Who does The Firm and Cathe Please came and Meet me.

RE: Who does The Firm and Cathe Please came and Meet me...

Yup I did it! Now the wait is on............!
I am so excited! :7 woo hoo!

Cathy :)

Hi Sonia,

I too started out with the Firm. I still have all of their earlier tapes and enjoy them when I use them. Honestly, I believer Cathe and The Firm make excellent complements. Cathe is more intense, but you don't always need extra intense to have a great workout. In fact, varying intensity leads to greater fitness gains. That's where The Firm comes in for me--when I want lower intensity workouts that are still serious. The Firm was a great stepping stone to Cathe; I love using them both.

Cathy:)

Hi Sonia,

I just wanted to say "Welcome".

I can't really say that I am a former Firm user, b/c the ones I purchased sometime late last year, looked up-to-date on the cover, but when I played them I was aghast to see headbands & two toned workout outfits. I couldn't do any of the exercises b/c I kept laughing at what look like something from "Fame" (80's). There was absolutely nothing motivating about the w/o for me. Besides I couldn't take listening to the robotic voices of the instructors. I popped them out of the vcr so quick and returned them the store the very next day.

I simply adore Cathe so much that I really don't workout to any one else but Cathe. IMHO, I think you will enjoy each and every Cathe dvd you purchase and will get great results.

Haydee

Hey sonia,

I have actually just ordered the firm and it arrived last week. I have only done it one time. I believe the firm that i have is the latest one where the bench inclines. I do like it. I was doing Cathe before I ordered the firm. Cathe is awesome and she really challenges you. I recently moved away from my trainer; she was hardcore; but Cathe is an equal counterpart to her. Life is definately good.

I had the same thing happen. I bought a new-looking Firm video (the packaging had been redesigned) of Firm workouts and brought it home. I was stunned at how old it was. It was horribly out dated. The music was terrible. YIKES!

One other time I was spared the waste of time by a very nice casher at Target. As she picked up the Firm video (can't remember which one, now) she asked me if I realized that, although the cover was a new design, the actual workout was very old. She said the music was terrible & out of date. I thanked her and gave back the video and left without it.

When I began to workout with Cathe I kept my Firm videos for lighter workouts. After building endurance and strength with Cathe I didn't use the Firm anymore. I began using the premixes and workout blenders and also found that some of the workouts that were hard for me at first were now great for lighter workouts (Push Pull, Timesaver, etc. -- YAY!).

The Firm was a great place to start, but after building endurance and strength with Cathe I just didn't need or want them anymore.

I find it interesting how so many of us went from The Firm to Cathe.

Marla G.:7

Hi Sonia,
It's me.....and uhhhh, you know I do firm weekly. I have one tape by Cathe, Crosstrain Xpress. Its half step and half weights. If I were to base my opinion on that tape itself, I couldn't honestly say I find Cathe too much better or harder than the Firm. However, being that it's only one tape and I have numerous Firm tapes I don't want to make that judgement. I think many of the bad opinions of the Firm tapes comes from the quality of the videos that people may have had. As an example I find doing Body Sculpt with 15-20's extremely hard, but many wouldn't try it because it's from BSS1. And any of the advanced BSS3 cardios give the crosstrain express more than a run for the money even though they are 30 or so minutes. (Advanced Cardio Blast?!?) However, I do want to point out clearly to you that as I said I'm comparing all of that to one older workout of Cathe's. I think I will reserve judgment of the "best" workout until my Hardcore set arrives. Then I'll shall see if I can hang. To be honest I watched Crosstrain Xpress once and did it all the way through the next. So I'm definitely hoping for more of a challenge. I didn't even order Body Fusion, and the other intermediate one because after watching the clips, it looks almost exactly like some of the stuff from BSS3. I guess I'm looking for a challenge now and want to see if Cathe's up to it!

Christi,

I've actually thought about buying the CTX series so I will have a few good middle of the road workouts and a couple that are rumored to be quite challenging. Of course, the CTX DVD I want to buy is the one that has 7-8 full workouts on it (2 discs)...so this doesn't sound like the Crosstrain Xpress workout you are referring to.

I think you'll find these new Cathe workouts quite challenging (they sure sound like they are). I wouldn't be surprised if your Firm videos start gathering dust after you receive your new Cathe videos. Mine sure did! :7

Hello!! I am a firmie and catheite. I did maximum cardio burn today, i love that one. I own bbs1,2,and 3 plus all the add-ons. I do these w/o's all the time I love the firm. I own cathe's ctx series with cardio kicks and circuit max. I also use these not as much as the firm though. I do use her upper body wo's at least once a week. She is definetly a lot tougher than the firm. I am a runner too so firm cardio is enough for me since I run 3miles every other day.

Hi Christ,

Here is what I am planning to do. I am going to keep all my firm videos because I do like them. I ordered the hardcore series and I am going to buy the intensive series. I can't wait to do a Cathe's workout.

Hi! I had posted above ... I'm the one who just ordered my first Cathe video (IMAX 2/Cardio Weights DVD). I am just wondering, how tough is the cardio part of Cathe's videos? I work out with the firm but also do cardio at the gym and walk a lot. I am looking to boost up my cardio and Cathe's stuff looks intense but fun!
Thanks in advance!
Cathy:)

Hi! I have been Firming for 8 years and FitPriming for 2 and I am now happy to say that I am a Catheite after patiently waiting for 1 year to get my first set of workouts. I requested the Intensity Series for Christmas and I got them, courtesy of my husband. I am IN LOVE with Cathe! I have been ready to take it up several levels and knew that Cathe was the way. I still plan on doing my Firm (pre-2001 - do not like the new ones) and FitPrime's, but know that Cathe is going to dominate my workouts for some time! Next I plan on purchasing Body Blast and then Hardcore. As eager as I am for the newest workouts, there are so many of them and I want to start with some that are a bit older. I'd like to get a few pre-Intensity series workouts at some point soon. Feel free to give me some recommendations.:)

I did the Firm workout for 3 & 1/2 years, loved it! But one day I was flipping through the channels and saw Cathe, which of course stoped me in my tracks. I watched for about 20 minutes before I ran to my computer and logged onto this web site. I thought this is exactly what I need to get to the next fitness level!
I watched all the clips on the site and decided which tapes I wanted to start out with. I started with Cardio & Weights and Rhythmic Step. I loved them so much and loved the difference I left, and most important I loved the way Cathe "coached" and trained rather than just new the step workout like the firm.
Big difference, the Firm are master instructers of their step dance, but Cathe is a trainer and a coach, she tells you many times the right movement and what to watch out for. She says it so many times, but the way she tells you isn't like a drill instructor, but like your best friend who is looking out for your best interest.
To say the least I have been working out with Cathe for almost 6 months now, I have the Body Blast series and HSTA. I threw all the firm tapes to the back of the cabinet so the spiders can have their toys!!

I wouldn't go back to the firm for anything.

I too would LOVE to meet and workout with Cathe, so for my birthday I have asked my family to let me go to her gym at the Four Seasons so I can take a few of her classes, and they all think I am nuts for asking. But I don't think I can get Cathe here in KC! :(

Good luck with Cathe, stick with it and you will not only enjoy Cathe more and more, but you will fall inlove with the way you look and feel!!

I Have been doing the firm for ages and would like to get into cathe videos. what do you suggest I purchase first? I am 28 and have 2 children. I love exersize but am getting bored. I need a challenge. there are so many videos to choose from. I am fit and think I am not a beginner. I exersize 6 days a week. 3 days I do the
firm and 3 days I do pilates. I want to stop doing the form and step up and start cathe. help.

Try TLP too!

I've been a firmie for a longggggg time. My husband and I were members at the Columbia studio when we lived near there. When we didn't live nearby I have done the tapes for 14 years. Since GoodTimes has bought them I think the original intent has changed markedly.

When GT bought the FIRM they closed the Charleston studio where numerous video leads worked. Last February, Tracie Long-Mathews opened a state of the art FABULOUS studio called 'V' (as in Vie meaning life). It overlooks the Charleston Harbour and is just amazing. Adding to this, former FIRM instructors; Susan Harris, Jen Carmen, Jeanne Anne Copeston, Cindy Thorp and Bonnie Geer (and others)are on staff. These and other fabulous instructors and trainers make up the best exercise group I have ever been with!

If you haven't had the opportunity, check out her site at www.justv.net. We were fortunate to be able to be at the taping of her newest DvDs, CORE Cardio and CORE Strength, taped in Charleston on the USS Yorktown. You can not go wrong with these!!!

Peace,
Cynthia Evans
www.lifecorecoaching.org

PS--we are in Columbia and Charleston each month and I still go to the FIRM and V as often as possible!!

I've been doing the Firm since the late '80s - like the others I started with the Susan Harris, Volume 1 video. I actually still like that video as a "get back to basics" choice. I own 30 Firm tapes (don't feel so bad anymore seeing that someone else has over 60!), and agree that the quality has dropped significantly since GT took over. Like the others I think the Firm is a great place to start, particularly the first 10 or 12 videos or so. I'm relatively new to Cathe, after having discovered her on FitTV. (must say I'm very disappointed in their recent programming - seems they air Cathe less often and have upped geeky Gilad programs). I own four Cathe videos (Pyramid - love it!! Pure Strength - for my "lite" days; Ab Hits - excellent and and don't remember the other one - obviously haven't done it in a while). I've never done any of her cardio, however, and am a little intimidated by what I hear. I've ordered the Hardcore series and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. I think the two collections complement each other nicely. Congratulations on your excellent choices and happy sweating!!

hello sonia my name is debbie im from san diego california:) I started out with the firm and i really loved it,but i needed a challange,and i sure got that with the cathe videos. Im not that great doing the step yet,but im getting it slowly but surly.I hade my husband go out and buy me a step and a barbell set and started out doing the maximum strength workout it was tuff but love it now im doing the slow and heavy and i really love the slow and heavy until i get some new videos to my collection,well ejoy cathe shes hard but great see ya debbie ;-)

That's the other DVD I have - Slow and Heavy!! Love that one, too. You really feel it the next day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.