X-XX-XXXers: Wild & Wicked Wednesday

My mom is okay. Apparently, my sister has been trying to reach me since last night. I had my phone on quiet for Bible Club and never changed it back to normal. You'd think she'd call the home phone. Anyhow, she got the bright idea to call Phil's cell today. So, Phil called me with the news. My sister found out that my mom went into the hospital Saturday afternoon when she tried calling her last night. I spoke with my mom that morning and she wasn't feeling good... out of breath. She even told me to stop calling her... she didn't have any energy to teach me how to cook over the phone. LOL Anyhow... That's the only information my sister had. My mom's boyfriend couldn't remember the room number. All he said was that it had to do with her diabetes.

I've been on the phone trying to track my mother down. Finally got the hospital number and room number.

Anyhow, her sugars were off. (too low? or too high? I didn't think to ask her.) Her boyfriend went to the pharmacy to get her some medicine. The pharmacist took one look at my mother and told him to take her to the emergency room ASAP. She was in ICU until yesterday. The doctor told she's lucky she's still alive. She's in a regular recovery room now. She hasn't talked to the doctor today to ask when she is expected to be released. I asked her why she never had someone call to tell me!!! She said, "I didn't want to bother you." She didn't realize how bad she was. I made her promise to call me the next time she goes to the hospital. She still sounds tired and out of breath like she did on Saturday. I yelled at her when she told me her boyfriend brought her some papaya salad yesterday. Her doctor doesn't even know yet. I made her promise me she would tell him when he makes his rounds.

I feel more at ease now that I've talked to her. I'm off to get something to eat. I'll continue personals later. Thanks for all your thoughts!!!!

Hugs!!!
Wendy

IS IT OVER YET?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!

Woke up to a lovely head cold. You know the kind where you can't even open your eyes without extreme head pain. My DFIL took the boys to school again so at least I didn't have to drive as that would have been so scary.

DS #1's birthday was on Monday and that was one of my worst days. My DMIL took cupcakes to school for him and picked him up and took them to her house then made the whole group, minus myself, dinner and dessert. I am so grateful for my in-laws! They are so good to me when I'm sick.

Sandra, So glad your yuckies were only a day. I read your post and thought, oh no, not another one. It was so nice of your DD to share;) Enjoy your time with your parents.

Wendy, So sorry your mom is not doing well. I think it's a mom thing to think we are always ok. I'm glad it was caught before it got too bad. I hate being sick because it reminds me I'm not invincible:p

Traci, You'll still need more Lysol:D This stuff is NASTY!!! My house actually wreaks of Lysol because DH is spraying everything I touch with it:p Do you have the same beautiful weather we are having right now? It's 80 today. I laid in the sun to rejuvenate myself and it helped a bit:)

Latrese, Sorry you didn't get a snow day:( We got 2 inches of snow two weeks ago and the world stopped:D

Laurie, Is Cami still doing well? I think I saw on the news you got more snow. Are you ready to come visit me yet?;)

Debra, So just wheb I get my cell list organized you go and get a new one, huh?;) It's good for you to see what CBL is like when stressed because that is the true judge of ones character, not the good times. I'm glad to see you are doing so well in school. I see it suits you:D

Lea, I think I was 16% BF when I was 5 and after that I've been storing fat for the winter, even in the summer just to be safe:p I am better today, thanks for asking:)

Tracy, Are you 100% again? What about your food intake, are you getting more? It's probably easier for you in the summer when all of the produce is fresh and yummy:9 I am anxious for light, fresh food again.

Jeanette, Glad you made it a yoga day. Every day is a good yoga day! Maybe we could all go to a yoga class together in NC:) Isn't it nice of DH's to add their two bits about our workouts? My DH does that about all of mine except P90X. He knows he could get into good shape doing it. Maybe one day he will:) Nice weather for you too?

Ok, I had to do all of this from my short memory because my eyes do not want to read yet. I will do it justice tomorrow, I hope. If I wake up sick tomorrow I will go into a deep depression, I swearx(

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Quick greeting from Lux.
Well I made it safe...but not the luggages...x( :eek: :eek: . I had 3 hours layover in Amsterdam so I don't understand... They were supposed to come with the 4:25pm flight but...didn't make it. Now they are expecting them with the 10:25pm flight. I am leaving again tomorrow for Switzerland so I need them...x( x( x(
I managed to get Yoga X before leaving yesterday and I did L&B +ABX today after arriving home. So I am on track for now.
Got to go and get DD from the gare. She was auditioning today in Germany. Probably be back only Sunday.
Bye for now;-)

Another short check in from me, just finished YogaX.

Wendy- Glad that your mom is okay! Is she in hospital in Thailand of USA?

Sandra/ Nicole Hope you're feeling better soon!

Traci- Where do you get all your energy from? Are you this energetic in real life? I love your enthusiastic morning posts.

Christaniane- Hope you get your luggage soon! Did you hear how dd did in her audition?

Debra- Good luck on your report sounds interesting>

Laurie- The runs with your dd's sound like fun. I'm looking forward to doing an outside run this week. I'm dogsitting my sister's dog this week and he is following me like a shadow, I think he's feeling a little loss.

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to catch up with everyone. Hope to have more time on Friday. Gotta help dd with her homework and get her into bed at a decent time. Kim

Hi all...finally getting back to say hello...since it is already 9:45 here I am just going to do a really quick post....I must get my beauty rest....and if I am honest...I am too drained to do much of anything right now!

Let's see....got my outside report completed and ready to turn in on Friday. I will have to do a little studying tomorrow in case we have a test on Friday, but I am anticipating the test will be Monday. My plan for tomorrow is doing all the house cleaning chores I didn't get to today. I also have my dr's appt in the morning...so I will keep you posted about that. I ended up doing some more of Eoin's new dvd...Wow was chapter 3 a toughie!! A definite leg burner...at least as tough as any of Bryan Kest's if not a bit harder! I also really enjoyed chapter 1...which included child's pose and a couple of really nice chest and shoulder openers.

Okay...to hit the highlights of personals.....

Traci...
Have a wonderful day off from everything tomorrow...Take it easy and do something you enjoy. Glad to know that Stacy is only going to rear her sassy head once a month!

Wendy....
Sorry to hear about your mom....Hope she is feeling better and back to her regular crazy self soon! Yes, I have internet access...I am very excited with my new phone and I spent part of my evening playing with it...taking pictures of the dog and stuff!

Kim...
Nice to see you pop by....Sounds like you are busy as usual!

Laurie...
So nice you have your DD's to run with...Nice that you let her win...lol! I wish I had sunglasses on while I was staring at these women...I know that at least one of them must have been wonder WTF I was looking at...LOL!

Sandra....
Sorry the bug from he!! attacked your stomach. Hope you are feeling right as rain now. Good luck with the meeting with your advisor tomorrow. And yes, I had to observe people in public and their nonverbal communication....so basically, I spied on 2 women having a business lunch today. I should be ready to start the Feb rotation on Monday or so.

Jeanette...
Have a wonderful time with the Boys tonight! Glad you took a break from your scheduled cardio for yoga...I think it has some amazing benefits. Eoin always says in his videos that your older self will thank your younger self for doing yoga!

Lea...
My dear, glad to see you out and about! It does sound like you need to add some calories to your diet. 16% is awfully low if you are not a training athlete.

Nicole...
Dear soul....Sounds like you are still having a tough week. Hope things get dramatically better soon. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Glad you in-laws are so supportive.

Christiane...
I am amazed at your ability to keep up with your workouts with your extensive travel schedule. I bow to you, o goddess of the traveling Xers! Good luck retrieving that luggage!

Okay ladies....I am going to try to relax a bit before bed...and take the dog out for her last potty of the night. She has been nothing but bad lately...she got into our dinner AGAIN tonight..What a bad dog!! I think I may trade her for Cami...LOL!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi everyone,
Had a good workout with 3 of the Garage Boys. We did Time Trial Special from the Spinervals. It was okay, but I like more sprints rather than longer steady state combos.

Emailed my Ironman lady friend. She's going to be doing the run part (13 miles) of the 1/2 Ironman Relay that we are doing in May. She's really fast so guess I'm going to have to step up the biking training. Like actually riding a real hill. Hmmmm. The bike part is 56 miles, with 6,000' of climbing. A challenge for sure. Okay, now I'm getting nervous.

Lea, I sure wish I had your problem of being too thin. Believe me, I have plenty of fat to take me thru many famines. Can we trade BF%? Did your DS ride his bike home from school today? I'd love to ride my bike to work but then there is the issue of helmet hair or showering or wrinkled clothes.

Wendy, so you are not the good natured virgin? I used to be able to sing on key. However, if you don't use it, you lose it. I do have a Shiva and like it a lot. What part of Shiva does Phil not like? I have terrible legs and fat pads on the inside of my knees. Nothing a little lipo wouldn't fix. :7 I took after my Mom with storing fat in my hips and thighs, but as I get older, I'm storing more in my belly, like my Dad. Oh well, at least I'm not obsessing about it anymore. It is what it is (genetics-wise). Okay, the cheesecake cravings have finally subsided. That really was a delicious CC, and thanks so much for the recipe. So fun to share recipes with my friends on here. Amazing thing, this internet, huh? Wendy, so scary with your Mom in the hospital. Hopefully everything is under control now. Has she always had diabetes? Does she usually keep it under control?

Laurie, nice run this morning with your DD's. I'm not a runner, but it sure would be nice to run with my kids. Yeah, go ahead and laugh about my tucked in skirt. One of the guys in our choir who saw the skirt teased me later on by walking past where I worked with his jacket stuck into his pants. Funny. Not. Hope your DH gets all those files transferred. He needs to get busy on your dress. Do you have a link to the pattern? I'd love to see it. I was glad to see that my BF% is normal too. I'm sure we all are, we just are extremists and like that minimal BF% (ripped look). Sick, aren't we? Guess we could be engaging in more harmful activities.

Latrese, now you've got me curious as to the embarrassing thing that happened to you. Pray tell.

Nicole, hoping you are feeling better now. Doing yoga together would be fun. Hope you found a decent airfare. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying too.

Christiane, so happy you made it back safely. I am so impressed with how you get your workouts in, usually no matter what happens. Hope that luggage arrives in time for your departure. Hope things settle down for you soon.

Kim, hope things settle down soon. Hope all sickness is gone from your household and weather is warming up. It's been nice here (finally).

Debra, so your dr.'s appointment is in the morning? So glad! Hope they find an easy solution to your fatigue. So Eoin's new one is a leg burner? One of Bryan Kest's (Intensive Body Sculpting) is a leg burner too. Hope it's not my imagination, but I'm feeling and looking a bit leaner. Hoping to keep it going. Could be the less cardio? I'm going for 3X a week, and counting my bike training/rides as part of that. Think I have a cardio session tomorrow. Probably do a step workout as I've really missed it. So Polly's been a bad dog? No biscuit for her. Bet it's hard to be mad at her. Our's are so sensitive they can't stand us to even speak sharply to them.

Must go,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.