Workout Blender issue with Chromecast

Hi – Having trouble with the Workout Blender. The videos I created are not streaming properly with Chromecast. When I stream my video, Chromecast disconnects after each chapter and I have to reconnect each time my video changes to the next chapter. The video stills plays on the device, it just stops streaming to the TV and I have to reconnect to Chromecast. This doesn’t happen when I play the same videos on my computer, nor does it happen with any of the On Demand videos, they play just fine on Chromecast. There seems to be some kind of issue between the Workout Blender and Chromecast. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue or if there is a fix for it??? Thanks

We have a Nexus 7 here in the office to test on and have not seen the problem, so here are some more questions for you so that we can help figure out what is going on: What version of Android are you using on the tablet or phone? The Nexus 7 originally shipped with a version of 4 (KitKat), and can be updated to 5 (Lollipop). Our Nexus 7 is running 5 without problem. Is the Chromecast up to date? You can check this by going to the Chromecast app on your tablet and check if there is an update available. Please let us know the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I updated chromecast and google chrome, nothing has changed. My nexus is running 5 too. my phone is the EVO 4G LTE,( my phone may be too old, I don't know, my main concern is to try and get the Nexus 7 to work). It seems that Chromecast thinks every chapter is a new video and disconnects after each one. Again, if I play an on demand, or cathe live video, it streams straight through. This only happens on the videos I created using various chapters from different videos. Let me know if you need any more info - Thanks so much!

As an experiment, could you give me an example of chapters that you are lining up in your workout? I want to attempt to make things here as close to what you are having problems with to try to recreate the problem. I agree the phone might not be a good "test subject" but the tablet should be fine.

Ok -here is a partial line up of one of the videos I put together:
Body Blast Series:Timesaver 1 Chest/Triceps - Pushups
Afterburn, Interval #2A Disc Moumtain climbers
Circuit Blast, Round 3 Walking plank pushups
Circuit Blast Round 4 Squat Thrust pushups
Afterburn Interval #2B disc mountain climbers
Flextrain, chest with discs

There's more, but I think that should give you enough chapters to test.

Just FYI - I also ended up getting a new phone yesterday. Its the Samsung Galaxy S6. No luck with streaming on the Samsung either. When I try to stream from the old or new phone, I am unable to get the little box to appear on the screen that allows you to connect to Chromecast. This only happens on the Cathe site, as I am able to get the box to appear if I go to Youtube and I can stream a random video there. Just thought that info might be helpful to you.

As for the tablet, I am able to get the box to pop up, connect to Chromecast and start streaming - it just disconnects after each chapter.

Thanks again for taking the time to test all this!

Hi, just to let you know we haven't forgotten about you and are still in the process of testing it out and attempting to recreate the issues. I'll let you know if we are able to accomplish it.

Has there been a resolution or answer to this problem because I experience the same thing. It's quite frustrating because it doesn't flow like a premix on DVD and you have to keep recasting back to Chromecast. Please advise. I've tried in on my phone, tablet and laptop and they all do the same thing.

Has there been a resolution or answer to this problem because I experience the same thing. It's quite frustrating because it doesn't flow like a premix on DVD and you have to keep recasting back to Chromecast. Please advise. I've tried in on my phone, tablet and laptop and they all do the same thing.

The last I heard they were "working" on solving the problem, but I haven't heard back from anyone. It didn't work on my phone or tablet either so I ended up canceling On Demand and just went with Cathe Live. I wish they could figure out the problem because I agree, it is very frustrating and I'm bummed I can't use On Demand.

The only problem we've seen is with Apple Mobile devices and what kerribrooks has reported. What, browser and devices are you using? Also what version of chromecast are you using? Also, are you perhaps using a smart TV?

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.