Why no clips yet

Where did Collage get the footage to make the clips from?

Do they have the DVDs or did SNM supply clips for them? :confused:

Erica

Collage Video said that it was a mistake. The can't show clips for certain vendors before the dvds are released and for other vendors they can.

Collage Video said that it was a mistake. The can't show clips for certain vendors before the dvds are released and for other vendors they can.

I understand that, but I am asking where they got the clips from...do they have the DVDs already?

Erica

I saw the clips on the front page of "coming soon" not after placing it in my cart. Also I have definitely seen other clips on this page in the past and there might be some up now I am not sure. But I would also be curious as to where collage got the clips.

I just wanted to say that if IIRC, the series where people got upset about clips being shown was CTX. That series was the first SNM did DVD preorders as well as VHS. Those who ordered VHS received theirs well in advance of us DVD preorderers. So some were upset ( I wasn't one of them, BTW) because we had yet to even receive our product while so many who hadn't preordered were enjoying the final product. So the "firestorm" of complaints isn't really relevant in this case, IMO.
Personally, I'm in agreement with those who don't want to be "surprised" by a product I paid for already. However, if no clips are posted beforehand, no biggy. But please don't be condescending to your customers.

Diane

I didn't ask if they have the dvds. I think she was saying that they don't release their dvds until Cathe releases her dvds. They probably don't have all of the dvds, just a copy so that they can get started on making the clips. That is my guess. You can call and ask them if they have the dvds in stock. 1-800-819-7111 press 4

Collage added clips to the Coming Soon page about a month ago. They usually make clips from the sample footage they get. They insist on previewing a video before they carry them. They will often have clips up weeks before they have the actual DVDs in stock.

Where did Collage get the footage to make the clips from?

Do they have the DVDs or did SNM supply clips for them? :confused:

Erica

Collage makes all of their own clips. They get the clips from burned copies of the DVDs that we sent them. These are not final production DVDs that SONY will stamp and we will sell to the public.

most other sites i order from(all fitness dvds sites) automatically give me confirmation and ship usps. there is no shipping option with them its only postal shipping.they are smaller businesses then snm too so its not like its a $$ thing either . its not so much that the postal option is bad, its with 1000s of orders going out and holiday season mistakes can be made and i have no way to prove anything if the package does get lost. if i don't get my dvds i would like to at least get my money back.

kassia

obviously not SNM or Cathe, but when STS was shipped I contacted customer service and upgraded from standard UPS to Overnight and Nancy just charged me the difference in the price I paid and the new shipping rate. I assume she could do the same now as the STS Cardio has not shipped :) Just an option if you want to check with customer service. :)

obviously not SNM or Cathe, but when STS was shipped I contacted customer service and upgraded from standard UPS to Overnight and Nancy just charged me the difference in the price I paid and the new shipping rate. I assume she could do the same now as the STS Cardio has not shipped :) Just an option if you want to check with customer service. :)

thanks for the heads up dani. might have to see if i can do that.

kassia

Don't know either, but at least it sounds happy and upbeat, something the rest of the thread is not. :eek: Who'd of thunk of a few clips and a poorly thought out response could elicit such passion.

It means you need to see the pathetically silly movie "The Ringer" and as bad as it is, it is still a more worthy use of time than reading all of this pointless grousing. :);)

Clearly you have a time management problem Beavs. I know you're a busy gal and all, but really you should know enough about the forum by now to schedule in the appropriate amount of time for reading "pointless grousing"! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.