Why am I having headaches!

I have been having headaches several times/week for many years. I finally started going to a chiropractor about 5 weeks ago. I haven't had a headache for about 2 1/2 weeks! I know that isn't a super long time, but it is a huge step in the right direction! I hope you find something that works for you.

I started having headaches when I was 6. By the time I was 30, it was a daily occurance. I was at a business dinner one night and tried to drive home and I couldn't put the key in my car door or try to put the car in drive because of the driving headache.

I went to the er that night as I thought I was having an aneurism (sp), I had a ctscan that night and a neurology consult. The neurolgist was extremely kind to me and explained I was having classic migraines and proceeded to give me a diet sheet and instructions for life:

no caffeine, no booze, no cheese, no wheat, no orange or other citrus juices, no milk chocolate, no artificial sweetners, no colas and sufficient water, for me at least 10 glasses per day. I need to wear sunglasses outside as the sun seems to bring on the worse migraines.

Exercise is really important. I also have to take magnesium supplements every day and I have to keep my estrogen under control.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.