What is your ideal vs. realistic weight?

It is so intersting to see how weights and sizes vary depending on the person.

I am 5'10 and weigh 135. I have been here for years and rarely fluctuate. Usually I make decent food choice but rarely totally clean or totally naughty. I also exercise around 1 hour a day.

Yesterday at work they had free health screenings for those interested so I fasted and particpated. I weighed in at 134 with a body fat of 16.4. Pretty good, but I still wear a size 8 or 10. Have never even tried on a 6 because I just can't imagine it would fit.

I am fine with where I am at. Feel healthy and strong. But... I think it would be kind of fun to wear (or at least say I wear) a size 4-6. Silly, I know. And I can't imagine it would every happen!

Nancy

My ideal weight is what I was at the road trip; 110 pounds. My realistic weight is where I am now around 114-117 pounds.
Lorrayne

I'm at 127 right now, which I did not think was realistic, but ideal would be about 120-125. I actually lost weight after menophase, which I'd always thought was next to impossible. My secret? Move more and eat less bad stuff and more good stuff along with keeping track of it all!
Just Do It! :)

I will take this information to my grave!! My body size/shape are deceptive in appearance--no one has ever come close to guestimating my weight and that's just fine with me. LOL!!!

Michele

Currently I weigh 105 lbs. I'm 5'2" with a petite frame. I have been as high as 120 lbs., but wore a size 1. Now I wear a size 3. I am happy with my weight, but wouldn't mind having around 16-17% body fat and adding some more muscle. I admit I get elated when the scale is at 105 lbs. If I eat without abandon, my bodyweight usually hovers around 110 lbs.

Well I haven't even made it to my "realistic" weight which I hope is 128 (the top of my range for my height). However, I'd really like to be about 120. I've never been 120 in my adult life even before I gained weight so I don't see it as realistic for me to get that low and stay that low so I'm trying to learn to be happy with 128.

I'm 5'2", age 46 and my realistic weight is 120, that's what I am now. My ideal weight would be 115. My luck, that 5 pounds would come off of my boobs, except I don't think I even have 5 pounds there to lose.

Why is 5 pounds so tough to lose, but so easy to gain?

Jeanette

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who wathches The Number!! My DH thinks I go overboard. Today :) I weighed 122 (.5) :D My personal ideal weight is 119 and really, without a lot of work i can probably reach it by Mon//no kidding! I'm a teacher and once school starts the few pounds are lost and of course, there's always my cycle to figure in there!!! But, see, probably a couple pounds are water, but I do feel great when the scale says 119, and my clothes fit better! leslie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.