt your gymnastics! Talk about wearing a helmet!!!! Hope that nasty cold is leaving you today... Maybe just do a modified version of your planned workout.. I think Tony will understand if you arent quite up to par today. ROFL on bunny poop! I'm going to do EXACTLY what Lea is doing... M&Ms shall now forever be Bunny Poop!!!! What can a Reeses PB Cup be? A Chips ahoy perhaps is made with bunny poop? Oh my we can have fun with this one!

::) :) :) LEA:
You are FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY! I'm with Debra! Slap a word right across my arss! LOLOLOL I have a pait of sweat pants that say LON DON on the cheeks.... DH walks around all day saying Long Dong when I wear them....hehehehe ... I Like these saysing the best so far: Do your best and forget the rest & This is the face of a girl who's working hard. ANY saying would be great tho! I like X'er + A quote. No legal worries on the phrase... you cant copyright everyday sentences. (I think). The chances of Tony finding out about our 8 T shirts anyway is pretty remote... I live in the Fattest City in the Country so I doubt many P90X people are around!:7 Ok - so to summarize:
Love Tanks
Any color but white (I'm a dripper!)
X'er Logo + some quote
Diamond bracelet to match
Now stop planning this and get your workout in today! You rested yesterday- HUP HUP

::) :) :) LAURIE:
Hope Yoga went OK & that you and feet and shoulders were all ok! Stay safe in that wind! maybe its blowing PRETTY weather your way.

::) :) :) MONICA:
I am so sorry you still have an unconfirmed diagnosis... That would just send me over the edge. I really do hope you get this figured out soon so you can get a plan & move forward! ^^5 on Cardio Coach! I only have #3 (Coach Sean) but could listen to him every day! I agree it makes the dreade time on TM just seem like a non factor! Coach Sean is DREAMY!!! Hope you make headway with the debris clearing... Mother Nature seems so angry sometimes. Take it easy I can tell how fatiqgued you are. Isnt this coming week your "Hell Week # 4" ?

::) :) :) STEPH::7
Whats up girl???? Are you still with us and in fighting form? Miss You!!!

Hope you all have a terrific day! I need to workout early... run to coffee with a friend and get packed up for bay. I'll see you a bit later!

TGIF X'ers,

I'll try to catch up at work. I don't think I'll be too busy. I plan to do cardio and yoga, and my cardio may end up being a walk. I have to go to Costco after work because we are out of food again!

I hope everyone has a great day! Keep up the good work. Graduation is right around the corner for a few of you.

Tracy

Happy Friday gals!! Today I did Imax 3 and you know what? I could have done it all over again. I think I am going to stick with plyo X until I get tired of it again. Tomorrow I will do some sort of X weight workout, I do miss it, call me crazy for those of you who are completely sick of it. I think we are devoloping some sort of sick relationship with these workouts. It's like a guy that you get tired of, but when you are away from him, miss him dearly.

I will do some personals now and catch up with the rest later.

Miss Traci X - Aye Aye captain. Because of you I decided to work hard today. THANKS!!!LONDON!!!! LOL I have a pair of shorts that say GIANTS on the arss. BTW, I wrote miss Tosca yesterday to let her know how much her book has improved my eating habits, energy, etc. And she promptly wrote me back. Gotta love that. I am going to have to check on the legality of things. I don't want any of us to get into trouble. Living in southern Cal where all of the tv/movie studios are, I think I have actually ran into one of the guys in the p90x workouts shopping at Trader Joes'. So at least I have to be very careful. Have fun at the bay.

Miss Tracy X - Costco, that's a scary place for us, because we usually spend way more than we should. We always see things that we "need". Have a great day at work and hopefully you can get your workouts in.

Ok, until later guys. Work hard.

Lea

CL/PH3/WEEK4/Day5: Legs & Back; ARX

Good morning,

So, I can either be using this bit of morning time to make up my menus for next week and write the grocery list, or I can talk to you guys. I choose to talk to you guys. But since this means I won't get my menus planned, you all need to give me one meal to make next week. So far I plan to make spaghetti & meatballs (ww pasta, lean beef italian meatballs). What else? I have a crockpot, and I'm not afraid to use it....

I also don't have a ton of time, so I'm going to start with some personals, and come back later to finish up.

TraciX - I'm so sorry I got you in trouble with the helmut-patrol!! I agree with them 100%, but didn't mean to cause a lecture. Put on your brain bucket, PLEASE! If Lance can do it, so can you!

LeaX - whew! You're doing great work on these t-shirts! I vote for a tank top, probably dark grey (but am flexible on the colour), with "Do your best..." on the front, and "...and forget the rest" on the back. Do they charge by the letter? If so, maybe we need a shorter slogan? I guess we should ask whether people have a budget for the price of the shirts? What's the most anyone would want to spend? I could probably upwards of $30. It's alot for a tank, but it's a special tank!

Laurie - you like kickboxing way more than I do! I usually only do it to give my knees a break from step. I can't say I find it all that fun. I hope you enjoy your new workouts when you get to do them! I think I'm going to get that Bryan Kest collection.

Jeanette - Imagining M&Ms as bunny poo would only make me look forward to Easter LOL! Come on little bunny! Drop your stuff! And now my hamster's poo is starting to look like yummy little chocolate sprinkles. Oh, what have you done?!

I did YogaX yesterday, but I really think I've reached the end of the line with that workout. I've benefitted substantially from doing it, but it's time to move on and challenge myself differently now. It takes a lot of my patience to get through the 20 minutes where he introduces you to all of the warrior poses, one pose at a time. It's an effective way to gradually open up your hips, but rather boring. The workout now feels closer to XStretch to me now, than an athletic yoga routine. That's great! It means I've made progress. So now I only have to buckle down and do it two more times next week. I need to do something different with it to make it more interesting. Maybe do it all with DD#2 in the backpack??? Oh wait, that's something TracyX would do, not me!

Legs & Backs and ARX are on tap for today - both for the LAST time!!!! Very exciting! And I'm finally feeling the bittersweetness of finishing that TraciX talks about. This really has been quite a journey, and I doubt the experience of doing your first P90X rotation can ever be replicated. It's kind of like reading a wonderful novel. I'm always disappointed to finish a great book, because I no longer have the joy of reading it for the first time. Oh well, time to stop being maudlin and go get the girls ready for the day.

My warm up to today's workout will be the first 30 minutes of Cardio Fusion - to the end of the LIC combo.

Okay, so do you have any dinner recipe ideas for me? I'll bbl to finish up with the personals and see what you have! Oh, and LeaX, can I expect my new shirt by next week? :7

Cheers,
Sandra

Morning,

Classic/Phase 3/Week 4/Day 5

Today was Legs & Back, with nice gains in the back (lat pulldown) area. Eating a nice bowl of oatmeal right now. I bought some flaxseed yesterday and ground up about a cup and refrigerated what I didn't eat. I put a tablespoon on my cereal. Anyone else use ground up flaxseed? Should I ease into it more? Anyone notice any special benefits to using it? By the way, I got back my blood test results for the life insurance physical I had. My results were VERY good. Total cholesterol was 145 and the highs and lows were out of the normal range (but to the good side for each) so guess my eating style is okay. I was pleased.

I slept like a log last night, even after the 1 hour nap yesterday afternoon. Really looking forward to recovery week!

Traci, I sooooo envy you getting to enjoy the 80+ temps at the bay!! Sounds like a heavenly weekend. Enjoy your bike ride on Sunday! Weather doesn't look too good for this weekend here. I have my niece's baby shower to attend and will also be painting the kitchen so that takes care of that. Thanks so much for the encouragement to finish P90X, couldn't have brought it as well without your cheering. I find sooo much of this is mental. I look at the worksheet for pullups, reps and get competitive with myself to increase the numbers. Didn't know I had this in me. If I have that number in my mind, I can usually push to finish it. That's what's missing from Cathe's weight workouts as produced - that mental part for me. I also need time to wrap my mind around it and doing a Cathe weight workout, I feel rushed to keep up with them. Re: riding the bike, I don't know if you ride on the streets or a bike path, but I ride with a mirror that mounts on my sunglasses. It's called "Take A Look". I wouldn't be caught without one. I can see cars, other riders, anyone approaching from behind and it helps IMMENSELY. Even riding on a bike path, they are very helpful, so you don't pull into the path of someone trying to pass you from behind.

Tracy, enjoy your yoga today. Which one are you planning to do? I love to walk and before this new job, I walked 2 times a day up to the administration bldg. to pick up the mail. Total mileage there was probably around a mile or so I guess. With this new job, I don't have to pick up mail and have been so busy that I've not taken the time to walk. I'm sure it'll settle down soon and I'll get back into a routine. It's just so good to stretch the legs and unflatten the butt from the office chair. It's a real stress break.

Got to go, will write more later. Also have an ab workout to do tonite. Maybe something different than AbX.

Jeanette

Hello, hello, hello!!!
Sounds like all of you ladies are busy this morning! I am still not feeling right...got winded just bringing down the laundry! I think I may take my pooch on a nice long walk...and watch out for those pesky M&Ms...and then I may try to do the Bis from B&B...I am going to have to modify the back work from that anyway since I can't do pull ups...I don't know...I'll see how I'm feeling after the walk!

just a few quick personals...

Traci...Thanks so much for being the cheering squad for all of us...I can't tell you how much your support means to me! Have a wonderful time at the Bay this weekend...we're supposed to get snow! Have fun with legs today!

Tracy...Have a great day at work...and have a good time on your walk...Glad the weather is cooperating there!

Lea...Well, I guess you can just keep doing Imax over and over until you actually get tired! Good for you! I have some of the sweats from Victoria's Secret that have stuff written on the butt-ocks!

Jeanette...Congrats on your strength gains!! And on your blood work...My cholesterol is always high no matter how well I eat or how much I exercise...It runs in my family! Hope you had a nice visit with your friend yesterday.

Sandra...No ideas from me about dinners...With just DD and me, I never really have to cook...since all she wants is celery and oatmeal..I end having a bowl of cereal for dinner a lot! Have fun with your workout today..and congrats on your yoga gains! Are you like Gumby yet?

Okay...gotta run for now...so I can actually get my stuff done this morning...Since DD is having a sleepover tonight...Should be an adventure!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Waiting for meal 2 to digest a bit before hitting legs so thought Gosh- a perfect time to catch up!

TRACY: Costco....ohhh ahhhh I LOVE BULK! lolol way too much product for just me & DH, I always feel like I'm preparing to take cover from a hurricane or something. Enjoy your workout!!

LEA: No Way!!!! You could have done Imax 3 TWICE? You are my hero!!! So did that make you feel just a tad superior????? I'm crazy right there with ya lady! LOVE my Tony and just dont want to "date" anyone else right now.... I think its because he appreciates the guns! :+
LOL on the Giants across Arss!!!!! THAT is NOT where I'd want to place that word!!! If I had that across the "girls" perhaps they'd be encouraged to grow~ Very cool about Tosca answering you.... Way too cool too that you thought to send her that note... deep down you are one big old sweetie pie arent you? Tell me you were serious about running into a P90x star!!! I swear I'd be like a giddy kid and ask for an autograph! "Please sign my 4-pack sir!"

JEANETTE: Yeah on the sleep! I would imagine that when the energizer bunny crashes its pretty impressive! I use ground flaxseed + flax oil. I think it was Trac-Y that got me started on that???.... I have noticed improvement in my skin & hair... I dont do more than 1 table of flaxseed + 1 table of the oil a day- I think Trac-Y does more. Gotta love when medical stuff shows you how healthy 7 fit you are! Nice job!!! Those "Take a look" sound wonderful! I was just saying to DH last night how uncomfortable I felt not being able to see whats behind me... almost dropped myself a few times looking back there. Most cars are so quiet nowadays thats it was disconcerning. Will look into those pronto!!

SANDRA: SOOOOO happy you chose US!!! We are so much more fun than meal planning & grocery lists! I think that Debras DD has it right... Oatmeal & celery. .... What about a crock pot (love those!) chicken dish with broth, veggies and some brown rice or whatever startches you eat ???? BRAIN BUCKET :+ Yeah 30 bucks is probably my max for a tank too.... that was smart to bring that up...OK - Lets talk Yoga X.... You have got to be kidding!!! Kinda like Stetch X now??? NOT POSSIBLE! You get to be Sandra XX for that! Guess I should have done the darn thing more than twice eh? wait wait wait...did I sense just a little bit of meloncholy in your post...What is this.... are you actually go to say the words....."I miss Tony?"......

DEBRA: Shoot - on you not feeling better. Thats just crummy but it is what it is... dont over do and be sure to rest.`scratch that- you are having a sleepover tonight... PLAN B! REST SUNDAY` You are so welcome for the cheering! I want to meet the woman that actually completes this thing without a group like this for support... Shes a better person than I am! There is no way I would have made it to 30 days without you ladies! Great team here.

OK - Better start getting ready to meet Tony for a sweatfest! }(

I'm back...after walking the dog...I had no energy left to do Bis or Back...I'll shoot for tomorrow for that...I will do B&B with Tony tomorrow and just use bands in stead of doing actual pull ups..I think my wirst will tolerate that. At least I was able to walk around the neighborhood....but felt dizzy by the time I got home..not such a good symptom, hunh? Luckily I didn't fall on all of the ice patches still out there....WooHoo!!! Also...looking for some advice for recovery week....Since it doesn't look like I'll be able to do yoga or core syn (lots of push ups in both!), do you guys have any suggestions for a comparable rotation? I thought for my yoga day this week I would do StetchX...but I don't think I want to do it 4 times next week! If I were Sandra, of course, I could do yoga X and just feel like I was stretching...I'm not worthy!!!!! Just keep sending me good vibes...I'll need it with the impending sleepover!

Debra

Hola gals.

Miss Traci X - LOL on the Giants coming. Thank goodness it doesn't say wide load on my buttocks. But me a sweetie pie? Hell No!! I am an angry grumpy woman. Bah Humbug;-) . I think I ran into one of the dudes at TJ. This was like a week before I did the X. The reason I remember was that he was wearing a pink bandana around his head and kept frickin (see there is the bah humbug)smiling at me. But I can't be too sure ya know. Hope you have a fun sweatfest. I am so stoked on doing X weights tomorrow. YIPPEE. I'm a sick sick girl.

Miss Tracy x - Thank you for your concern on the helmet front for snowboarding. But I think at this lesson, my head isn't going to be the one hurting. I think my arss is(that is why they are supplying butt pads). But in the future, when I can actually snowboard, I will keep that in mind. Sorry to hear about your DS though. I hope that he is doing better.

Miss Jeanette almost X:D - I use ground up flaxseed. But mine is already ground, so I don't have to do the hard work. I also use flax seed oil. I don't know if I see benefits just from that, but doing the combo eating right and taking supplements my nails are looking nice, I have unbelievable energy and am always in an awesome mood now. Great news on your test results. And thank goodness it is nice to know that you do sleep. I was starting to get worried. And I would never never order a white shirt. I have two kids, so I know how easily a white shirt can get dirty. And YES, I am so excited about the boarding lesson. Mainly because it is all gals over 30 and an all gal group, so it should be a blast. Nope, never boarded in my life. Tried skiing, once out here and another time in Canada (Whistler) which is a beautiful place, but the beginner course was not a beginner course and scared the crap out of me. So I gave up skiing for a few years.

Miss Sandra almost X:D - I have to check out if they do charge per letter on the shirt. I was also leaning toward the grey shirts too. See, great minds think alike. Ok. For a meal next week. How about tacos? I make them and put all the ingredients on the table (shells, meat, cheese, onions, etc) and have my DS's put them together. They absolutely love taco night. Sorry that you are getting bored with yoga X, but you are exactly at the burn out point. It is tough to stick to it, but hang in, your almost there. Oh and Miss Sandra almost X, there is not way in he double hockey sticks that you will get your new shirt by next week. Sorry. It will have to be a late graduation present, but I will try to finish up as quickly as possible. Just have to make sure that we can actually put a Tony saying on our shirts.

Miss Debra almost X too???? - Rest rest rest my dear. Take a break wonder woman. It's ok. I hope that you feel better. Um....what do your Victoria Secrets sweats say across the buttocks? I'm afraid to ask?? LOL Have a great time with the sleepover you brave woman you!!

Miss Monica - Sorry that you just can't figure out what is going on with you. But it probably is a good thing that you don't have Celiac disease. I am going to have to try Cardio Coach. I dread the treadmill for the boredom factor. Hope you have fun cleaning today.

Ok gals, time for me to get cleaning. Have a great day and I will try to make some stride with the shirts today.

Lea

Hello X'ers,

I'm a little late today, because I decided to take the day off of work. DD's where off from school, so I thought why not. Besides I have to work as a timer at state swim meet around 3:30 this afternoon also. Will be working on Saturday morning too, then my commitment for the year is done. Yippee!

Anyway, the YogaX workout was great, but I had to cut it short. Oldest DD had to get to her last swim practice. I just finished Legs & Back plus ARX. I even add the leg conditioning drills from KM on to the workout. Just because I had the time to do it. :D

Have to go get my shower and get ready for the meet!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Back again. Still don't have a lot of time for personals, because I've still got to get that grocery list written. Let's see, you all gave me:

1. celery and oatmeal (seriously??? Oh Debra!). I'd love to just eat cereal for supper most nights, but I feel obligated to offer the family a bit more.
2. tacos. A great suggestion, LeaX. So great, in fact, that we had them last week :) (and yes, great minds do indeed think alike!).
3. crockpot full of chicken, broth, veggies, and rice. Not bad. Not bad at all. Might work.

I just remembered the lemon-garlic chicken recipe in the P90X manual. That was tasty, and easy. I'll make that, too. Sure, I reach the end of the program, then become interested in the diet! Doh.

TraciX - going to the Bay? We'll miss you!! And I AM NOT GOING BACK ONE WEEK!!!! x( This is NOT MonopolyX! I DO get to pass go and collect my t-shirt! Stop teasing me, or I'll tell Mom! I'm KenpoXing it with you tomorrow, btw. Boop Bop a dee bop. Thanks right back at you for dragging us all along on this journey together. I'm pretty sure I would have abandoned the program half way through, if not for the enjoyment of posting here with this group of people. (Okay, I admit, I stopped doing the workouts half way through and have just been posting made-up workouts. Do I still get a t-shirt?). My recovery week will be As Written (sigh). Jeanette's making me do it :p . Yup, doing YogaX faithfully does indeed give results. I will admit, though, that if I do another 90 day rotation, I will NOT be doing YogaX every time! I think to make it more challenging next week I'll do the KMBlast between every vinyasa :p

LeaX - IMAX3 two times through?? Do you really attribute that stamina to P90X? Wow!!! I'm very impressed. I can't say that I have missed doing any of the IMAX workouts for the past 3 months. But now you have me all curious to give IMAX3 a whirl. I think it's hilarious to put "It's supposed to be hard!" on the back of a pair of shorts :) :) Which one of the guys did you see at Trader Joes? No shirt by next week?? Well, how's that for lousy service? (Don't tell anyone, but I'm planning on buying a P90X shirt from BB, too. I want something with the official logo on it). I'd be surprised if you can't use any of the slogans you've picked. I see nowhere in the literature where those are trademarked or copyrighted. But I know naught about this, and since I'm a foreigner I might not be chargable under American law.

Jeanette - Very nice test results! How did DH do? And just think, while you were doing all that sleeping, your muscles were busy at work rebuilding themselves ever so much stronger. After recovery week, you're going to come out swinging! Woohoo! Surely you can pull ARX out of the bag ONE LAST TIME? It's only 16 minutes - 25 moves. It will be over before you know it. I live in Edmonton, Alberta. Look waaay up, and over to the east a bit. I'm the one who's waving.

Debra - oh dear on being so winded. I really applaud your efforts to accomodate all your aches and pains, and still do your workouts. I think if I were you, I'd want to encase myself in bubble-wrap and go to sleep for a week. But then DD would have a field day popping all those bubbles and you wouldn't get any sleep. Have fun with the sleepover! Oh, ah, and the bubblewrap thing is my suggestion for your recovery week.

TracyX - I'm still waiting to hear who was at your door. You've been working so hard these last few weeks, I guess it's really necessary for you to have a recovery week. Good work on bringing it so hard. You have an amazing level of self-discipline to work so hard on your own initiative. Maybe next week you should just forget about the intensity, and focus purely on fun-factor? Release the hedonistic beast and just do what feels fun for you.

Monica - Not Celiac disease? I'm sorry, but also relieved that you can cross it off your list. I know you want a diagnosis. I hope you get one. What's next on your list of tests? I've heard such great things about Cardio Coaches. I'm glad you had such a great treadmill workout.

I need to correct one of LeaX's quotes. The proper quote is "This is the face, sixteen, of a girl who's working hard, seventeen." :)

About the road trip - I really, really want to go. It was torture reading the forums before and after the last road trip. But the ever practical side of me is saying that is just too much money to spend on a 4 day weekend, when we need to finish the basement and build a deck and a garage this summer. The cost of the airfare is the main prohibition. If I lived closer, it would be a no-brainer.

Geez, all this muttering and I haven't even mentioned my workout. It was good. I even managed a couple unassisted wide-grip pull ups. And probably my most number of unassisted chin ups. My legs got well used, and my core is feeling toasty. No complaints! And I'm doing the happy dance.

Oh yeah - TraciX, I don't know what I was supposed to be spying on yesterday. I woke up before the dream got that far. I wonder...???

Well, time to finish the grocery list, feed DD#2, then head to the grocery store. Have a great afternoon!
Sandra

I am soooooo behind today....I need a time machine! have read, enjoyed immensely, laughed my arss off and did a "spittel" a few times!
I promise to catch up sunday night and talk to each of you wonderful ladies.... right now I'm sweating because I am running around... just had to say HAVE A MAAAAAAA-VALOUS weekend! You ladies are the absolute BEST BEST BEST.... Each story makes me feel like we are all old college buddies.....

Be good.... OR have fun.... AND be careful! Dont want to read of any ER visits OK DEBRA:eek:

Happy Happy safe weekend! xxooxxooxxoo
PS: I WILL BE CHECKING TO SEE WHO GETS UP AT 330 TOMORROW MORNING TO START THE POST! Maybe a little prize for the earliest riser?????:+

Happy Friday,

Sounds like everyone is happy! Maybe the flax is really working, only kidding, but sure works for me.

I am looking forward to my recovery week, but wondering what in the world I’m going to do next. I’m not a one body part a day person that interferes too much with my addiction to leg work. It is very difficult to keep motivating myself without Tony, even when I have the weights written down. Maybe I’m just tired of this 3 weeks rotation and fresh workouts will do the trick. Plus, I’m at a point where I just can’t lift much heavier on some exercises and by the end of the workout have to go down. I guess that can be a goal. Ugghh. I’d like someone to come in my house, workout with me, motivate me, with some humor too, and be good looking. Is that too much too ask?

But on the bright side, I have an ever so slight amount of soreness in my ABS! That doesn’t happen very often.

Traci – Sorry about the soap box and the helmet. I just can’t help it though. I won’t be carrying the 3:30 am torch. I hope that I can sleep in. Leg mish mosh today. I hope it went well, you know legs are my favorite. I hope you enjoy the bay. We have nothing close to that right now. It’s 40 and very windy. The 4 pack! I love it. I’m not sure what pack I have, but I know it will be a long time before it is a 6 pack if ever!

Lea – How about doing IMAX 3 or any IMAX and doubling the blast and skip the recovery? That is a challenge! I vote for grey too. It’s not my best color, but it sure wears well. I go to Costco with a certain amount of money to spend and add it up as I go along. I had 200 today and spend 194.87. I’ve been doing that for years, since I was a SAHM and I’m pretty good at it. If you don’t watch it you can spend so much in that store.

Jeanette – I haven’t bought the seeds. I guess I’m too lazy to grind them up. I think that there is something about them loosing their umphh… after being ground or you are supposed to keep it in the freezer. I swear, flax oil is like a miracle drug for my mood. I’m either doing Kest or Shiva today. I think Kest is a little harder the Eion. What do you think? It really stretches my hamstrings and they are generally sore afterwards, so maybe that is why I haven’t done that in a while. I love Eion’s form pointers though, but I love Kest’s twists.

Sandra – What about white chicken chili in the crock pot? That is a winner at my house or turkey chili? I also do a mean pork barbeque, but I’m not sure if you all are big meat eaters. I cook the meat in the crock pot in foil and let all of the fat drain to the bottom, then I put on the bbq sauce after I shred the meat in another pot. It really is simple. I do pizza too and made whole wheat crust this week and there were no complaints. I agree on the yoga X, it just moves too slow. Get out Shiva, she flies through some of the vinyasas to the point where I am ready to break a sweat. I just love her workouts, I just wish they weren’t quite as advanced because I have to drum up something to do while she is in one of those gumby poses!

Laurie- Adding on the leg conditioning drills was a good way to spice up legs and back. I enjoyed that workout and always did well on the pull-ups. I always seem to get less done when I stay at home then when I have to get my a$$ up and go to work. Funny how that happens. I can remember days when I wouldn't shower until 2.

Debra – Sorry you are having such a rough time of it. I hope you get all of your aliments under control ASAP. We used to have a rabbit and if the dogs could get into the outside pen, they would spend hours picking out every little M&N.

Off to walk while it is still reasonably warm, like 40, and I have enough daylight left to go long enough to call it my low intensity cardio.

Tracy

Hi again. I am sooooo bored with cleaning.

Sandra - Hey the Imax 3 two times I think is attributed to the big X and Tosca. I am rarely tired anymore. I think that I am going to stick to Cathe's step workouts because those are just fun fun fun. Are you getting the tank from BB? I sooooo wanted that. Maybe, just maybe. I have a fun kids story for you. While I was on the phone last night, my darling darling son's decided to run around with crayons. Fine. Then they started marking each other shirts up AND then my 3 year old thought it would be nice to draw on all of the wall in the house. Guess he thought the house really needed painting and mommy was being too slow. And if that is not enough, my darling 6 year old son thought it was cute to draw on the wall along with my 3 year old. God, how I love my darling sons. Guess I don't have to paint anymore. Just leave it to my kids. (Whom I rent). Oh, and thank you for the correction. How could I have gotten that one wrong after doing that workout umpteen million times? Brain freeze.

Tracy - Dang woman, if I had your brains, I would be dangerous. I can't believe that I didn't think of that. How brilliant. I must try that. But since I only have Imax 3 in it's entirety, I will have to do that. Maybe I can do the Imax 2 fittv version and add on the blasts from 3.

Traci - Oh, if I get up at 3:30 can I get that diamond bracelet??? PLEAZZZZEEE????? Have a great weekend yourself.

***** Ok, so it looks like we are going to go for the dark grey tank shirt. If anyone has any problems with this please let me know. I am going to start designing it this weekend. Hopefully by Monday I can show you a sample and you can say yay or nay and we will go on from there. If you like the sample, I will get a price........Ok? Have a great weekend. Talk to you crazy gals tomorrow.

Lea

Okay.....so it took me a little while...but I have come up with THE quote to go on the t-shirts......

"She flies through the air with the greatest of ease!"

Debra

Hardy har. You know I have thought of that one too.........Very nice. Definately thinking about that one.....

Lea

Good evening ladies!

Busy day again today. Did buy 4 pairs of shoes, including a new pair of New Balance cross trainers as mine were almost a year old and I was starting to feel tired arches and feet. Just got done with Gilad's abs and really concentrated on the contraction and burning. I know, I should have done AbX for the last time, but guess I think I will be using it a lot still in upcoming rotations as it's been pretty darned effective.

Lea, wow, Imax3 could have been done twice? Just shows you how much cardio capacity we can still keep even while doing a lot less. I am really thrilled with that part myself, and so pleasantly surprised. that's cool that Tosca wrote you back. I still have some more reading to do, the recipes look good. LOL re: the GIANTS on the arse. Gray tank is fine with me too. Thanks so much for doing all this work. I can't wait for the snowboarding lesson for you. A group sounds wonderful! You've just got to try Cardio Coach!! It is definitely the ticket to relieve boredom! Can't wait to hear more about the T-Shirts, I'll be sooo proud to wear mine!

Sandra, you impress me so much with your cooking. I haven't cooked in ages. Seems like the only time I do is when we go cooking and then it's fun for me. I'm one of those hurry up and grab, devour and be done with it types. Love the holidays though, for the cooking and eating part. I can just picture the hamster chocolate sprinkles LOL! However, a friend emailed me something about how bad potato chips are for you and what they are made of. What did I do, grab a handful as soon as DH opened the bag. Lot of good visuals do me. You just reminded me that I need to get DH's blood test results too. I'll email the insurance agent. I'm kind of ashamed, I did a Gilad tonite, but I still got a burn. I'll definitely be using AbX in the future, just needed a change as I did it twice this week already. Wow, Alberta. I've never been to Canada. My folks have a few times and really enjoyed their time there. Now of course we have to have a passport. ^5's on your pullups today!!! I need to find a bar somewhere to see if I can even do 1. Guess I don't want to be disappointed after a whole rotation to not be able to do any. I'm just satisfied with my weight increases for lat pulldowns.

Debra, hope you enjoyed your walk, even though it winded you. This bug is just apparently taking it's time in leaving. So many people where I work have been sick. One lady I worked with developed "walking pneumonia". She just couldn't quit the cough and finally went in and got checked to discover the pneumonia. She took the whole week off from work. I too could live on oatmeal every meal of the day, but found out if I don't have the carbs at night, I am much leaner looking and still have enough energy.

Traci, the Take A Look mirrors are the best that I know of. I know what you mean about cars sneaking up because they are so quiet. I always used to hate left hand turns because it was hard for me to look over my left shoulder to see the traffic from behind. Now I use my mirror (but still glance slightly before actually turning) and it's so much nicer. Also if you're riding with someone else, you can tell if they fall off the pace and slow down for them. My hair is naturally pretty shiny, but hoping the flaxseed improves that even more. Are there other benefits?

Laurie, sounds like a busy day for you. Way to go on adding more on to the Leg workout today!

Tracy, you are right. Kest is harder than the Eoin PY4H that I have. I really need to get some new ones. I have a couple on Netflix coming, but can't remember what. Baron Baptiste maybe or Rainbeau Mars. I put the ground leftover flaxseed in the fridge, but maybe I'd better move it to the freezer instead.

See y'all in the morning, but I'm sure it won't be 3:30 a.m.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.