Wonderful Wednesday in the ::CHEETAH:: Den

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

Sorry I missed you gals last night. I just had a bunch of stuff to get done before these next two glorious days so I couldn't get back here to chat. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity today.

There are two shout outs I do want to do though....

Linda - HI sweetie! Oh dear...biggest {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and {{{{PRAYERS}}}} heading to you and your daughter! What a trying few months. I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly!

Wendy - Hey girl, welcome back! Uh, YEOWCH!!! Although I have to admit to LMAO...with you, not at you, my dear. I've broken my tailbone and know how much any kind of injury to that area hurts but, the cut on top of that:eek:!?!?! I hope that heals quickly!

Must get out the door now. Have a Cheetastic day ladies!

time zones are hecka crazY!

Top o’ the evenin’/mornin’ Cheetahs!

Well, the work week is back in full swing along with its exciting events…I fell on the asphalt yesterday during the last half mile of our 7 miler…ugh. Yep, I tripped over a blurp in the pavement caused by a tree root (I guess) going around a corner at a stop sign and catapulted right into the road. Thankfully no cars were passing. My water bottle and pepper spray went for a toss as well. I wound up with a huge bruise and scrape on my hand where the wrist meets and topped the skinned knee record I set back when I was 4 years old on the tricycle – the knee was bleeding making a pretty design down my shin as I ran the rest of the way back to the car. Although I initially sounded the entire curse word vocabulary, I quickly had a good laugh at what it must have looked like! Sore today and sore in my arm all the way up my shoulder, probably from breaking the fall of a million tons. I washed most of the gravel out of everything and am being good with the antibiotic ointment. I am grateful I did not break my wrist! Something good must have to be said about my bone strength, eh? Anyway, this is why I did not run today, let the knee swelling and soreness go down instead….

Cathy – My Cheekaagoo marathon running friend – Of course there’s many opinions on this, but I ran what I felt was my best/comfortable marathon when I did my longest run of 21 miles 3 weeks prior to the marathon day. I am leary of the full amount beforehand and tops the longest run IMO should be 21 to 22 miles….otherwise your schedule of building the long run and backing off and building is primo – me thinks…I also do better with 4 days of running including the long run… Woo hoo, I’m getting excited for your first marathon! (big cheesin’ grin). I’ve yet to log the rest of my day in the nutrition thingey, but I am eating sooo much better that’s for sure. I feel like Peter Rabbit with all the organic produce I consumed today! I’m with you, can’t believe how hard it is to eat all this good stuff! Oh, and btw, glad you straightened out the “Oats” mystery, cuz I was doing the “wth?” as well….whhhew!

Wendi - Have fun with the show – you sure work hard, girl! Congrats on your weight loss!! I hope you do enjoy the RT! You deserve some fun! I was doing some “horse duty” this morning before work and I thought of you! lol…

Lorie – Your neice IS adorable and so cool she’s lovin’ the yoga, but I must admit I did a gasp when I noticed my cutie bug Linus was no longer….please bring Linus back after a while of the neice showing..lol…k? lol. Uh, yah, the licorice is a better choice than the PB M&M’s! I think those things (the M&Ms) were created by satan…:eek:

Shelly – Thanks for the kind words and helping to remind me that 5 “lousy” miles IS an accomplishment no matter how slowly done…SO happy for ya’llz ya’ll to get moved in to the “Ranch” in PA. I have Hughes net and they’re not too bad and it sure beats my alternative of dial up! Although, my neighbor was just able to get DSL for less so when my back order of round tuits gets in, I’m gonna call AT&T and check that option out..

Judy – Glad you are having a better day – I hate the frustrating ones as well..especiallly when it comes to the teens…I there with ya! My prayers are with you and SIL! My brother had a Melanoma mole removed from his back along with some lymph glands 15 years ago and his prognosis has been good since – they caught it early enough because of my mom’s urging of him to go get it checked out. I’m hoping and praying your SIL has the same outcome. Thanks for the tip (read enabling) on Gillian McKeith’s website/book! I’m so going to get that book!

Christine – Have a great time visiting your dad and sis. Anyone else going with you to SC? Will Jimmy be at the doggie Hyatt? LOL… How do you get time to do a workout during lunch? do you go home too? I can hardly eat my lunch, call DH and read the cheetah posts before it is time to jump back into the fire…but that’s great you have someone to workout with at lunch too! Oh, and I added some almonds too – with a little apricot.

Carole – woo hoo, hope you enjoyed your Monday repeat. Sorry the smoke came back to visit you…Our skies have cleared up a lot. Loving the cool breezes at night and being able to open up the windows again…I think this place was closed up for 3 weeks straight! Got the PG&E bill for the 24/7 air conditioning that was going on…in a word OwCH…lol. I like when my massage lady gets in there good too…

Dallas – Hey there! That’s great your kids are having a good time with VBS. When mine were younger, they thought is was so special that I got to stay up til all hours playing games, reading etc. during our Christmas vacation. (I usually have about 2 weeks off from work then) Good thing we didn’t have anywhere to be in the am’s either! Hope all is going good for you….thinking of you and your family a lot …glad to see you here ;)

Gloria – HUGS to you, dear. I know what you feel like about the babies going off into the military – we’ve had our share of that here with friends and my family. My cousin’s boy graduated his Navy Seal training in San Diego last summer and we were all feeling a bit bittersweet about it, but now he’s having a wedding engagement party with his HS sweetie so all is not so bad, ya know? he’s living his dream and is happy so it’s all good… You’re not too extreme with your sensitivity! It means you are a good-hearted feeling person – that’s all. By the way, don’t know if I ever got a chance to mention your Pip pup is very cute!!

Karen – Holy shmoley! That’s some electric company! I call em’ idiots…hey, that 10 miler you posted to Shelly about sounds like a great run! I have to use bug repellent if I’m out at dusk or the mosquitoes will have a buffet with me! I don’t want to get the West Nile going around here so I spray the bad stuff on me…

Jackie – What kind of outages did you get with DSL? Is that common with DSL? I do like the price my neighbor just got with AT&T DSL than what I’m forking out to Hughes Net for my satellite service…. don’t have cable here..yet…lol. LMAO about your DBF’s car washing compulsion – my DH has to make sure his work truck is clean if there’s a Superintendent’s meeting! They tease him about having the cleanest truck, but I guess it is a good thing he’s so organized and takes care of the company stuff…eh? lol.

Wendy lou – Glad ya’ll had a great time after all. So sorry about your tail bone mishap! Poor girl! I took a spill myself yesterday but at least I can wear under garments…lol.. just kidding…I hope you feel better tomorrow and that you didn’t fracture your tailbone or something….

Linda – Great to see you here again! So sorry about your DD, but hopefully things will go better this time around. Wow, that is some marathon training you’re doing. I don’t know if I could do a B2B 20 then 21 the following week without a lower mileage run in between…you must be like one of the those ultra runners or something…lol.

Alrighty then, It’s after midnight out west here so I better get this bad boy posted before I lose it and since I’ve only got about 6 more hours to get in some sleep :rolleyes:

Have a great Wednesday ya’ll!!

POSH…

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Wanted to "sleep in" some, but lately I can't seem to.

Linda :: welcome back!! So sorry for the rough months you've had behind you. I hope you can start posting more with us again. Hope everything goes well for your DD and baby this time. Thanks for the training feedback. I'm sticking with my plan of not running the full distance before. Even if I wanted to, I don't think I have the time to do that safely anymore. I'm glad to hear your training has been going well.

Posh :: OUCH!!! You did quite a number on yourself in the fall. Good thing you didn't break anything. I am quite the klutz and stumble fairly often. But the last time I tripped on a bump in the sidewalk and took an actual dive, I was lucky--I managed to just do a Superman on somebody's lawn. :) Beside a full line of traffic, of course. So, the only thing bruised that time was my ego. *lol* So glad to hear your skies have cleared some. Wonderful news!

Gloria :: Yeah, he is from the worst, crime-ridden city in the country, where there aren't too many success stories. Be great if his show makes it. I also need a wide toe box--but I wear the shoes that begin with an A that are not Adidas. :)

Wendy :: Yikes! Sorry about your bruised and cut tailbone. That sounds really painful. IA, get rid of the butt floss til it heals.

OK, here is another revision of the marathon schedule. Starting in August, I will add a 4th day of running. Does this look better? Should I shoot for particular mileage with my regular runs during the week?

Week of 7.28: long run = 8-10
Week of 8.4: long run = 15-16
Week of 8.11: long run = 8-10
Week of 8.18: long run = 17-18
Week of 8.25: long run = 8-10
Week of 9.1: long run = 19-20
Week of 9.8: long run = 8-10
Week of 9.15: long run = 21
Week of 9.22: long run = 8-10
Week of 9.29: long run = 8-10
Week of 10.6: MARATHON

Today will be a circuit -- probably HSTA.

Happy hump day to all!

i didn't see the thread this moring (sorry wendi) and started one. please ignore it as i am obviously blind this morning.

gloria-i don't necessarily think going over things in your head until you feel better about them is a bad thing. if it makes you feel better about the situation and eases your anxiety (and you don't obsess over them) then it's not bad.

karen-the on-going tree saga..what a pain! i STILL haven't made the broth, but i am going to try and find time to do it today after work.

jackie-the one-day detox went really well. i "lost" three to four pounds (my scale has such little ticks for the numbers in between the fives and tens), but i am sure most of it is fluid and such. i do know that i do feel better and it did jump start my healthy eating. i think you will like her book. i really enjoyed it and her tone is a lot less annoying than tosca's.

wendy-glad you're back!!! have to say, i agree with karen about going commando! ;)

wt-i wondered that about the avatars as well! i thought it was an "operator error!" i added some photos to my cathe space and the one of gina is on there. i REALLY like the nutrtion softeware. i have always logged my workouts on an excel spreadsheet (i can be abit of a geek when it comes to my workouts). i didn't think i'd use the calendar, but it is kind of cool. although, it is a pain to add in your workouts (because i never know what i'm going to do until that morning) but i also think it will be a giant help for sts. as for marathon training, by force of habit, i have followed hal higdon's plan since my very first mary back in 1999. i still follow it although it is ancient. i like jeff galloway's plan but it has a TON of mileage.

carole-that's exactly how i feel about the rt. i am super3 excited about the pre-rt cheetah gathering!!! :D

linda-glad to see you back! CONGRATULATIONS about your daughter!!! i know all too well the pain of miscarriage. i have had two. glad she is almost at her second trimester. i have been meaning to ask you...did you ever get the cathe calendar for christmas? i never heard from you and am afraid you never got it. please let me know so i can contact snm.

wendi-hope you don't have one of those hectic marathon days!

posh-yeah, peanut butter m&m's are a heaven/hell kind of thing. as for linus, i added some photos to the cathe my space page so you can look at him anytime!

so...i got af yesterday. no big deal except it's NINE DAYS BEFORE IT'S DUE!!! WTH?!?! i have cramps and a backache. the only good thing is i was supposed to get it during the rt and, now, hopefully, i won't. watch, it'll be MY luck to get it again during the rt when it's really due! :mad::mad:

i am planning on doing gym styles cst today and some light cardio. i wanted to run, but i don't think i'll do that with these killer cramps. i am doing really well on getting crap out of my system, so i don't really want to take anything for the cramps/backache but i might have to. i have been drinking tea with lemon (green tea with kombucha...haven't had caffiene since saturday) and will bring some ginger tea to work.

okay, gonna get my w/o in before i lose any motivation that i might have!

i hope you all have a great hump day.

oh! forgot to mention, dean surprised me with tickets to george michael for tomorrow night. i had heard that he puts on an AMAZING show and mentioned that and he gfot the tickets. he wasn't going to tell me, but when he asked if we could go out on thursday night, i told him i might not be able to because i would need to prepare for a big meeting at work. well...NOT NOW!

leaves thread *singing* "ya gotta have faith, faith, faith. ya gotta have faith!"

Hey Girls. Good morning.

Despite having to deal with lots o' crazy rug rats in about 90 minutes, I am feeling pretty good this morning. The mood I was in last night definately lifted after getting alot of laundry done and following that up with a good night's sleep. Now all I need is a day of good eating and a great work out to make it PERFECT.

Cathy: Thanks for the tip on the cereal. I think I've had one of thier cereals before but I'm not sure. I'll be on the look out for the brand now! I like your new marathon training plan although I must admit I look at all of those 8-10 mile long runs and think "are you serious!? you don't get more of a break then THAT after running 15-21 miles!!??" :eek: Speaking of training runs...I HAVE to start training for my 18 miler PRONTO but I'm not feelin' it. I want to complete the race but the desire to train is just not there. I think it's the weather. I don't want to run long in the heat. UGH!

Wendi: I never went to a doc about it but I have a feeling I fractured my tailbone many years ago. I woke up one morning after a ROUGH night of partying and could not get out of bed. I was lying on my belly and every time I tried to lift my body up I got a terrible pain that shot up from my tailbone up my back. I was literally crippled for days. It was AWFUL! This is not nearly as bad but ANY time you mess with that area it's painful!:eek:

Lori: You made me feel better this morning. I found the thread right away (for once) and when you posted that you had started one cause you didn't see this one it made me smile. :p

Posh: YEOWCH! Sorry about y'day's fall. I hope you feel better quickly. YES, you HAVE to laugh at yourself. That's how you get through it. I fell once during one my running classes I used to take. Thankfully I wasn't hurt..just dirty and had a bruised ego. I made myself laugh about it and that definately helped. :)

Shelly: Thanks soooo much for the very sweet offer regarding the RT but unfortunately that won't be possible for me. I am going to ask DH to take half a day on friday just so I can make it down there in time to catch the bus ride over to the gym but that's the earliest I'll be able to get there. If you want to plan that little GTG in Philly soon though, definately let me know!

So I'm dyin' to sign up for the nutrtion program but I need to go foodshopping first. I can't start using this thing with little to no good eats in the house! YIKES! I may have to FORCE a trip to the foodstore later today....

BBL~

Last edited:
Hi Cheetah YaYas-

Linda- it is so nice to have you back. My prayers are with you for your daughters continued healthy pregnancy. Kudos to you for keeping up with your marathon plan in the face of high family need. In some ways, I imagine running to be theraputic. i hope this is the case for you.

Wendy- My vote is for comando;). I routinely prefer commando in summer months anyway. Now in the winter? I don't even think a thong is warm enough for all the time I spend in cold hockey rinks. I am always on the lookout for comfy boy shorts for winter.

Lorie- have fun at the show with Dean. This guy sounds like a great soul mate for you! I did get Gillian McKeith's book yesterday! I have one question. did you give up cheese from cows:confused:? I love cheese, maaaawwwww.

Cathy- I can not comment on you plan, I just have no experiene in marathons. But I will be your cheerleader! GO CATHY!!!!!!

Carole- Yikes, I can't believe how many sunless :eek: days you have had! The wood floor is NOT damaged and the fridge is fixed. Read below to see our latest water problem.

Shelly- sending you ~~~~good moving day vibes~~~~~

OK, so the Subzero is fixed. Now we have more water issues. Yesterday I went down stairs for my workout, and the whole lower level smelled BAD ROTTEN NASTY:mad:. After looking around, I found our carpet was soaked! The drain from our furnace /AC was plugged. Ok, so I put a fan on it and had the furnace /AC repaired. But the repairman said to call professionals to have the carpet pulled back and dried out. Right now we have 3 huge blowers going and a comercial dehumidifier going full blast for 48 hours. Now everything smells like cat urine. One of our cats has peed there in the past. It did not smell until the carpet got wet. I hope they get the smell out! If not we have a huge area of carpet to replace which is not in our current plan!

On a good note, the painters come tomorrow to paint most of our first floor. I have been waiting since may for them to arrive. It will be fun to get some different color in here.

Ok, today is supposed to be a run and then yoga class.

Last edited:
Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think Christine is more than 4 hours from LA...but I am also geographically challenged!! For your training, if you can swing 5 days do it. Or maybe alternate a 4 day and 5 day weeks. During the weekly runs anywhere between 3-6 miles. Something I remembered for my training was at least 3 20 mile long runs in the 12 weeks before the marathon. I think I did 2 20's and 1 22 and never 26!! I think some of the 8-10 runs should be more like 12-16, except for the 8-10's after the 21 in your schedule (the last 3 weeks looks great!). I know you are not trying for any time but the more you run during training, and the further you go on your long runs, the easier it will be to get through the marathon without too much trouble/pain. Enjoy HSTA today.

Wendy...OUCHEES!!!! getting a cut there would be awful. I am a exclusive thong wearer too. I think I might have tried commando for a time in college...So it's full undies or commando for you for awhile! Glad you mood is better today. I am also contemplating the nutrition program...:)

Posh...OUCHEES for you too!! I have done the root trip but my fall was more of a belly flop on the dirt! Good job with the antibiotic ointment. It'll work great on the cuts. The smoke coming back and forth seems to do with our weather pattern. I think more blue sky should be on the way! Sorry about the nasty PG&E bill. As we don't have AC but a Swamp cooler our PG&E bills are not bad.

Lorie...sorry about the early AF visit! How cool dean got tickets to George Michael. I bet you will have a great time.

Judy...WOW! Sorry about the new water problem. Cat urine can be so darn nasty! I bet they have chemicals that will get out the smell. What new colors will you paint with?

Gloria...nice you got the yard cleaned up for Pip.

Linda...HI! Nice to see you again. I have wondered where you were. So sorry about your daughter loosing her baby, but happy to hear she is once again pregnant! I have not heard much about that disease. You running schedule looks good.

Today is P90X+ Total Body and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Good morining girls. I am sad to report that our famous tree is now gone to paper heaven. RIP- Tree 07/30/08

Things are picking up for me and i think I threw my bad luck Judy's way. I got in 7 miles this morning before we lost power on the treadmill so I left it at that and did a nice stretch. I was happy to get that far before they cut power to get the tree.

Wendi- Hope things calm down for you and you get some much needed down time.

Posh- You poor girl. I hope the cuts and scrapes mend fast. I'm sure you were a site but I'm so happy you didn't break anything. It reminded me of the other day when I fell over the fence and landed in the mud. All I could do was laugh.

Cathy-I think you schedule looks spot on. When did you say it was?

Lorie- Oh man!!! George Michael. I loved him so much. I had the shirt that said Choose Life. You want to borrow it. LOL

Judy- When it rains it pours. Hope things turn around soon. Yoga is a priority today.

Carole- How was the massage like I need to ask. I'm sure your nice a refreshed for a good workout.

Wendy- Glad your back. I hope you make it to the store and stock up on some healty goodies.

Off to the library. They called last night to tell me that they have my daughters x-ray of her broken arm in a library book. We turned this house upside down looking for it and come to find out she stuck it in a book. No wonder I couldn't find it.

Back to report HSTA is done. Had forgotten about the leg press overkill in that one, but it did work me good.

WT :: Awesome about the GM tickets--that should be a great show!! Don't feel bad, I had trouble seeing the thread this morning, too. Think I'm still adapting to the new look of everything. Hope those cramps go away. Does Gillian outlaw caffeine totally, forever???

Wendy :: glad the bad mood has passed for you. So, when do you think you'll start your training?

Judy :: :D Thanks for the support! I do think of all the cheetahs when I'm out there on those long runs and hafta dig deep. Keeps me goin'!...Oh boy, this is turning out to be some week for you, huh? I hope they can get the cat pee smell out!

Carole :: oh, OK ~ thanks for setting me straight. As you can see, I don't know California all that well! :) Appreciate the training advice (gulp!) *lol* I will make some more tweaks, but I will probably stick with 4 days. I don't think my body likes 5 days of running anymore. Maybe someday if I can get back to my ideal weight...

ETA ~ Karen :: your post snuck past me. Chicago is Oct. 12...Glad the tree's been taken care of. What an odd place for the x-ray to have turned up.

Last edited:
Good morning Cheetahs.

Posh: OUCH!!! Thank goodness no cars were coming!! Glad you made it out with scratches and bruises only. Thank you for the kind words. :)

Wendy: Yikes, the Cheetahs seem to have a hard time staying on their feet these days. LOL!!! I have had my share of falls. One time I scratched my face so bad it was embarassing to go to school. Good to have you back. :)

Linda: Sorry about DD. It is nice to have you back!

Wendi: Good luck!

Cathy: Your running plan looks good to me, but I haven't run a marathon yet. I did not know that about this guy. I hope the show is a success too. In an interview with the judges he was stressed and broke down about his son running away from home just a week before the competition started. :( Have fun with HSTA!

Lorie: I started cutting back on the caffeine today, as I think it is a MAJOR contributing factor to my anxiety lately. A few years ago I cut out coffee completely and drank 2 cups of green tea in the morning instead. I think I will try to do that again. YEAH on the concert!!! Hope af is over quick.

Judy: Sorry about the water issues. Have fun with your run and yoga class.

Carole: Have a great workout today. DH and I have been enjoying the back yard the last two evenings.

Not sure what I will do today. I will be tutoring at 2:30 so I have plenty of time to get a workout in. It is going to be HOT HOT HOT today. Better do something quick like. Have a nice day Cheetahs!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendi – Thanks for the prayers for my daughter! (and the welcome back!) So, you are going on the road trip? Enjoy!!!

Posh – So glad you didn’t get hurt really bad in your fall! LOL…no…definitely not an Ultra Runner! I think we should be doing this the with a lower mileage long run every other week (like Cathy posted)….but my running buddy is more of less calling the shots. I really, truly think I am going to try and see if I can talk her into the other way. We have until Nov 2.

Cathy – Your “Revised Schedule” looks good! I agree with you on not wanting to do the full distance. I also like how you fall back every other week. I am going to “run that by” my running partner. My marathon isn’t until Nov. 2. I am really getting tired and I think by doing it that way would be much better.

Lorie – I am sorry about your miscarriages! Yes, miscarriages are so emotionally painful! Thanks for the congrats! No….I didn’t receive the Cathe calendar. Enjoy your GS CS&T! Oh…and enjoy the concert!!! How cool!

Wendy – I have been trying to find the information on the nutritional aspect of the “new forum”…but I am somehow not finding it! I would like to check it out, too! Glad you got a good night’s sleep!

Judy – Thanks for the prayers and welcome back! Yes, the running was definitely therapeutic! Oh my! I am sorry about your carpet and smell! Hopefully, the fans will dry it out and help! And the “new paint smell” may help :>) That is always fun to change colors on your walls! It always cheers me up!

Carole – Are you enjoying your P90X+? I liked it a lot….but have never gotten around to doing the total body one!!! And that is the one that I thought looked the best! Enjoy your workout. Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disease that attacks your thyroid gland. Her Endocrinologist wants me, my oldest daughter, and my sis to get tested. She said it probably runs in our family. I do remember my great aunt having it. Anyway….sorry …I have a tendency to go on and on !

Hi to everyone else that may check in later!

Linda

Good morning ladies!

Karen - Did DH get his car waxed? LOL!! Glad the tree is gone! Funny about where the x-ray ended up. At least, they're returning it to you, huh?

Wendy - Welcome back! Glad you had a nice vacation! OUCH on the fall at the pool! Hope it doesn't take too long to heal. Commando! :D

Cathy - Not being able to eat everything is a great problem to have! I'll try not to mention that "s" word again until it's your time. LOL!! Those small moves in WP can sneak up on you. Glad you like it. Hate wanting to sleep in but the eyes pop open at the normal time.:(

Carole - No, I'm holding out on STS for the time being. I'm sure that will change once I hear how much fun everyone is having. Think I'd like to have Meso 2. Sorry to hear the smoke is back. Did you see the people running out of the court room during Judge Judy's taping? They weren't wasting any time. Enjoy P90X+ and your run.

Linda - Welcome back to the den! Missed you! So sorry to hear about your DD but happy she's pregant. Will be saying prayers that she has an uneventful pregnancy. Good job with your marathon training!

Wendi - Hope you have a good day at work.

Posh - Sorry about your fall. Hope you heal up fast! DSL would have weeks where it would go out every day. I couldn't get on online because it couldn't find the server. You know when you're posting and you hit the submit button and you get that error message. Drove me crazy. The little light on my modem wouldn't be on. I'd go and do something else until it came back up. I had AT&T DSL light for about $24.99 until I moved. Don't know if it was the area I lived in or what. Now, I get a package deal from my local cable for basic extended cable, internet and phone service with unlimited long distance for a 100 bucks. Thought that was pretty good.

Lorie - Glad you feel better after the detox. Hey, I log my workouts on an Excel spreadsheet too. I like having everything right there. I log them into Fit Day too. Sorry AF came so quickly! Feel better. Will keep my fingers crossed for you that she stays away during the RT. Love George Michael. Great that you will get to go to his concert!

Judy - Sorry for the water woes! What color are you going for on the first floor?

Gloria - Good run yesterday! It's hot, hot, hot here today too. Temp reached 101 yesterday. Outside is not a fun place to be. Hope you're in some nice cool place today.

Today's workout was 4DS Kickboxing - the entire workout! Love this one!

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie- As a matter of fact the car Absolutely got waxed last night. I went outside this morning in 95 degree weather to see these black shiny tires blinding my vision. Then the steering wheel was so slick in the heat I thought I wouldn't be able to hold on. He keeps saying to me. Doesn't it look good. I'm like Yeah buttttt..... in three days it will be packed with sand and kids and crayons. It's an Aztek for crying out loud not a Lexus. :)

tryin to keep up!

Hiya cheetahs! I'm in the middle of a three nite stretch and then it's madness with house closing and moving. I think I've gotten all the utilities squared away at least. I did HSTA when I woke up. That's all I have time for. In fact it may be a while before I have time for two workouts in a day again:(

Gloria- My DH Jerry is an ex-Marine ( I think it was you who asked) When we met he was having terrible issues with PTSD. I guess it was the nurse in me that wanted to help and support. Anyway, he is my rock!! So what did you do for your hot day workout? Hopefully a nice cool indoor one!!

Carole- How are your furry kids today? Get in a good run?

Wendy- Welcome back sweetie! Aw, that's too bad you cant make it for the Fri am step class. We may have quite a nice cheetah GTG going. Glad to hear you had a good time on your vacay despite your misgivings. You really made me smile with your story about your ahem.. fanny injury! Able to tolerate the thong undies yet?

Lorie- Yikes, Auntie F came with a vengence! Hope it doesn't ruin your day.. Have a great time at your concert tomorrow nite! How sweet of your DBF!

Posh- I had a spectacular fall like that a while ago. I think what was injured most was my pride! Fortunately, like you, there was no one around at the time. I know people mean well but when you have a clumsy fall or hit my head I hate it when I get the gushy Are you okay???!!!

Karen- Glad that tree is finally history!! What an ordeal! Great job on that 7 miler!!

Linda- Welcome back!!!:D I'm so excited I used up one of my rationed smileys for you!! What an ordeal for you DD! But at least the problem has been identified and fortunately one that is easily treated. Please keep us posted on her progress. Sounds like you are well in the thick of your marathon training! I've relocated and will be settling in S. Pa soon.
I'm about a half hour from the Maryland (and W.Va) border. Looking forward to running on those rolling green hills!

Cathy- Now that's a great diet if you have trouble eating it all!! Must be quite encouraging. I really like your modified marathon training plan. Sounds well thought out to me but I have to concur with the others here in that I would try for at least 4 runs/wk... it will really help with the endurance when the time comes.

Christine- So how did your coworker fare with the static lunges in PH?
I see you have a countdown going til a vacay for you in NC... sounds nice! I remember those nice pics you posted on your last visit. Do you like the beaches there better then the ones in Ca?

Judy- Wow, what a beginning of the week for you!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Talk about appliance nightmares! You sure seem to be handling it all well tho. Thanks for the positive moving vibes! Compared to my cross country trek tho this should be a walk in the park! Prayers for your SIL... that's a scary diagnosis but as you are well aware, catching it early makes all the difference in the world.

Jackie- How ya doin?

Whew! I think I'm about caught up now! Will probably on manage a fly by post now and then for a bit. On Sunday I hope to be getting in a good long run in my new neighborhood!!

Hey Girls.

Fly-by for me until a bit later...

I just finished my work out. I did the 6 cardios from Drill Max with about 90 seconds rest between each for HIIT or atleast interval cardio. I wanted to follow it up with some steady state but no time. Gotta jet to the food store. I'm not really too upset as the work out I did still took almost 45 minutes from warm up through cool down so how much more time would I have worked out anyway??

Signed up for 3 months of the nutrition program. I am playing around with it. I will continue to use Fitday too until I get comfy with this new program!

BBL~

Hi Girls!

First of all, how are all the Cali Cheetahs?? I see Carole and Posh still posting, but where's Christine? Hope all is well!

Sorry I never got back here. UGH!! I really, really had great intentions. Seriously, the only time I sat down was while driving and I did sneak in a quickie pedicure with my friend after we dropped the kids off at VBS last night. That was wonderful. She actually suggested it the same day you girls did? :) Thanks again for your kind words, thoughts, etc!

Shelly ~ I'm going to stick with my old orthotics and see if the pain in my foot stays away. I'll try running again on Sat with the group. The one coach is a foot doc., so that should help if I have trouble. Thanks for the advice with dh. I sure hope we get to the bottom of this. Today's doc mentioned gallbladder disease. Yikes! Good luck with the move. The rate of my posts, you'll be all moved in before I get here again. :eek:

Carole ~ A massage sounds wonderful! lol'd about your Beau and dh comment. Sounds like my dh with the kids. ;) I second the GT8 Brooks. Love them!!

Lorie ~ Your niece is adorable. Have fun at the concert. That should be a good time!

Cathy ~ Yep, went for that mini-pedicure last night. My friend suggested it the same day you did. How weird!?! That's just what I needed. We had fun catching up too! You're doing so well with your training!! Glad the experienced Cheetahs helped you out w/tweaking your plan. Gosh, that's all I feel like doing re:sleeping in. UGH! I better get acclimated to the school schedule....3 more weeks!

Posh ~ Are you OK?!?!?! How are you feeling now? Dumb question, huh?!?! Yes, I think a good day of rest from running is in order. Thanks for all the kind words. (((HUGS))) back at ya!

Jackie ~ Another 4D'er? IA that weight work sneaks up on you!

Wendy ~ Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry about the tailbone..IA w/Karen..commando! OuCH!!!

Linda ~ HIYA stranger! Congrats and prayers for your DD's pregnancy. Another Cheetah with a lot on the plate. I can understand about the running helping though. I'm thankful for my workouts in general!

Karen ~ lol'd about the x-ray being found in the library book. Sounds like something that would happen here!:rolleyes: My kids did a morning VBS in June. This one is like a rock concert when I go to get them. They're having a blast.

Gloria ~ How are you doing? What workout did you decide to do today?

Judy ~ I hate Subzero. I can say that because every unit we own has been worked on and we have only been here for 6 years! UGH! Sounds like we have the same luck w/the house lately. We were just told we need to replace on of our air conditioning units. What the heck!?!?! Good luck with the smell. IA with whoever said that maybe the paint smell will mask it!

Christine ~ Hope you're fine! Please check in when you can. Was that your first time doing SZ? Did you like it? OK, now I'm "really" thinking of biting the bullet for Spinervals. Which one would you start with again? I'm sorry I asked awhile ago. I can't remember what you said.

Wendi ~ WTG on your PR 10 miler!! That is awesome!! Hope the horse show goes well.

Well, better get moving. Oh, I did iCycle #16/40 and some foam rolling. Didn't hate Keith as much on this one! lol Just got the kids settled and I'll get some weight work in and abs. Not sure which DVDs I'll use. The kids will do a show tonight for the last VBS.

Have a good night! Hi to any Cheetahs I may have missed.

Last edited:
Afternoon, everyone~

Gloria :: I missed the entire season this time around and never knew a local man was even in contention until I saw the article the day after the finale...So, what workout did you wind up doing?

Linda :: I take it your running buddy has done this before?

Jackie :: your post got me smiling...I saw the Judge Judy clip as well...4DS kb is such a goodie...always gets me pumped.

Shelly :: I'll add to those good luck moving vibes!! Hope everything goes smoothly...I did add a 4th day of running into the mix...thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

Wendy :: yay on acquiring the nutrition software!

Shoot--seems I always miss somebody when I post!

Dallas :: so glad you enjoyed a relaxing pedi & girl time. That's funny about the VBS being like a rock concert. Gallbladder disease? Wow. When do the test results come back?

Shelly- Gald the house situation is moving forward. I know it can be a hassle. i told DH that I wont' move again unless super necessary or we become millionairs :)

Dallas- We had Power Lab VBS this year and Outrigger Island. It is like a rock concert. The kids are treated so good. The one VBS even gives the kids dinner. I mean like Pizza and BBQ. It's crazy.

Ok, I sat down this evening and am trying to figrue out my profile. I saw I had an email which I had no clue I had plus anyone who wanted to be a friend probably thinks I am mean because they have been waiting a long time. I swear I have no clue how to do any of this so bear with me. If some people get multiple emails and friendship things from me jsut know it's from a computer impaired person. I think I hit send and go or enter more times than any human should. Heck I jsut figured out I had an invite to the Cheetah forum.Ahhhh

Jackie - Good job on the 4DS/Kickbox! It has been forever since I did 4DS! I love that series! Thanks for the prayers!

Karen - In answer to your question from last night....I am planning on doing the Marshall Marathon (a.k.a. Healthy Huntington Marathon). LOL about your shiny vehicle! That was funny!

Shelly - Hi ya!!! You have built up enough "extra" workouts in the "bank" that you can afford to miss a few second workout!! ;>) That is great about your relocation! Are you excited and happy about it? Hope the rest of the relocation goes smoothly!

Cathy - No....she has not done a marathon before. She is just this little energizer bunny! She is 53 years old....but she looks like maybe 40 y/o....and has more energy than a 20 year old. She has helped me a lot (she helped me speed up a little).....and I introduced her to hills....but neither of us have done a marathon. I am really afraid we started the training too soon and that we will peak too soon. I know I can't keep up that high mileage until November. How are you holding up with your training? Are you feeling well? Are you crosstraining with step,elliptical, etc?

Dallas - Thanks for the prayers and congrats! I am with you on being thankful for the workouts, too! It really helps my mood and emotions! Good job on your workout! Believe it or not,.....I actually did a spinning workout (iClimb) last week! I hardly ever use my spinning bike. I enjoyed it so much!

Wendy - Today was the first time I checked anything out on the Nutrition site. I would like to try it, but I am not sure how it works! Keep us posted on what you think of it!

Christine - Hope all is well with you!

Today was a rest day for me. Talk to you guys later.

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.