Workout bra recommendations needed

pjlippert

Cathlete
Hi there!

So, it's time for me to buy a new workout bra. The 'girls' are big-ish. I'm about a 38D so I want something with very, very, very, very good support think HiiT workout bounceage.

Thanks gals!

Mine are huge-ish and I have never found a single sports bra that does the trick - not at any price. What I've found to be the best solution is layering up. I wear a thin sports bra with cups (like Hanes) then another sports bra on top that has a thick elastic band at the bottom (I like the C9 by Champion from target). That is usually sufficient for plyo but I often do have a sports top with shelf bra on top of both. I've never felt restricted although I've been doing it awhile, it may take getting used to.

I would LOVE to know if any ample girls out there have found a really effective bra. I do a lot of plyo and even the NASA-designed $80 suckers just don't cut it :(

Hi Hanna,

Thank you so much! I forgot to mention that it was a reinforcing bra to go on top of my normal bra... just like you no single bra can possible keep them in place with higher impact moves! What's a top shelf? I am praying that the "girls" shrink some with all this working out. Really, NASA?? How could they fail us? :eek:

Hey gals! Still need some workout bra recs. I wear two bras so the sports bra will go over my other bra. Super bounce control, por favor!

I'm a 34C and I also wear 2 sports bras when I am doing impact workouts. I have some champion bras that I use - but what I thought might be worth checking out is the title 9 catalogue. This company has a fair number of workout bras to choose from and tells you what kind of impact they are made for - using # of dumbbells to indicate how much support each bras has.

http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies.do

Hi Ladies,

I am a 36D and I have been wearing Moving Comfort's Fiona style. This is a great bra for HIIT! You can hoist up the girls with velcro adjustments on the straps without causing the uniboob effect.

They can be found in the Title 9 catalog but are on closeout with Sierra Trading Post. They happen to have 38D in a couple of colors for $19.96. I just bought a few for $24.95 and the price just dropped again. You can also find online discount codes for this store. They are usually $50.00 or more each.

I hope you find something you like!

I recommend Enell bras. The girls don't move at all with them. They are expensive so I buy mine from resellers on ebay. They are new but have a minor (very minor) flaw so you get them for almost half price. :)

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk

The best out there. I used to double or triple up but you can plyo in these and you will not move.

I know they are available in Canada and I am sure you can find them in the US as well. Some of them are even cute and that is hard to say for a sports bra. I am a 34E and they even carry my size.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.