Will your workouts be available retail?

SharonH

Cathlete
Will your upcoming or older workouts be distributed through retailers and etailers now that you have this distribution deal? If your older workouts will be made retail (Hard Core, Body Blast, Intensity series, etc.), do you know which ones and when it will happen?

Hi Sharon! I know that many of you have questions regarding what exactly CCETV will be doing with our products so I am writing up something that I am hoping will answer many of your questions/concerns. I will have that finished soon. :)

so do you have that written up yet? can we know what CCETV's intent is for your products going retail?

thanx...

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

We've actually responded to this in another thread. To recap, you will eventually see at least some of our DVDs in stores, but more than likely this will not be until later next year or in 2007. There is nothing pending at the moment, but negotiations are under way. Most stores have already finished their buying for 2006, so it is not likely you will see any Cathe DVDs in stores for quite some time.

>We've actually responded to this in another thread. To recap,
>you will eventually see at least some of our DVDs in stores,
>but more than likely this will not be until later next year or
>in 2007. There is nothing pending at the moment, but
>negotiations are under way. Most stores have already finished
>their buying for 2006, so it is not likely you will see any
>Cathe DVDs in stores for quite some time.

I have seen Cathe workouts in the Discovery store...but only in one of them, at the Eastview Mall in Victor NY. I haven't seen them in Connecticut, where I live.
barbara P

SNM

I think many of us remain confused about about the CCETV deal & whether it involves expanded distribution. Cathe was obviously very excited but it was pretty muddy as to what the "deal" involved. More information was promised, never appeared, so it's still as clear as mud: http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=2&topic_id=54540&mesg_id=54763&page= . We're not trying to delve into your finances & operations: but why did Cathe think this was such a great benefit for her customers?

The lack of information on the new workouts & timing has some of us wondering what is going on.

Debra

I'm sure we will expand our current list of etailers, but I doubt you will see any cost savings as we don't want to deal with deep discount etailers. This would only hurt our sales and our current distributor sales.

RE: SNM

I think overtime things will become clearer to you and our customers. Our agreement with CCETV covers many areas including domestic and international distribution of our DVDs and domestic and international television production and syndication…and much, much more. Unfortunately, we can’t discuss details on pending projects as this would violate our agreement with CCETV. CCETV has a lot of ideas they’re kicking around now and as decisions are made and finalized we will certainly make you aware of them.

We can tell you that our first project with CCETV will be the 4 new presale DVDs. In this case the advantage to the consumer will hopefully be a better and clearer production with a fresh perspective. We’re are always striving to produce a better product. From video sets to music to features on DVDs, our goal is to always improve and innovate. With CCETV we now have access to the best studios, producers and engineers in the broadcast industry. Also, simply bringing in new people takes us out of our comfort zone and will hopefully lead to some fresh new ideas and improvements. As an example, Audio related issues are probably the biggest complaints we receive. We have always recorded our DVDs the same way 99. % of all fitness workouts are recorded. With CCETV there will be change for the better in that we will now take the music and audio tracks and run them in a totally separate edit session tweaking every second of the music and vocal tracks making them as perfect as they can be. Our goal is to get the music to vocal ratio dead on and have the sound levels consistent throughout the workout.

I don’t want to go into too many details as this will be the first time we have worked with CCETV on job and I don’t want pump up expectations too much. I’m sure this will be a learning experience for both parties and hopefully everyone will be pleased with our new productions.

I'm sure many of us who were starting to get frustrated at the lack of news about the new DVD's and the apparent delay in filming would have been happy to hear this information. It makes the wait worthwhile!

One thing that annoyed me very much in some of the HC DVD"s (Back/Shoulders/Biceps being the worst offender, I think), is the chapter placement. With previous Cathe DVD's, I was alway able to "back chapter" if I took a longer break, and be able to catch up at a logical point that would allow me to prep the set and be ready to go. With B/S/B, some chapters were right at the beginning of the set, right when the first rep started, whereas the previous chapter was too "far back."

I'm hoping the production of these new DVD's will correct that problem (which, as I said, was not present in previous series or DVD's).

Okay, this makes the delay more understandable. It would make sense that Cathe and SNM and CCETV are all having to "invent the wheel" while producing this first batch of workouts. Hopefully they'll learn enough to not only make a superior product worth the wait, but also speed up the process on the next projects!

And, while we consumers would love to know what all is going on (esp. those of us who have already invested our money in the preorder), it's true that when two companies are first learning to work together, they don't like to share all the inside going's on.

I'm keeping my faith in Cathe, that these will be great workouts, worth waiting for and things will go more smoothly with the next set of workouts. Call me naive:), but that's my viewpoint and I'm sticking to it:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.