Who's tried Bento's new workouts?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I got Hi/Lo Knockout Saturday (still anxiously waiting for In the Ring--I'm REALLY looking forward to that one). Very similar to her other hi/lo workouts, except her "intervals" are short KB combos. It was about an hour long--I didn't wear my HRM (I wanted to wait for my 2nd run through to get an accurate reading).

So, the choreo was relatively easy to get (I say "relatively" b/c I'm comparing it to ASC2) & it was super intense. I'm giving it 5 stars out of 5. High on the fun factor, high on the inensity factor, & it left me in a puddle this morning, which is pretty much all I ask from a cardio workout. ;-)

Who else?

I should be getting mine today. Any idea when the Ring workout is coming out? I was hoping they'd be sent together.

Oh, I can't wait to get these two new workouts!

I ordered both of mine directly from Amy, so, like lesliew asked, should they be sent out together? On Amy's forum, it sounded like she was just mailing out just the Hi/Lo one . . . .

Ooooh!!! Good news to hear you got it already...hope I get mine soon! :)

Question...did you order the Hi-Lo one from somewhere other than Amy's site? Is that why you're still waiting on "In the Ring?"

from this post it sounded like she wanted to ship those preorders from her site together.

Hi All;
I just received the tracking info for the CIA video. The shipment should be here in a day or so. Then the shipping begins.

Fed ex does not pick up until 6p.m of the day we ship. They update tracking information within 24 hours of the pick up. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

The first set of orders should (based on when we get the CIA vid) go out Friday night pick up which is 6p.m. EST. Nothing else will ship via Fed ex until Monday I am afraid. Ground service does not pick up on weekends. When your package shipping label is made you may receive an email from fedex this does not mean it has shipped. You'll then need to wait until your package is actually scanned by the driver to get another update. This means it has left the station. Smile

We are going to be shipping for about 5 days based on the volume of this pre-sale. Thanks for giving us the time to ship out orders.

International orders mail out Monday or Tuesday. The USPS is closed for holiday on Friday 3/21/08. But we'll have them ready to go.

Your free gift is a sound track from one of the videos. Smile

Happy new workouts. Smile

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

http://jtjulian2003.tripod.com

YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING,WHERE WOULD YOU PUT IT??

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/255246443.jpg

Ummmm yeah, I preordered Hi/Lo Knockout from CIA's site by mistake. I thought it was one of her older ones & there is absolutely nothing on CIA's site about it being a preorder--not much description at all in fact. I tried to cancel & got a rather snotty email from Greg Twombly himself giving me grief about it (when did you order from Amy? You've already been charged, we'd have to run a credit, blah blah blah). One thing this experience has taught me is Mr. Twombly doesn't understand the meaning of CS & I certainly won't be ordering from him again!

That said, Amy's CS is fantastic & I've had great experiences every time I've dealt with her. I'm pretty close to CT & I'm hoping In the Ring will be here any day.

A lucky forum member has already been promised my 2nd copy of HLKO. :)

thanks for the review, laura. i am super excited now. did it have a core section? if so, how was that? so far i have not been a big fan of amy's core moves, but i am happy to keep trying. i love her cardio!

Hi TerryMia- The ones who have received Amy's Hi/Lo workout ordered from CIA. In the Ring wasn't a CIA workout so that one's coming directly from Amy (I believe she's actually shipping right now so you should get yours soon) I ordered both of mine from Amy so I haven't received either yet.
:)

HTH
Jacque

Actually I am not surprised. Greg got kind of snippy with my remarks on another forum in regards to the pre filming description of Sharon's ( his wife ) workout. I had posted that it didn't look like it was going to be a very dancy workout, and that I wasn't into her athletic style. He posted on the forum that her choreography was going to have a dance feel to it, and that he had specifically stated that in the description.
The funny thing is that I have read a few reviews of her new workout, and dancy is not the direction it had seemed to go.

Whatever...;)

I got Hi-Low Knockout on Saturday and tried it yesterday, but I was so tired I ended up stopping in the first combo to take a nap. That's not a judgment on the workout, though--I've just been really exhausted (sick kids, etc.) What I did seemed really good, but like someone else mentioned, it's In the Ring I'm looking forward to the most. I ordered the CIA one from CIA and In the Ring from Amy. Stuff from CT usually gets here pretty quickly so I hope it arrives in the next day or two.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Has anyone wondered why Cathe switched production companies? I know she always wants to improve their product but she had worked with Greg for so many years it was suprising. I also noticed that Tracy S. has not used him for her more recent releases. Just curious, or maybe nosy would be the real word.......;-)

Pure speculation, but could it have something to do with the whole Clear Channel thing that seemed to have fallen through? Or maybe Chris wanted a more "professional" look to the workouts and NFL delivered. Whatever!

I've previewed the CIA one, but it was after a long, tough day, and I was not in the best of moods, so what I noticed most was what annoys me about her:

She likes to throw long sequences at us, and gives a long description of what is coming next ("next, we're going to knee-up, knee-up, shuffle, turn, kick, shuffle, lunge, bla bla bla ...." whatever) without breaking them down.

She uses the cue "arrow" for "arAbesque" (arrowbesque? :-( I guess a BA in English doesn't mean much)

She calls a "boxer's shuffle" a "boxer's 'shake'". Are we talking scared boxer here?

It might be fun, but I wasn't in a mood to think so at the time, LOL!

Laura,
Sorry to hear you got attitude from Greg Twombly, but I have to admit it made me feel a little better about my "run in" with him just last year.

I pre-order and moved prior to shipping. I e-mailed CIA my new address weeks before the estimated shipping date. Well they never changed my address in their data base.

When I contacted them to say that I did not received the dvds and we figured out that they had shipped to the wrong address, I was told that it was nt responsibility to track them down and that I had to contact the new tenants to find out what happened to the dvds. Hard to do considering I was in Florida and my last address was in New Hope, PA.

After much debate, they agreed to ship to my new address. Wouldn't you know, the dvds never arrived. I called to let them know and the next day Greg called me. He actually accused me of trying to cheat him with some kind of scheme! I was furious and said that I never signed for the dvds so how could he even prove that they were sent. I said that I had ordered for years from Cathe and many other instructors without issue, so it would seem that the problem was on his side. Guess what, 2 days later there they were on my door step (I still never had to sign for them.)

I was appalled at the way I was treated. No indication that CIA was at fault or was any effort ever made to trace/track the dvds.

Sorry to be so long-winded, I had forgotten about it until I read your post. Guess I must still feel a little insulted, plus I never really liked the dvds all that much :( after I finally got them.

Makes you appreciate Cathe's outstanding CS.

Debbie Russo

Hi
I ordered both from Amy's site and received them today. I previewed In the ring. It looks like a lot of fun. I did think when I preordered it was all low impact. Well maybe for Amy it is low impact, the interval drills are low impact though. It still seems like a space hog to me. I will try it tomorrow morning. Some of her past cardios have not clicked with me but this one seems on previewing a keeper.

The hi-lo with kickbox intervals I only was able to preview half of it and it seemed similar to her other hi/lo. I am not always crazy with her cueing. She doesn't seem to break moves down enough for me and it irritates me when she kinda says a long mouthful of different moves, before she shows those moves. It seems to make me take a longer time to get some of her cardio down, then I'm frustrated and don't want to bother with the workout. I have too many others to choose from.
Amy does seem to be getting better with each new offering.

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.