What's your favorite teen movie?

LauraMax

Cathlete
While I have to admit to a deep & everlasting love of Grease, partly b/c of the music & partly b/c of John Travolta, Fast Times at Ridgemont High has got to be the best teen movie EVER! I think I was almost the same exact age as those kids, & it was just so REAL. And FUNNY. I mean really, for those of you in that age range, was there a single issue they addressed in that movie you couldn't relate to?

Interested in what makes others feel nostalgic for those HS days........:)

I would say Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Earth Girls are Easy, Clueless, and Cry Baby would be my top five teen movies for me growing up.

Definitely Fast Times, but there is also this other sleeper, slightly more of a "guy" flick, but I absolutely adore the movie Class. How can you go wrong with super-dreamy Andrew McCarthy, Rob Lowe and John Cusack all in the same movie. Love it!!! (and Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles and Breakfast Club). Can you guess when I was in high school?

• Dirty Dancing - I must have seen this 5 million times and it breaks my heart that Patrick Swayze has cancer and that I can't afford tickets to the stage version
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Sixteen Candles
  • Pretty in Pink
  • Actually, pretty much any '80s John Hughes-Molly Ringwald movie, now that I think about it...
  • Grease 1 and 2 (yeah, that's right! 2! I said it, and I meant it!)
  • Say Anything

I love Sixteen Candles, Grease, Breakfast Club, and I LOVE The Outsiders.

If we are talking TV Series, I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed. I actually have all of the series on DVD:eek:.

Carrie

I saw the title of this thread and before I opened it "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" came to my mind.

The Breakfast Club
The outsiders
Porky's
Animal House

I saw the title of this thread and before I opened it "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" came to my mind.

The Breakfast Club
The outsiders
Porky's
Animal House

I believe I read somewhere that Porky's was the most successful Canadian film ever. As a patriotic Canadian, I find that a little disturbing! :eek:

I believe I read somewhere that Porky's was the most successful Canadian film ever. As a patriotic Canadian, I find that a little disturbing! :eek:

Kim Catrall's debut, right? That movie was crazy!

And Grease 2--Michelle Pfeifer's debut, right?

I remember Class, one of the kids slept w/his friend's mom. Why can I not remember her name? Great cast though.

Still sticking w/Fast Times. It was so gnarly! :p

Laura, the mom was Jaqueline Bisset, I think.

morningstar, I can quote Dirty Dancing almost verbatim. But it makes me sad to watch now too. Grease 2 rocks! " I wanna C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R!"

I loved "Better Off Dead" ... John Cusack was/is such a hottie..

Also loved "Lost Boys" .. Kiefer Sutherland was such a great bad guy/vampire.

Lynn M.

My favorite John Cusack movie will always be The Sure Thing. Love, love, love it. And I could probably quote all the lines while watching it.

Oh well if we want to talk about favorite John Cusack movies..........that's a toughie. Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, Grosse Point Blank, & Being John Malkovich are at the top of my list.

My favorite teen movie is The Breakfast Club. I never tire of it and I can quote it verbatim. It came out in my senior year of high school and each character represented the groups/cliques in my HS to a "tee"! Which, of course, was the point of the movie and what made it AWESOME! :D

"Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" :p:eek::D
"How come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, it will be anarchy!!"

I love Sixteen Candles, Grease, Breakfast Club, and I LOVE The Outsiders.

Carrie

Ditto.
"We'll do it for Johnny man, we'll do it for Johnny!!!" outsiders- absolute favorite movie. Everyone was in that.

And Dirty Dancing/Ghost-Love Patrick Swayze

Oh almost forgot St elmo's Fire

chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.