Workout Mon Nov 22

Mckmain

Cathlete
Good morning ladies....I am doing P90X Chest, Shoulders and triceps and AbRipperX...maybe some light cardio later in the day. I know after my long run yesterday I need to see my Chiropractor for some adjustments...have a good day....:)....Carole

Hi Carole good morning. Lot of Power 90 X fans in these forums. Today is CK for me.Have a great day.

Mariángeles a spanish termin<tor junkie.:)

Good Monday morning! What a greeeeat way to start the week! This morning I did Step, Jump & Pump (step/hi lo/ weights circuits; Premix4), followed by Push Pull, and tacked the SJP abs/planks on the end. I feel thoroughly worked from head to toe, and had a really fun time doing it. I find Push Pull to be the most "fun" of all of her weight workouts. And it flies by.

Sandy, the PUB/PLB combo would be a great sub for Push Pull. Nice idea! If you want to join in on this week's rotation, just do SJP today, do your gym workout (weights, right?) on Tues; gym workout (advanced cardio?) on Weds; and then the rest of my rotation from Thurs to Sat. That would work very well, I think! If you think doing the SJP weights today would not be a good idea sine you're going to do weights at the gym tomorrow, then do KPC instead, or one of the SJP/SB premix combos that take an hour or so.

Have a great day, all!
Sandra

Hi Ladies,

I will be spinning tonight. I also did a lot of running this weekend and need a break.

Josie

I'm starting Week 2 of the November rotation tonight. S&H Chest, S&H Triceps and abs from somewhere (sure wish I had Core Max!)

I saw this nifty way to do chest presses in this month's Shape. You lay on the floor, put your feet flat on the floor and lift your body up so it's a straight diagonal line from your knees down to your upper back (which is still flat on the floor). You do the presses keeping your core and legs contracted. I'm thinking I might try that tonight.

Hello Everyone! Did a lot of bits and pieces today. Started with first 1/2 KPC then did BodyMax upper body and abs peppered with CTX chest and biceps and Timesaver shoulders. My upper body is feeling very nicely pumped indeed.:)

The Incredibles was a fun movie. The five minute short before the actual movie starts was hilarious, adorable and worth the price of admission. Holly Hunter is the voice of Helen Incredible which was a great surprise. I love Holly Hunter, she might just be my favourite contemporary actress.

Have a great day all!

Take Care
Laurie

Hi everyone!

Today is SJP premix #4 and if i'm feeling extra zippy I will try to add in a combo from SB....need to catch up from yesterday}( ;-) !!

Sandra, oh I don't mind doing some weights today, I'll just go a little lighter today then go heavier tomorrow night......I'm definitely planning on doing the rotation the way you suggested. I want to get PP/SS to complete my BB series I was watching some video clips and I really want it!! Plus you mentioned the "fun" factor too:D This series really is soo much fun it almost doesn't feel like a workout because how could working out be this much fun??!!! The time really flies by!

Oh I should be getting my package sometime today from Active You so I'm extremely excited:7 !

Hi Everyone,

Well this morning I did S&H Triceps and Chest. Tonight is some sort of Ab workout. I too would love to have Core Max now. Maybe tonight will be abs from SJP.

I feel a bit better today but my breasts are still really sore and I still have some other symptoms. Does anyone know how early I can take a pregnancy test? Right now I am about 7 days post ovulation.

Sandra- How are you feeling today?

Donna- Great suggestion for the chest presses - I think I am going to try that. Thanks.

Have a great day everyone!
Wendy

I did PS Chest and Triceps then abs off of S&H Triceps, Biceps and abs. Went kinda heavy on chest, my weight is heading the wrong direction and after last weeks lame workouts I need to get on the ball.

Have a great day!!:)

RE: Wendy: PG test

This is a long post for Wendy, all about pregnancy tests. Rather off-topic for this thread, so skim on by if you aren't interested....

Wendy, oooh, that's great! When you can take a preg test is really up to you, but the earlier you take it, the less likely you will be to get a positive reading, even if conception has occurred. In this regard, even 24 hours can make the difference between a positive and a negative result. Once the fertilized egg implants into the uterine lining, your body (or the fertilized egg; can't remember which), begins to emit the hormone HCG. This hormone accumulates in your blood, therefore increasing in quantity every single day. It doubles and even triples on a daily basis. Pregnancy tests where you pee on the stick detect the presence of this hormone, but some are able to detect it at lower levels of concentration than are others. The lowest detectable levels with home pregnancy tests are 25 units, which is approximately the amount in your system by 1-3 days after implantation. This would be 8 to 13 days after conception (and ovulation, if they happened on the same day). Some pregnancy tests require 100 units of the HCG before they will read positive, so they are not going to give you a positive test until at least 1 day after your missed period. If you want to test early, there is a pregnancy test on the market called "First Response." It detects 25 units, and advertises that it can detect a pregnancy only 7 days after conception (but you need to have been one of those few women whose fertilized egg travelled to the uterus in only 4 or 5 days). It's excellent that you are experiencing these symptoms, as I believe it means that there may already be HCG in your system. Go ahead and test today if you want, but DO NOT be concerned if it is negative. Actually, wait until first thing tomorrow morning, when your urine is most concentrated. You will increase your odds of having the test pick up low levels of HCG. Test daily, if you want, and you have the money to invest (pg tests add up really quickly!!). The cheaper, generic tests on the market are not a viable option, because they require higher concentrations of HCG in your system. Can you tell I did my homework on this? :) I spent 10 months TTC last year, and wasted a lot of money on pg tests because I was too impatient. But it's so gosh awfully hard to be patient, isn't it??

I'm feeling mildly queasy today (it started yesterday, actually!). I don't have any breast sensitivity, as you do, but I read that that can be a delayed sensation if it is not the first pregnancy. I'm 8 dpo, and if the queasiness continues, I'll likely take the First Response test on Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe. I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment, and I hate wasting the money due to impatience. Not getting enough sleep also makes me feel queasy, so I'm not booking my doula just yet :)

By the way, are you 100% positive of the day you ovulated? I'm asking because earlier ovulation/conception may explain your early symptoms. Of course, another explanation is.........twins! Twice the baby equals twice the HCG concentration! You will feel it sooner!!

I look forward to your reply!
Sandra

Wow...great workouts all around today and it even a Monday!!

Wendy and Sandra...how exciting for you two....:)...I know you will keep us posted.

I got adjusted and feel lots better, it helps my Choropractor is my nephew!.....:)...Carole

>Oh I should be getting my package sometime today from Active
>You so I'm extremely excited:7 !

Oh good heavens, that is exciting!! What a great motivator!

Yes, PP/SS are both terrifically fun. I don't think you even notice how hard you're actually working. SJP and PP complement each perfectly; I feel from each as though I only got a "half" workout. Put the two together, and voila! Toasty!! I've switched my Saturday weights from the entire Push Pull workout to the Push Pull Upper Body Twice premix. LG on Friday should be quite enough on the legs for this week! PUB would work great for your Saturday, if you have the time?

Your weekend in NYC sounded like a blast. How close are you to the city? A short drive? Hours away?

Sandra

I celebrated my full recovery from the food poisining on the elliptical, running on it w/ hand weigths for 50 min, just could not get off of it. How sad is that, I'm a prisoner of the machine....:) :) No time left for weights -- I'm just so busy at work now -- but I'll do extra tomorrow.
Carole, I'm glad that you are better. You just know how to pick your family members, right?
Sandra, Wendy -- good luck to you guys! Mari

I am wrapping up the third week of the november rotation. Today called for PS standing legs and 30 minutes of cardio, but I only managed the PS standing legs. I just couldn't find the extra oomph today to tack on the cardio, so instead of pushing myself I listened to my body and called it a day.

* feeling very guilty right now*

Tammy

I'm taking it a little easy today. I beat myself up this weekend and now I'm kind of sore!;( SO I'm going to do some Pilates and stretching and call it a day! Keep up the great work girls! Susan

Hi Sandra!

Oh I'm about 45-50 minutes from NYC......taking the train it's about an hour or so...I grew up in this area and I STILL refuse to drive in..no thanksx( !!! That is the nice thing about living in central NJ, I enjoy NYC very much...love the restaurants, shopping and cultural events but I would never want to live there though...it's just me, when I go home I need my green and peace and quiet:+!! I'm much more a beach girl which is great because in about 30 minutes (depending how fast I drive}( ) I can get to my favorite beach!

Oh when I get PP/SS I will have to try what you do for the saturday weights!! Yes I was actually thinking PUB on saturday....gosh I really love those pyramids!! By the way I think i did the wrong premix today....i was in a rush and I hit the Step blast premix with weights from SJP but it was still really fun!

Got the active you stuff today and the verdict......Yes, they really do live up to the hype...I really liked my stuff the pants fit great, I could have gotten a small actually but I like that they are loose on the waist to give that smooth appearance....the tops are great although I would be more comfortable with a larger size only because I'm EXTREMELY self conscious about my waist, not to mention how I look from the rear, but that's a whole other story:+ .....but it's definitely doable and I have to remember that a year ago I would have NEVER dreamt of wearing this stuff in the house much less out in public so I'm pretty proud of the progress I've made so I can't complain too much;) ! The fabric feels so light it feels like you are working out in nothing:eek: So needless to say I will probably be ordering more in the near future or after Christmas!

Have a great night!

Hi everyone,

I've been sick for about 3 days now & today I actually didn't go to work. Drama! I haven't called out in probably 5 years. I feel like something my silly cat dragged in.

I come to the forums of course, but by the time I get to here I'm so tired I can barely type. I have always read the forums in this order: "Ask Cathe", "Videos & DVDs" & then "Open Forum". So I've just decided I'm going to reverse that, at least until I feel better.

I did work out yesterday...I did PLB but down only, no floorwork...couldn't face that. And Basic Step! JUST enough. Today I did Step Fit which I consider pretty easy, but even so it wiped me out.

Tammy...no guilt!! Cathe always says to listen to your body, & you did. That's the smart thing to do. Unlike me, which is another story. LOL

Ruth:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.