Willett's Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy

Debra L

Cathlete
Has anyone read Walter Willett's book "Eat, Drink & Be Healthy"?There's an interesting interview with him in the winter issue of "Eating Well". I'd better disclose that he rides his bike to work at Harvard so I had a positive impression right away.

Willett has redone the food pyramid with a food base of whole grains & healthy fats. The tip (use sparingly) includes saturated fats, starches & sweets. The food pyramid rests on a base of EXERCISE!

I'm really impressed with "Eating Well" magazine. It's a quarterly, based in Vermont & was dormant for quite a few years. It reminds me of "Health" magazine with more recipes & little fitness. The focus is eating for long term health. My neighbor has loaned me several of their cookbooks (published before their hiatus).

Please let me know if you've read Willett's book.

Debra

Hi Debra!

I was just reading this article today in "Eating Well" mag. I was thinking about looking into the book. The article makes a lot of sense. Of course we all know that moderation is the key to managing our weight. I'm afraid, at times, we all tend to overload ourselves with so much information that we lose sight that perhaps a little of everything good for us is what we should stick to. ;)

Vickie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.