Wifeswap and Cathe's '07 Road Trip

Meecher

Cathlete
My DH and I are devoted viewers of ABC's Wifeswap and usually enjoy the pairing of families from completely opposite environments because, as is typical at the end of each show, somebody (or if you're lucky, everybody) learns something. The last episode featured a shallow, materialistic monster of a woman from Williamstown, NJ as one of the show's wives. (If you saw the show, you'll probably remember what a completely obnoxious example of 'Ugly American' she was. If not, go to: http://abc.go.com/primetime/wifeswap/index?pn=recap#t=129325 to see the photo and read the recap of the Burroughs/Padovan Hickman families.) Needless to say, she learned NOTHING at the end of the show, though she succeeded in making herself look RIDICULOUS...so I guess it had a good ending for that reason...

ANYWAY, because I attended the '07 Road Trip, I noticed this woman was shown dancing with friends at Adelphia's...the location of our sit-down dinner on our last night of the Road Trip. Did anybody else catch that???

ALSO...
Because New Jersey residents are decrying this poor example of their state, I'm a little curious - because of Cathe's close proximity to this National Embarrassment - what she, as a New Jersey resident, has to say about the whole ordeal...I wonder...?!!

:) Meecher

DH and I also faithfully watch the show. It's a really sad state of affairs when all you care about is your next plastic surgery. She was one of the most mean-spirited mothers I've seen on the show. As you said, she obviously didn't learn anything and didn't have anything to impart to the other family. Even the daughters that lived at the log cabin realized how shallow she was by imitating her.

At least the mother who lived in the log cabin taught the father something and hopefully he can change his wife somehow (although I doubt that willl happen.)

Do you remember the English environmentalist from CA who treated the woman from Missouri so horribly?

Marcy

I have a hard time thinking that Cathe is losing too much sleep thinking about her. And I'm sure this woman isn't the only National Embarrassment in NJ or any other state for that matter. That's what reality shows are for - to highlight them. ;)

I have a hard time thinking that Cathe is losing too much sleep thinking about her. And I'm sure this woman isn't the only National Embarrassment in NJ or any other state for that matter. That's what reality shows are for - to highlight them. ;)

I agree! I doubt Cathe is losing sleep about this (if she even saw it).

Also I did watch a few episodes of WifeSwap when it first came out, but was turned off when it appeared the producers were doing a bit too much "handling" of the show as it went on. (i.e. arranging things to make it more "interesting"). I don't remember the circumstances, but the "wife" arranged something that I know would have been too much for someone in a new town to be able to set-up last minute and on her own. I guess I just don't put too much stock into "Reality" shows. I know many people are fans of them since their ratings are good and there are a ton of them, but they are just not my cup a tea. Via la difference..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.