What other message boards do you visit?

Aquajock

Cathlete
I was just curious:

The Forum participants here are quite enthusiastic, and I was wondering what other message boards or forums - fitness related or not - you frequent and why.

I frequent this forum and the Turnstep bulletin boards; Turnstep is a website for fitness-for-pay types (group fitness instructors, personal trainers, coordinators, etc.)

Which do YOU go to, and why?

A-Jock

This is pretty much it for me, Annette. I sometimes go to Cafe Utne, but the whiney irrational people get on my nerves after awhile, the same people month after month, so I rarely post, and am getting sick of the place. I do sometimes find some good stuff there though, so it's worth a scan.

I wish I could find another good forum, but this one is great. Thanks for asking, I hope to get some good suggestions.

I didn't like the VF Forum, although I read it for a year or so.

And I used to go to MUM, but it closed.

I come hereand to www.theladiesconnection.com I have been going there for years and have made some very good online friends. It is not a fitness forum - just a bunch of women talking about a bunch of different topics. I believe that it was orginally created to be another "mom" site but 1/2 of the ladies that go there aren't moms.

www.theknot.com and www.thenest.com

I frequent the Chicago message boards on both these sites. I've met many friends and received so much help planning my wedding with other Chicago brides. Now, a lot of us have already gotten married and we're helping new Chicago brides-to-be plan their weddings. A lot of us even get together and meet for dinner about once a month.
It's a lot of fun.

Dani :)

I visit Video Fitness fairly often. (I am bolieikl there, by the way). I started going there a long time ago to read about exercise video reviews and started reading the Forums to find out about the newest workouts. Before I found Cathe and VF, I knew of no other place to talk about or learn anything about new workouts. That was FOREVER AGO!!

I also "lurk" once in a while at YaYa's.

Linda

I love the Ya-Ya's. There is never discord there, and many of those ladies are diehard Catheites too. That is about the only other place I go. I also lurk sometimes at WW's Points Allowance Board. That is all mostly Core users, and I get food ideas there.
Lori S.

I try to limit my on-line time, so I just visit videofitness.com (the most frequently)because I am interested in all types of workouts and instructors, and the Prius chat forum, because I have a new Prius, and I learn lots about it on the forum (like where to buy good-quality, affordable car covers).

I visit VF pretty frequently but rarely post there. I occasionally visit the Ya-Ya forum but have only posted a couple of times. I've also bought a few things (including P90X) from their swap.

I lurk on the VF forum. Mostly because of the variey of fitness instructors, activities, practices, etc. that are discussed there. I also like that it isn't tied to a particular instructor, so I can see opinions of products and stuff that are less biased.

Just like you, A-J, I go to TBB and this forum. I also go to VF and Firm Ya-Yas sometimes. I like to hang out and sample music at GFMix- more than just when needing a CD, I'm a kind of internet mall-rat of exercise instructor music!

I found a site out of Toronto called Play de Record, they sell vinyl versions of an almost infinite number of types of music- their samples sound so good on headphones attached to the computer.

I occasionally go to VF, but rarely post. I belong to a Great Dane forum, a Vet Tech forum, and a science(physics) forum. Also a reading forum. I don't know any of the links offhand. I go to this forum 10 times as much as any other. The people here are wonderful.

Ruth:) :) :)

Too many! Here, VF, Ya Ya's, lowcarbfriends, and beyondlowcarb. I don't have a lot of time to post, but tend to post at the same thread on a board. For instance at lcf there is a daily exercise thread I HAVE to post on every day-keeps me accountable! I also record all my food in fitday, so I'm online a lot! Good thing I work on the computer all day at home alone-nobody knows what I'm doing! LOL
Jill}(

Cathes oviously, but I have been lurking lately at VF. There an afformative bunch as well - different to here - but NICE different.

The trouble I have, is that alot of forums are hosted outside Australia, and I can only lurk, not register to join in, because their registration DOESNT accept Australia as a choice of Country in registration.!

Oh well!!!!! ..............their loss...........leaves me more to say here then

Marion
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.