What was your wedding song?

jdoll

Cathlete
ya know, the one you did the first dance to or whatever......

i am in the midst of planning and i'm leaning towards "Come Rain or Come Shine" performed my Ella Fitzgerald (not in person obviously)

i need more ideas though.....enlighten me ladies!!!

jes:D

My wedding song was Brian McKnight's Crazy Love. We loved his voice and thought it was such a good song plus it came out when we were dating. Karen

Kewl question!

My DH had a saxaphone quartet play the theme from the Christopher Reeve movie, "Somewhere in Time". He acually arraged the music himself...and it was a surprise gift from him in the middle of the service.

At our tenth anniversary my he had the same quarted come to our home and play it again...as a surprise, he got me good! ;)

The theme to "Somewhere in time"...WOW!! I love that song...I would have never thought of using that...How wonderful!!! That is one of my favorite movies of all time!!! and the best music of all!!

Our Wedding songs were:

From this moment: Shania Twain
Amazed: Lonestar

:) ;-) :D :p :9 :7 :+

Ours was Billy Joel's "Just the way you are"

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

Oh, how romantic...thanks for making me walk down memory lane....My husband and I danced our first dance as a married couple to the theme song from the movie "Pure Country." It was performed by George Strait and it is called "I Cross My Heart." Our other choice was "Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd. But I have always absolutely loved "Unforgettable" performed by Nat King Cole (also the "duet" with his daughter Natalie Cole). Ah.....

Renee

Oh Renee! I wanted "Cross My Heart" as our wedding song in the worst way! I absolutley adore that song!!! Problem is...that song had too many memories of my DH's ex-fiancee attached to it and they did not split up on good terms AT ALL so he really did not want to use that song. I understood and we agreed on another one but I was still upset :-( b/c that is a beautiful song...
~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

I kid you not, these are ALL already on my list!! Every one of them!

neat! thanks for sharing!!! Come on everyone!!! help me out please!!

jes:7

ahhhh.... this brought tears to my eyes!! Haven't thought about this in awhile.

Ours was "Cross my Heart"! At our wedding we played Marc Cohen (wedding song I think it was called??)

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I've been married twice (*blush*) but didn't have a wedding song either time because there was no dancing at either wedding.

I've always been awfully partial to "The Power of Love" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

I'll protect you from the hooded claw
Keep the vampires from your door
When the chips are down, I'll be around
With my undying, death-defying love for you
Envy will hurt itself
Let yourself be beautiful
Sparkling, love flowers and pearls and pretty girls
Love is like an energy
Rushing in, rushing inside of me...

:)

Desperado~The Eagles

It is a really good song, that isn't about being desperate, when you listen to the words.

On Eagle's Wings~Bette Midler (not the correct title. Can't think of it right now)

We went away and got married(which you already knew), but our song is "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. If we had a big wedding, it would have been the song we danced to.

Aila:)

"The way you look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra. We even took dance lessons and surprised the pants off our guests - we're both rather introverted so it was a big step for us (no pun intended). We weren't too bad either (if I do say so myself):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.