what's YOUR personal motto???

I have three major motto/quotes that I try to live by...
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." — Henry David Thoreau
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." —Theodor Geisel
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." — Theodor Geisel

The first one is how I look past the cluttered house and lack of fancy things and "see" what matters in life (family, health, happiness)...
The second is how I keep myself from being the constant people-pleaser.
And the third is how I deal with the fact that my little ones are growing older at the speed of light...

:)

Lainie, my first thought was one you posted - All things in moderation.

But I also love a poem by Emily Dickinson -

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.

I have a few I like. I'm not always successful at living up to them but I try. :)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, ‘Wow' What a ride!"

"With our thoughts we make the world." - Buddha

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett. :D

Man.....what a confused kind of day I had yesterday! LOL

First I posted it, then changed it, then got distracted, came back, THOUGHT I fixed it, and I come here NOW and what was left of my post was "SORRY"!

LOL

OK....sorry to confuse everybody! All is well, I'm not so fuzzy-brained today! lol

My personal motto is KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!
My HS English teacher would always say "Keep on truckin', Mama!" and it just stuck with me over the years. I've said it over and over and OVER to myself thru thick and thin, thru some fun stuff, thru some horrible stuff.......but it's always kept me moving forward!

(again, sorry for all the confusion)

My wonderful, wonderful Daddy used to say: "Honeybee, :) there's a certain amount of garbage you have to take in this world, just don't let them rub your face in it."

When I am deciding which battles I need to fight, I think about that...is this just normal everyday stuff that we all have to deal with, or is a deal-breaker, something that you are willing to go to the mat for, something that is just plain wrong?

When I know something is wrong, I fight back, hard.

My wonderful, wonderful Daddy used to say: "Honeybee, :) there's a certain amount of garbage you have to take in this world, just don't let them rub your face in it."

When I am deciding which battles I need to fight, I think about that...is this just normal everyday stuff that we all have to deal with, or is a deal-breaker, something that you are willing to go to the mat for, something that is just plain wrong?

When I know something is wrong, I fight back, hard.

good perspective!

I can't say I have a motto, but there are several quotes the stick in my mind and impact my thoughts and actions. One of my favorites is from George MacDonald, a Scottish clergyman, novelist, and fantasy writer. "Attitudes are more important than facts".

For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin -- real life.
But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first,
some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination. -- Father Alfred D'Souza

My mom has always told me, "What you think about, you bring about." I think she got it from a motivational book, and it has always stuck with me.

The "fart more, think less" has got to be my husband's motto!

"...live a life of love.." Eph. 5:2....
it applies to every aspect of my life, my home, my work, my family, friends, nature, and so on...

FYI...the "fart more, think less..." had to have been coined by my DH....it just had to be...

I thought it would be easy to identify a personal motto, but I can't for the life of me come up with one. :eek:

I think I'll just steal Janis' for now (the one about farting)...;)

mine is: "Keep running, keep loving, keep living stress-free".

It reminds me to do what I love and not stress over what is going on around me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.