WW question please???

icklemoley

Cathlete
Has anyone seen the new program Weight Watchers for men? I'm assuming its the same as for women, only geared for the male. Anyway, i have ordered, but was wondering, can anyone answer me a question so i can get started before it arrives? I weight 12 st (168lbs) and do about 2 1/2 hours of exercise per week total...can anyone tell me how many points i should be eating per day? I would be very welcome. Thank you all x

Hi Wayne,

I have the UK Time To Eat booklet (from February 2003) and it says for a man between 12 and 14 stone, they need 28 points daily, and if you are a man 10 - 12 stone in weight, you need 26 points daily. Out of your daily points must come your calcium intake:
1 pint skimmed milk = 2 points
1 pint semi skimmed milk = 4 points
1 pint whole milk = 8 points

Or, if you don't like milk,

2 small tubs low fat natural yoghurt = 3 points
80g Hard cheese (eg, cheddar) = 5 - 9 1/2

As for banking your exercise points, they vary, and I'm not sure if the plan has altered here in the UK, I know it has in the US ?

Anyway, HTH !

Good Luck

Anna :)

Thanks so much Anna :) Very kind of you. 26-28 points...ummmmmm that doesn't seem like much food to me! lol ... but i guess some of you are probably on 18 or so, so i shouldn't grumble should i! lol ... well i'll give it ago, and see where it takes me...now, if only i had one of those ww calculators! x

Hi Wayne,

I think 1 WW point roughly equals to 50 - 60 calories, so you can get a rough idea of what your daily calorie intake is. I am on 22 - 25 points, depending on activity levels, its not too bad, as long as you fill up on salad, veg, and fruit. I am not that hungry on it, I was however, starving on Rosemary Conley's Low Fat eating plan.

Did you order your pack through WW's UK online or through the magazine ? I shall have to check it out as I am sure they have changed the plan since I joined, because they were finding the 18 points was way too low.

Glad to have been some help :)

Anna :)

OMG - HELP ME! 1 point = 50-60 calories. If i'm meant to be on 26-28 that means only 1680 calories per day. That isn't enough to keep me gonig till mid-day! How do you weight watchers manage?

I just made goal after six months on WW, and I ate on the average 23 to 24 points a day the whole way through. Veggies are zero points, but obviously have calories, so you actually do get more calories per day. It DOES work. Trust me!! If I can do this (with my CONSTANT chocolate and sweet cravings!!), ANYONE can!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol
:)

P.S. sugarless hard candy (1 pt. for 4 pieces), and lots of WATER saved my butt the whole six months!!!)
:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.