When was the last time you cleaned out your closet?

red_mct

Cathlete
I did mine this week because (1) I had to put away my summer stuff and (2) I could no longer bear to look at the clutter of stuff I don't like, won't wear, can't fit into (from smaller days), don't want to fit into (from larger days), or just plain hate (is it PMS?). I ended up with one giant bag for the goodwill, which featured many items STILL bearing a price tag (sigh), shoes which were beyond inappropriate (I actually bought stilletos last year! what was I thinking!), and garments that looked like I thought I was much younger than I actually am (double sigh).

The beautiful thing, though, is I now know that the only pants I buy and actually like are black, I might as well stick with suits for work since they're all I tend to wear (I love things that don't require ironing), and off-work I am a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl. :7

Anyway, it felt great to purge. So tell us, when was the last time YOU cleaned out your closet, and what did you discover about yourself in the process?

Marie

I'm a bit like you. I clean out when the seasons change and it's time to get out the summer or winter clothes. I found out that I need some new sweaters:D . I also found out that I am a slob. The sweaters I plan on giving away have been sitting on my bedroom floor for a week, waiting to go into a bag and my car. Then they will sit in my car for another couple weeks till I drop them off at the Rescue Workers. I never used to be such a procrastinator. My DH is rubbing off on me.

I clean out my closet all the time. I'm a freak that way. My closets are always being cleaned and much purging is done. It's how I deal with stress.

I tend to clean my closet out with the change of seasons. I didn't have much to toss this time since I'm only recently into my current size and I had previously thrown out everything that was too big.

My problem this year is that I need to buy clothes and I hate shopping.

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Another seasonal switcher here. Yeah, my wardrobe is totally streamlined. Last year I finally gave away my size 4s--I'd been holding on to them in case I gained back the weight, then I figured if I got rid of them I'd have even more incentive to keep off the weight!

Oh, & I got the California Closet earlier this month--it is truly a beautiful thing! Everything is completely organized & color coded, plus I get to toss one of my dressers, which is more than 40 years old.

Twice a year, and I give away what doesn't fit or what I don't wear, or what doesn't meet with Stacy and Clinton's rules! I really DO learn from them.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

I probably pull stuff from closets at least once a year or I won't have room for all of my new purchases. But, 2 weeks ago I did a thorough cleaning and gave away about 10 bags of clothes, shoes, purses, etc. If I hadn't worn it in a year, out it went. My closets can breathe now.

I usually clean out my closet after I've gone on a shopping spree - a few times per year. Out with the old and in with the new!

LOL! That was my project for today, I didn't get to it. I can't even remember when I cleaned it out, it's long overdue.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.