where do you get workout clothes?

jcm

Cathlete
Just wondering where/what brand exercise clothes people are buying. I'm thinking it's seriously time to replace mine.

I usually get mine at Target on the clearance rack. They always have cute stuff. I believe all mine are Champion brand.
LD

Mostly from Nike.com & Sandiegofit.com. Other than Nike my favorite brand is One Step Ahead--I love their supplex, it's so much softer & more comfortable than other brands.

Sandiegofit also just started carrying a really cool new brand (at least I think it's new) called Planet Body. The clothes are beautiful & unique, but they sell out very fast.

Target, usually. Since I work out only in my own home, I'm not too picky and don't see spending lots of money. Main concern is getting a top/bra that keeps the girls from bouncing. Now, my shoes I get from Zappos or something like that. But I don't spend a lot on the clothes.

Old navy had some really cute comfy workout clothes a few months ago. Not sure what they're selection is now. Activasports.com is a great website too. A little more expensive but they have clearance items.

Honestly, I love the Fruit of the Loom sports bras at Walmart--there's 3 to a pack for about 9.99. Of course, I'm not blessed with a lot of boobage, so they work great for me--I only have to wash this tiny little slingshot bra and my workout pants/shorts that I usually get at Target or Pamida for around 12.00 a piece. I blow my workout budget on shoes and DVD's-not clothes.

Another Target shopper here. I picked up a bunch of new stuff off the clearance rack right after Christmas! The Champion brand is as good as some of the more expensive stuff I've bought in the past. It doesn't make much sense for me to spend a lot of money when I work out in the basement. I still go to a specialty store for my running shoes though.

Have fun shopping!:)

Dallas

Another vote for the clearance rack at Target. I have a love hate relationship with that store.

Cheryl

Have you done a search on this? I know I use prior similar threads when I feel the urge to SHOP }(

Kohl's, Target, and JC Penney's usually. For some of my running shorts, I'll go to the local running store because I'm picky about those (it seems most regular places don't have the built in underwear or they're SUPER short).

I'm not too picky about most workout clothes though, I just make sure to buy the dry wick.

I vote for Dicks Sporting Goods. They have bras that don't let you bounce! I also like the black work-out shorts that are fitted (like bike shorts). Dicks isn't cheap, but the stuff lasts (brands are Champion, etc) and looks good! I like Target too, real cute clothes, but good-fitting tops are hard for me to find.

I wear only Nike and get them at Dick's or on Nike.com. I found that once I started wearing their stuff, nothing else felt good against my skin, especially once I was sweaty! Nike's dry fit fabrics really wick the sweat away from your skin (so well in fact that I have noticed less of a problem with eczema this winter!).

Becky

Lately, I've been buying Nike clothes labeled cardio. I tried the w/o clothes at Target and the legs are too long. I'm 5'3" and like wearing pants vs. capris and shorts.

Sports Authority, and Dicks have been the only places in my area with a nice selection of w/o clothes. My Boscovs and Kohls don't stock much of cardio clothing. Although, I recently purchased a Nike dri-fit capri/tank set at Kohls on sale.

I agree with Becky. I love Nike clothes. Nothing fits me better. I wear x-small tops and pants and the cut of their clothes are flattering to me. I usually order from Nike.com or go to Sports Authority when they are having a sale.

Shonda

I buy pretty much anything off the clearance racks at either Dick's Sporting Goods or my local Nike outlet store. I recently got some awesome tops and shorts for $5 a piece!!

I think it's already been recommended, but my favorite place is sandiegofit.com. They have such cute clothes, and a good choice of brands. I love to buy the unique bra tops they have!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.