Whatcha doin for New Year's Eve?

DH has been out plowing snow for the past 2 nights, so I know HE isn't going to want to go out...I'm thinking we'll just grab a couple of beers, grill up the walleye he caught a couple of days ago, and both fall asleep on the couch before the ball drops...Is that pathetic, or what??? And a bit redneck, too?? Hee-Hee!!

MJ

Every year friends of ours give a New Year's Eve party. They're Indian, so it's black sari's and Indian food and Indian music (which is fun to dance to). I'm so bloated right now that I'm thrilled I get to wear a sari - they hide everything and they fit you no matter what your size! (Bloated due to TTOM and really bad eating habits this week - Jan 1 - back on the ole diet)...

Christine-
I can't think of anything better than eating Indian food in a giant expandable sari. LOL! How was your party?

Hi Nancy,

Yes, we did go to China (2 years ago). Emma is a precious little girl and we are so happy. Motherhood is a little tough at this stage in the game..I'm turning 51! Yikes, but I am making the most of it. I have a lot of pictures but not sure how to upload them to this forum.

Anyway, The Time Machine movie occured on New Years Eve of 1900. Sometimes they play the movie on NYE, that's when I first saw it.

Have a Happy New Year! :)

Hey Nancy! Happy New Year and all that! The party was fabulous. We ended up with about 50 people of all walks of life, and everyone was relaxed and happy. The parents of one of my DD's friends stopped by for "just a minute" and ended up staying about 5 hours. It was just that kind of party. We had a great time. Thanks for asking!

Did you ever get your killer Indian dinner?

I need to get off the computer and my duff, and get to work. I figured I'd finish the year with the BootCamp/ME bonus premix. Need a good hard workout before all that Indian food!

We are staying home with the kiddies, and will watch The Polar Express, and have a bottle of Dom.}( }(

Ann Marie

we will also probably be asleep by 10pm;)

We're going to see King Kong. The girls want to see it and, although we don't often go to a theatre to see a movie, I think this one deserves a big screen. I hope it's decent. I've heard mixed reviews. We're going to see a 4:30 show (I hope) and then out to our local Italian restaurant.

I'm hoping to be sleeping by midnight but DH probably won't allow it. He's got the champagne chilling now....I'm not a fan of the whole anti-climatic "Happy New Year" thing. He says I'm a party-pooper.:-( :)

I'm already seeing a few snowflakes..........ugh!!

Nancy156- I'm with you on the champagne at midnight. Unfortunately, DH is with your DH on the "gotta do it" so he'll maybe wake me up to say cheers!!! LOL what a silly plan. He's such a goof sometimes.

I don't ever in my life want to see King Kong. I don't go for movies like that. If they had made it 90 minutes, then I could probably handle it, LOL, but 3 hours is waaaaay too long for me. I hope you enjoy it!!! Of course, if you follow it up with some Italian food, though, I could probably be persuaded...

I hope all have a fantastic night with old friends and new friends and all the good plans and dreams the new year brings. Enjoy!!!

Amy, maybe we could get our husbands together to celebrate and we could sleep through it....lol.

Yes, Nancy, most of the reviews have been good that I've read but some of the people I know that saw it weren't very happy saying they could have cut an hour off of the movie, but most were.

Have a great holiday everyone.

Not doing a darn thing. Since Gannon is only 2 months old, we didn't feel comfortable going out this year. Lord knows my mom would've had a nervous breakdown is she had to watch both kids. Our 4 year old is a monster. LOL

Happy New Year to all of you! :+

We're meeting my DS and BIL for dinner at 7:30P at a steak house. Our 18 year old DD is joining us (which is very nice indeed!). We'll probably cruise on home after dinner (it's been snowing for a couple of hours and is supposed to continue until tomorrow morning).

We've been ringing in the New Year in our pajammies for a few years now...we stopped partying on New Year's eve a loooonnnggg time ago... there's no place like home!

Have a safe, happy New Year's eve everyone.

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...embrace it...don't fear it." - Cathe Friedrich

I just horsed down a good helping of chinese food, blended a margarita and am about to melt for a while with a good book...then maybe a movie, then watch good ol' Dick Clark ;)

ETA: and nothing beats the Law & Order Marathons!!!!!!!!

Hey Nancy! i made a bunch of appetizer foods and am doing ME later. We live out in the boonies, so people pop fireworks all night and we may go sit out with the chiminea and some wine later. I hope you all have a nice evening whatever you do!

jes

I am getting ready to sit in the hot tub. Then I will probably play my video game with DH that DH gave me for Christams. I might throw in some hot chocolate with Bailey's. After the Baileys, I will be toasted and will probably fall asleep. Yet another real party monster here. DH likes to stay up for the "New Year." I can't figure out why January 1 start the new year. I think it should really be Dec. 22 when the days start getting longer again and the Earth is starting to come back from around the back of the sun. But that is just me. :)

We went to my DH's brother's house. I drank 2 Diet Root Beers and ate too much - Wow, do I know how to party or what?:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.