What's the best way to deal w/a pig out

dormars1979

Cathlete
I usually let myself eat less strictly on Sundays, but this Sunday I went crazy. My fiance and I had bought 5 bags of different fun size chocolate bars for Halloween, and I decided that I wanted to try one of each (I haven't eaten chocolate bars in awhile). After those 5, I wanted more and more and I ended up eating about 20 bars (or more, I stopped counting). So now I'm feeling bad about myself, weak, all the basics. So my question is, what does everyone feel is the best way to deal w/a pigout:

1) Just go back to the normal routine tomorrow
2) Try to eat less for the next few days to make up for it
3) Try to exercise more for the next few days to make up for it
4) Both 2 and 3

Or any other methods?

Thanks,
Doreen

Bless it and be done with it....work out, eat well, get on with the good thing! :D deb

Yup, just get back to normal. We've all been there. No permanent damage is done from one day. Hugs :)

Debbie

*(Calvin): People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Hobbes): Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

I second the vote for option #1. Punishing yourself by eating less/exercising more isn't going to "fix" it, it's just going to succeed in making you feel more guilty, which will make you want to eat more (or at least that's the way it works for me!;-) )

Hey,

I have definitely been there! Don't sweat it - you have to allow yourself an occasional over-indulgence...this is what keeps us sane. :)

I just try to go back to a "normal" eating pattern, drink lots of extra water, and avoid sodium/sugar as much as possible for a couple of days after a huge pig out session. Also, I tend to exercise a bit harder than usual for next couple of days. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Don't punish yourself - you work hard and you deserve to splurge now and then.

Dianna

http://www.picturetrail.com/Luv2WorkHard

I have a once-a-week planned pig-out and I just get back to normal the next day. No guilt is ever involved. I am just very strict with not cheating throughout the rest of the week, and don't skimp on exercise.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.