What One Food Makes You Wanna Open a Can of Whoop-Ass?

Jonezie

Cathlete
OK...I work at a school and am sitting 15 feet from a teacher's lounge that currently has two pink boxes filled with donuts (really really good donuts, too, ladies). Donuts are the one food that call to me, that I love so very much, but that me feel MISERABLE after eating them. How can something that tastes so good make me feel so bad immediately afterwards? I immediately feel my clothes getting tight and I just hate everyone around me (including myself) the rest of the day. UGH!

What one food makes you feel this way? I'm curious to know. And what food makes you feel GREAT? (For me, it's a pot of green tea and oatmeal).

Looking forward to hearing your foods!

:) Jonezie

Donuts are very funny for me. You'd think I'd get filled up easy, they're so heavy and filling. But not for me. I swear, I could easily eat a dozen, and maybe feel full! Good for me, I've never done that!

It all depends on my mood as to what I can't resist and eat too much of. But it does baffle me that I CAN overeat and feel HORRID afterwards, and do it again. You'd think something that made me feel horrid, wouldn't be so appealing.

I call them trigger foods and I have a few major offenders.

CAKE (a good cake) If I have one cup cake I have 6:confused: This food will make me giddy at first then depressed. I also expand like a dry sponge in water. You would think I would stay away.

Good old spaghetti with a fresh marinar. I just don't get full, in fact I get hugrier:p

I love them, but they do me so wrong

In the morning I like double shot of espresso and a protien shake with unsweetened almond milk....and it likes me:D

Oh...PIZZA! I love it, but I don't love one slice... I love many many slices!! On the good side- I think i'd hafta list my fruits....pretty much love em all (except mango...yucky)

Cake and cookies are my weakness!! I can't stop at 1 cookie...even those mammoth ones from Costco. Esp a good ol' chocolate chip cookie. And cake...forget about it! I have this really ANNOYING habit of cutting the smallest sliver imaginable to just "get a taste" but the problem is, I keep cutting and cutting and don't stop. It winds up being better if I had cut a darn regular-sized slice to begin with! UGH!

On the other hand, egg whites make me feel great! 3-4 mornings out of the week, I'll make either an egg white muffin w cheese or an egg white omelet and Ezekiel toast. Eggs fill me up but I don't get that heavy, bloated feeling. They're also really energizing and knowing I downed all that protein for minimal calories feels fantabulous!!

CAKE (a good cake) If I have one cup cake I have 6:confused: This food will make me giddy at first then depressed. I also expand like a dry sponge in water. You would think I would stay away.

I also have a cake problem. I CANNOT BE TRUSTED AROUND CAKE.

Happily, since I'm vegan and I'm the only person I know who ever makes vegan cake, I can resist the occasional work-related cake land mine. But sometimes when I'm making cupcakes or birthday cake for some special occasion...well, all's fair in love, war, and cake.

She said only one food or a few in each category, I went overboard.

I hear you!!! Cake, donuts, crackers, chips, pizza, cinnamon rolls, fresh loaf of bread, cinnamon raisin anything like bagels, bread, rolls whatever, dried fruit- I can eat the whole bag and still be hungry, trail mix, sweetened nuts- almonds or walnuts in a sugary coating, cheetos, doritos, triscuits- I once ate a whole box on a road trip to San Francisco, it was only a two and half hour drive, ice cream- when I was a kid I would push a chair over to the freezer, climb up, open it sneak the whole carton of ice cream into the back yard, and eat the whole thing. One gallon of ice cream. Yup, I think that puts me on a par with Drew Barrymore and her childhood alcohol/drug addictions. Oddly, any smoothie even one's with just protein powder, fruits, and yogurt. I always put on. And am hungry in a half hour. Chinese food, any kind. I never met a dim sum I didn't like too much :D Peanut butter out of the jar with chocolate chips. mmmm. Tings out of the bag. I can dessimate a bag in less than 30 minutes. munch munch munch. Cookies, almost any flavor. Also, I could eat any deli meat a pound at a time. Its ridiculous. And fattening, sodium, dextrose (aka wheat based sugar/carb source to mask bitterness.) and MSG. bad combo.

I have learned to put some foods on the NEVER IN MY MOUTH AGAIN list.
I have learned to make some healthier versions and also to use portion control.

So, in the healthy category: I love the crudite platter. I do great with that. I just have to watch the bad dressings. I used to like the vegetarian pizza on whole wheat, but that had to go with the gluten thing.

Did I mention I have a weight problem? I guess this means I'm always going to take it one day at a time and will always be in a form of recovery. :eek:

I hear you!!! Cake, donuts, crackers, chips, pizza, cinnamon rolls, fresh loaf of bread, cinnamon raisin anything like bagels, bread, rolls whatever, dried fruit- I can eat the whole bag and still be hungry, trail mix, sweetened nuts- almonds or walnuts in a sugary coating, cheetos, doritos, triscuits- I once ate a whole box on a road trip to San Francisco, it was only a two and half hour drive, ice cream- when I was a kid I would push a chair over to the freezer, climb up, open it sneak the whole carton of ice cream into the back yard, and eat the whole thing. One gallon of ice cream. Yup, I think that puts me on a par with Drew Barrymore and her childhood alcohol/drug addictions. Oddly, any smoothie even one's with just protein powder, fruits, and yogurt. I always put on. And am hungry in a half hour. Chinese food, any kind. I never met a dim sum I didn't like too much :D Peanut butter out of the jar with chocolate chips. mmmm. Tings out of the bag. I can dessimate a bag in less than 30 minutes. munch munch munch. Cookies, almost any flavor. Also, I could eat any deli meat a pound at a time. Its ridiculous. And fattening, sodium, dextrose (aka wheat based sugar/carb source to mask bitterness.) and MSG. bad combo.

So, in the healthy category: I love the crudite platter. I do great with that. I just have to watch the bad dressings. I used to like the vegetarian pizza on whole wheat, but that had to go with the gluten thing.

Did I mention I have a weight problem? I guess this means I'm always going to take it one day at a time and will always be in a form of recovery. :eek:

Rapid Breath...I love you! I thought I was the only one who loved food this much. Phewww! You have a NEVER IN MY MOUTH AGAIN list? How's that workin' for you? I wish I was that disciplined.

:) Jonezie

Donuts are very funny for me. You'd think I'd get filled up easy, they're so heavy and filling. But not for me. I swear, I could easily eat a dozen, and maybe feel full! Good for me, I've never done that!

It all depends on my mood as to what I can't resist and eat too much of. But it does baffle me that I CAN overeat and feel HORRID afterwards, and do it again. You'd think something that made me feel horrid, wouldn't be so appealing.

Boingo...why DO we keep going back to the things that make us feel so horrid? I wonder the same thing. Every time I do it, I think "I'll never do it again!" 2 days later...
:(

You can have the cake. I want the ICING...buttercream that is. There's nothing quite like that lard and sugar combination. Although, it doesn't seem so appealing when it's put that way, does it? :p

I just don't have any sort of craving or love relationship with sweet or carb heavy foods. Donuts, cakes, pies, cookies, etc. don't interest me.

If you ever find me overdosed on food, it will be from veggies and fruit most likely. I love tomatoes, avacados, blueberries, strawberries, roasted veggies (squash, peppers, onions), spinach (my friends laugh at me when we go out to eat because I will order spinach every where I go, in whatever method the restaurant happens to cook, or not cook, it!) and tomatoes.... did I mention tomatoes? ;)

I would also say that one of my biggest indulgences is cheese. I love cheese and my favorite is Havarti. Fortunately, I can only eat so much cheese at one time, but I love a slice of Harvati on a Thin Crisp Triscuit. Yummy!

Potato chips and sour cream dip...I have surrendered to those during my pregnancies (with penalties of course!) This is one deadly combo I do not even try because I don't trust myself with only a few. Aged cheddar Cheese is also a big temptation and sometimes Jelly Bellies candies (at night!)

Grilled lean chicken and greens make me feel lean and healthy.

You can have the cake. I want the ICING...buttercream that is. There's nothing quite like that lard and sugar combination. Although, it doesn't seem so appealing when it's put that way, does it? :p

I use shortening (trans-fat free) in place of lard - and you are gonna have to arm-wrestle me for the icing. :D

these deadly little crackers call to me like no other....but the resulting heartburn has taught me that I can never eat these again...

I love cake too and I am also horribly guilty of picking "bites" of food then 2 pieces (or more) later I realize what I've done and feel horrible. I hate it when that happens.

Last edited:
Potato chips and sour cream dip...I have surrendered to those during my pregnancies (with penalties of course!) This is one deadly combo I do not even try because I don't trust myself with only a few. ...

okay, that's just not fair...I was okay with the cake, donuts, and other undesirables...but that's just not fair

at least when you're pregnant you have an excuse!:eek: ..... honey!

;)Linda

I would also say that one of my biggest indulgences is cheese. I love cheese and my favorite is Havarti. Fortunately, I can only eat so much cheese at one time, but I love a slice of Harvati on a Thin Crisp Triscuit. Yummy!

i LOVE cheese myself. but i don't seem to over indulge with it as much and even so don't feel TO guilty if i do. was reading on yahoo that its the new "diet" food b/c it helps keep you full. i use it as a way for dh to eat his veggies. some shredded cheddar on his broccoli gets him to eat it at least LOL.

kassia

This really made me smile today. You are too cute :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.