Woe is me....I busted my knee

Oh Allison! I hope you are up and about soon, but in the meantime like everyone has said just rest and take it easy. If you can then definitely look at it as an opportunity to do lots of UB work. Knees are so tricky and I have had injuries where I heard that same sound... but they always heal eventually, at least for me. Hopefully it's not very serious and you will heal. Let us know what the doc says!

I put-off reading this post for as long as possible. After I had my ACL surgery, they told me that if I walked around without my immobilizer before my muscles were strong enough, I could break my kneecap. Just the thought of that caused pain.

I'm really sorry about your knee. Can it heal enough so you could do cardio that you actually enjoy?

Allison,
I'm so glad you're going to the doctor, even if you think he/she is just going to give you the same advice. You don't want to risk further injury! I have my fingers crossed that you only need advil and ice--take care of yourself! And don't worry, if you take proper care of the injury now, you'll bounce back a lot faster.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Wow, you are all so sweet! I had no idea so many people here cared about me! (and my knee!)

I went to the Dr. and he thinks it bursitis. No torn ACL THANK GOD. He prescribed me an anti-inflammatory (what'd I tell ya!?!?!;)) and told me to ice it. Weird that he didn't tell me to rest--but I figure that's a given since I can barely walk....x(

I'm so frustrated that this has happened again. This time during 4DS Bootcamp; last time during a sprint on the treadmill at 9.5. (and at the same time of year!)

But, I'm actually feeling relieved to be told to rest. I just got home from a loooong day and I'm sitting here in my jammies, the fire is going, my Christmas lights are on, and....I'm making TACOS!!! YAY! I love having calm, quiet evenings where I don't rush home from work and jump into my workout clothes.

Let's just hope I don't get to comfortable with this whole "resting" thing....;)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

As one woman who loves working out with tweaky knees to another--I'm so sorry and I feel your pain (or have felt at times).

I have to limit my cardio to about 3-3 1/2 hours per week or I risk serious knee pain (and achilles tendon and lower back painx( ))

I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy, get that gym membership, and focus on that upper body.

Oh and see a doctor!

Maggie:)

Get thee to a doctor NOW!!!! I did the same doing squat thrusts in Dm. Actually broke the dang thing. Go to the Doctor!!!!!

Whoops, I'm a retard, you've been to the Dr. Glad its nothing too serious. Healing vibes comin' your way!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.