Why no clips yet

I disagree that your total focus was on finishing the project. You had the Egglands Best tour in October, the 2010 calendar, the downloads, the firewalker loops and other fitness products, etc.

Also, why did you show video clips of STS strength if customers preferred to not have clips? What has changed since then?:confused:

Erica

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but Fitness by Cathe products didn't take any time away from this project as Altus handles all of the details. Our work on selecting and marketing these products was finished six months ago. Cathe Downloads was finished before we started filming Shock Cardio and most of the work was done by Curtis and Josh and thus this project also didn't take any time away from Shock Cardio. The EB tour was only for three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and work continued on Shock Cardio while we were gone. We even had rough cut DVDs of the first step workouts overnighted to us in Daytona so we could show them to the Cathletes and work on proofing them while we were there.

i can respect that this would be the case for no clips. but the real questions,is everything still on schedule?will all orders have confirmation numbers(i think i chose the usps option instead of ups) and since we have the usps option are orders still going out in order they were received or are their new methods for this since two different shipping options were used this time around.

kassia

If you selected UPS you will receive a tracking number. Tracking is not available for postal orders.

If you selected UPS you will receive a tracking number. Tracking is not available for postal orders.

oh wow had i known that i might have picked the UPS option. i like tracking for piece of mind. its holiday season its busy, mistakes happen. i sure hope for $109 that the PO gets my package here in one piece.

ETA-will i at least get an email when my package has shipped?

kassia

Last edited:
oh wow had i known that i might have picked the UPS option. i like tracking for piece of mind. its holiday season its busy, mistakes happen. i sure hope for $109 that the PO gets my package here in one piece.

ETA-will i at least get an email when my package has shipped?

kassia

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. I know I selected USPS because it was the less expensive of the options. I, too, like to track my packages and USPS is frustrating in that respect after being spoiled by the UPS tracking. But that was the choice I made.

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. I know I selected USPS because it was the less expensive of the options. I, too, like to track my packages and USPS is frustrating in that respect after being spoiled by the UPS tracking. But that was the choice I made.

most other sites i order from(all fitness dvds sites) automatically give me confirmation and ship usps. there is no shipping option with them its only postal shipping.they are smaller businesses then snm too so its not like its a $$ thing either . its not so much that the postal option is bad, its with 1000s of orders going out and holiday season mistakes can be made and i have no way to prove anything if the package does get lost. if i don't get my dvds i would like to at least get my money back.

kassia

most other sites i order from(all fitness dvds sites) automatically give me confirmation and ship usps. there is no shipping option with them its only postal shipping.they are smaller businesses then snm too so its not like its a $$ thing either . its not so much that the postal option is bad, its with 1000s of orders going out and holiday season mistakes can be made and i have no way to prove anything if the package does get lost. if i don't get my dvds i would like to at least get my money back.

kassia

I agree but I do think it is shortsighted of SNM. If I don't receive my DVDs I will look to them for them. If they don't have proof that they were shipped, they will have to make good on my order. Tracking gives them protection actually for any package not received.

ETA: As the preorder page is down, how do I know what shipping I chose? Although I'm sure I went with USPS thinking that UPS doesn't deliver Saturday which could make a difference depending on when they were sent out.

Last edited:
I must say this is the first time I've been a little upset at SNM's response to a presale question. Normally I wait through presales very patiently, and I have this one as well. As far as the issue of clips, I'd like to see some, but it isn't necessary. I find the idea that clips are not put up because SNM doesn't want to ruin the 'surprise' to be silly, but that's because I don't like to be 'surprised' by anything I've paid for. I have no problem being surprised by a gift, but when I'm buying something, I like to know what I'm getting. But, hey, if that's policy....whatever.

However, the response that there just hasn't been time to do clips is what bothers me the most. SNM is the one who established the deadline of 'Fall 2009', and, as is obvious, is going to barely meet that deadline. It seems to me that the bulk of this project was left to the very latest moment. While I understand that has put a tremendous workload on the employees of SNM, that is NOT the fault of the customer since SNM is the one who initially established the deadline, continued to indicate the deadline would be met (for nine months), and was in control of how this project went down. In other words, I don't really appreciate the sob story because, in my opinion, that was self-inflicted. I had nothing to do with it.

Again, I have no real issue is SNM doesn't put up clips. And if that is 'policy'.....again, it gets a big 'whatever' for me. But if the real issue is that there simply wasn't time to do it because of the project time crunch, then I would argue that SNM may want to think about managing their time a little bit better in the future with other projects. There may have been an issue of people not wanting to be surprised in the past with DVD clips, but I think this thread is clear evidence that opinions can change....and I would go so far as to say they have changed. After all, I haven't seen anybody on this thread saying 'Good call SNM! I don't want to see clips!!' In fact, just the opposite.

And just as a side note, I get that Cathe is a busy woman with a family. And I would imagine that is taken into consideration with projects such as this one. I'm not unsympathetic to the demands of such a project or the demands of young children. But SNM is also a business, and I would hope that a certain amount of flex is pre-planned in any project to allow for appropriate family time AND adequate project completion.

I'm done with these forums. I'm sick of the complaining by unappreciative people. I've read so many praise reports on how Cathe and her team have helped people in so many ways, but then there are those that forget. Who cares about the viewing of the clip, didn't you purchase the videos anyway, what difference does it make? If you have a problem with customer service, then take your business elsewhere. Oh, but no you won't do that because Cathe's the best, right? Well stop your complaining and be excited that you have such an optimal exercise program in helping to keep you in shape and good health.

Complaints about nothing, this is ridiculous, I'll just buy her dvds and keep off these forums. I come here for motivation and lately all I hear is complaints...Grow up people, get a life!

Peace Out!

I think everyone should be complaining to Collage Video. If SNM doesn't have the clips ready then they aren't ready. I would think that the clips on this website are much longer and harder to put together than the clips on Collage Video but I don't know how it works.

I'm just looking forward to getting the DVD's and starting with them. I appreciate all the hard work you all do at SNM I've always had satisfactory service and know you try your very best to produce all you do in the highest quality

Thank You Everyone for sharing your comments, thoughts and views. We appreciate hearing from all of you. I think we as a group have pretty much discussed this topic in great detail and made and shared all of our valuable points.

I'd like to shift the focus now and give you an update. We have been diligently preparing everything here for our DVD arrival from SONY so that when it arrives there is practically no down time whatsoever. It is a very exciting time as we are really close now.

In closing I'd like to say that once we have shipped off the DVD's, we will work on putting together our traditional lengthy video clips for you to enjoy and also to assist you in making your purchase decisions.

Thanks You Again Everyone!

If people don't want to be surprised then they shouldn't preorder -- Wait to see the clips and then decide if you want to make the purchase. I preordered because I know Cathe's work is awesome. If I were to order from someone else I would want to see a clip first and I would not preorder. But Cathe....??? Nope! I have almost all of her DVDs so I felt fine about preordering. I'm just excited and I know that each day brings me closer to getting my Shock Cardio.

I agree but I do think it is shortsighted of SNM. If I don't receive my DVDs I will look to them for them. If they don't have proof that they were shipped, they will have to make good on my order. Tracking gives them protection actually for any package not received.

ETA: As the preorder page is down, how do I know what shipping I chose? Although I'm sure I went with USPS thinking that UPS doesn't deliver Saturday which could make a difference depending on when they were sent out.

it should be on your order confirmation when you first placed the order. i thought maybe i got the UPS option but i realized i didn't. i actually have issue with UPS sending my stuff to the wrong house even though the numbers on my house couldn't get any bigger to not make that mistake!

ETA-i did send an email to support cathe to ask if i will at least get a notice when they ship and i have a copy of my order confirmation. so hopefully that will be enough to file a complaint if something happens. i do have more faith in my postal service in the area then i do my ups service but like i said things happen its the holidays.

kassia

Last edited:
I think everyone should be complaining to Collage Video. If SNM doesn't have the clips ready then they aren't ready. I would think that the clips on this website are much longer and harder to put together than the clips on Collage Video but I don't know how it works.

i do agree. i can understand there is little time to do so. some were just pretty upset with the first answer they got.

who knows why collage took them down. they were available on what another board calls "the back door way" to view clips. they didn't actually have the collage clips posted you can to place it in your cart then click on the item to view the description. you can't do that know. it might have been it overloaded their server. it is going to be the hottest workout of the season right?

kassia

I think what most people are upset about is not just that we don't have clips from SNM. I usually do not get upset about long presales and changing deadlines, and I'm not really upset about no clips (though I would love them). What has bothered me this time though, to be honest, is that when the question of the clips is asked, we are told that our surprise would be ruined if we had clips. I think no customers have told SNM that we don't want the surprise ruined, so that is an idea of their own. I think we have all told SNM that we want to see clips. So then in response to that, we are told oh, actually, it's that we didn't have time.

I would have understood about the time. But I am disappointed that we were given an unreasonable reason first, and then the reason was completely changed without explanation (that I saw).

Nyx

Last edited:
Gottcha, I understand what you're saying workoutaholic. I agree that I didn't buy myself a surprise. I bought workout dvds. I think the pictures already ruined the surprise. I just wonder if some think that they are lying that they don't have them ready. I guess by giving two different excuses it seems like they could be lying. I don't think they are though. I don't know where the motivation to lie about it would come from. I remember though that when I bought Amy Bentos stuff that I could see the clip on Collage Video before Nrg Fitness(her site). Was the clip shown on collage's coming soon section. I have never seen a clip posted in that section. I have only seen clips once the workout has been moved to the newest section. I think they made a booboo.

The good thing is that it sounds like they are still on track. Yippee. Headstart on all the Christmas cookie calories.

i do agree. i can understand there is little time to do so. some were just pretty upset with the first answer they got.

who knows why collage took them down. they were available on what another board calls "the back door way" to view clips. they didn't actually have the collage clips posted you can to place it in your cart then click on the item to view the description. you can't do that know. it might have been it overloaded their server. it is going to be the hottest workout of the season right?

kassia

I initially saw the "view clip" icon on the front page with the workouts listed (in the "Coming Soon" section). I didn't have to use the "back door" option. I guess it doesn't matter either way since they are gone!

Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.