What shoes are you wearing CURRENTLY? EVERYONE respond

Well, currently I am barefoot. LOL

1. What is the brand name and model?

Asics Gel GT-2120's

2. Approximately how long ago did you buy them (i.e. can they still be found brand new)?

About 2 mos ago, bought them on ebay

3. What do you wear them for (hi impact, step, bootcamp, weight lifing, running)?

Running, then once they lose their cushion, they become my indoor workout shoes (kickbox, step, etc)

4. Would you buy them again? Do you like them? Any advice about them (run small, narrow, etc)?

Yep, I keep buying them because they're the only shoes that I can wear w/out getting black toenails or other running injuries. They run large.... I guess? I have to buy a size 12 to make them large enough in the toebox for running, although I normally wear a size 10 regular shoe.

Avia...mostly any crosstrainer they make are great for my feet.

Bought a few months ago at Kohl's - great prices

Wear them for all indoor workouts. Wear New Balance for walking.

Love them, always look for Avia. True to size.

I am sending the black Adidas back. Not super comfy like I thought, and quite frankly, pretty darn ugly to boot.;)

Tneah, I actually thought those Adidas were sort of cute! Of course, shoes totally look different on my feet than they do on the computer, right???

Anyway these are the shoes that I am currently wearing for my step aerobics-
http://www.zappos.com/images/734/7344781/6901-473244-p.jpg

I ordered them a half size larger than I usually wear and they fit perfectly!

Here are what I'm wearing for weights/kickboxing workouts-

http://www.zappos.com/images/736/7369669/6628-525409-p.jpg

and
http://a712.g.akamai.net/7/712/225/1d/www.footlocker.com/images/products/large/12756141_l.jpg

That's pretty much it for now.

HTH!

I wear Ryka Enlighten (sp). I'm looking for something new also. My feet are starting to really hurt durning high impact workouts.

Farrah

I have several pairs of Rykas (N-Gage, Enlight, etc) for weights and cardio. I like having a wider toe box, and these work well.

For walking, I wear Earth shoes (used to buy the Energetic Vegan, but just started with the Rocket Vegan). The regular Earth shoes run true-to-size for me, but I have to go up on these. I usually wear size 9, but last year, I got these in 9.5. This year, I tried both 9.5 an 10, and find that 10s fit better, so I just ordered some more from www.shoebuy.com (one-day 20%-off sale!). (I hate wearing a size 10! But I try not to think about the number, as the fit is just slightly bigger than a usual 9, and my Thorlo socks take up the difference).

>My husband brought me a pair of Avia's and I've been hooked
>ever since...not sure which model but I've had them for 3
>months now and use them for step, kickboxing, running....(I
>dont normally wear shoes when I weight train) And yes I would
>buy them again.

I used to wear Avia's and loved them! But it seems like the ones I've tried since then (different style because, of course, my favorite style is no longer made) are not quite as good.

I wear Ryka Circuit XT BUT... the most recent pair (the dark gray instead of blue on the inserts) doesn't fit well - they feel like they're not made the same as my older pair. I usually turn my shoes into walking shoes when I'm not using them for exercise, but this pair of Rykas has to be the most uncomfortable pair I've had in years. Am hoping to find a better-fitting pair soon!

I've tried lots of different shoes and just like the feel of New Balance crosstrainer shoes best. My current pair is number 504. I wear them for all my indoor exercise- weights, treadmill, elliptical, step, etc. I find them true to size.
Sandra

Hello,
Just saw this post and thought I would respond even though most of you will think I am crazy. This is what I have been wearing for the last 5 years or so.

1. What is the brand name and model?
I don't wear shoes. I go barefoot unless I absolutely need shoes.

2. Approximately how long ago did you buy them (i.e. can they still be found brand new)?
God gave them to me almost 47 years ago. And yes, He has given each of us a brand new pair at birth.

3. What do you wear them for (hi impact, step, bootcamp, weight lifing, running)?
I wear my feet bare for everything--hi impact, step, bootcamp, weight lifting, running, bike riding, soccer, shopping.

4. Would you buy them again? Do you like them? Any advice about them (run small, narrow, etc)?
I love my bare feet. God knew what he was doing when he made this model. I used to have a terrible time with Plantar Facitis until I quit wearing shoes. I couldn't run with shoes either. My feet, ankles, knees, and hips would hurt and I would have to give it up. I am up to 8 miles running barefoot. For my 50th birthday I would like to run a half marathon.
My advice for anyone thinking about going barefoot is to start slow and build up the muscles, ligaments, and bones in your feet. The pads on the bottoms of your feet need time to grow thicker, too. They were built to support you, but after years of wearing shoes that have basically immobilized them it takes time for them to get back to full strength.
And yes, I wear flip flops if the pavement is sizzling hot and I wear slippers or shoes with no arch supports or heals if it is really cold.

Thanks for listening. Good luck finding your perfect shoe. I used to buy expensive work out shoes and wear orthotics, too. So good to be free from all that expense and trouble.
God bless,
Heather

Thanks NaturalBeauty,

I truly believe--"We are fearfully and wonderfully made."

Wanted to let you know that I love your quote:

"It's hard to stumble when your on your knees"

And I was on my knees begging for God to help me find the Perfect Shoes that would take away by foot problems when He led me to a post on the Runners World web site that talked about running barefoot. That led me to this site on running barefoot:

http://runningbarefoot.org/

And that was the beginning of the end to my foot problems.
God bless,
Heather

Man...ok please dont take offense but how do your feet look? Are your soles tough? Are your nails still healthy? Do you get pedicures? I dont mean to be ignorant but what an amazing feat (no pun intended) I for one walk around barefoot all the time. Love it. Just dont know how you do it with aerobic exercise. Im just in awe

Tassha

Heather thank you for writing this insightful post! I have been wearing Nike Free shoes for a while now - the design concept behind which is to get as close to barefoot as possible in a shoe - but after reading your post I may just try the real thing!

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing and you'll hit it everytime --- anonymous

I have been wearing Brooke's Ariel for the past 5 years! I've had knee surgeries and this shoe is very supportive. Just ordered another pair on sale at www.ZBsports.com which is a pretty cool shopping site! If you type in ZBMemorial you can get an extra 10% off.

I have two pair that I wear. For running on the treadmill I always wear Brooks Glycerin 5 which I have had for 4 months. For weights and other cardio I wear Mizuno Wave Renegade which I purchased 9 months ago.. I believe the Mizunos were for extreme over pronators and the the glycerins were for over pronaters. I made my choices from shoes listed at the American Academy of podietry. www.aapsm.org

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Ann,

You're welcome. I have been reluctant to talk on this forum about going barefoot. I know most people think shoes are a neccessity, especially when exercising. I did too until I quit wearing shoes. So I am proof that "my" feet do best without shoes. All I ever ask others to do is try it. It doesn't cost a thing to go barefoot. I am not selling anything. My feet just feel so terrific since giving up shoes that I want to help others.

Tassha,

I think my feet look healthy, strong, and tanned. The pads on my feet have gotten thicker--not calloused. My nails are terrific and I have never had a pedicure. Once again, I will emphasize that if you want to exercise barefoot you must wear shoes only when you have to, start slow, and give your feet lots of time to rebuild all the muscles and ligaments that have attrophied during all the years they have been stuck in shoes. Check out the running barefoot site I posted.

God bless,
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.